Author Topic: Membership suspended. PLEASE HELP  (Read 61430 times)

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Membership suspended. PLEASE HELP
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2019, 12:33:08 pm »
See Tony barrett replied on twitter saying go to the osbusman. to be honest tho we haven't seen what the club have said in full over this.

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2019, 01:06:16 pm »
See Tony barrett replied on twitter saying go to the osbusman. to be honest tho we haven't seen what the club have said in full over this.

Exactly a mate of mine recently needed paper tickets and cos one of the cards is a child card he was interrogated by the ticket office as you why a child card has an adult ticket

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2019, 01:20:06 pm »

Ombudsman?! What ombudsman would that be and why on earth would the club want to go to a third party without trying to resolve it first?

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2019, 01:23:02 pm »
Ombudsman?! What ombudsman would that be and why on earth would the club want to go to a third party without trying to resolve it first?
From twitter..... Stand up to what? There’s a process with an appeal which can then be taken to the independent football ombudsman. No one, especially a club employee, should interfere in that. If the club is wrong the ombudsman will say so and any unfair decisions will be overturned.

Take your case here Francis:
https://t.co/vc7e84lXou

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2019, 01:25:59 pm »
From twitter..... Stand up to what? There’s a process with an appeal which can then be taken to the independent football ombudsman. No one, especially a club employee, should interfere in that. If the club is wrong the ombudsman will say so and any unfair decisions will be overturned.

Take your case here Francis:
https://t.co/vc7e84lXou

If they act like any other ombudsman they will first ask has every attempt been made to resolve it between the two parties.

Good there is an independent third party to go to. My worry here is can they hide behind T’s and C’s and Fuck over a loyal fan whilst showing no common sense?!

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2019, 01:29:58 pm »
If he really wants to fight the outcome he will need to seek legal advice. Ultimately the decision as it stands bans him from holding memberships in his name and all this credits being lost. Nothing stops him attending games however. I remember speaking to a guy last season when we were both under investigation, he said initially the club kept referring him to the lfc legal team, eventually he got his season tickets back but lost all away credits. His situation was he’s away ticket was given to a friend which was then sold to a tout.The tout then sold it to a uncover lfc employee. Another person I know lost his seas9n ticket 2 seasons ago cos it was found on an unauthorised ticket seller

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2019, 01:33:37 pm »
Tony - i am no expert here (others may be) but i think this hinges on the clubs T's&C's saying you need their consent to allow someone else to use the ticket.

Now for one thing you contacted them in the first place but i think you can claim the club implied consent looking at this legal definition

https://legaldictionary.net/implied-consent/

By the actions they took issuing the ticket to your mate at the ticket office window, they have for me, implied their consent to the ticket transfer and therefore i think you have a case.

If the club truely didnt give consent then they had the option at the time your mate was at the window to refuse the paper ticket and send him away and the carry out the actions that they have

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2019, 01:35:54 pm »
If he really wants to fight the outcome he will need to seek legal advice. Ultimately the decision as it stands bans him from holding memberships in his name and all this credits being lost. Nothing stops him attending games however. I remember speaking to a guy last season when we were both under investigation, he said initially the club kept referring him to the lfc legal team, eventually he got his season tickets back but lost all away credits. His situation was he’s away ticket was given to a friend which was then sold to a tout.The tout then sold it to a uncover lfc employee. Another person I know lost his seas9n ticket 2 seasons ago cos it was found on an unauthorised ticket seller

its more than attending the game though. this clearly isnt a banning order however, Tony has acted properly here from what we know. He contacted the club in advance etc.

It takes years to build up credits on a membership and the club are acting incorrectly in this case for me

The whole episode does beg the question re the ticket exchange. are people going to risk their memberships when cases like this occur or we going to have to start emailing the ticket office and getting a written reply before we let someone use our tickets at face value or less

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2019, 01:41:21 pm »
its more than attending the game though. this clearly isnt a banning order however, Tony has acted properly here from what we know. He contacted the club in advance etc.

It takes years to build up credits on a membership and the club are acting incorrectly in this case for me

The whole episode does beg the question re the ticket exchange. are people going to risk their memberships when cases like this occur or we going to have to start emailing the ticket office and getting a written reply before we let someone use our tickets at face value or less

It wouldn’t surprise me that this is the actual situation, Tony’s mate got a paper ticket, the letter etc that authorisation was given wasn’t noted  on this account.  The club think Tony was the one that got the paper ticket and sold it on. The fact the mate hasn’t contacted the club suggests to them it’s a radom person from Malta.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2019, 01:44:27 pm »
Why do the club think the ticket was sold on though?

