Author Topic: Manchester Utd vs Liverpool Prematch thread (Sun Jan 15, 4pm)  (Read 85653 times)

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
Re: Manchester Utd vs Liverpool Prematch thread (Sun Jan 15, 4pm)
« Reply #360 on: January 13, 2017, 09:09:29 am »
"now having a chance to draw level with Liverpool on points should they win."

Maybe this has been pointed out over the course of 10 pages, but they will close the gap to 2 points should they win.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: January 13, 2017, 09:10:58 am »
I like how the coaches are keeping the cards close to their chests with this one, no news as of yet on who's ready to start from that recovery list. Let's blow these fuckers off their shitty park!

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: January 13, 2017, 09:11:40 am »
We'll be fine with Henderson and Coutinho back. Might be a game too soon for Matip, but hopefully he can start but I know it's unlikely.

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: January 13, 2017, 09:18:48 am »
What's with the defeatist attitude from people? Sure, United are an opponent that should be respected, but not feared. We have enough quality to win. Of course, we can lose too, but why are people "scared"?

Yes, we can play better than we have, but we haven't been poor by any stretch of the imagination, except the game on Wednesday. Yes, United are on a good run, but many of their performances have left quite a bit to be desired. Struggled at home v Boro, and were rather mediocre v Hull in the cup too. So I'd say in terms of form, the teams are evenly matched right now.

Having Henderson and Coutinho back is a huge boost, both in terms of quality and in terms of a boost mentally for the players. Too bad Matip won't start, but Henderson should do a better job of shielding Lovren/Klavan than Lucas did v Southampton (how he got an 8 from the Echo is a mystery).

Klopp is 3 2 0 v the top teams, and we usually raise our game on big occasions.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #364 on: January 13, 2017, 09:25:31 am »
"now having a chance to draw level with Liverpool on points should they win."

Maybe this has been pointed out over the course of 10 pages, but they will close the gap to 2 points should they win.

Also, if we win we go 8 points ahead of them and make it really difficult for them to get Top 4. It's a massive opportunity for us to dent their season massively.

A lot of people are being a bunch of fannies in this thread. We probably aren't going to go there and walk away with an easy 3-0 win. On the other hand, we have nothing to fear. Someone talking of a postponement being favourable. Fuck me! We are 2nd in the league. We should go there without fear.

Also can people fuck off with this shite form thing. We've drawn against Sunderland (less than 48 hours after playing City), our U23s drew in the FA Cup and we got beat by Southampton. Before that we won 4 on the bounce including Everton away and City at home. In reality the 1st team have had one poor game and that was on Wednesday night. But according to some 'Jurgen needs to sort it out'. Once Coutinho, Matip and Henderson are fit we'll be a much better proposition. For what those players add and the ability to get Lallana back in midfield etc..

Our fans are the biggest bunch of crying c*nts going. We have the smallest hint of poor form and people are pissing their pants about playing United. We lose one player in Mane and people are desperate for us to sign anyone. Loads of you where the same in the summer. Crying about Milner at left back. Crying about Henderson as DM. Crying about Wijnaldum for 25M. Crying that Top4 was out of reach when we lost at Burnley. Basically being crying twats all the time. Know it all crying arse twats who think they know more than the manager.

Fast forward 5 months we are bang in the title race and in the SF of a domestic cup.So stop the fuckkng cry arsing about everything when something goes slightly wrong. Get behind the team, trust Klopp knows more than you and let's twat these c*nts from down the M62.

Come on RedMen!
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: January 13, 2017, 09:30:59 am »
Also, if we win we go 8 points ahead of them and make it really difficult for them to get Top 4. It's a massive opportunity for us to dent their season massively.

A lot of people are being a bunch of fannies in this thread. We probably aren't going to go there and walk away with an easy 3-0 win. On the other hand, we have nothing to fear. Someone talking of a postponement being favourable. Fuck me! We are 2nd in the league. We should go there without fear.

Also can people fuck off with this shite form thing. We've drawn against Sunderland (less than 48 hours after playing City), our U23s drew in the FA Cup and we got beat by Southampton. Before that we won 4 on the bounce including Everton away and City at home. In reality the 1st team have had one poor game and that was on Wednesday night. But according to some 'Jurgen needs to sort it out'. Once Coutinho, Matip and Henderson are fit we'll be a much better proposition. For what those players add and the ability to get Lallana back in midfield etc..

Our fans are the biggest bunch of crying c*nts going. We have the smallest hint of poor form and people are pissing their pants about playing United. We lose one player in Mane and people are desperate for us to sign anyone. Loads of you where the same in the summer. Crying about Milner at left back. Crying about Henderson as DM. Crying about Wijnaldum for 25M. Crying that Top4 was out of reach when we lost at Burnley. Basically being crying twats all the time. Know it all crying arse twats who think they know more than the manager.

Fast forward 5 months we are bang in the title race and in the SF of a domestic cup.So stop the fuckkng cry arsing about everything when something goes slightly wrong. Get behind the team, trust Klopp knows more than you and let's twat these c*nts from down the M62.

Come on RedMen!

Agree. Like I said in my other post, we have played better than our results show lately, barring Southampton, and United have played worse than their results say. It's an evenly match battle as things stand.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #366 on: January 13, 2017, 09:33:52 am »
i dreamed we won seven nil.

I dreamt of a few results last night. Dreamt we lost 2-1. Dreamt we won 3-0 and dreamt we won 2-1.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #367 on: January 13, 2017, 09:40:27 am »
Agree. Like I said in my other post, we have played better than our results show lately, barring Southampton, and United have played worse than their results say. It's an evenly match battle as things stand.

Your post had a bit less swearing and insults though!

I just find it really difficult to get my head round some people. We haven't played brilliantly the last few games. But are people expecting that we'll go through the season without any blips? That we'll go through the season without our squad being stretched. Are people basically expecting we'll win every week?

That's what it comes across like. If we'd lost 4 on the bounce or hadn't won in 4 or 5 league games and were languishing in 7th or 8th, then I could understand the anguish. We are 2nd. We've got a boss manager in charge. Someone who does things his own way. Someone who has transformed the club. We are in the best position the club has been for a long, long time.

Yet despite this, a significant proportion of our fanbase go into meltdown at the 1st sign of a wobble. When the team has injuries or has the odd bad result, they need the fans behind them. That's what a supporter does. This is not about blind support. This is not about the players/manager being beyond criticism. This is about context and magnitude of the criticism being disproportionate to the situation. Basically it's about why some of our 'supporters' are cry arse fannies at the first sign of any adversity. And why they don't trust the manager.

That's what it comes across like at least.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #368 on: January 13, 2017, 09:43:34 am »
We'll be fine with Henderson and Coutinho back. Might be a game too soon for Matip, but hopefully he can start but I know it's unlikely.

How certain is it that Hendo is back?
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #369 on: January 13, 2017, 09:44:31 am »

Absolutely. Like I said earlier in the thread. With the exception of the Europa League tie, it was United over the last couple of years who demonstrated horse piss form in the lead up to these games. We all know what happened then.

All told, form means fuck all in these matches and it's the fine margins and one per centres which ultimately decide who prevails. Brain farts strictly prohibited.

Should we get back Matip (our best defender), Henderson (arguably our most important player), and Coutinho (undoubtedly our best player) then it will be a massive boost for the team.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #370 on: January 13, 2017, 09:49:24 am »
Your post had a bit less swearing and insults though!

I just find it really difficult to get my head round some people. We haven't played brilliantly the last few games. But are people expecting that we'll go through the season without any blips? That we'll go through the season without our squad being stretched. Are people basically expecting we'll win every week?

That's what it comes across like. If we'd lost 4 on the bounce or hadn't won in 4 or 5 league games and were languishing in 7th or 8th, then I could understand the anguish. We are 2nd. We've got a boss manager in charge. Someone who does things his own way. Someone who has transformed the club. We are in the best position the club has been for a long, long time.

Yet despite this, a significant proportion of our fanbase go into meltdown at the 1st sign of a wobble. When the team has injuries or has the odd bad result, they need the fans behind them. That's what a supporter does. This is not about blind support. This is not about the players/manager being beyond criticism. This is about context and magnitude of the criticism being disproportionate to the situation. Basically it's about why some of our 'supporters' are cry arse fannies at the first sign of any adversity. And why they don't trust the manager.

That's what it comes across like at least.

I agree with this.

Even if we lose to United we should not throw our toys out of the pram.  We'll still be ahead of them, we'll still be in two cups and a strong position in the league table.

Klopp has raised expectations, that is a sign that we're doing well. 

We have a very good chance on the weekend.  Boosted with the return of Coutinho, Henderson and possibly Matip.

I think Man U have been quite lucky with some of their results recently.  Rojo should have been send off twice, they've had a few offside goals as well, which have helped them. 

We are a better team, have a better manager, are in a better position in the league (they need to win this more than we do if they want to finish above us).  We should have nothing to fear.  We should also expect a reaction from the team after the mid week performance, Klopp has said as much.  Let's play well, hopefully win and forget about Man U and focus on trying to catch Chelsea.  We might not get the result we want, but we are capable of doing so, so let's focus on doing that!

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: January 13, 2017, 09:50:09 am »
Lets get tore in right from the start, but not lose our heads.
We all know what will happen if Utd score first, they will start laying down, taking ages for free kicks, silly niggly fouls in our half. That is Mourinho's teams speciality after all.
Obvious to say, but if we score first, it could be a brilliant game. For once I hope De Gea and Mata don't have their usual great performances against us.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #372 on: January 13, 2017, 09:52:07 am »
Our fans are the biggest bunch of crying c*nts going.

Pains me to say it but you're probably right
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: January 13, 2017, 09:55:08 am »
How certain is it that Hendo is back?

He trained yesterday so will probably start

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #374 on: January 13, 2017, 10:03:38 am »
May as well not turn up listening to some c*nts...

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #375 on: January 13, 2017, 10:06:05 am »
With all the doom and gloom of the last week or so it shouldn't be forgotten that we have taken 13 points from last 15 available in the league. We are still actually in very good form league wise, its only because we have been playing a reserve side in the fa cup and missing a fair few first team players in the league cup that we had a couple of iffy performances. Not worried for Sunday, think we will beat them comfortably.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 10:20:37 am by Souness1 »

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #376 on: January 13, 2017, 10:16:52 am »
They have far more to lose than us.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #377 on: January 13, 2017, 10:22:42 am »
BRING THESE c*nts ON!! AHHHHH!

*paints face with warpaint*

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #378 on: January 13, 2017, 10:24:53 am »
He trained yesterday so will probably start

Good stuff mate.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: January 13, 2017, 10:32:03 am »
Rather than shit myself, I'm starting to grow in confidence. If Coutinho, Henderson and Matip play, I think we'll do these.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #380 on: January 13, 2017, 10:44:41 am »
Dreamt last night that we equalized in the last minute to make it 2-2! Only trouble is .... it was Gerrard who scored
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #381 on: January 13, 2017, 10:48:21 am »
Rather than shit myself, I'm starting to grow in confidence. If Coutinho, Henderson and Matip play, I think we'll do these.

Agree. We've been the team going into this match as the favourite for the last three years only to shit the bed in several different shades. I'm at ease with the underdog tag. There's no pressure on us. They've got it all to lose. At home and revived under the biggest c*nt in football. Let's bring them down a peg or two, I say.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #382 on: January 13, 2017, 11:05:30 am »
Dreamt last night that we equalized in the last minute to make it 2-2! Only trouble is .... it was Gerrard who scored

He is injured .....hasn't trained

Offline Kop 81

• Spineless.
  • Kopite
  • We've got KLOPP!
« Reply #383 on: January 13, 2017, 11:28:22 am »
Will take a draw right now.  Man U are in amazing form and we have injuries I think.

Not looking forward to this.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #384 on: January 13, 2017, 11:30:52 am »
Will take a draw right now.  Man U are in amazing form and we have injuries I think.

