Author Topic: United 3-1 Liverpool FT  (Read 197479 times)

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
Re: United 3-1 Liverpool FT
« Reply #440 on: September 12, 2015, 07:48:18 pm »
Hilarious how he tried to shut up shop and it predictably went to hell in a handbasket.

Who tries to park the bus with the unholy trinity at the back??

Like parking a bus without any doors and leaving the keys in
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: September 12, 2015, 07:48:21 pm »
But he runs 300 miles per game so that means he's world class.
Nah he's trash. we should be trying to sign Gundogan to replace our talismatic captain. when Henderson is back I would like to see Can,Lucas and Henderson. Milner adds nothing.

Offline wordroam

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #442 on: September 12, 2015, 07:48:47 pm »
Jesus - am I the only person who expected a shambolic match between two off-form teams ? Anybody watched any matches this season ?

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: September 12, 2015, 07:48:51 pm »
There were idiots on this board who wanted rid of Kenny. They got their way, in fact some might say facilitated it, we ended up with an inexperienced manager with very little achievement behind him. Now there is a clamour of people shouting for Brendan's head. Some of the same posters no doubt.

Be careful what you wish for.

lol

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: September 12, 2015, 07:48:58 pm »
True, but we've seen Milner can thrive in the right system.

Yes, at RW, or some other utility position, where he's actually been good. Not in midfield.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #445 on: September 12, 2015, 07:49:02 pm »
Benteke's goal though....
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: September 12, 2015, 07:49:02 pm »
The manager should have gone immediately after that dogs-arse season and humiliation at Stoke....we're now seeing the result of sticking with him....game's up....ship sailed....
Correct. Fuck him off now before this season is gone as well.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: September 12, 2015, 07:49:02 pm »
We'll end up with Gary Monk.

I doubt we'd get him, that's the worst part. We'd end up with the bargain basement version of Gary Monk.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: September 12, 2015, 07:49:22 pm »
His idiot son was taking the piss out of us on Twitter before.
couldnt blame him as his dad was a scapegoat for Rodgers failings

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #449 on: September 12, 2015, 07:49:24 pm »
Relegation fodder teams will go there with more bollocks than we showed today.

The more worrying thing is that they will turn us over. I've actually got to the stage where I'd prefer us to lose the next 4 games and then we'd all have to face up to the need for change. We face a season of mid table dross.
#JFT97

Offline LFC-Dan

• one of the worst here!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: September 12, 2015, 07:49:25 pm »
Too much negativity involving the manager. Tactics and set up was shocking & confusing as has been the case recently but calling for his head so early is pointless as it isn't going to happen anytime soon. You can't perform like we did in a game of this magnitude but we didn't have the pace & agility to trouble them enough which isn't totally down to the manager. Back him until the end!
Justice for the 96

Offline Eternalsungod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #451 on: September 12, 2015, 07:49:26 pm »
'Defensively we weren't bothered too much'.

Jesus wept.
We weren't. Manchester United had three shots on goal. Liverpool had four. There is a lot to be said, much negative, about the performance, but Liverpool weren't ridiculed apart from the scoreline. That's what counts though. Gomez made a horrible mistake, their free kick was clever, and Martial made a fool out of Skrtel. That was all, but more than enough. I don't know how to take this, but Rodgers need six points in those two next home games.
“These young players are our future. If we handle them like horses then we get horses.” Jürgen Klopp.

Offline flinner

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #452 on: September 12, 2015, 07:49:29 pm »
The owners haven't a fucking clue, how long do they let this Debacle continue.
"We've created an environment where a complete moron can not only survive, but thrive."

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: September 12, 2015, 07:49:31 pm »
Ah well at least Lovren can't be used as chief whipping boy to deflect attention away from Rodgers this week.

Seriously there is no leadership anywhere on or off the pitch at this club right now.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #454 on: September 12, 2015, 07:49:34 pm »
Why do people keep giving FSG so much credit is beyond me. Keep the books tidy, build the stand, and cash out (haha good luck with that FSG). That's their 'ambition'. Wake up LFC fans.

They rightfully get credit for saving us from bankruptcy. That should not be forgotten.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #455 on: September 12, 2015, 07:49:42 pm »
If Rodgers would have been as big of a douche as Hodgson he would have been long gone. Football-wise it's not much better, and Rodgers budget is enormous.

As are his levels of delusion.

The post match interview is a fucking abomination. "We weren't troubled much defensively".

Parked the bus with fuck all tactics, about 20% possession and conceded 3. Aye. Well fucking done. You deserve to manage Barcelona, we are not worthy.

Starting to sound Hodgsonesque. For all his talk, heh, at least in 3 years Hodgson would have coached a decent defense.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: September 12, 2015, 07:49:46 pm »
Benteke's goal though....
nobodys arsed. That's the worst bit

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #457 on: September 12, 2015, 07:49:55 pm »
If we dont sack him we have no hope this season.  Replace him and this season can still be rescued.   A certain well known German wanted both Benteke and Firmino at Dortmund.....

Sacking a manager mid-season is probably the most stupid thing any club can do. You bin the manager, you usually have to bin the backroom staff, then there will be players that the new manager doesn't like and they'll want to offload and bring new players in - all in the middle of a season, it's just mind-numbingly dim to do it.

It's rare that mid-season changes make everything great again. We've got our man. We need to stick by him and see how we get on across the season. We've a few high profile people missing and we've got people still bedding in. Knee-jerking and stamping our feet isn't going to help. We (And Manchester United) looked like pub teams in the first half, granted. But the second half was a lot better from us. On another day we'd have scored a couple of those that de Gea kept out.

Just wasn't to be, but there's plenty of football left to play this season. No need to be throwing the towel in this early.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: September 12, 2015, 07:50:06 pm »
Hilarious how he tried to shut up shop and it predictably went to hell in a handbasket.

Who tries to park the bus with the unholy trinity at the back??

It worked at Arsenal, lad!  ;D
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #459 on: September 12, 2015, 07:50:17 pm »
If I said what I think RAWK would ban me, suffice to say we got in a manager who really is Readings standard of manager. He's won fuck all and will win fuck all with us but by God he can talk a good game and loves himself.

Offline Number23

• Kopite
« Reply #460 on: September 12, 2015, 07:50:23 pm »
Such a lame and timid performance. For all the players that have been bought over the past 2 seasons the central midfield hasn't been addressed. That's your engine.

Really?

We've bought attacking central midfielders galore. Brendan LOVES attacking central midfielders.
Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino, Can (box-to-box supposedly), Milner, Lallana, Joe Allen (not sure how to class him - DM?), Luis Alberto, Suso, Sahin

The problem is the lack of an identity to those purchases, and the clear lack of defensive midfielders.
Death by football [Rodgers] said. Well and truly achieved. Now please leave.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #461 on: September 12, 2015, 07:50:28 pm »
I don't want to be too harsh on Milner because I like him but he was fucking awful today. He's vice captain, captain on the day, is one of the most senior players in the squad and he was terrible in every aspect.

Offline flinner

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #462 on: September 12, 2015, 07:50:29 pm »
Too much negativity involving the manager. Tactics and set up was shocking & confusing as has been the case recently but calling for his head so early is pointless as it isn't going to happen anytime soon. You can't perform like we did in a game of this magnitude but we didn't have the pace & agility to trouble them enough which isn't totally down to the manager. Back him until the end!

Have you watched the last few games?.
"We've created an environment where a complete moron can not only survive, but thrive."

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #463 on: September 12, 2015, 07:50:35 pm »
We're playing worse football than last season overall.

There are players playing who need to be dropped. Skrtel for one. Replace him for Gonez for a few games, get Moreno back in at LB.

Brendan is on borrowed time. An important month coming up for him.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 07:52:07 pm by Mr Kipling »

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: September 12, 2015, 07:50:37 pm »
We are going nowhere under the current set up and sad to say the club is being run by amateurs who are only here to make a quick buck
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline unusg

• heron
  • Kopite
  • first is first. second is nowhere !!
« Reply #465 on: September 12, 2015, 07:50:42 pm »
Sitting a darkened room seething with that abject performance. Kids have sensibly cleared off too.

No problem if we are dull and get a draw but once they score you have to change and play 2 up top and get the ball into the box. But we didn't have a clue what to do.

The team are playing like strangers, build up is too slow and our most experienced defender is utter shite. The fixture list ironically will delay Rodgers sacking as some defeats were inevitable but this is a shit Utd team and we have given them such a leg up.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: September 12, 2015, 07:50:45 pm »
Don't get your hopes up about Klopp, that makes too much sense for Liverpool. We'll end up with Gary Monk.

He's 36...too old for our owners.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: September 12, 2015, 07:50:49 pm »
True, but we've seen Milner can thrive in the right system.
He shouldn't take free kicks either

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #468 on: September 12, 2015, 07:50:51 pm »
Brendan Rodgers: "the penalty for the second one is debatable."

lol
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #469 on: September 12, 2015, 07:50:52 pm »
Im as unhappy as the rest but the season is only 5 games in. Cant say im looking overly confident about us at the minute but i think 5 games in is too early to sack the manager. Id give him until Christmas which gives him a fair crack of the whip with these players. If he fails and we'd struggling make the change, give the manager 6 months to get used to the club and players and then a full transfer window. A change now is going to cause more problems than it solves i reckon Either way we may be up sht creek but i think keeping BR on until at least xmas is the smarter move at this point in time.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #470 on: September 12, 2015, 07:50:52 pm »
They rightfully get credit for saving us from bankruptcy. That should not be forgotten.

I was stood outside the Royal Courts of Justice when it happened. I'm still not impressed.

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #471 on: September 12, 2015, 07:50:53 pm »

'Too easy to hit Benteke'

Man Utd 3-1 Liverpool

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers, speaking to Sky Sports:  "I thought in the first half we defended well but had nowhere near enough quality and composure on the ball.

"We were disappointed with a couple of the goals. I never thought the free kick was a free-kick. Penalty, I think Herrera has done well, young Joe Gomez will learn he has to stay on his feet.

"We got back into the game with a brilliant goal but then we concede a disappointed third and that kills is.

"We need to be a lot technically better than we showed today. Over the first five games now creating goals is something we need to look at. It is too easy sometimes for us to go direct to Christian Benteke, who was excellent today.

"I have a group who will respond but we have to be technically better."
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Online Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: September 12, 2015, 07:51:00 pm »
We weren't. Manchester United had three shots on goal. Liverpool had four. There is a lot to be said, much negative, about the performance, but Liverpool weren't ridiculed apart from the scoreline. That's what counts though. Gomez made a horrible mistake, their free kick was clever, and Martial made a fool out of Skrtel. That was all, but more than enough. I don't know how to take this, but Rodgers need six points in those two next home games.

Isn't it rather damning that we concede 3 goals against a side as dire going forward as United?

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: September 12, 2015, 07:51:08 pm »
Mike Gordon: "Hey Brendan. Just wanted to say that I saw the game and me and the guys here at FSG think you're doing an excellent job with that rope that we gave you during the summer.  Keep up the good work!"
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #474 on: September 12, 2015, 07:51:11 pm »
I think enough is enough now. After the wasted millions, the failure to organise the team defensively, no clear direction with regards to formation and now an apparent abandoning of his philosophies. I think the manager has just run out of ideas and we need a fresh approach and new direction.

That for me was the worst Liverpool team I've seen since the Hodgson days. The midfield was just horrible, completely lacking in every department with a truly shocking display from both Milner and Lucas. I'm sorry but Milner is no central midfielder and Lucas is a shadow of his former self. He was so slow today it was quite embarrassing.

Defensively we are a greater concern with Skrtel once again confirming what a fucking liability he is and Lovern is just a sorry excuse for a defender. The man is a calamity and I laugh at people on here who say he had a good game. Really? What because he didn't make a mistake that led to a goal?

Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: September 12, 2015, 07:51:14 pm »
My interest in football is at its lowest since that time we got twatted by blackburn under hodgson.
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #476 on: September 12, 2015, 07:51:17 pm »
Sacking a manager mid-season is probably the most stupid thing any club can do.

September isn't mid-season...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline NigelManx

• Anny Roader
« Reply #477 on: September 12, 2015, 07:51:25 pm »
Nobody is going to convince me that these players are as bad as they have shown in the last year and particularly this season. No plan ,no direction no structure it's sad. Only one answer unfortunately.

Offline ocecynwa

• Kopite
« Reply #478 on: September 12, 2015, 07:51:27 pm »
Has a team ever spent this much money on defenders and yet not one of them can defend? I can't believe how awful they are!!!
Remember when we used to sing "we've got the best midfield in the world'? Not so much anymore.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: September 12, 2015, 07:51:33 pm »
Sacking a manager mid-season is probably the most stupid thing any club can do. You bin the manager, you usually have to bin the backroom staff, then there will be players that the new manager doesn't like and they'll want to offload and bring new players in - all in the middle of a season, it's just mind-numbingly dim to do it.

It's rare that mid-season changes make everything great again. We've got our man. We need to stick by him and see how we get on across the season. We've a few high profile people missing and we've got people still bedding in. Knee-jerking and stamping our feet isn't going to help. We (And Manchester United) looked like pub teams in the first half, granted. But the second half was a lot better from us. On another day we'd have scored a couple of those that de Gea kept out.

Just wasn't to be, but there's plenty of football left to play this season. No need to be throwing the towel in this early.
It's just another fucking season wasted if we keep him where not winning a trophy or getting top 4 if he stays.