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2019, 01:45:33 pm »

Exactly what I've started doing if I've given my card to a mate. Emailing the club in advance, telling them the name of the person who's using it and that it was sold for face value. They reply saying "ok,we've put X name against your seat for this game". All good.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2019, 01:48:20 pm »
Exactly what I've started doing if I've given my card to a mate. Emailing the club in advance, telling them the name of the person who's using it and that it was sold for face value. They reply saying "ok,we've put X name against your seat for this game". All good.

interesting

what email address have you used and how long before do you email? whats the turnaround like on replying?

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2019, 01:55:01 pm »
Why do the club think the ticket was sold on though?

They have probably linked him to a tout or taken one look at the mate being from Malta and thought tout

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2019, 02:36:40 pm »
Regarding members cards they have u be used by you, so why the club doesn’t operate a Man Utd style policy.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2019, 02:45:28 pm »
I think the problem with this is that his 'mate' is from Malta. I'm sorry, it shouldn't be a red-herring, but that just screams 'touting'.

Just playing devils advocate, the club will look at the fact that 'you had to drop out at short notice because of work' but somehow your mate from Malta was in the area and wanted to go the game however you didn't know him well enough / have enough time to just pass him the cards? You can see how it can look can't you? 

Your letter also has a few holes in it - in the first paragraph you said that when you were called into work you rang a few friends and also searched on an online LFC forum to find someone who could take advantage of the tickets, yet in the 2nd paragraph you said that your first thought was for your friend who had said a couple of days earlier that him and his mate wanted to go to the game and therefore you contacted him and he took them. It's very contradictory.

I do think the club are wrong to suspend your membership and I'd be livid if it was me, but there's no chance i'd be emailing the club for a duplicate on the game to be picked up from someone that's not UK based. It shouldn't matter, but that's the red-herring and that is why you're in this situation. It does look like you've followed all of the steps required to get a duplicate and that is the thing that I believe should save your membership.

I hope you get it sorted soon mate
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2019, 02:46:56 pm »
Regarding members cards they have u be used by you, so why the club doesn’t operate a Man Utd style policy.

What do they do mate?
YNWA.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2019, 02:50:27 pm »
I think the problem with this is that his 'mate' is from Malta. I'm sorry, it shouldn't be a red-herring, but that just screams 'touting'.

Just playing devils advocate, the club will look at the fact that 'you had to drop out at short notice because of work' but somehow your mate from Malta was in the area and wanted to go the game however you didn't know him well enough / have enough time to just pass him the cards? You can see how it can look can't you? 

Your letter also has a few holes in it - in the first paragraph you said that when you were called into work you rang a few friends and also searched on an online LFC forum to find someone who could take advantage of the tickets, yet in the 2nd paragraph you said that your first thought was for your friend who had said a couple of days earlier that him and his mate wanted to go to the game and therefore you contacted him and he took them. It's very contradictory.

I do think the club are wrong to suspend your membership and I'd be livid if it was me, but there's no chance i'd be emailing the club for a duplicate on the game to be picked up from someone that's not UK based. It shouldn't matter, but that's the red-herring and that is why you're in this situation. It does look like you've followed all of the steps required to get a duplicate and that is the thing that I believe should save your membership.

I hope you get it sorted soon mate

Exactly mate, I totally agree. All he had to do was say I gave to my mate, as I couldn’t attend, as I am aware members cards are non transferable I authorised a duplicate to be picked up from the ticket office . Here’s a copy of the letter and contact details of person that used the ticket pls feel free to contact him

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2019, 02:54:17 pm »
What do they do mate?
For season tickets they can be used by a friend for free , I think I saw for memberships they can be transferred to a linked membership I may be wrong however .

