Author Topic: CL: Red Star 2 vs Liverpool 0 ‘22 ‘ 28 Pavkov  (Read 52295 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: CL: Red Star 2 vs Liverpool 0 ‘22 ‘ 28 Pavkov
« Reply #160 on: November 6, 2018, 07:53:57 pm »
Massive wake up call. The truth is, we've been riding our luck with sub-par performances this whole season. We needed a worldie from Sturridge to draw with Chelsea, were a Mahrez penalty away from losing to City, nearly collapsed in the end against Spurs, and were outplayed against Arsenal. You can only go so far by playing as turgid as we have done this season.

We're a shadow of the side that we saw last season.

The game against Arsenal was not a bad performance we made the same amount of chances.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #161 on: November 6, 2018, 07:54:01 pm »
Champions League is overrated anyway, lets focus on the League now.
The worry being that we’re now potentially Europa bound and league champions don’t come out of the Europa. Napoli win tonight and we’ll do well to qualify.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: November 6, 2018, 07:54:05 pm »
worst performance since hodgson, and i dont understand how klopp couldn't get the side more interested.  milner and gini have been getting plaudits most of the season, but they were the worst players on the pitch the last 3 matches - how people think they are better then fabinho or hendo is beyond me.  mane has been awful for ages, bar the goals in the first 2 weeks too, yet always gets a pass - should have brought firmino on for gini/milner and left studge up front - at least he looked like he had the skills to beat a player.  just awful. 

Online LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #163 on: November 6, 2018, 07:54:11 pm »
 That second half was extremely poor. I missed the first half and haven't seen the goals as I type this. Should I bother?  :boring

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: November 6, 2018, 07:54:15 pm »
The complacent first half really done us in. Klopp really has to take the blame for the team selection that led to the lethargy I think. In fact, I think his choice to relinquish the constant high press this season is coming back to bite him I think.

On the optimistic side, I think this will be the loss that will kick us into gear this year, much like how the Spurs match changed our season last year.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #165 on: November 6, 2018, 07:54:21 pm »
Massive wake up call. The truth is, we've been riding our luck with sub-par performances this whole season. We needed a worldie from Sturridge to draw with Chelsea, were a Mahrez penalty away from losing to City, nearly collapsed in the end against Spurs, and were outplayed against Arsenal. You can only go so far by playing as turgid as we have done this season.

poor performances don't count against top sides or so I hear
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: November 6, 2018, 07:54:28 pm »
Taking Sturridge off for Firmino, leaving those three midfielders on for 79 minutes, moving Mane to wing-back, leaving us in a position where we brought on Origi. Fucking hell, Klopp must be jet-lagged.

Will probably be investigated for match-fixing, refuse to believe we actually tried to win that game.

Matip and Lallana shouldn't feature in the first team unless we are really desperate.

Online Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: November 6, 2018, 07:54:29 pm »
It’s like the front 6 are various carnations of Gerrard. A fucking mess tactically.y

Offline EPortJake

• Main Stander
« Reply #168 on: November 6, 2018, 07:54:29 pm »
Dog shit.
Literally exploded when Mane tried to kick the ball straight through a defenders body on the 5th occasion.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Online Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #169 on: November 6, 2018, 07:54:38 pm »
The problem is pretty clear we have fuck all coming from midfield so when the front 3 aren't clicking(like for most of the season so far)it just highlights the problem.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #170 on: November 6, 2018, 07:54:46 pm »

We did well in those matches but tonight was horrific.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #171 on: November 6, 2018, 07:54:52 pm »
I think the 4-3-3 is not working anymore for us. Without a runner like Ox, its far too easy to defend against. There's always 10 yards between the midfield and the front 3, no one playing between the lines. We've looked most potent in the season with the 4-2-3-1. We need to see that more often. That was still shocking though. The one time we've been comprehensively beaten. Never got into the game. Napoli and Chelsea were sucker punches. Draws would have been more fair there, but today we deserved nothing.

