Author Topic: Aussie Reds! for the final!!!  (Read 35684 times)

Offline Reds4Life

• Foot In Mouth Disease and Negative Hate Campaign Victim.
  • Kopite
  • LFC - A bastion of invincibility
Re: Aussie Reds! for the final!!!
« Reply #520 on: April 10, 2008, 04:44:05 am »
My train was fucked yesterday morning, peak hour and we all had to get off it and change.

There was about 600 people all pissed off standing around so I shouted out, and in good news today Liverpool beat Arsenal to make it into the Champions League semi finals!!
To all the people lucky enough to be in the ground to watch the redmen play. This is your chance. This is your moment. This is your opportunity to lose your voice, the chance to display your unswerving loyalty in search of the holy grail. We shall overcome. We shall unite. We shall believe. We shall share in the spoils of victory!

YNWA, JFT 96

Offline ashy9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: April 10, 2008, 04:50:10 am »
My train was fucked yesterday morning, peak hour and we all had to get off it and change.

There was about 600 people all pissed off standing around so I shouted out, and in good news today Liverpool beat Arsenal to make it into the Champions League semi finals!!

:D Ah brits abroad eh!!!

Offline Reds4Life

• Kopite
« Reply #522 on: April 10, 2008, 04:52:10 am »
Scousers abroad! ;)
To all the people lucky enough to be in the ground to watch the redmen play. This is your chance. This is your moment. This is your opportunity to lose your voice, the chance to display your unswerving loyalty in search of the holy grail. We shall overcome. We shall unite. We shall believe. We shall share in the spoils of victory!

YNWA, JFT 96

Offline ashy9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: April 10, 2008, 04:56:27 am »
Scousers abroad! ;)

Too true although I don't qualify as scouse, liverpudlian though!! Moved out to lancs when I was 6 only moved back when I was 20....by that time the accent had well and truly bit the dust! Still my father has never let me forget where I was born and its the only place that really feels like home!! So fuck it scousers on tour indeed!

Offline Reds4Life

• Kopite
« Reply #524 on: April 10, 2008, 05:01:23 am »
once a red, always a red lid.

YNWA, JFT 96

Offline minusone

• considered rubbish
  • Legacy Fan
  • Resurrection 2.0
« Reply #525 on: April 10, 2008, 05:02:37 am »
I'd like to make plans for the final, but that would scare the piss out of me for jinxing it.
Fired?? He should be shot! With shit, human shit!

Offline ashy9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: April 10, 2008, 05:08:39 am »
once a red, always a red lid.

Apparently so kid!! Where does ur family sit? My dads now in upper cent, terriblle atmos but the old fella does love a good view!

Offline ashy9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: April 10, 2008, 05:09:40 am »
I'd like to make plans for the final, but that would scare the piss out of me for jinxing it.

Know the feeling was looking at flights to moscow yest, just for the options, then logged out with worry....two games to get through first!

Offline Reds4Life

• Kopite
« Reply #528 on: April 10, 2008, 05:43:46 am »
Apparently so kid!! Where does ur family sit? My dads now in upper cent, terriblle atmos but the old fella does love a good view!

Some in the Annie Rd... near the corner flag. Others in the Kop, two of my cousins in the Upper Centenary... a fair smattering of us all over the ground!! lol!

YNWA, JFT 96

Offline ashy9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: April 10, 2008, 06:35:41 am »
Some in the Annie Rd... near the corner flag. Others in the Kop, two of my cousins in the Upper Centenary... a fair smattering of us all over the ground!! lol!

So you've spread em around a bit then eh?! Unfortunately for me all my cousins are blues.....my aunties have diluted the bloodline by marrying into the wrong side of town! Tried to convert a few but they're unfortunately not having it lol!

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #530 on: April 10, 2008, 06:47:20 am »
:) :) :) - Telling you its like a graveyard over here sometimes, I was off to work yest morn and family/friends who'd been the match were calling me steaming. Talk about a downer!

Too true...

For me to get in the mood and alive before a match I have to resort to coming onto RAWK and reading pre-match threads, which isn't bad don't get wrong but it would be nice to be naturally in the mood and NOT have resort to reading the pre-match threads or scoring a early goal, to get in the mood.

To tell you the truth what I hate most is having go to sleep straight after CL matches.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 06:51:35 am by BMW »

Offline ashy9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: April 10, 2008, 06:58:59 am »
Too true...

For me to get in the mood and alive before a match I have to resort to coming onto RAWK and reading pre-match threads, which isn't bad don't get wrong but it would be nice to be naturally in the mood and NOT have resort to reading the pre-match threads or scoring a early goal, to get in the mood.

To tell you the truth what I hate most is having go to sleep straight after CL matches.

I always find a big blast on YNWA on the stereo works wonders for me but the CL games are a nightmare, it does not feel right watching them with bleary eyes and coffee! I try and sleep before cos I've no chance of doing it after but thats difficult enough with the will we/won't we spinning through my head!

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: April 10, 2008, 07:13:13 am »
I always find a big blast on YNWA on the stereo works wonders for me but the CL games are a nightmare, it does not feel right watching them with bleary eyes and coffee! I try and sleep before cos I've no chance of doing it after but thats difficult enough with the will we/won't we spinning through my head!