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2019, 02:55:41 pm »

No he doesn't say that - there is no contradiction there. He says that after trying to contact the Ticket Office he looked on the forums and spoke to friends to see if it was possible to transfer a ticket. When he found out you could do so, he then contacted his friend.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2019, 03:01:27 pm »
He says he contacted the club and lines were busy he should of showed evidence of it or at least or said evidence can be provided on request

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2019, 03:04:02 pm »
interesting

what email address have you used and how long before do you email? whats the turnaround like on replying?

https://help.liverpoolfc.com/app/ask/session/L3RpbWUvMTU0NzEyOTIwMC9zaWQvbVkzdGl1NG8%3D

They usually reply next day

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2019, 03:04:28 pm »

Yep, I did this recently but over the phone. The woman at the TO on the day was still apparently confused by it but all was OK and a paper ticket was issued. I even got an email from the club when the £10 payment was taken. I also gave the person using my ticket a letter giving my written consent.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2019, 03:06:35 pm »

Exactly mate, I totally agree. All he had to do was say I gave to my mate, as I couldn’t attend, as I am aware members cards are non transferable I authorised a duplicate to be picked up from the ticket office . Here’s a copy of the letter and contact details of person that used the ticket pls feel free to contact him

He did give a letter though by all accounts?

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2019, 03:12:20 pm »
He did give a letter though by all accounts?

The club don’t have a record of the authority letter he gave

Offline Rome 84

• Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2019, 03:18:16 pm »
I'm more than happy to answer this because it is a general question about the club's processes rather than a specific one relating to a particular case.
There is a process in place for sanctions procedures. It is not yet the finished article as there are a number of suggestions and possible amendments that have been put forward by SOS, the FSF, the independent football ombudsman and supporters on the club's forum.
The old process was not fit for purpose so the club agreed to work with supporters to make it better and the input from SOS, the FSF etc has been invaluable.
The football ombudsman is a vital part of the process that is in place because he is totally independent and if a supporter feels he/she has been treated unfairly by the club they can take their issue to them. It would be up to the ombudsman to rule whether the club has or hasn't acted fairly and has or hasn't followed its own procedures.
I've cut and pasted the relevant passage from the most recent fans forum on this topic which you can see below.
As for any individual cases, I have no knowledge of them as I have no involvement in them. All I can comment on is the actual procedures that are in place because I am involved in the work that has taken place between the club and supporters that is aimed at making them as fair as possible.

Supporter Charter
A review of the Supporter Charter, which was prompted by a number of incidents in which fans had been ejected from the stadium last season, is being headed by chief operating officer Andy Hughes who presented forum members with an overview of the work that has been done to date.
“We knew we had some issues with the process and as a result we have been working over the summer to make the improvements we feel are necessary to make it fit for purpose,” he said. “This has included consulting with James McKenna from Spirit Shankly whose input has been really helpful and we have also sought guidance from the Independent Football Ombudsman who, again, has provided us with assistance.
“As a result of this we have been able to produce a first draft of what will eventually become the new Supporter Charter but I can also report that we have already enacted a couple of changes simply because it was clearly the right thing to do.
“Firstly, we have moved away from suspensions pending investigations. Now, there is a clear process which involves an investigation being conducted and the outcome of that investigation being put before a panel before any sanctions are triggered.
“The second step would then follow if required, affording the supporter access to an appeals process with an appeal, if desired, being heard by different staff. If the supporter still is not satisfied after those two steps, a third is then made available in the form of an appeal to the Independent Football Ombudsman.
“As I said, these improvements have already been implemented because it made absolute sense to do so rather than persevering with the process which was previously in place but changes can still be made subject to consultation.”
Club senior solicitor Neil Morgan then explained some of the background behind the proposals. “At the heart of what we are doing is a determination to allow people to put their case forward before we start applying any sanctions,” he said.
“I have met with the Independent Football Ombudsman on a couple of occasions and he has asked us to make it clear in the process that supporters also have the right to appeal to him and we are, of course, more than happy to do so.”
Forum member Goronwy Brooks was then given the opportunity to present any concerns held by Spirit Of Shankly (SOS), the supporters’ trust. Referring specifically to sanctions relating to misuse of tickets, he said: “There is a clear need for the club to promote its own ticket transfer system more in order to allow supporters the chance to transfer tickets without risk.
“It would also be fairer if, rather than punishing a supporter who has made a single honest mistake with regards to tickets, the club focused instead on repeat offenders. There needs to be a way of differentiating between the two.”
Andy Hughes responded: “Without going into too much detail because it wouldn’t be right or fair to refer to individual cases, what I can say is that there has been a significant drop in negative feedback since we switched to the new way of working. It does seem to have had a big impact but I certainly take on board the points Goronwy has made.”
Forum member Frank Chart then asked if it was possible for a supporter to appeal both the decision and the sanction with Neil Morgan confirming that would be possible in both cases. He also asked if the club would be willing to add an independent party to the appeals panel. “We have discussed that possibility internally and it is somewhere we would like to get to,” Neil Morgan confirmed.
Forum member Jayne Page said: “I’ve noticed that supporters are given 14 days to appeal and I can’t help thinking that in some cases this won’t be sufficient. If you are on holiday for two weeks it would definitely be a problem, so can the 14 days be extended if necessary?”
Neil Morgan responded: “The correspondence will be in the form of both letter and email so if someone is on holiday they can certainly email us to ask for a delay and we will look to be reasonable in all such cases.”
Jayne Page added: “If the ombudsman asks for a case to be reconsidered, who at the club would do that? Would it not make sense for fresh eyes rather than having the same individuals involved who have already considered the case?” Andy Hughes replied: “I would agree. That is a good suggestion and it would make sense to go down this route.”