Clearly, they analyzed us and blocked all the good possible passes our formation could achieve and we didn't have one good long passer in our team.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #172 on: November 6, 2018, 07:54:54 pm »
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Frankly we have been watching this type of performance all season. No midfield to speak of, no connection in the play, no ability to change things up, poor substitutions.

There is inarguably a huge difference between this Liverpool team and the one that finished off last season. It isn't just form either, though clearly some of it is. 

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #173 on: November 6, 2018, 07:54:55 pm »
Given the lack of attacking fluidity upfront pretty much all season.... we’re stuttering along....... beginning to question whether we are missing Buvac?
We had momentum at the end of the season and the front 3 could hit anything and it would go in.
This season they couldnt hit a barn door!!!
Something is seriously missing!

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #174 on: November 6, 2018, 07:54:59 pm »
This one is firmly on Klopp. Wrong team from the start, we knew they were likely to be extremely aggressive so rather than having Fabinho or Naby in there to fight the battle we had Lallana doing pretty much fuck all again. I've been a fan of his but this team is evolving and he just isn't good enough any more.

No one gets any credit tonight, at all. Horrible performance, if you can even call it such a thing. The worst is that they are pretty shoddy overall, we were just beyond awful. Lots to ponder after that.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: November 6, 2018, 07:55:03 pm »
Rubbish but we never make life easy so pretty expected if you've watched Liverpool over recent years.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: November 6, 2018, 07:55:04 pm »
Yes let's challenge City. So you think on this form we can?

City are streets ahead of everyone, their depth is insane. The challenge is to finish higher than 4th and somehow win a trophy.

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jόrgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #177 on: November 6, 2018, 07:55:06 pm »
Good to see the old November heebie jeebies are back
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #178 on: November 6, 2018, 07:55:21 pm »
Utterly embarrassing performance from every Liverpool player on the field without exception.

Not sure how Lallana stayed on the field as long as he did, thought he would have been the first to go. The second half at least stopped the bleeding, though with the front players seemingly incapable of kicking in the vague direction of the goal, the damage was already done.

I sincerely hope the team receives a non-stop bollocking the entire way home - the level they played at today was not acceptable.

Online vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #179 on: November 6, 2018, 07:55:22 pm »
Pretty awful performance all round, not one of them played even remotely well.

The final ball was terrible.
Mane kept trying to put the ball between the guys legs and failing every time. Milner couldn't complete a pass to his team mates. Lallana looks like he has never played with any of them before, the midfield was non-existant. Bobby improved us but we were so wasteful and slow with the ball.

Despite playing so badly, we still could have scored 3 or 4. Sturridge, Mane, Salah, Van Dijk all missed very good chances.

Looks like its the hard way as usual.

Online lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: November 6, 2018, 07:55:27 pm »
Very similar to most games this season but our defence has helped us out, if they concede we have problems.
Do we even practice crossing in training?

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #181 on: November 6, 2018, 07:55:29 pm »
Play fucking Fabinho, Keita in midfield and let them settle in by playing matches and not from the bench.

Milner should never play as a CM for our club ever again. Keep him as Robinson's backup and sell Albie. Lallana is playing like Aspas(LFC version) in midfield.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Online Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: November 6, 2018, 07:55:31 pm »
Even when down we played the ball wide and back like we had all the time in the world.

This is down to Klopp, he’s tinkering with the defence again and that midfield was useless.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #183 on: November 6, 2018, 07:55:35 pm »
No excuse for that. Really sad to watch after last season.

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cameras in your food, dude.
« Reply #184 on: November 6, 2018, 07:55:36 pm »
Okay, who picked 2-0 in the sweep?

