Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4130344 times)

Online tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #64280 on: November 1, 2020, 12:07:47 am »
usyk no power??

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64281 on: November 1, 2020, 12:10:02 am »
Had Usyk by 2. Dont think he should go after the likes of Joshua or Fury to be fair.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #64282 on: November 1, 2020, 12:10:04 am »
Usyk did okay, nothing unexpected. He'd win all 12 rounds against Wilder. I'm in the minority but I think Usyk could beat Fury in a tactical snoozefest. He'd struggle against Joshua though IMO.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64283 on: November 1, 2020, 12:20:04 am »
Coldwell like Bellew talking shit saying Chisora won.

I wish people like this would shut up Usyk won.

Do I back Usyk to beat Fury/AJ no I dont but like he said he has not boxed for a year.

We are seeing this in football in Covid times its the same in all sports its hard to perform to your maximum.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #64284 on: November 1, 2020, 12:29:06 am »
We are seeing this in football in Covid times its the same in all sports its hard to perform to your maximum.
That's a fair point. I've been thinking of this while watching various footy matches, the concentration and overall level has definitely dipped.

Offline Klopites

• Main Stander
« Reply #64285 on: November 1, 2020, 12:46:43 am »
AJ and Fury will take his head clean off, what this fight has shown is that there is going to be no point or interest in seeing Usyk vs Joshua enforced by the WBO mandatory in place of Joshua vs Fury for a undisputed unification. What does Usyk really think he can bring to a Joshua fight to win? If Joshua comes in light Usyk is still not knocking him out and he isn't out boxing a light Joshua. If Joshua comes in heavy he's still not out boxing Joshua to a points decision, Joshua will jab his head off on the outside not letting him get close and he has no chance in hell at knocking out a heavy Joshua he will be knocked out himself the first clean punch Joshua lands.

It's a joke that Usyk will be holding an all out heavyweight undisputed unification fight hostage for a WBO mandatory from Cruiserweight. The only reason I'd want to see Usyk vs Joshua is to see Joshua knock him out and send him back to cruiserweight but I'd rather see Joshua vs Fury and hopefully the WBO agree and apply the unifications trump mandatories.

He doesn't beat Wilder not a chance, he couldnt even avoid and got hit by some really slow hooks which Chisora threw from miles away there's no way he's avoiding Wilders fast, powerful straight right hand for 12 rounds straight.

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #64286 on: November 1, 2020, 01:05:59 am »
Usyk has the skills no doubt. I'd just worry about the size of Joshua and Fury.

Chisora is big in weight, but very slow and Usyk actually a bit taller.

But the other two are giants, I think Usyk could struggle against them. He's a quality operator though.
20 and 7

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64287 on: November 1, 2020, 01:06:37 am »
Usyk won that fight but he isn't ready for AJ, Tyson or even Wilder yet.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #64288 on: November 1, 2020, 01:14:13 am »
Just love watching boxers like Usyk. His footwork is unreal. The best bit was Sky pretending Delboy was in the fight whilst the highlights showed Usyk landing shot after shot.

Usyk will cause any heavyweight problems because he is technically brilliant.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Klopites

• Main Stander
« Reply #64289 on: November 1, 2020, 01:33:13 am »

Usyk will cause any heavyweight problems because he is technically brilliant.

He just won't though will he there are heavyweights who are technically as good if not better especially Fury, besides Fury Joshua is very sound technically as well whilst both of them have a massive size, reach, weight and power advantage, he won't cause Fury any problems and he won't be able to cause Joshua anywhere near enough problems. He can dance around a bit and throw some nice combinations which may or may not land but at the end of the day there's not enough power there and as soon as Joshua touches him it's lights out and he wasn't exactly untouchable against massive slow looping Chisora hooks, what's he going to do just dance round Joshua not being able to get close enough to land anything? Joshua will jab his head off on the outside and even if he does manage to get inside without taking too much damage from Joshua's jab what's he going to do when Joshua rips the uppercut straight through him? I don't see how he has any kind of chance against any of the top 3 and as such the belts and a undisputed unification by any of those should not be held to ransom by Usyk based on achievements not even from the same weight division.

Lets see what he can do against Whyte, Povetkin, Parker, Ruiz and other top 10 heavyweights etc then he can say he deserves a shot.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64290 on: November 1, 2020, 02:23:31 am »
Thought chisora gave a decent account of himself but ultimately usyk was the better fighter. Any streams for tank and Leo?

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64291 on: November 1, 2020, 02:26:09 am »
What channel is Inoue on tonight?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64292 on: November 1, 2020, 03:43:53 am »
Brutal from Tank. It was clear from early that Leo didn't have the power to discourage him. He is gonna take some shifting at 135lbs.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2020, 03:51:25 am by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline JohnnyNI

• Main Stander
« Reply #64293 on: November 1, 2020, 03:43:58 am »
Great fight between Santa Cruz and Davis while it lasted, incredible finish by Gervonta Davis.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #64294 on: November 1, 2020, 03:45:20 am »
What a fucking knockout
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #64295 on: November 1, 2020, 03:49:21 am »
Wow what a fight. Fantastic fight, fantastic finish.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64296 on: November 1, 2020, 03:52:08 am »
Potvekin or Tank, that's a stupidly tough choice for KO of the year