One positive thing tho' and I hope I'm not tempting fate, is the CL being in Moscow means it will be on a 12.30am... now IF we get final it will be a nice for a change time wise over here.

Offline ashy9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: April 10, 2008, 07:59:05 am »
One positive thing tho' and I hope I'm not tempting fate, is the CL being in Moscow means it will be on a 12.30am... now IF we get final it will be a nice for a change time wise over here.

That it will! Last years was on so early I was that pissed I had to wake up and watch the replay as I couldn't remember the match at all....knew we'd lost as my eyes were so puffy from the tears! 12:30 would be loads better, time to get drunk before and after!

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: April 10, 2008, 08:18:07 am »
Talking about last year for those who went to the Mustang Bar for the final and remember, last week the idiot who stabbed the guy outside after the CL final has been sentenced for 2 years.

Offline bt7cadillac

• Anny Roader
« Reply #535 on: April 11, 2008, 12:42:38 am »
Another beauty from Foz last night. In going through the Babel penalty, he said that the difference between Fabregas and Alonso/Mascherano is that they would've fouled outside the area, not let him waltz through. He then 'applauded' Fabregas for not fouling, as it's a 'blight on the game'. He was pretty positive about us last night, so I guess he had to throw taht in there to even it out!
Oh my god it's Russell Crowe

Offline thechulloran

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: April 11, 2008, 04:15:27 am »
did anyone else think ESPN were c.unts after they cut to a commercial break about half way through YNWA at the start of the match?

:mad:
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists" - Tom Hicks

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: April 11, 2008, 04:23:21 am »
did anyone else think ESPN were c.unts after they cut to a commercial break about half way through YNWA at the start of the match?

YES!

They even laughed/chuckled.   :no

I think it was because YNWA was being sung a few seconds off beat, from the YNWA over the tannoy... if that makes sense.

Offline Reds4Life

• Kopite
« Reply #538 on: April 11, 2008, 04:33:10 am »
So you've spread em around a bit then eh?! Unfortunately for me all my cousins are blues.....my aunties have diluted the bloodline by marrying into the wrong side of town! Tried to convert a few but they're unfortunately not having it lol!

some of the outlaws are bluenoses... me grandad used to follow both of them when he lived on Scottie Rd... decided the reds were it for him when Shanks took over...

YNWA, JFT 96

Offline Reds4Life

• Kopite
« Reply #539 on: April 11, 2008, 04:34:41 am »

Wrote on some other thread that I actually thought they were going to do something right when Derek Rae said "Another special European night - This is Anfield" and then he shut up (for once) and let the Kop take over and just as they were getting to the last line they cut away to a fucking Heineken ad!! FFS!!

YNWA, JFT 96

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: April 11, 2008, 04:46:01 am »
At least we didn't have to put up with Forzzie and him bagging us again and telling us how great Arsenal is

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: April 11, 2008, 04:46:01 am »
Another beauty from Foz last night. In going through the Babel penalty, he said that the difference between Fabregas and Alonso/Mascherano is that they would've fouled outside the area, not let him waltz through. He then 'applauded' Fabregas for not fouling, as it's a 'blight on the game'. He was pretty positive about us last night, so I guess he had to throw taht in there to even it out!

You forgot to mention his comments on Hypia's goal. He said something along the lines of "it's a great header...if you appreciate headers".

It was a header from a corner FFS!  :butt

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: April 11, 2008, 05:00:25 am »
At least we didn't have to put up with Forzzie and him bagging us again and telling us how great Arsenal is

Yep, I'd have to agree on that count...

Offline minusone

• considered rubbish
  • Legacy Fan
  • Resurrection 2.0
« Reply #543 on: April 11, 2008, 05:02:50 am »
You're forgetting the important point here....
Craig Foster is fucking knobend. End of story.
Fired?? He should be shot! With shit, human shit!

Offline r3dman1

• Main Stander
« Reply #544 on: April 11, 2008, 05:32:19 am »
You're forgetting the important point here....
Craig Foster is fucking knobend. End of story.

I like this and totally agree!!!!

Infact all the SBS crew seem to read the exact same story's we read on various websites and then start to mention when on tv and its like, "yep, read that to Les, now shut the fuck up and get decent commentators (Martin Tyler) and stop talking"

I actually remember hearing fozzie say during one of the pool games of the CL that Torres isnt worth the money that was spent and that he isnt a decent player!!! hmmmmmm...... havent heard anymore of these comments since...

Watched the UEFA game this morning and i have to say that Francis Awaratife (how ever its fucking spelt) is good... much much better then Fozzie and wasnt bad at all.. seemed to know his stuff much better then fozzie...

Any Canberra Redmen here btw?

DRUNK!!! excuse spelling and gramma!!!

Offline reds7

• Kopite
  • Walk on Tommo
« Reply #545 on: April 11, 2008, 08:31:56 am »
You forgot to mention his comments on Hypia's goal. He said something along the lines of "it's a great header...if you appreciate headers".

It was a header from a corner FFS!  :butt
Fuck no