Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 226593 times)

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #640 on: October 9, 2019, 04:36:33 pm »
I have never had a passport and don't have a photo license.
How do I prove my identity lol

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Not sure you have any option but applying for one, which is pretty shitty for younger kids / people that don't travel imo.

Can be a citizen or identity card too.
YNWA.

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #641 on: October 9, 2019, 04:37:04 pm »

Get a provisional license.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #642 on: October 9, 2019, 04:37:20 pm »
Then you can't.

How come you still have a paper driving license?

You're not even allowed a paper license anymore and don't you get a huge fine if you haven't upgraded?

Offline Lfcameron7

• Anny Roader
  • Na na na Liverpool, Liverpool na na na
« Reply #643 on: October 9, 2019, 04:38:07 pm »
This literally has no affect unless they are making stricter checks at the turnstiles. If they aren’t then this is literally pointless. Touts with multiple cards can get around this easily.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: October 9, 2019, 04:39:09 pm »
This literally has no affect unless they are making stricter checks at the turnstiles. If they aren’t then this is literally pointless. Touts with multiple cards can get around this easily.

The card won't work unless verified

So unless the touts start getting fake passports for all the names they've made up, then it should do

Offline Lfcameron7

• Anny Roader
  • Na na na Liverpool, Liverpool na na na
« Reply #645 on: October 9, 2019, 04:40:16 pm »
The card won't work unless verified

So unless the touts start getting fake passports for all the names they've made up, then it should do

Or they could just change the names to family members/mates names and then get their ID to verify the card

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: October 9, 2019, 04:40:52 pm »
Then you can't.

How come you still have a paper driving license?
quite easy to still have a paper license if you have never moved or had any driving convictions since the change to photo license there is no need to change the paper one i think

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #647 on: October 9, 2019, 04:43:43 pm »
quite easy to still have a paper license if you have never moved or had any driving convictions since the change to photo license there is no need to change the paper one i think

Ah fair enough, I thought they'd been phased out

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: October 9, 2019, 04:45:05 pm »
Or they could just change the names to family members/mates names and then get their ID to verify the card

Then they will be starting from scratch if they have 13+ credits though.

It's to eliminate all the fake names already there. They won't be allowing name changes to existing memberships

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: October 9, 2019, 04:48:51 pm »

It's to eliminate all the fake names already there. They won't be allowing name changes to existing memberships

Read the FAQs again mate. Before the fan update you have a one off chance to update name/details. No option afterwards.
YNWA.

Offline hawkwind

• Anny Roader
« Reply #650 on: October 9, 2019, 04:50:18 pm »
You're not even allowed a paper license anymore and don't you get a huge fine if you haven't upgraded?
No mate I'm on the old grandad license, no legal requirement to change it.
Doubt there would be enough time anyway to get a passport or change the license even if I wanted to.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #651 on: October 9, 2019, 04:50:45 pm »
Read the FAQs again mate. Before the fan update you have a one off chance to update name/details. No option afterwards.
Not sure about this, gives touts a chance to get around this

Offline arhey

• Main Stander
« Reply #652 on: October 9, 2019, 04:51:23 pm »

From the FAQs

I want to transfer my Membership or the Membership I am using belongs to someone else; what can I do?
The Club will offer supporters a one-off opportunity to update the details of an Official Membership or Season Ticket. Please contact the Club via the contact us form supplied here and we will be in touch with next steps.

Doubt they'll lose the credits as they'll be lots of moaning.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #653 on: October 9, 2019, 04:52:52 pm »
Good news. In theory could get rid of the touts who've used random names but they'll just use the one-off name change to someone that does exist and can verify. Also, I'm assuming fake IDs would work? They've given a fair amount of notice for touts to get contingencies in place.

What about hospitality seasies? Know someone with a couple and the names are literally Joe Bloggs 1, Joe Bloggs 2 lol

The software we saw was quite intuitive - it could see the difference between a fake and real driving licence.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #654 on: October 9, 2019, 04:53:21 pm »
From the FAQs

I have more than one Official Membership in my name - what do I have to do during the Fan Update process?
Our terms and conditions of membership state that members should only have one membership account in their name. Therefore, it will not be possible to have more than one membership account, whether this is an Official Membership, Season Ticket or other account, with the same details. Should you have more than one Official Membership, Season Ticket or other account in your name, then we will offer you this one-off chance to update those accounts with another supporter’s details.

