Author Topic: Draft Towers  (Read 314504 times)

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Draft Towers
« Reply #2760 on: September 3, 2019, 07:37:39 pm »
International break - does anyone fancy doing anything?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2761 on: September 4, 2019, 02:15:43 pm »
You're not my type mate...well not when sober.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #2762 on: September 4, 2019, 02:36:42 pm »
What did we have proposed prior to the last one?

Really enjoyed the Premier League draft we just did, so could do something similar with other leagues?
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2763 on: September 4, 2019, 05:25:42 pm »
I did put forward female vocalists a while back, that seemed to whet a few drafters appetite, moving away from the footie for a mo and after the success of the last music draft
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2764 on: September 4, 2019, 06:47:53 pm »
I did put forward female vocalists a while back, that seemed to whet a few drafters appetite, moving away from the footie for a mo and after the success of the last music draft

Yes! Bagsy Rose Melberg (if tubby's involved).
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2765 on: September 5, 2019, 01:30:09 pm »
For those who are itching to kill time at work, join my SoccerManager.com Bundesliga  409252 [invitation code]

It's your replacement drug for footie drafts :D

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2766 on: September 6, 2019, 10:28:30 pm »

100% up  for this
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2767 on: September 6, 2019, 11:12:27 pm »
100% up  for this

Would it just be solo artists or groups with a lead female singer too?
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2768 on: September 7, 2019, 09:52:20 am »
Would it just be solo artists or groups with a lead female singer too?

I think solo artists, to keep it pure. There may be examples of female band singers (eg: Stevie Nicks), who made solo albums. That would be fine I think. Just to say, I'm only suggesting this. Won't be able to run it, unfortunately. As drafters will remember, I can go on the missing list occasionally...

I remember the last music draft, which was great fun, came during an International break I believe. Maybe aim for the next one if we can get a gang up?
« Last Edit: September 7, 2019, 09:53:59 am by vivabobbycurmudgeongraham »

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2769 on: September 7, 2019, 11:15:15 am »
Yes! Bagsy Rose Melberg (if tubby's involved).

Back off.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2770 on: September 7, 2019, 01:26:50 pm »
I think solo artists, to keep it pure.

This is tricky. Take a couple of examples: Amy Winehouse, known as a solo artist, always had a backing band, same applies to Janis Joplin.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2771 on: September 7, 2019, 01:44:31 pm »
This is tricky. Take a couple of examples: Amy Winehouse, known as a solo artist, always had a backing band, same applies to Janis Joplin.

Just go with a rule of, if the artists name is the one music is sold under then they are solo.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2772 on: September 7, 2019, 02:39:59 pm »
Just go with a rule of, if the artists name is the one music is sold under then they are solo.

Is the correct answer. Only needs to be one album also

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2773 on: October 7, 2019, 07:24:35 pm »
New international break, I'd be down for this.

I think female bands could also be included. What constitutes female bands would be subjective, but IMO something like The Breeders would be whereas Pixies wouldn't be. Thoughts?

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2774 on: October 7, 2019, 07:53:03 pm »
New international break, I'd be down for this.

I think female bands could also be included. What constitutes female bands would be subjective, but IMO something like The Breeders would be whereas Pixies wouldn't be. Thoughts?

Having a one round pick would work. Be a nice teaser as to when to go for it?

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #2775 on: October 7, 2019, 08:46:33 pm »
Of course, I'm down.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2776 on: October 7, 2019, 08:47:11 pm »
Sure why not...

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2777 on: October 7, 2019, 09:44:12 pm »
Could get this started at some point this week then if enough people are interested.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2778 on: October 7, 2019, 10:57:25 pm »
👍

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2779 on: October 7, 2019, 10:57:41 pm »
I'm in

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2780 on: October 8, 2019, 12:19:12 am »
I'm in if female fronted bands are included, not down for just female solo artists.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #2781 on: October 8, 2019, 12:24:33 am »
I'm in if female fronted bands are included, not down for just female solo artists.
Ditto.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2782 on: October 8, 2019, 02:23:08 am »
How many rounds (picks)?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2783 on: October 8, 2019, 05:03:24 am »
I liked the format we used for the last music draft of going through the decades. Maybe add another round of bands to it?