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2019, 03:18:49 pm »
The club don’t have a record of the authority letter he gave

Exactly - all the club have seen is 2 lads from Malta pick up a pair of duplicates - there's no email to the club or phone records proving that attempts were made to contact the club and there doesn't seem to be any reply from Tony's mates from Malta to back him up. 
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2019, 03:30:24 pm »
Exactly - all the club have seen is 2 lads from Malta pick up a pair of duplicates - there's no email to the club or phone records proving that attempts were made to contact the club and there doesn't seem to be any reply from Tony's mates from Malta to back him up.

Now his only recourse is the ombudsman. If the club had got evidence of what he said he did, he would of got the cards back.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2019, 03:35:00 pm »
Wouldn't be difficult at all. Circles you wouldn't want to get involved with
hopefully it will be one of many things added to their rap sheets when their time comes, then again if the people doing this are getting bullets in the post then that’s a serious problem for the club if they can get hold of who is looking into it
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 03:36:48 pm by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2019, 03:38:50 pm »
hopefully it will be one of many things added to their rap sheets when their time comes, then again if the people doing this are getting bullets in the post then that’s a serious problem for the club if they can get hold of who is looking into it

All ex police so used to it

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2019, 03:51:09 pm »
All ex police so used to it
was more thinking how they got to know who was looking into it

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2019, 03:56:58 pm »
was more thinking how they got to know who was looking into it

They are well known cos they work most match days

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2019, 04:08:10 pm »
He says he contacted the club and lines were busy he should of showed evidence of it or at least or said evidence can be provided on request

I had to contact the club twice on that Sunday morning regarding a ticket issue once when they opened at 10.15 and again at 13.00 got thru straight away without any issues. We haven't seen what the club have actually said in writing to Tony over the issue only seen the letter he's sent them.

Online jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2019, 04:31:41 pm »
I had to contact the club twice on that Sunday morning regarding a ticket issue once when they opened at 10.15 and again at 13.00 got thru straight away without any issues. We haven't seen what the club have actually said in writing to Tony over the issue only seen the letter he's sent them.

I also telephoned the club on that particular match day at 11am and also got straight thru with no wait...why would you email the club on the match day when the likelihood is the email in question would be viewed at a timeframe beyond the match taking place?

Do football clubs accept Letters of Authorisation for collection on the day without prior notice? Why would they? Anyone can type one up surely

The Maltese bloke has stuck him in it....
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2019, 04:37:21 pm »
I also telephoned the club on that particular match day at 11am and also got straight thru with no wait...why would you email the club on the match day when the likelihood is the email in question would be viewed at a timeframe beyond the match taking place?

Do football clubs accept Letters of Authorisation for collection on the day without prior notice? Why would they? Anyone can type one up surely

The Maltese bloke has stuck him in it....

From how I read the letter the club wasn't emailed he sent a email to the Maltese lad a letter of authorisation to show at the ticket office

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2019, 04:40:51 pm »
As they issued the tickets though, surely that it the club giving their consent.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2019, 04:46:12 pm »
Snip

Cheers Tony for replying. Appreciate its not you area specifically but the content there was interesting and something i had forgotten since reading it originally.

It is is great to know you review RAWK as well as other forums i'm sure as it does show comments and feedback are at least seen by someone at the club.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2019, 04:47:10 pm »
As they issued the tickets though, surely that it the club giving their consent.

thats the bit for me thats interesting. As posted above i read that as implied consent. Had they refused the tickets to the fella at the window then i think the whole case looks different

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2019, 04:48:04 pm »
Having spoken to a few ppl it’s transpires that unless the club have prior record of you ringing or emailing before the game and you turn you may get in but ticket holder is fkd.  I’ve seen a letter saying someone’s ticket was passed with no record on club system