Be interesting how this works with all the STH not in the person's name etc
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: October 9, 2019, 04:54:15 pm »
The software we saw was quite intuitive - it could see the difference between a fake and real driving licence.

Pretty cool! I would imagine the system is smart enough to notice someone changing a load of names/addresses anyway and flagging those. Would be quite simple to filter a few for further consideration.
YNWA.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: October 9, 2019, 04:54:17 pm »
Any thoughts on how this will work? Presumably we’re going to be asked to send/upload photos of drivers licence/passport etc. for verification?

There will be  link to a verification section on the LFC website.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: October 9, 2019, 04:55:26 pm »
So, basically after November you won't be able to access the ground with your card unless you have verified yourself?

You own't be able to take part in the November sale if you are not verified.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: October 9, 2019, 04:57:12 pm »

You'll have to get a qualifying piece of ID.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #659 on: October 9, 2019, 04:57:43 pm »
Be interesting to see how it all works out. I'm on 11 so won't be required to do this yet but more than happy to do so down the line. Also you can share tickets with mates still - I guess in future you'll just assign the ticket to them before they go in advance - would barely take 5-10 minutes. As I only sell to mates and don't tout tickets I wouldn't have an issue doing that in advance - if anything it covers me if anyone gets stopped on my card because their details will match in advance what's on the website.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline hawkwind

• Anny Roader
« Reply #660 on: October 9, 2019, 04:57:56 pm »
Graham, how can I provide identity when I don't have a passport or photo license?
Edit:just seen your answer, what would be a qualifying I'd?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: October 9, 2019, 04:59:10 pm »

Just seen it.

That renders the whole exercise pointless then.

Also,

I share my Official Membership or Season Ticket with another supporter, can I still do this?
The Club recognises that this happens, and we are working with the Fans Forum to formalise an official, online friends and family function that will allow supporters to do this safely and for the Club to always understand who is attending. Until this is in place, we will continue with the current processes.

How are people allowed to share memberships? The club don't half make it easy for people to take the piss

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: October 9, 2019, 04:59:48 pm »
From the FAQs

I have more than one Official Membership in my name - what do I have to do during the Fan Update process?
Our terms and conditions of membership state that members should only have one membership account in their name. Therefore, it will not be possible to have more than one membership account, whether this is an Official Membership, Season Ticket or other account, with the same details. Should you have more than one Official Membership, Season Ticket or other account in your name, then we will offer you this one-off chance to update those accounts with another supporter’s details.

Be interesting how this works with all the STH not in the person's name etc

They will go through the same process but later (hospitality and corporates will be included too).

You can keep one ST in your name but any others will have to go in the name of the current primary user.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #663 on: October 9, 2019, 05:01:10 pm »
Would people with lapsed memberships have to do the updates with the ID now, or only when they bought a new membership? Sorry if that sounds an obvious question but seeing as they're actually in the system currently.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #664 on: October 9, 2019, 05:01:28 pm »
That's how I read it as well but looking at the online form it just asks if the DOB or name isn't spelt right. We have a couple of lads who use the same card and the name on the card is the one who doesn't go as much.
The cynic in me is worried that it they do apply to change the name once you have identified the card as being used by another person they will cancel it or if will get flagged and end up getting checked going in the ground???

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: October 9, 2019, 05:01:57 pm »
Graham, how can I provide identity when I don't have a passport or photo license?
Edit:just seen your answer, what would be a qualifying I'd?

https://faq.liverpoolfc.com/portal/kb/articles/i-don-t-have-any-of-the-valid-id-documents-required-for-fan-update-what-do-i-do

Unfortunately, you can’t complete the verification process without a valid photo ID. The forms that we accept are: driving license, passport or identity/citizen card. Should you have any issues with this please contact us.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #666 on: October 9, 2019, 05:02:28 pm »
All seems good in theory but wouldn't the summer rather than mid-season have been a good time to get it all sorted?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: October 9, 2019, 05:02:37 pm »
You own't be able to take part in the November sale if you are not verified.

And what about the individual late members sale post bulk sale?

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #668 on: October 9, 2019, 05:02:46 pm »
Be interesting to see how it all works out. I'm on 11 so won't be required to do this yet but more than happy to do so down the line. Also you can share tickets with mates still - I guess in future you'll just assign the ticket to them before they go in advance - would barely take 5-10 minutes. As I only sell to mates and don't tout tickets I wouldn't have an issue doing that in advance - if anything it covers me if anyone gets stopped on my card because their details will match in advance what's on the website.