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64297 on: November 1, 2020, 10:12:28 am »
Tank v Leo was a decent fight but what a KO punch by the Tank.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64298 on: November 1, 2020, 11:03:08 am »
Jesus, some KO that. Davis is something special. There's some great fights at 135 out there, lets hope we see them.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64299 on: November 1, 2020, 11:14:42 am »
"The Tank" is a nickname that just does not belong on a 135lber. Still, what a finish. Wonder what Ryan Garcia thought of that.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64300 on: November 1, 2020, 11:50:15 am »
Id like to see Davis v Lomachenko he has seemed to side step him but that wont happen whilst Loma has no belt.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64301 on: November 1, 2020, 12:35:11 pm »
"The Tank" is a nickname that just does not belong on a 135lber. Still, what a finish. Wonder what Ryan Garcia thought of that.

Considering that finish I would beg to differ

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64302 on: November 1, 2020, 12:56:26 pm »
Fuckin' hell that's what you call a Knockout.  :D

Online tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64303 on: November 1, 2020, 01:53:05 pm »
Wow, just watched it..

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #64304 on: November 1, 2020, 03:09:19 pm »
What a KO that was. Was a really good fight. Santa Cruz started really well, think it changed in the 4th when Davis first hurt him, was a little more reticent after that. The 6th was a cracker though and Santa Cruz was giving as good as he got up until the finisher.
Ridiculous power and a decent counter puncher but could be in trouble if he fights a boxer who can take his power (although I defy anyone at that weight to survive being caught flush by one of those uppercuts)
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #64305 on: November 1, 2020, 05:46:13 pm »
Potvekin or Tank, that's a stupidly tough choice for KO of the year

Not a shot like the uppercut when it lands flush like that. Explosive shot from Tank as it was from Povetkin back in August.

Stopped scoring Chisora-Usyk after 5 rounds have Del-Boy 3-2 up at that point so will watch it again. Anyone on here watch Inoue-Moloney, have seen the end but wonder if that's worth a watch too.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64306 on: November 1, 2020, 05:49:36 pm »
Inoue got a 7th round stoppage as well mate.  Worth it for his precision boxing alone.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #64307 on: November 1, 2020, 05:57:18 pm »
What a KO that was. Was a really good fight. Santa Cruz started really well, think it changed in the 4th when Davis first hurt him, was a little more reticent after that. The 6th was a cracker though and Santa Cruz was giving as good as he got up until the finisher.
Ridiculous power and a decent counter puncher but could be in trouble if he fights a boxer who can take his power (although I defy anyone at that weight to survive being caught flush by one of those uppercuts)

I think what sets Davis apart is the combination of lightening hand speed and destructive power. Usually the fighters with really fast hands tend to fight on their toes whereas Davis really sits down on his punches.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64308 on: November 1, 2020, 06:15:31 pm »
Inoue got a 7th round stoppage as well mate.  Worth it for his precision boxing alone.

Possibly my favourite fighter in the world right now.  Just electric.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64309 on: November 1, 2020, 07:51:05 pm »
I see Wilder's crawled out from whatever rock he's been hiding under. Now he reckons Fury had put weights in his gloves ;D

He really needs to fuck off until this unification fight happens. No one's arsed about him.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64310 on: November 1, 2020, 07:58:35 pm »
Did know Fury was trained by Antonio Margharito.  ;D

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #64311 on: November 1, 2020, 08:23:42 pm »
If you look closely at this image then there are 8 hooves but only 7 horseshoes.

I think Deontay may be onto something.

« Last Edit: November 1, 2020, 08:26:43 pm by Al 666 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64312 on: November 2, 2020, 02:09:07 pm »
Frank Warren say's Agit Kabayel is the chosen opponent for Tyson Fury next.  ;D

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #64313 on: November 2, 2020, 02:22:54 pm »
Frank Warren say's Agit Kabayel is the chosen opponent for Tyson Fury next.  ;D
Tell me that’s a made up name
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64314 on: November 2, 2020, 02:27:04 pm »
Not made up mate.  :D

Unbeaten fighter but has fought tomato cans bar Chisora who he beat three years ago.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #64315 on: November 2, 2020, 02:29:05 pm »
Don't care who he fights as long as they are able to set up the fights with Joshua next year

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64316 on: November 2, 2020, 02:39:58 pm »
Would have wanted a Latvian to be honest. This guy very comfortably beat Chisora when he fought. Fury will win but I don't want cuts or any stories

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64317 on: November 2, 2020, 02:47:46 pm »
Of all the fights he could have had he chooses Ajit Kabayel who I’m still convinced Samie has made up. Is it purely a case of Fury not wanting a tough fight before the proposed Joshua fight? Are the better fighters tied up with fights elsewhere? Or, is it just another bum for Fury to add to his list and then claim to be the best?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64318 on: November 2, 2020, 02:50:45 pm »
 ;D

The toughest opponent he could've fought as a tune up fight would be Rivas but he's in that category of "Might do some damage". Basically they just want Tyson Fury ticking over before the AJ fight. 

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64319 on: November 2, 2020, 02:56:00 pm »
I would have co-signed Dave Allen if im being honest. I don't want any stories. It's a shame it wont be a crowd but the AJ V Fury fight is withing touching distance.