Poll

Just curious about the impact Covid-19 is having

I work in the UK and normally work from home
30 (17.8%)
I work in the UK and don't normally work from home but have started  to \ expect to by April
80 (47.3%)
I work in the UK and working from home isn't an option
33 (19.5%)
I live but don't work in the UK
0 (0%)
I don't live in the UK
26 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 169

Voting closed: March 23, 2020, 02:56:14 pm

Author Topic: Working From Home  (Read 162636 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Working From Home
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2020, 07:08:15 pm »
As I posted on the other Corona virus thread, I’m saving £400 a month in nursery fees for my daughter, about £250 in not going to the pub, say £100 on not going out with the Mrs for a Nando’s etc, £100 by smoking less, probably about £100 on lunch, £20 on the gym. That’s the best part of a grand a month saved.

Yeah we're going to make a pretty big saving with not eating / drinking out. Although imagine we may get the odd extra delivery now.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2020, 07:12:10 pm »
Bloody hell mate!

Yeah, not going out for lunch at the weekend is adding up.

It’s also quite handy because my Mrs has just gone into the last 3 months of maternity leave and isn’t getting any money now, plus she’s at home to look after my daughter while the nursery is shut.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2020, 07:19:20 pm »
It’s also quite handy because my Mrs has just gone into the last 3 months of maternity leave and isn’t getting any money now, plus she’s at home to look after my daughter while the nursery is shut.
Bloody hell.... maternity leave.. what a time for it... 

Maybe it’s actually a great time for it!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: March 24, 2020, 08:25:04 pm »
I’m not really spending anything.
Right now I’m actually saving quite a bit.  It’s stopped my wife too!

You stop getting a drink on the way to and from work and it all adds up doesn’t it.

Yeah, that’s why I bought the treadmill, I haven’t been to the pub much this month, and my bank balance was healthier than usual before payday.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: March 24, 2020, 08:34:12 pm »
bought a treadmill and a crosstrainer yesterday, just had an email to say they are out of stock and not likely to be replaced for the forseeable future, so the order is cancelled!  :no :no :no

I was worried about that, but it’s been dispatched. Had a feeling there would be a surge if we went into “lockdown” and ordered the other day.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: March 24, 2020, 09:09:54 pm »
As I posted on the other Corona virus thread, I’m saving £400 a month in nursery fees for my daughter, about £250 in not going to the pub, say £100 on not going out with the Mrs for a Nando’s etc, £100 by smoking less, probably about £100 on lunch, £20 on the gym. That’s the best part of a grand a month saved.

Wow, 57 pence a day for me with my sandwich food coming from Aldi.  ;D
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: March 24, 2020, 09:35:47 pm »
Wow, 57 pence a day for me with my sandwich food coming from Aldi.  ;D

I work in a very isolated location (luckily there’s a small Tesco’s on the ground floor of my office) and have dietary requirements (no Gluten) so am quite restricted in what I can eat, so average lunch is about £4 to be honest but will treat myself on a Friday to something decent like a Wagamamas or Byrons.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: March 24, 2020, 09:37:31 pm »
Bloody hell.... maternity leave.. what a time for it... 

Maybe it’s actually a great time for it!

It’s worked out well as she can spend time with my daughter while her nursery is shut, and she makes me lunch while I’m working from home :D
Thinking is overrated.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #168 on: March 26, 2020, 10:57:05 am »
I work in a very isolated location (luckily there’s a small Tesco’s on the ground floor of my office) and have dietary requirements (no Gluten) so am quite restricted in what I can eat, so average lunch is about £4 to be honest but will treat myself on a Friday to something decent like a Wagamamas or Byrons.
Or you can nip to the garage/fortunum and masons?

I'm trying to move us from teams to zoom for video chat. Just discovered virtual backgrounds and snap camera. Now for my next morning conference call should I be be at Anfield or a Vegas pool party?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: March 26, 2020, 03:35:38 pm »

I'm trying to move us from teams to zoom for video chat. Just discovered virtual backgrounds and snap camera. Now for my next morning conference call should I be be at Anfield or a Vegas pool party?

On our video meeting yesterday I asked one fella - are you in your Motorhome? He was, but sat on the driveway, as his 2 yr old grandson lives with them and wants to spend all day with Grandad so he's hiding out there. ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: March 26, 2020, 04:30:39 pm »
We’ve been working from home for the last week. Fair play to my employer - they have taken this seriously from the off and worked fast to ensure that we were all able to work from home with no disruption to the service. There were even people who couldn’t work from home because of their jobs being location-based and they have been furloughed on full pay.

The novelty has worn off quickly though. I am looking forward to being back in the office, because hopefully that will mean this nightmare is coming to an end.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: March 26, 2020, 07:17:18 pm »
We’ve been working from home for the last week. Fair play to my employer - they have taken this seriously from the off and worked fast to ensure that we were all able to work from home with no disruption to the service. There were even people who couldn’t work from home because of their jobs being location-based and they have been furloughed on full pay.

