Author Topic: Spurs 4 v Liverpool 1 (Kane 3' Son 12' Salah 24' Ali 45+2’ Kane 55')  (Read 118920 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs 4 v Liverpool 1 (Kane 3' Son 12' Salah 24' Ali 45+2’ Kane 55')
« Reply #360 on: October 22, 2017, 06:05:06 pm »
They are still a much better side than us.

It seems that some on here never want to admit that and just want to blame ourselves 100% for the defeat.

Offline rkgriffin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #361 on: October 22, 2017, 06:05:11 pm »
I just wish we could say “that was a good goal start to finish” for an opponent’s goal. I know most goals come from some sort of error even when we score. But fuck me, it seems every goal we concede it is a major fuck up from someone.

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: October 22, 2017, 06:05:12 pm »
Yuck. Hope to see Karius/Ward, Gomez and Ox for the foreseeable future. Matip really needs to step up his game too. 

Absolutely weird game though. Spurs are obviously a great team, but every single one of their goals was a gift.

Pieces are there for us to succeed, but Klopp needs to make some decisions to get rid of those who have let us down too long.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #363 on: October 22, 2017, 06:05:14 pm »
Yup. If he can't get a chance now then where are the competition for places Klopp speaks of.

That's all well and dandy. It maybe that he needs to. But what happens if he too makes mistakes, does he get slaughtered as well? We certainly need to try something different though.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: October 22, 2017, 06:05:18 pm »
I love Klopp but let's be honest, the elephant in the room is Rafa with how good he is doing with Newcastle.

Maybe in your room. The rest of us have moved on.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #365 on: October 22, 2017, 06:05:19 pm »
Window by window Jurgen replaces a percentage of this team. Not a lot has changed, he always needed a spine its just that he'll have realised he needn't be so patient.
Yeah, needs to change more players faster.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: October 22, 2017, 06:05:26 pm »
We are not that far from RAWK threads on if we would prefer to qualify for the Europa through the league or finish low enough in the table we can avoid Europe.
If Klopp ends up losing his job at some point, it will be because he wasn't ruthless (Sakho aside) and was content to buy prospects and journeymen and persist with players who have form for simply not being up to the level required and got the last 'I improve them on the training pitch not the transfer market' manager fired.
Klopp is a top manager but his inability to trade up the core of the squad, this far into his reign, whoever said fault that actual is, is going to just continue to heap pressure on him, and if he thinks this squad will find the fortitude to dig themselves out to thank him for their faith, well he is in for a disappointment.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #367 on: October 22, 2017, 06:05:30 pm »
Moreno ?

His name is in that lis is it not, incredible thats all you took from that post btw.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #368 on: October 22, 2017, 06:05:32 pm »
Battered by a great side with a great coach. They're brilliantly run club. Spurs should be the blueprint for where we want to be, but obviously go one step further and win things. We're miles off them, their success is built on a strong defence and of course a world class striker with skill and strenght in between. We all saw what our defence is like today, we shot ourselves in the foot time and time again gave ourselves no chance.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #369 on: October 22, 2017, 06:05:35 pm »
Absolutely staggering decision not to improve the keeper and centre back positions in the summer. Still stunned by Klopp's admission we passed on Davison Sanchez, how can he not be considered an upgrade on Lovren?

Indeed , there will be serious questions asked about Klopp and rightly so.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #370 on: October 22, 2017, 06:05:43 pm »
To each their own.  I'd rather have someone banging in goals for fun than not

Was sarcasm. Plenty of our fans seem to believe that. They need their heads examining.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: October 22, 2017, 06:05:48 pm »
They just showed the stats on Skysports and we had more than them in every department but it means fuck all when you give them 4 goals yes FOUR fucking goals. The Spurs fanfare will go on but did they have to even play out of their skin to beat us? Fucks sake
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: October 22, 2017, 06:06:04 pm »
Oh so you're happy, fair enough it must be great in your World.

Where did he say that?

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #373 on: October 22, 2017, 06:06:09 pm »
What fucking ever man, what fucking ever.
I'll give everyone a chance, second chance, third chance - after that it's Everton level masochism for which I have no time in my life. This manager and team has made their bed - against all advice, against reason and sanity itself they have decided to bluff with a thin, pathetic hand and are now getting fucked up the ass by proper teams. So let them bluff some more - I have no time for it.

Is right. We got too cocky about the quality of our players, not signing any cb's and gk will haunt this team all season.
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #374 on: October 22, 2017, 06:06:21 pm »
I love Klopp but let's be honest, the elephant in the room is Rafa with how good he is doing with Newcastle.

He isn't coming back so back the present manager.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: October 22, 2017, 06:06:32 pm »
Awful

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: October 22, 2017, 06:06:35 pm »
Battered by a great side with a great coach. They're brilliantly run club. Spurs should be the blueprint for where we want to be, but obviously go one step further and win things. We're miles off them, their success is built on a strong defence and of course a world class striker with skill and strenght in between. We all saw what our defence is like today, we shot ourselves in the foot time and time again gave ourselves no chance.

To be fair, they were fucking average and we gifted them 4 goals

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #377 on: October 22, 2017, 06:06:39 pm »
Get a life
Jesus Barney i was just trying to humorous
Kenny Godglish

Offline krizzobizzle

• Mr Fun at a party near you soon!
  • Kopite
« Reply #378 on: October 22, 2017, 06:06:39 pm »
Do people still rate Emre Can around here? He's diabolical.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #379 on: October 22, 2017, 06:06:56 pm »
Rather have Firmino than Harry Kane.

Really? Wow Im shocked.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #380 on: October 22, 2017, 06:06:58 pm »
What fucking ever man, what fucking ever.
I'll give everyone a chance, second chance, third chance - after that it's Everton level masochism for which I have no time in my life. This manager and team has made their bed - against all advice, against reason and sanity itself they have decided to bluff with a thin, pathetic hand and are now getting fucked up the ass by proper teams. So let them bluff some more - I have no time for it.

So fuck off and moan to someone who wants to hear it. We all hurt after that performance but you, well I never would, say that's it I'm done with this club. If that's the way you think then L'pool FC is better off without you. Support the team no matter what. It's your Team YNWA

Offline epsomred

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • half man half biscan. OOT and proud of it.
« Reply #381 on: October 22, 2017, 06:06:58 pm »
I had hope at 2.1 but the 3rd goal at such a crucial time was the end. Will be amazed if we see Lovren start next week. Can't remember the last time we made such an early substitute for a player who wasn't injured. Think klopp has painted himself into a corner by trying to defend certain players. Unless he faces up to the fact that our defence is not good enough they will cost him his job.
Believe in yourselves and we can do this.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: October 22, 2017, 06:06:59 pm »
They didnt have to do anything. We gifted them all the goals.

Just not true. They were aggressive and first to everything in that first 20mins, the incisiveness after winning the ball back was brilliant. It was like watching us play when we were good last season. Just utterly ruthless.

I’m sat there wondering where the fuck our pressing game has gone this last 6 months. Today they toyed with us to be fair. They’re a fair better unit than we are. At times we were probably better than them last season, but they’re a far more consistent team and have been for years. It’s why they routinely finish above us these days.

We’ve had a couple of years of Klopp now and things seem to have regressed vs the rest of the league. I cant wait for Lallana to come back - it’s the most important thing that will happen this season, as it gets Can out the team (he’s a shite midfielder for us), and we can get our best leader of the press back on the pitch. Mane to come back too of course. If we’d have had those 2 on the pitch at least we’d have had a shot what with the shite we have in defence/between the goal.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: October 22, 2017, 06:07:00 pm »
Us and arsenal are in a battle for 5th. We should have been going to title this season.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: October 22, 2017, 06:07:04 pm »
It seems that some on here never want to admit that and just want to blame ourselves 100% for the defeat.
This is true, but what's frustrating is that it's Spurs. Not City or Utd or some other club that has just outspent us. They've bought well and have a team that just works.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #385 on: October 22, 2017, 06:07:15 pm »
Lovren was beyond dreadful. Players make mistakes, but the first one, was poor position, poor justment, caught stationary. Just awful. Then to compound it with a dive in at the halfway line, was beyond dreadful. He is referred to as a front foot defender, but I think he dives in to often at the wrong time.

I wonder if Klopp has had enough of him?

Lot of hard thinking for Klopp ahead of the next game.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #386 on: October 22, 2017, 06:07:19 pm »
How long is Klopp gonna put up with repeated errors from mediocre players. Lovren and Mignolet, they havent suddenly become shite overnight, they've been shite for a long time, but our managers faith in them is now costing us time and time again.

Honestly gutted.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #387 on: October 22, 2017, 06:07:31 pm »
Only Palace, Everton, West Ham, Stoke and Watford have conceded more than us.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: October 22, 2017, 06:07:34 pm »

It was 100% our fault. Look at the fucking goals we conceded. What exactly did they do to really score those?

Offline Yanwoo

• Internet. Serious business.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #389 on: October 22, 2017, 06:07:41 pm »
Is it a good time to ask for patience?

Asking for a friend.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: October 22, 2017, 06:07:51 pm »
I honestly thought Klopp was the ruthless type of manager that would shift any deadwood in an instance once he had took us over.

Nothings changed in the defence since he came here 3 years ago.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #391 on: October 22, 2017, 06:07:54 pm »
Rather have Firmino than Harry Kane.
Yeah where would we be without the Maribor slayer.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: October 22, 2017, 06:07:57 pm »
Was Klopp this stubborn at Dortmund?
Nope.

He had one of the best DoF's around in Michael Zorc.

Still baffled why FSG never got him as well so they can create that Dortmund success.

GK CB DM  CF all need replacing if we really have ambitions to get back to where we were.

Our spine is god damn awful.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: October 22, 2017, 06:08:01 pm »
Are the players absolved of any guilt for some reason?

Lovren and Mignolet have never been good enough, so why are they still playing? Its neither the fault of Lovren or Mignolet that they arent good enough. They are what they are.  Which isnt good enough. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: October 22, 2017, 06:08:11 pm »
Us and arsenal are in a battle for 5th. We should have been going to title this season.

So who do you think will get top four above us? Spurs, Chelsea and City on current form are likely, but Arsenal and United aren't much/any better than us.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #395 on: October 22, 2017, 06:08:12 pm »
You're not wrong, Sarge.

I know and thats what is killing me.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: October 22, 2017, 06:08:13 pm »
A few have pointed it out and it's something I've said a few times, Spurs are a fantastic Side who have improved each season under Pochittino. Someone here on RAWK claimed they hadn't yesterday due to the Wembley record....put that to bed didn't they. We have shown signs of improvement but we seem to have taken another step back this season, CL was always going to hinder us but that isn't an excuse for today.

They are proof that you can compete at the top without huge net spends and I'm sick of the excuses I hear as to why it's so difficult for little old us.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: October 22, 2017, 06:08:17 pm »
serious dip in league form, confidence getting low and now letting in goals for fuckin fun.

i know we are prone to a bad game now and then but this is starting to look bleak. bury your heads in the sand optimists but this shit is looking real soft shit.

still the greatest club on earth tho :)
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #398 on: October 22, 2017, 06:08:26 pm »
Henderson as DM just isn't working is it? Let's all be honest now! Henderson at DM is just a joke

Somebody actually criticized me on here the other day for saying that Kante was a better DM than Henderson. Heads buried in sand and all that.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: October 22, 2017, 06:08:27 pm »
That was depressingly bad.

Emre Can clearly doesn't care about the club at this point. To see him jogging as Spurs sprinted towards our goal, or trot along two steps with the ball before laying it back, time and time again, was a disgrace.

Lovren - what more can be said? He just cracks, and when he does, it's disastrous.

Simon Mignolet - nice guy. Not even close to good enough for an ambitious team. Not his fault: he simply is not ever going to cut it.

Henderson - was on the pitch? When I did see him, he looked terrified.

We have so much to do to get close to being a contender. We've added one player, in Salah, who raises our game. One. After promises of the best ever transfer window? I didn't think we'd be this far short, I must admit, but half our team has stood still or regressed and we simply have not brought in enough quality, that is painfully clear now.

Upsides: Moreno is now probably our best defender (!!). Oxlade-Chamberlain looked like he meant business. That's about it.