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2784 on: October 8, 2019, 07:47:17 pm »
Ok, some rules, shameless nicked from Betty's original draft, thoughts and changes are welcome:

Rules:

- 8 female bands or female solo artists each. Bands must female only or the majority of members must be female so B*witched are eligible but Sonic Youth or The Cardigans aren't. Final decision rests with the person running the thing.
- If an artist appears in multiple bands or has had a solo career, they can still be picked by another player.
- You must pick an artist or band from at least 4 different decades between 1920 and the present day. NOT SURE ABOUT THIS, THOUGHTS ARE WELCOME
- If a band or artist has had multiple incarnations or member changes, please specify which version/era you're picking. For example, Floyd 67 vs Floyd 80. No other variants on that bands line-up can then be picked.
- Where possible, please post a video or link to some live footage or a great track by your pick. It gives the draft a bit of added life.
- At the end of drafting, you must nominate a headline act and choose the order in which your bands/artists will appear on stage.

Participants:

Hazell
viva
Lastrador
Chakan
Trend
tubby

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2785 on: October 8, 2019, 09:51:21 pm »
I'm in

- If an artist appears in multiple bands or has had a solo career, they can still be picked by another player.

Not sure about this rule. Without much effort I can think of two female singers that could be picked by three players. 

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2786 on: October 9, 2019, 12:01:33 am »
When are we thinking about starting this?  In research mode already :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2787 on: October 9, 2019, 06:47:06 am »
At some point later this week, I think, just to get some time to start it :)

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2788 on: October 10, 2019, 06:43:59 pm »
What about if it's 50/50 female/male with a female singer/singers?

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2789 on: October 10, 2019, 07:21:26 pm »
Sorry, I don't think I'm gonna get time to run this one this time, next international would be more likely.

Unless anyone else wants to run it?

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2790 on: October 10, 2019, 07:22:28 pm »
What about if it's 50/50 female/male with a female singer/singers?

Good question. My opinion is that if they're thought of as a female band then yeah, if not then no. But that's pretty subjective so I don't know. I think that would generally be fine though.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2791 on: October 10, 2019, 07:24:02 pm »
Good question. My opinion is that if they're thought of as a female band then yeah, if not then no. But that's pretty subjective so I don't know. I think that would generally be fine though.

Hmmm so it has to be 50/50 and thought of as female or just thought of as female?

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2792 on: October 10, 2019, 07:35:33 pm »
Hmmm so it has to be 50/50 and thought of as female or just thought of as female?

50/50 and thought of as female or the majority of the band would have to be female, I'd say.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2793 on: October 10, 2019, 07:36:56 pm »
50/50 and thought of as female or the majority of the band would have to be female, I'd say.

Ok fair enough, was gonna pick another band then, but the 50/50 thing kills it.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2794 on: October 10, 2019, 07:42:59 pm »
Ok fair enough, was gonna pick another band then, but the 50/50 thing kills it.

Who was it?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2795 on: October 10, 2019, 07:47:20 pm »
Who was it?

Siouxsie and the Banshees

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2796 on: October 10, 2019, 07:51:34 pm »
Siouxsie and the Banshees

Don't know any of their songs but I always thought of them as an all female band, shows what I know (not very much, obviously).

I was writing down some rules, they're not really set in stone so whoever runs the thing can ultimately decide.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2797 on: October 10, 2019, 08:22:19 pm »
Don't know any of their songs but I always thought of them as an all female band, shows what I know (not very much, obviously).

I was writing down some rules, they're not really set in stone so whoever runs the thing can ultimately decide.

It’s 1 girl and a couple of guys. Pity they’re an awesome band. You should give them a listen

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2798 on: October 10, 2019, 08:56:08 pm »
Any songs you'd recommend?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2799 on: October 10, 2019, 09:23:25 pm »
Any songs you'd recommend?

Cities of Dust, Dear Prudence, Passanger, Peek-a-boo