The novelty has worn off quickly though. I am looking forward to being back in the office, because hopefully that will mean this nightmare is coming to an end.

Not worn off for me, I'm home at 5.00pm :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: March 26, 2020, 07:18:31 pm »
Not worn off for me, I'm home at 5.00pm :P

That’s the best bit for me to be fair. My commute is usually an hour if I’m lucky so to just be able to leave one room and go into another is nice.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: March 26, 2020, 07:25:13 pm »
That’s the best bit for me to be fair. My commute is usually an hour if I’m lucky so to just be able to leave one room and go into another is nice.

Yeah. But have been at home since last Monday and it does feel like it's been a good few weeks. I'm alright at the moment though, don't know what it's going to be like in a month's time.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: March 26, 2020, 08:38:39 pm »
I've been working from home since Monday (teacher so in 1 day for a few hours supervising children still in school then working from home rest of the week)

I'd say first couple of days were fine, enjoyed a bit of extra time in bed in the morning and no commute is nice.

But today I think it hit me the reality that me and my girlfriend are going to basically do the exact same thing every day for weeks and months now. Get up, sit around doing work on our laptops. Go for a walk. Come home, watch tv until bed. Repeat. We're only going to have each other for company, 24/7 for a long time. It's quite mad when you stop and think. Obviously it has to be done but wonder how many couples are going to reach breaking point in a few weeks and months! Usually we get the balance right in our working weeks so we spend some nights together and some of the weekend but then she'll go and see mates or do charity work in the evenings or at weekends. Or she might go away some weekends to see her family etc and you enjoy a bit of your own time. But now there is no break whatsoever. There Is no time where she wont be in the flat when I am other than if she did a solo walk.

"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #175 on: March 26, 2020, 08:58:52 pm »
I've been working from home since Monday (teacher so in 1 day for a few hours supervising children still in school then working from home rest of the week)

I'd say first couple of days were fine, enjoyed a bit of extra time in bed in the morning and no commute is nice.

But today I think it hit me the reality that me and my girlfriend are going to basically do the exact same thing every day for weeks and months now. Get up, sit around doing work on our laptops. Go for a walk. Come home, watch tv until bed. Repeat. We're only going to have each other for company, 24/7 for a long time. It's quite mad when you stop and think. Obviously it has to be done but wonder how many couples are going to reach breaking point in a few weeks and months! Usually we get the balance right in our working weeks so we spend some nights together and some of the weekend but then she'll go and see mates or do charity work in the evenings or at weekends. Or she might go away some weekends to see her family etc and you enjoy a bit of your own time. But now there is no break whatsoever. There Is no time where she wont be in the flat when I am other than if she did a solo walk.

I’ve set my Alarm to play I got you Babe in the mornings.

;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: March 26, 2020, 09:14:52 pm »
Love working from home, no pressure and no stress. Plus, love not having to listen to idle chit-chat from my coworkers all day. It's getting me very lazy though and the pounds are just piling on.

My manager is strange though. Gets us all in on a call every morning which serves no purpose other than us telling her what we're going to do. Then in the afternoon we have another daily call, explaining what we've done that day. Feels like I'm back at school.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #177 on: March 26, 2020, 09:18:29 pm »
Yeah I've got the same thing, we have a call now every morning where my boss wants to know what everyone in the team is up to, something she never did when we were all in the office together.  Plus I'd rather not give her a full breakdown of what I've got on because half that time is on the Playstation.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: March 26, 2020, 09:47:26 pm »

The garage comes with its pitfalls, it’s still a petrol stations and everything is about twice the usual price!

We use Teams for fucking everything, but I refuse to use my company laptop and use my own PC instead and fortunately that doesn’t have a webcam as otherwise people would realise I don’t get out of what I went to sleep in until after I finish work!
Thinking is overrated.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: March 26, 2020, 09:54:57 pm »

Can definitely relate to that as I am working from home each day and the Mrs is on Maternity leave for another 3 months, we all need our space. Also not sure it’s having a positive influence on my 3 year old daughter, she’s got very used to having my wife at home since she’s been on maternity following our second, plus now I am at home too and she’s not going nursery and is getting very clingy and dependent again, and when everything goes back to normal I’m not sure how easy it will be for her to adjust to not having us both at home 24/7.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #180 on: March 26, 2020, 10:44:50 pm »

You’ll Never Wank Alone

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: March 26, 2020, 11:30:54 pm »

I’m finding it hard. I need the office to be focused and not distracted. Hoping I get used to it. I’ve done it before, but I’d take my laptop to a cafe or pub for a few hours if I was distracted at home, but that’s not happening now of course.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2020, 11:33:42 pm »
Yeah I've got the same thing, we have a call now every morning where my boss wants to know what everyone in the team is up to, something she never did when we were all in the office together.  Plus I'd rather not give her a full breakdown of what I've got on because half that time is on the Playstation.

Aye, I’m getting annoyed with the checking up dressed as making sure we’re ok. I’ve decided to work noon through evening as there’s fuck all else to do and the connection is better in the evening when other home workers have logged off.

When we were in the office, I could go two weeks without talking to a partner.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #183 on: March 27, 2020, 12:26:40 am »
Worked from home, pretty much, for over a decade and some of you lot are going crazy after 3 days  ;D

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #184 on: March 27, 2020, 12:33:26 am »
Worked from home, pretty much, for over a decade and some of you lot are going crazy after 3 days  ;D

Hence the near 48,000 posts ☺

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #185 on: March 27, 2020, 12:35:30 am »

The working from home bit is easy, it’s the family being with you at the same time that’s the hard part. :D

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: March 27, 2020, 12:38:13 am »

Well, you’re used to it. Haha.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #187 on: March 27, 2020, 12:38:52 am »

Sorry mate but being in prison doesn't count.  ;)

When are you up for parole ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #188 on: March 27, 2020, 12:40:34 am »
You’ll Never Wank Alone

Sock it to me...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: March 27, 2020, 08:22:27 am »

You'll struggle once we go back to work. Due to mental health issues my hours changed 2 years ago, I now do 6am (ish) to 9:30 at home - I will do between 1:30 and 2 hrs based on sorting the kids out, shower etc, then off to the office which I leave at 3, home by 3:15. There is no way I can go back to doing 9:30 to 6pm.

Love working from home, no pressure and no stress. Plus, love not having to listen to idle chit-chat from my coworkers all day. It's getting me very lazy though and the pounds are just piling on.

My manager is strange though. Gets us all in on a call every morning which serves no purpose other than us telling her what we're going to do. Then in the afternoon we have another daily call, explaining what we've done that day. Feels like I'm back at school.

We do this every morning in the office and have carried it on while at home. All I see it as is a waste of 30 minutes of my day.

The working from home bit is easy, it’s the family being with you at the same time that’s the hard part. :D

I'll be divorced by the time all this is over  :(
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline trav2591

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2020, 09:15:54 am »

Same thing is happening at my place. Weirdly and thankfully to some extend its making me busier than I would be if I was in the office as my manager who previously barely (never) asked how I was filling my days now seems very interested in making sure I have some tasks to do.

Hopefully this continues as I have felt for a long time now that my job is pretty irrelevant and not even needed.   

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2020, 09:30:11 am »

Do we have the same manager? Skype call at 08:50 every morning, mainly to discuss how dead it was the day before, then another at 16:30, mainly to discuss what everyone’s having for tea ::)

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2020, 12:34:24 pm »
Do we have the same manager? Skype call at 08:50 every morning, mainly to discuss how dead it was the day before, then another at 16:30, mainly to discuss what everyone’s having for tea ::)

Certain teams in my work have those daily. "Check in and check outs" although it should be less about work, more about how you're feeling and what you hope to get done in the day.

We're having daily calls in our team. We've had the ability to work from home for years and I'd usually only do it when it suited me.

It's now almost two weeks and it's driving me up the wall. It doesn't help that thousands are doing the same in our place and putting a strain on the IT infrastructure

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2020, 02:38:14 pm »
So I've been told if I don't shift my working pattern from 5am starts to 2am starts I have to move departments.  Fab.  Won't utterly fuck my homelife at all.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2020, 02:38:57 pm »
So I've been told if I don't shift my working pattern from 5am starts to 2am starts I have to move departments.  Fab.  Won't utterly fuck my homelife at all.

What does your contract say about changes in working hours?

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: March 27, 2020, 02:42:56 pm »
What does your contract say about changes in working hours?
They need to give us three weeks.  There was a big hoo-har about the changes a while ago (if you search for "Contract 6") but because the govt are ramping up home shopping from 1st April it needs to start earlier, plus the GMB are as useful as a pack of durex in a convent so getting them to intervene might be pointless too.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2020, 02:43:01 pm »
Managers have to justify their salary and look like they are working no?

Ps anyone got a working discount code for zoom?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #197 on: March 27, 2020, 02:53:40 pm »
They need to give us three weeks.  There was a big hoo-har about the changes a while ago (if you search for "Contract 6") but because the govt are ramping up home shopping from 1st April it needs to start earlier, plus the GMB are as useful as a pack of durex in a convent so getting them to intervene might be pointless too.

Ah ASDA I take it? Which one you at?

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: March 27, 2020, 08:07:59 pm »
Ah ASDA I take it? Which one you at?
Don't really wanna say to be honest mate, these things always come back to bite you on the arse if they think you've been shit-talking them.
My Twitter

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #199 on: March 27, 2020, 08:10:54 pm »
Don't really wanna say to be honest mate, these things always come back to bite you on the arse if they think you've been shit-talking them.

Yeah don’t blame you mate. Have worked for them in past and have a mate at one now at a night manager so know how shite they can be.