Author Topic: United 3-1 Liverpool FT  (Read 197437 times)

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Re: United 3-1 Liverpool FT
« Reply #520 on: September 12, 2015, 07:54:12 pm »
Pretty much saying that Young and Herrera 'bought' the free kick and penalty. We were shite, regardless of whether those blatant fouls were 'bought' or not.

He's got a career in politics waiting for him if he fancies it. He's like a politician with his spin and excuses.

Offline RedJim

• Nickname Thief!
  • Kopite
  • Liverbird Upon My Chest
« Reply #521 on: September 12, 2015, 07:54:12 pm »
We're a fucking shambles from the top to the bottom. When that first goal went in, our chances of getting anything out of the game shrunk immediately to 0%. We've got no leaders and no one with the stomach for a match like this. If you turn up to Old Trafford and don't show any fight you deserve everything that you get.

I don't know how many times we can keep making the same mistakes (on and off the field) and expect a different outcome. Teams don't even need a clever game plan against us, all they've got to do is apply mild pressure to our back 5 and wait for us to hand it on a plate for them. Couple that with moderately resolute defending and we've lost/drawn the game barring a wondergoal. Surely every fucker has figured that out now.

Basically we are going to need Coutinho on fire every single game this season unless we have a massive turnaround in our playing style.

Total lack of ambition all round - it's fuckin depressing  :-\

Oh and fuck off Martin Tyler. He's gonna go home and wank himself silly tonight over that replay.

And a big big big fuck off to the knuckle dragging inhabitants of Old Trafford, once again you've showed your class  :wanker

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #522 on: September 12, 2015, 07:54:13 pm »
I want Rodgers to find his magic again, the one that gave us so much fun a couple of seasons ago. But we are digging a deeper and deeper hole and it's difficult to see that. We've gone from being an exciting side to being plain average with no direction.

Drop a 100 mill to Barca and get that nutcase back here. He was the reason we challenged.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #523 on: September 12, 2015, 07:54:16 pm »
So, BR says there was not enough quality. Who signed these non-quality players FFS.?
YNWA

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: September 12, 2015, 07:54:20 pm »
We obviously didn't watch the same game.

I thought we fucked up a set piece and then started chasing the game.

That was his plan from the off. Then they predictably scored because we are dire defensively and it was game set and match and everyone knew it including Rodgers and the players.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: September 12, 2015, 07:54:21 pm »
Also if anyone can tell me what on earth Emre Can does, then I'd be most grateful. No pace, no power, no composure, piss poor.
Yet he was are best midfielder today lol

In fairness the lad has good vision is technically sound but he's to slow on the turn and to clumsy to play midfield also seems a bit unfit.

Offline mensor

• Definitely not MENSA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #526 on: September 12, 2015, 07:54:25 pm »
Rodgers's post match. Jesus wept. He's fucking lost it.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: September 12, 2015, 07:54:32 pm »
That's it for me.  Time for a change.  The players simply don't know what to do out there.  It would seem to me that we've gone quite a ways backwards. 

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #528 on: September 12, 2015, 07:54:35 pm »
The magic went to Barcelona.

And the other 1/4 is permanently on the injury table
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: September 12, 2015, 07:54:48 pm »
I want Rodgers to find his magic again, the one that gave us so much fun a couple of seasons ago. But we are digging a deeper and deeper hole and it's difficult to see that. We've gone from being an exciting side to being plain average with no direction.
That was down to one player not Brendan and without him we are plain average as we were last season.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #530 on: September 12, 2015, 07:54:50 pm »
Sacking a manager mid-season is probably the most stupid thing any club can do. You bin the manager, you usually have to bin the backroom staff, then there will be players that the new manager doesn't like and they'll want to offload and bring new players in - all in the middle of a season, it's just mind-numbingly dim to do it.

It's rare that mid-season changes make everything great again. We've got our man. We need to stick by him and see how we get on across the season. We've a few high profile people missing and we've got people still bedding in. Knee-jerking and stamping our feet isn't going to help. We (And Manchester United) looked like pub teams in the first half, granted. But the second half was a lot better from us. On another day we'd have scored a couple of those that de Gea kept out.

Just wasn't to be, but there's plenty of football left to play this season. No need to be throwing the towel in this early.

You're pushing it there. De Gea did nothing special. They were routine saves.

Rodgers will not finish in the top 4, so I don't see why changing now would be so damaging. It gives the new man a head start on next season if nothing else.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: September 12, 2015, 07:54:55 pm »
'Too easy to hit Benteke'

Man Utd 3-1 Liverpool

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers, speaking to Sky Sports:  "I thought in the first half we defended well but had nowhere near enough quality and composure on the ball.

"We were disappointed with a couple of the goals. I never thought the free kick was a free-kick. Penalty, I think Herrera has done well, young Joe Gomez will learn he has to stay on his feet.

"We got back into the game with a brilliant goal but then we concede a disappointed third and that kills is.

"We need to be a lot technically better than we showed today. Over the first five games now creating goals is something we need to look at. It is too easy sometimes for us to go direct to Christian Benteke, who was excellent today.

"I have a group who will respond but we have to be technically better."

F*ck technically shite and shove your character up your arse Brendan...  What we need is a new manager!!!

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #532 on: September 12, 2015, 07:55:00 pm »
Anyone who was at the West Ham game knows he's lost the fans. He's a bluffer and deep down we all know it. Pity but there you are. We move on.

I want to read this 180 page manifesto he gave to FSG.

Death by football he said.

Well and truly achieved. Now please leave.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline LFC-Dan

• one of the worst here!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: September 12, 2015, 07:55:07 pm »
Exactly! We all know what we watched a few years ago & I (perhaps strangely) believe we can get back to those times but for that you need the pace & character in the side - something we severely lacked today.
Justice for the 96

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #534 on: September 12, 2015, 07:55:08 pm »
I understand people saying they're not even arsed, but we really should be livid. That was embarrassing.

That's apathy though mate.... when you're so used to mediocrity and you expect to lose and not play well and be utterly devoid of any creativity.... and you can't get mad, you're just..... meh.

Apathy's a bitch.

The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: September 12, 2015, 07:55:14 pm »
Also if anyone can tell me what on earth Emre Can does, then I'd be most grateful. No pace, no power, no composure, piss poor.
I thought he did well considering the experience along side him and he did more than Milner

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: September 12, 2015, 07:55:16 pm »
Sacking a manager mid-season is probably the most stupid thing any club can do. You bin the manager, you usually have to bin the backroom staff, then there will be players that the new manager doesn't like and they'll want to offload and bring new players in - all in the middle of a season, it's just mind-numbingly dim to do it.

It's rare that mid-season changes make everything great again. We've got our man. We need to stick by him and see how we get on across the season. We've a few high profile people missing and we've got people still bedding in. Knee-jerking and stamping our feet isn't going to help. We (And Manchester United) looked like pub teams in the first half, granted. But the second half was a lot better from us. On another day we'd have scored a couple of those that de Gea kept out.

Just wasn't to be, but there's plenty of football left to play this season. No need to be throwing the towel in this early.

I've read this post so many times in the last three going on four years. Or versions of it.

When is anything ever going to rest at Rodgers stoop?

Players bedding in. Players were sold. We dont have a striker.

It's never his fault, is it?

How anyone can watch us play, regardless of scorelines and the rest, just watch us play - how anyone can do that over the last 15 matches played, knowing what has been spent and how much time the manager has had, and not be questioning the quality of the manager... what will it take??

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #537 on: September 12, 2015, 07:55:17 pm »
So, BR says there was not enough quality. Who signed these non-quality players FFS.?

£300m worth of it too.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #538 on: September 12, 2015, 07:55:21 pm »
How does Young get a free kick and a player booked for a foul he commits.

We were crap but he clearly grabs Clyne,

Offline jimbo196843

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #539 on: September 12, 2015, 07:55:25 pm »
We weren't. Manchester United had three shots on goal. Liverpool had four. There is a lot to be said, much negative, about the performance, but Liverpool weren't ridiculed apart from the scoreline. That's what counts though. Gomez made a horrible mistake, their free kick was clever, and Martial made a fool out of Skrtel. That was all, but more than enough. I don't know how to take this, but Rodgers need six points in those two next home games.
great post.

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #540 on: September 12, 2015, 07:55:37 pm »
More from Brendan Rodgers, speaking to Sky Sports:  "You are never happy when you lose a game, especially to your rival. The only positive for me is that we had a defeat here last year and we got better.

"The key for us is to initiate a game and create chances, that is something we need to be better at."
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline unusg

• heron
  • Kopite
  • first is first. second is nowhere !!
« Reply #541 on: September 12, 2015, 07:55:38 pm »
Fuck it I'm watching the rugby for the next month. Let me know when he's been fired.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: September 12, 2015, 07:55:50 pm »
Rodgers' sounds clueless in his interview. They asked him about Ings on the left and he just had no answer as to why he did it, or why he persisted with it, even though he acknowledged it was a "tough ask" of Ings.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #543 on: September 12, 2015, 07:55:55 pm »
Passionless, Useless, Hopeless, Clueless, Gutless, no leaders on the pitch or off it, there was no shape, poor tactics executed poorly by a lack lustre team seemingly no plan B when they scored and even then no urgency in our play

One amazing goal doesn't hide the fact that United did not even play well,  we were so flat they didn't have to do much to win that awful game.

One point if we have a free kick in their half maybe the old fashioned lumping it in the box to the big man might work better than two pointless square passes and then giving the ball away yet again.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: September 12, 2015, 07:56:03 pm »

Nice hair though.

I think that's harsh on Can. He's a good player who hasn't found his role in the team for me.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #545 on: September 12, 2015, 07:56:06 pm »
I don't think I have been more disappointed and upset since the Hodgson era. We have been so lacking in all areas that I just don't know where we go from here. The manager has to go now. I have no faith in him any more.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: September 12, 2015, 07:56:11 pm »
Drop a 100 mill to Barca and get that nutcase back here. He was the reason we challenged.
Exactly here here the guy was awesome made Brendan look good.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #547 on: September 12, 2015, 07:56:24 pm »
IIRC we conceded the exact same goal against united in about 2006/7 didn't we? Tevez iirc?
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: September 12, 2015, 07:56:30 pm »

why's it such a bad thing if the teams going nowhere? Any half decent manager will get this squad in the top 8 which is all Brendan's going to do anyway. You're losing nothing. Absolutely nothing, well apart from the money for the pay off's.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: September 12, 2015, 07:56:34 pm »
'Too easy to hit Benteke'

Man Utd 3-1 Liverpool

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers, speaking to Sky Sports:  "I thought in the first half we defended well but had nowhere near enough quality and composure on the ball.

"We were disappointed with a couple of the goals. I never thought the free kick was a free-kick. Penalty, I think Herrera has done well, young Joe Gomez will learn he has to stay on his feet.

"We got back into the game with a brilliant goal but then we concede a disappointed third and that kills is.

"We need to be a lot technically better than we showed today. Over the first five games now creating goals is something we need to look at. It is too easy sometimes for us to go direct to Christian Benteke, who was excellent today.

"I have a group who will respond but we have to be technically better."

That's what happens when you buy a target man.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: September 12, 2015, 07:56:37 pm »
Too much negativity involving the manager. Tactics and set up was shocking & confusing as has been the case recently but calling for his head so early is pointless as it isn't going to happen anytime soon. You can't perform like we did in a game of this magnitude but we didn't have the pace & agility to trouble them enough which isn't totally down to the manager. Back him until the end!

That's pretty much bullshit.  These are Brendan's players.  He's shipped out the ones he doesn't want and has brought in the ones he wanted.  He sacked his own backroom staff and brought in some new coaches.  Nothing has changed.  We have no plan, no tactics, and no idea.  Time for him to go. 

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #551 on: September 12, 2015, 07:56:40 pm »
harsh on gomez. Kid thrown into the furnace. Rodgers for some reason has started the season without a senior left back he actually likes.

Not harsh... The question was who has Rodgers gotten the best out of ---- I thought Gomez has done well until (Cresswell snuck in on him) and today's pen.... he's a good lad.  Not having a go
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: September 12, 2015, 07:56:42 pm »
If I look at the points only so far, we are doing OK. West Ham is the only 'miss' so far. But we are having bigger problems, aren't we?

If we're going to change, the whole structure has to change. Ian Ayre has got to be relieved of ANYTHING that has to do with the squad. The committee has to be dismantled and banned from Anfield.  FSG don't know enough to properly set up a football club.

We'd have to look things over and evaluate, yes.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: September 12, 2015, 07:56:45 pm »
Are you taking the piss here?
What did I say that's outlandish? benteke would flourish under Klopp because his tactics are better. Deal with it

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #554 on: September 12, 2015, 07:56:51 pm »
Surely this is the end for Brendan
Kenny Godglish

Offline L7S

• Kopite
« Reply #555 on: September 12, 2015, 07:57:01 pm »
The season can still be salvaged if we have a change in manager now.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: September 12, 2015, 07:57:01 pm »
Did he use the word character in the interview?

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #557 on: September 12, 2015, 07:57:13 pm »
More from Brendan Rodgers, speaking to Sky Sports:  "You are never happy when you lose a game, especially to your rival. The only positive for me is that we had a defeat here last year and we got better.

"The key for us is to initiate a game and create chances, that is something we need to be better at."

Please just be quiet Brendan!

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: September 12, 2015, 07:57:19 pm »
Rodgers' sounds clueless in his interview. They asked him about Ings on the left and he just had no answer as to why he did it, or why he persisted with it, even though he acknowledged it was a "tough ask" of Ings.
He looked out of his depth with his answers does not deserve the title of LFC manager.

Offline NiftyNeil

• Kemlynite
« Reply #559 on: September 12, 2015, 07:57:22 pm »
Some one needs to sit Brendan down and show him videos of Swansea 11/12, Liverpool 12/13 and Liverpool 13/14. He seems to have completely lost his identity. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those fans that has been waiting for him to slip up so I can put the boot in, we should all be behind him while he is manager. But come on lad, time to get back to what you were doing right. We've got the players, use them, and use them right.