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2019, 04:57:13 pm »
I'm more than happy to answer this because it is a general question about the club's processes rather than a specific one relating to a particular case.
There is a process in place for sanctions procedures. It is not yet the finished article as there are a number of suggestions and possible amendments that have been put forward by SOS, the FSF, the independent football ombudsman and supporters on the club's forum.
The old process was not fit for purpose so the club agreed to work with supporters to make it better and the input from SOS, the FSF etc has been invaluable.
The football ombudsman is a vital part of the process that is in place because he is totally independent and if a supporter feels he/she has been treated unfairly by the club they can take their issue to them. It would be up to the ombudsman to rule whether the club has or hasn't acted fairly and has or hasn't followed its own procedures.
I've cut and pasted the relevant passage from the most recent fans forum on this topic which you can see below.
As for any individual cases, I have no knowledge of them as I have no involvement in them. All I can comment on is the actual procedures that are in place because I am involved in the work that has taken place between the club and supporters that is aimed at making them as fair as possible.

Supporter Charter
A review of the Supporter Charter, which was prompted by a number of incidents in which fans had been ejected from the stadium last season, is being headed by chief operating officer Andy Hughes who presented forum members with an overview of the work that has been done to date.
“We knew we had some issues with the process and as a result we have been working over the summer to make the improvements we feel are necessary to make it fit for purpose,” he said. “This has included consulting with James McKenna from Spirit Shankly whose input has been really helpful and we have also sought guidance from the Independent Football Ombudsman who, again, has provided us with assistance.
“As a result of this we have been able to produce a first draft of what will eventually become the new Supporter Charter but I can also report that we have already enacted a couple of changes simply because it was clearly the right thing to do.
“Firstly, we have moved away from suspensions pending investigations. Now, there is a clear process which involves an investigation being conducted and the outcome of that investigation being put before a panel before any sanctions are triggered.
“The second step would then follow if required, affording the supporter access to an appeals process with an appeal, if desired, being heard by different staff. If the supporter still is not satisfied after those two steps, a third is then made available in the form of an appeal to the Independent Football Ombudsman.
“As I said, these improvements have already been implemented because it made absolute sense to do so rather than persevering with the process which was previously in place but changes can still be made subject to consultation.”
Club senior solicitor Neil Morgan then explained some of the background behind the proposals. “At the heart of what we are doing is a determination to allow people to put their case forward before we start applying any sanctions,” he said.
“I have met with the Independent Football Ombudsman on a couple of occasions and he has asked us to make it clear in the process that supporters also have the right to appeal to him and we are, of course, more than happy to do so.”
Forum member Goronwy Brooks was then given the opportunity to present any concerns held by Spirit Of Shankly (SOS), the supporters’ trust. Referring specifically to sanctions relating to misuse of tickets, he said: “There is a clear need for the club to promote its own ticket transfer system more in order to allow supporters the chance to transfer tickets without risk.
“It would also be fairer if, rather than punishing a supporter who has made a single honest mistake with regards to tickets, the club focused instead on repeat offenders. There needs to be a way of differentiating between the two.”
Andy Hughes responded: “Without going into too much detail because it wouldn’t be right or fair to refer to individual cases, what I can say is that there has been a significant drop in negative feedback since we switched to the new way of working. It does seem to have had a big impact but I certainly take on board the points Goronwy has made.”
Forum member Frank Chart then asked if it was possible for a supporter to appeal both the decision and the sanction with Neil Morgan confirming that would be possible in both cases. He also asked if the club would be willing to add an independent party to the appeals panel. “We have discussed that possibility internally and it is somewhere we would like to get to,” Neil Morgan confirmed.
Forum member Jayne Page said: “I’ve noticed that supporters are given 14 days to appeal and I can’t help thinking that in some cases this won’t be sufficient. If you are on holiday for two weeks it would definitely be a problem, so can the 14 days be extended if necessary?”
Neil Morgan responded: “The correspondence will be in the form of both letter and email so if someone is on holiday they can certainly email us to ask for a delay and we will look to be reasonable in all such cases.”
Jayne Page added: “If the ombudsman asks for a case to be reconsidered, who at the club would do that? Would it not make sense for fresh eyes rather than having the same individuals involved who have already considered the case?” Andy Hughes replied: “I would agree. That is a good suggestion and it would make sense to go down this route.”

So according to this, he has the right of appeal before having to go to the Ombudsman?

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2019, 04:57:14 pm »
Having just checked my own letter about my hospo from last season, it actually asks for details of who used the tickets, there contact details and how they got the tickets