I read it as those on 13+ would be first but the rest of us will follow shortly after, I assumed before Nov bulk sale but perhaps misunderstood?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #669 on: October 9, 2019, 05:02:46 pm »
You'll have to get a qualifying piece of ID.
Hi Graham, my mate is using my card for Arsenal as I’m away that week. Is this now illegal?
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #670 on: October 9, 2019, 05:03:02 pm »
I share my Official Membership or Season Ticket with another supporter, can I still do this?
The Club recognises that this happens, and we are working with the Fans Forum to formalise an official, online friends and family function that will allow supporters to do this safely and for the Club to always understand who is attending. Until this is in place, we will continue with the current processes.

How are people allowed to share memberships? The club don't half make it easy for people to take the piss

Sharing of games for members and season tickets has been going on for ages. Especially with the way you buy up front for a season ticket, or buy up front twice a year for the bulk sales. No-one is particularly bothered if a group of four mates share a couple of tickets for the season are they? At least this way, for each game they can just say who is going - I imagine though that the credits would move across?

Offline arhey

• Main Stander
« Reply #671 on: October 9, 2019, 05:03:29 pm »
feels like it's going to be a two stage process to me.

1. Sort out correct names on all the cards.

2 Once that's all done then spot checks at turnstiles and if you don't match the card or haven't been nominated then bye bye card.

I'm guessing the spot checks carried out so far haven't been successful because people can make up a variety of excuses as to why it's not their name on the card - after this, they won't be able to

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #672 on: October 9, 2019, 05:04:17 pm »
There will be  link to a verification section on the LFC website.
Thank you for your and others work on this it sounds like a step in the right direction. Hope it works as intended and is appreciated
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: October 9, 2019, 05:04:26 pm »
That's how I read it as well but looking at the online form it just asks if the DOB or name isn't spelt right. We have a couple of lads who use the same card and the name on the card is the one who doesn't go as much.
The cynic in me is worried that it they do apply to change the name once you have identified the card as being used by another person they will cancel it or if will get flagged and end up getting checked going in the ground???

There's about 15 of us use 4 cards. Bit annoying we will be weeded out eventually because they can't properly crack down on the real touts.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline bono1712

• Kopite
  • "Shankly is our hero he showed us how to play"
« Reply #674 on: October 9, 2019, 05:04:56 pm »
They don't. They have loads of different names. The club are trying to make sure that these are real people by getting us to verify we are who we say we are. Takes out the fake names and the duplicate names then.

It won't affect that.

It won't affect that.
Why won't it affect it?
@bono1712

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: October 9, 2019, 05:05:34 pm »
I don't get how people could have multiple cards in the same name anyway?
They don't.
They do, loads of people have got at least 2 cards in one name and I know a couple who have got many more - over 5. These will have been held for a long time though, probably 20 years or more.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #676 on: October 9, 2019, 05:06:17 pm »
Hi Graham, my mate is using my card for Arsenal as I’m away that week. Is this now illegal?

No.

And it wouldn't be moving forwards - it sounds like in future you'll be able to nominate your friend to go in your place through the website before the game. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd want him to have a membership if he doesn't already have one.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: October 9, 2019, 05:06:27 pm »
Sharing of games for members and season tickets has been going on for ages. Especially with the way you buy up front for a season ticket, or buy up front twice a year for the bulk sales. No-one is particularly bothered if a group of four mates share a couple of tickets for the season are they? At least this way, for each game they can just say who is going - I imagine though that the credits would move across?

I'm not bothered by it really, but technically it's cheating the system isn't it.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: October 9, 2019, 05:07:45 pm »
feels like it's going to be a two stage process to me.

1. Sort out correct names on all the cards.

2 Once that's all done then spot checks at turnstiles and if you don't match the card or haven't been nominated then bye bye card.

I'm guessing the spot checks carried out so far haven't been successful because people can make up a variety of excuses as to why it's not their name on the card - after this, they won't be able to

People will just start going to the ticket office beforehand, saying they've lost their card and getting a paper ticket with no name on to get round the spot checks.

Fucking shit loads of paper tickets getting used every match from what I see

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #679 on: October 9, 2019, 05:08:23 pm »
No.

And it wouldn't be moving forwards - it sounds like in future you'll be able to nominate your friend to go in your place through the website before the game. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd want him to have a membership if he doesn't already have one.
Thanks mate, he’s on my friends and family anyway so should be easy enough.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored