Author Topic: Manchester Utd vs Liverpool Prematch thread (Sun Jan 15, 4pm)  (Read 85616 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: Manchester Utd vs Liverpool Prematch thread (Sun Jan 15, 4pm)
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2017, 10:36:06 pm »
I didn't know Preston was a suburb of Manchester, and I don't "chase" you around the forum, I've responded to you a few times in threads where you're acting like the football version of Alex Jones.

Everyone is shit or its corrupt.

Tiresome in all honesty.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2017, 10:36:38 pm »
We can't afford to start this game with an ultimate luxury player that is Sturridge. It would be like playing with 10 men. Nobody will be giving us gifts , we'll have to earn our right to play, work extremely hard off the ball, put them under pressure if we want to see any of the ball. Origi may be an inferior talent but it's so obvious we'll need somebody upfront to throw himself about a bit and force their CBs to rush their passes.

I've agreed with everyone of your posts I've seen in the past 2 weeks. The world can not be right.

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2017, 10:38:08 pm »
I think as some have posted Origi may be the best option on the left of the front 3. Only problem is he dones track back as much as others and Milner will be needing help particularly if they put Rashford on that side and Mkhitaryan has a burst of pace about him too.

Big game for the fullbacks at the weekend for sure. Biggest concern is our ability to keep possession recently. We'll need to get our passing together to keep them from getting on the front foot as they'll go for the jugular early and then try and shut up shop in typical Mourinho fashion.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2017, 10:38:20 pm »
Pointless bringing tonight in to it, we lost at Burnley then what happened in our tougher away games at Tottenham and Chelsea? It's a completely different game.
You said if the game officiated ok we would be fine hence my statement.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2017, 10:40:23 pm »

Nah, it was their turn to have the referee tonight, that's why they won. We just didn't offer a good enough bribe, whilst they did. ;D

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2017, 10:40:42 pm »

And we will be fine. Southampton is irrelevant, we wont perform at such a shitty intensity in a game this big, the comparison is pointless.

I know confidence doesn't go down well with you and a few others who chase me around here but I think we'll do them if Oliver behaves, I may be wrong, hopefully I'm not. Sue me!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 10:42:55 pm by pyroparty »

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2017, 10:42:38 pm »
This game hinges on the performances of Carrick, Matip and whichever of Rojo or Smalling plays. If youse can press the shite out of Carrick and he has a bad game it's likely you will win, whereas if he plays well, usually we go and win the game. I hope Rojo plays, I don't trust Smalling this season.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2017, 10:43:23 pm »
I know confidence doesn't go down well with you and a few others who chase me around here but I think we'll do them if Oliver behaves, I may be wrong, hopefully I'm not. Sue me!

"I know confidence doesn't go down well with you"
"I think we'll do them if Oliver behaves"

You'll probably just post your standard reply to me, but you seem even less confident than even the most negative posters here. You seem to think that every United win is due to the referee helping them, and our only chance is if Oliver hasn't been bribed or something.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2017, 10:44:34 pm »
This game hinges on the performances of Carrick, Matip and whichever of Rojo or Smalling plays. If youse can press the shite out of Carrick and he has a bad game it's likely you will win, whereas if he plays well, usually we go and win the game. I hope Rojo plays, I don't trust Smalling this season.

Hey, do us a favour and tell us what Mourinho is offering Oliver for his "services" on Sunday, beating that offer is our only chance!  ::) :lmao

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2017, 10:45:26 pm »

I will make a bold prediction. Whoever scores the most goals will win the game Sunday.  ;)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2017, 10:45:33 pm »
And we will be fine. Southampton is irrelevant, we wont perform at such a shitty intensity in a game this bad, the comparison is pointless.

Not sure where you get the statement re confidence from, however you do post some rubbish at times sorry most of the time. By the way it would not be worth the costs to sue you my friend grow up.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2017, 10:46:27 pm »
I will make a bold prediction. Whoever scores the most goals will win the game Sunday.  ;)
A certain poster on here thinks it is down to the ref !

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2017, 10:47:02 pm »
United's set up isn't that much different from City's. 2 wide forwards in Mkhitaryan +Rashford/Martial similar to KDB and Sterling, Pogba doing the passing job like Silva. The slight difference is that United uses a target man in Zlatan. If we can bring our City game into this, we can win it 100%.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2017, 10:47:30 pm »

Thank you, Michael. ;D

(hopefully the shadowy Illuminati-like cabal that meets in that one really dark, smoky room in the FA headquarters is out playing golf on Sunday or something  ::) :D)

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2017, 10:47:42 pm »

We given up pressing.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2017, 10:47:43 pm »
Luckily Howard Webb has retired though.  :-X

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2017, 10:48:21 pm »
Thank you, Michael. ;D

(hopefully the shadowy Illuminati-like cabal that meets in that one really dark, smoky room in the FA headquarters is out playing golf on Sunday or something  ::) :D)

Damn I have given myself away so easily.  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2017, 10:49:23 pm »
Hey, do us a favour and tell us what Mourinho is offering Oliver for his "services" on Sunday, beating that offer is our only chance!  ::) :lmao

It's a pretty grim state of affairs siding with a Manc to try and further some petty little thing you've got going with a red, give it a rest eh? They've had six offside goals in their last four home games and goodness knows how many reds given incorrectly/not given. It's hardly tin foil hat stuff to suggest officials have had influence for them recently.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2017, 10:49:33 pm »
Fucking thoughts of this now
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: January 11, 2017, 10:49:53 pm »
"I know confidence doesn't go down well with you"
"I think we'll do them if Oliver behaves"

You'll probably just post your standard reply to me, but you seem even less confident than even the most negative posters here. You seem to think that every United win is due to the referee helping them, and our only chance is if Oliver hasn't been bribed or something.

:wellin :wellin :wellin

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2017, 10:52:34 pm »
Fucking thoughts of this now

We can bounce back from this defeat on Sunday, and doing it at that place sounds pretty good to me!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: January 11, 2017, 10:52:41 pm »
It's a pretty grim state of affairs siding with a Manc to try and further some petty little thing you've got going with a red, give it a rest eh? They've had six offside goals in their last four home games and goodness knows how many reds given incorrectly/not given. It's hardly tin foil hat stuff to suggest officials have had influence for them recently.

Since their manager is now Mourinho it probably shouldn't be a surprise either. He is very good at loading the pressure, on the man in the middle.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #182 on: January 11, 2017, 10:53:32 pm »
We can bounce back from this defeat on Sunday, and doing it at that place sounds pretty good to me!
I know mate but tonight isn't exactly encouraging. Hoping Klopp can get them going before Sunday. These lot will be baying for blood.

“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: January 11, 2017, 11:02:37 pm »
Will never be confident going to OT no matter what the circumstance, would happily take a draw if offered before the game to be honest.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: January 11, 2017, 11:04:05 pm »
Will never be confident going to OT no matter what the circumstance, would happily take a draw if offered before the game to be honest.

Why are you never confident, its not like we've never beaten them at OT before.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #185 on: January 11, 2017, 11:05:44 pm »
The lads will fly at these after tonight's performance.

Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #186 on: January 11, 2017, 11:08:14 pm »
So what do we think? Desperately need Hendo back.  Either way I think we need to play Lallana in midfield. Front three all have question marks for one reason or another. By hook or by crook I think I'd have Phil,  Origi and Firmino.

Ar the back I doubt Matip will be ready, if he isn't then same back four as tonight, hopefully without the brain farts.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #187 on: January 11, 2017, 11:10:49 pm »
Only chance of getting anything from this is Matip and somehow Mane starting, get him on a private jet back to Manchester ASAP.

If Senegal get knocked out from the competition during that time... well fuck it, this fixture is bigger than the whole cup of nations.
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: January 11, 2017, 11:13:53 pm »
Only chance of getting anything from this is Matip and somehow Mane starting, get him on a private jet back to Manchester ASAP.

If Senegal get knocked out from the competition during that time... well fuck it, this fixture is bigger than the whole cup of nations.

So unless Senegal get kicked out before the competition barely starts, we've got no chance?

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: January 11, 2017, 11:16:01 pm »

Still got more than enough without Mane. Could do with Matip back though, think he's the type who can still stroll through games without a problem even if he's not 100%. No dodgy pens or reds for them from Oliver, or their now usual offside goal and we'll be fine.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: January 11, 2017, 11:16:48 pm »
If we find ourselves chasing the game I would like to see Klopp put Moreno at LB and try Milner wide on the right.

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #191 on: January 11, 2017, 11:30:31 pm »
We given up pressing.
I wouldn't be down based on tonight. Liverpool have a thin squad, that's all tonight showed for me. You will be a different proposition altogether with Henderson, Matip and Coutinho from the start. And getting Sturridge out of the team wouldn't harm your prospects either based on tonight's showing.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #192 on: January 11, 2017, 11:40:00 pm »
So what do we think? Desperately need Hendo back.  Either way I think we need to play Lallana in midfield. Front three all have question marks for one reason or another. By hook or by crook I think I'd have Phil,  Origi and Firmino.

Ar the back I doubt Matip will be ready, if he isn't then same back four as tonight, hopefully without the brain farts.

Yup. Think it will be Divock, Bob and Phil as a top three with Gini, Hendo and Lallana as our midfield. I think Hendo will be good to go and will obviously be essential to us getting a result here. Can is massively under form and is too big a risk to start for mine. It will be a game of small margins and brain farts will cost either team the game and suffice to say, Can could well be prone to a few of those the way he's performing at the moment.

I'm not too concerned about overall form if I'm honest. United have played mediocre in the lead up to the corresponding fixtures against us, yet still managed something from each game, except the first leg in the Europa league last season. Why can't we do the same?  If our mentally is as good as we think it is, then we should be able to weather the storm. They've been playing well without being outstanding and barring the Spurs match have had a pretty easy run of games.

It's always a game of fine margins. Always. We need to keep our nerve and get the one percenters right. Stifling Carrick in midfield will determine the result for mine. 

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: January 11, 2017, 11:46:24 pm »
Mourinho isn't popular but he will have a plan to frustrate us, it's what he's good at. It won't be pretty and I hope we can be pragmatic going into this one.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #194 on: January 11, 2017, 11:49:59 pm »
Mourinho isn't popular but he will have a plan to frustrate us, it's what he's good at. It won't be pretty and I hope we can be pragmatic going into this one.

I agree with you. He'll be happy not to force it and expect us to make a mistake. Hope to God we stay switched on.

An early goal for them and they'll be playing like Southampton tonight.

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #195 on: January 11, 2017, 11:54:44 pm »
I wouldn't be down based on tonight. Liverpool have a thin squad, that's all tonight showed for me. You will be a different proposition altogether with Henderson, Matip and Coutinho from the start. And getting Sturridge out of the team wouldn't harm your prospects either based on tonight's showing.

Matip is highly unlikely to be fit enough to start, sadly. Jurgen is very cautious with players coming back from injury. Tends to ease them back into the side. Big miss for us. We'll be better than tonight though, simply by putting Firmino back in the middle, where he can lead the pressing. Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana in the front 3, probably. Hard to predict this game as we don't know which Liverpool is going to show up...the gegenpressing machine that's beaten City, Chelsea and Arsenal or the pale, listless imitation we saw tonight.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: January 12, 2017, 12:08:21 am »
I agree with you. He'll be happy not to force it and expect us to make a mistake. Hope to God we stay switched on.

An early goal for them and they'll be playing like Southampton tonight.

Oh without a doubt. He'll know we have a mistake or two in us and they have 3 or 4 players who can punish those mistakes. On top of that he has a world class GK who can bail them out. It's not our responsibility to be the "entertainers" in this one, even if that's how we want to play.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: January 12, 2017, 12:10:04 am »
Why are you never confident, its not like we've never beaten them at OT before.

We have but it rarely happens and we pretty much never play well there (moyes season and Rafa's 4-1 not withstanding.)

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #198 on: January 12, 2017, 12:11:58 am »
Origi Sturridge and Coutinho up front, Winalj Lallana and Can midfield (although I'd probably prefer Stewart over Can).

Coutinho back is massive.

If Firmino starts this it won't be based on form.

I guarantee you Firmino will start through the middle and rightly so

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #199 on: January 12, 2017, 12:15:25 am »
Can is a big liability.

He will play on Sunday tho I reckon. One of Lallana or Wijnaldum pushing into front 3.