And we've won 4 of our last 5 league games and beaten City home, Chelsea away and Arsenal away already this season.

Fucking 'Man U'!
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: January 13, 2017, 11:31:06 am »

Amazing form? That's massively pushing it. They've not been blowing away teams left, right and centre.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: January 13, 2017, 11:32:45 am »

It will be an absolute honour for our shitty team just to share the pitch with their amazing players. Hopefully we can do what Plymouth did to us.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: January 13, 2017, 11:45:54 am »
Massive match. Lose this one and it could all unravel. Win it and it will probably mean we are serious contenders.

Of course it could be a draw, but I can't see it with them being in great form they should go for it if they want to be serious. That should suit us better anyway. Very interesting.

Offline Lustig

• Kopite
« Reply #388 on: January 13, 2017, 11:47:24 am »
United are the definition of bang average. Even in their so called "great" run they've been average. Their only chance of winning the game is to sit back and

hit us on the break or from a set piece. Their delusions that they can attack us from the first minute will suit us to the ground.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #389 on: January 13, 2017, 11:58:05 am »
Phil babb doesn't we will be able to cope with zlatan .....If babb was playing I might agree with him

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: January 13, 2017, 12:12:12 pm »
It will be an absolute honour for our shitty team just to share the pitch with their amazing players. Hopefully we can do what Plymouth did to us.
Pyroparty has gone full superfan
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: January 13, 2017, 12:13:15 pm »
Pyroparty has gone full superfan

All day over the full miserable armchair fan like yourself.  ;)

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: January 13, 2017, 12:17:35 pm »

I think Man U have been quite lucky with some of their results recently.  Rojo should have been send off twice, they've had a few offside goals as well, which have helped them. 

An admirably equitable observation on their form, I'd not manage that without swearing to excess.

And another truth is that without those small gifts they've received their current run of form would be average at best, very possibly worse.

Looking forward to passing them to pieces on Sunday.

Come On Redmen!!!
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #393 on: January 13, 2017, 12:18:23 pm »
It's the kind of game klopp's Liverpool love to be fair. We've looked shit as of late but I expect a huge response

It's funny though, those moaning about the defeatist attitude will be the same people sticking the knife in during the half time and full time threads

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: January 13, 2017, 12:22:44 pm »
All day over the full miserable armchair fan like yourself.  ;)
I don't even like armchairs that much
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: January 13, 2017, 12:25:08 pm »
It makes me laugh that all of sudden they have become world beaters and we are going into some kind of lions den to get beaten. At the end of the day it is only 3 points, however a win for them could be very damaging for us and I hate to say put them in a very strong position.
Over the years this great club have gone into many lions den's home and abroad and come out unscathed. I hope we can come out unscathed on Sunday yet again.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #396 on: January 13, 2017, 12:33:13 pm »

Would you take a draw? Like you say, you lot are in good form at the moment. Seems a bit defeatist that you'd take a draw in a home game after winning 8 on the bounce.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: January 13, 2017, 12:34:43 pm »

Me too. I was at St Marys and it was a horror show.  Have also been in the Southampton post-match thread and was depressing myself even more until i read one particular post.

The poster said something along the lines of "maybe the players had one eye on Utd on Sunday"

Fuck it, yes! I exited that thread straight away and won't be going back.  I don't care if it's bollocks but I'm buying it and won't be persuaded otherwise.

SO happy Phil got that 30 minutes on Wednesday and I see a MOTM performance coming up.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #398 on: January 13, 2017, 12:45:31 pm »
I'm not worried about this game at all, we're in Great form league wise, probably the most gifted team as a whole we've taken to old trafford since the 80s. 3-1 I'm thinking.
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: January 13, 2017, 12:56:14 pm »
Hopefully Henderson and Matip are back. I'd like a midfield of Lallana, Henderson and Wijnaldum and a front three of Origi, Firmino and Coutinho. I'd play Origi down the right to replicate Mane's pace and have Firmino in the middle because he's much better there than out wide.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A