Joel Matip.
This sentence is not provable

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: November 6, 2018, 07:55:36 pm »
Bloody lucky to get nil.
yeah, shouldn't have counted imo.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: November 6, 2018, 07:55:43 pm »
Really poor performance. Subs did nothing when they came on. Matup showing us why he never starts, constantly retreating when under pressure (such a contrast to Gomez who has been excellent this season. Midfield was shite, no control, no crispness, running about with no head. Mane tried but couldn't do it on his own, Salah got into good positions and Sturridge and Firmino were anonymous.

Bad day at the office.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: November 6, 2018, 07:55:48 pm »
Basically means we have to go for broke now as  you say. I think this group will go to the last game now. That may suit us more.

As long as Napoli don't win tonight, we just need to beat them (and score 2 or more goals) to qualify. That's on the assumption we lose to PSG and they beat Red Star
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #188 on: November 6, 2018, 07:55:52 pm »
Not sure how to explain that except maybe to assume the atmosphere got to us which shouldn't happen.

Watching that tonight made me a sad bunny  :(

These last two games in the group now... wow. Hoping for a draw in Naples later.

Online Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: November 6, 2018, 07:55:55 pm »
No idea what is wrong with us, we are playing like everybody has lost a yard of pace both physically and mentally.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: November 6, 2018, 07:55:59 pm »
Made it more difficult for ourselves but we have enough to win the remaining games,with any luck this will be the kick up the arse that we've needed.

Sooner it come today than in the league or against PSG & Napoli.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: November 6, 2018, 07:56:02 pm »
we'll be boss when we click though
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: November 6, 2018, 07:56:04 pm »
Fucking hell that was beyond pathetic. There’s no creativity in that midfield whatsoever. Long ball it to the front three and hope they pull something out of nothing. Old problems revisited, clueless against a park the bus team.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: November 6, 2018, 07:56:06 pm »
Hopefully this is the wake up call for the "ah but we're near the top and unbeaten in the league", can't think of one game this season were the team have been even close to showing last seasons fluidity, midfield was shocking, I don't criticise Klopp but he got it badly wrong tonight, played 4-2-3-1 against Red Star and home and Cardiff, with Fabinho and Gini holding and the team looked very balanced, last two games reverted back to the 4-3-3 and have been overrun in midfield, players really need to step it up.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #194 on: November 6, 2018, 07:56:18 pm »
None of them were bad performances. Today was.

Hazard missed a 1v1 to seal the game, and we barely had a shot on target against City. Our luck can only see us through so far.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #195 on: November 6, 2018, 07:56:21 pm »
What’s best result later ?

Whatever happens we need a result in Paris.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: November 6, 2018, 07:56:21 pm »
bringing on Origi for the last 5 minutes has never worked, he hasn’t had time to integrate with our attack yet he’s thrown in when we need to be a cohesive attacking unit the most. It’s stupid
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: November 6, 2018, 07:56:42 pm »
Well, the only thing I was wrong about at half time was that I thought we'd score. We never looked likely. It was ponderous. A desperately poor display.

That said, I don't think there is a need to draw any serious conclusions from it or blame the sale of Coutinho or the lack of Buvac or all the other stuff that will roll out.

The one thing of note for me is that in some away games at the moment we are almost playing percentage football, dropping off and leaving ourselves open to chances but playing more long balls or crosses when we go forward and building at a very slow tempo. The first ten minutes of tonight's game was hideous by both sides, the ball spending more time in the air being pinged awkwardly between teams until hitting the ground and promptly being given away. It's not us. We've lost to Napoli away, drawn 1-1 with Arsenal, drawn with Chelsea, beaten Huddersfield 1-0 and lost 2-0 tonight. The best away performance all season has been the excellent one against Spurs. I want to see a new plan in away games with a better, more sustained press and quicker, more intelligent forward play.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: November 6, 2018, 07:56:47 pm »
Ahh come on that was dreadful, we can say it when its true.

It was dreadful, but we've still got qualification in our own hands.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #199 on: November 6, 2018, 07:56:54 pm »
So is draw in psg Game best result now ?