Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4154682 times)

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #61600 on: December 7, 2019, 11:16:28 pm »
Hard to call that one, reckon there would be some arguments after it though as i see it being one of those fights where a number of rounds could have been scored either way and we get some oddly wide scoring cards from judges resulting in shouts of corruption even though it's really just a case of those close rounds going in favour of the winner.

Yeah, if it's in the UK definitely. I think often the judges end up scoring shots that land on the arms or the gloves because the crowd get excited.

If it's in the Saudi library again that won't be an issue.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #61601 on: December 7, 2019, 11:25:31 pm »
Although I'm not a boxing fan I saw the guy who kept himself in shape won, surprise surprise  :wave Must be a huge relief for Joshua after what happened to him in summer. Anyone can have a bad day but class is permanent, especially when still in an athlete's prime.

That Ruiz showed up overweight was just silly. Clearly only there for the money which was a shame for everyone who paid to watch it.
Linudden.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61602 on: December 7, 2019, 11:42:58 pm »
the streams were decent so I enjoyed watching the fight tonight  :)

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #61603 on: December 8, 2019, 01:19:57 am »
 Fight Wilder now AJ and stop pissing about with bums. No more ducking big fights.

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #61604 on: December 8, 2019, 04:01:51 am »
Boring ass fight. Expected.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61605 on: December 8, 2019, 06:07:20 am »
Fast Eddie can stop sweating..Matchroom faced a 2 year Yank shut out in the Heavyweights if Ruiz had won

Natural fights now look like AJ v Whyte next...and Wilder v Ruiz is an easy make...Wilder v Fury..late February looks tight...

AJ v Pulev is as pointless as Wilder v Brezeale

Little chance of a unification in 2020...Wilder fought for two minutes in 51 weeks before Ortiz....
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61606 on: December 8, 2019, 06:15:17 am »
Fast Eddie can stop sweating..Matchroom faced a 2 year Yank shut out in the Heavyweights if Ruiz had won

Natural fights now look like AJ v Whyte next...and Wilder v Ruiz is an easy make...Wilder v Fury..late February looks tight...

AJ v Pulev is as pointless as Wilder v Brezeale

Little chance of a unification in 2020...Wilder fought for two minutes in 51 weeks before Ortiz....

Has to fight Pulev next. Hopefully that can be in march sometime

Online mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61607 on: December 8, 2019, 07:19:22 am »
AJ boxed the fight he should of first time round. He underestimated Ruiz last time out and corrected that mistake this time. Reminded me of Lewis vs Tua back in the day when Lewis jabbed his way to an easy UD.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61608 on: December 8, 2019, 07:59:24 am »
AJ loses to both Fury and Wilder.

He won't be fighting them anytime soon. He will duck them so much!

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61609 on: December 8, 2019, 08:04:44 am »
Has to fight Pulev next. Hopefully that can be in march sometime
Or Usyk who is now mandatory for WBO. 180 days to make the fight happen. Should be easy to make happen as both with Hearn.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-7768017/Anthony-Joshua-ORDERED-defend-WBO-title-against-Oleksandr-Usyk-win-against-Andy-Ruiz-Jr.html

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61610 on: December 8, 2019, 08:46:07 am »
Boxing organisations are a bunch of wankers. All of them.

Nobody cares about pulev.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61611 on: December 8, 2019, 08:53:22 am »
These mandatories can fuck off, who has Pulev ever beaten to deserve a shot?

Ruiz should never fight for a world title again. Most important fight of his career and he comes in fat as fuck and unprepared. Then has the nerve to call for a trilogy in Saudi, wonder why you want it over there ey? Looking to cash out early.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61612 on: December 8, 2019, 09:58:19 am »
Ruiz fought and trained as though he didn't think he belonged at this level. It is unforgivable to come in in this shape for the biggest fight you'll ever be in and as a champion to boot. For a guy you have already beaten no less.

He will go back to propping up undercards and pulling out of fights. Good riddance

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #61613 on: December 8, 2019, 10:10:20 am »
Job done by AJ last night, had the right game plan and stuck to it. Be interesting to see what happens with the mandatories with the IBF & WBO belts in the new year.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #61614 on: December 8, 2019, 10:27:24 am »

Khan AJ is a coward for ducking Brook Fury/Wilder, bloody cowardly coward.

You’re nothing if not clueless consistent Fordy
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61615 on: December 8, 2019, 10:39:06 am »

Look at the records of all three, quality of opponents etc.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #61616 on: December 8, 2019, 10:57:00 am »
Credit to Joshua, stuck to the gameplan and ground out a points win. Ruiz cashed out ala Buster Douglas and doubt he'll get another opportunity.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #61617 on: December 8, 2019, 11:08:52 am »
boring as hell. just used his reach and stayed outside won every round. smart boxing. dull fight. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61618 on: December 8, 2019, 01:57:56 pm »
AJ boxed the fight he should of first time round. He underestimated Ruiz last time out and corrected that mistake this time. Reminded me of Lewis vs Tua back in the day when Lewis jabbed his way to an easy UD.

The difference is Tua was on a whole different level to Ruiz. Lewis put a masterclass on against a far better and more dangerous fighter than Ruiz. Tua had an absolute granite chin and explosive power he would put the current lot of Joshua, Wilder, Fury and Ruiz asleep. Tua was also not a physical embarrassment like Ruiz was last night.

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #61619 on: December 8, 2019, 02:03:24 pm »
Ruiz bought cars and partied. His money won't last long.

Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #61620 on: December 8, 2019, 02:07:19 pm »
Ruiz bought cars and partied. His money won't last long.

Nah he’ll get a few more big ones now
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61621 on: December 8, 2019, 02:14:07 pm »
The difference is Tua was on a whole different level to Ruiz. Lewis put a masterclass on against a far better and more dangerous fighter than Ruiz. Tua had an absolute granite chin and explosive power he would put the current lot of Joshua, Wilder, Fury and Ruiz asleep. Tua was also not a physical embarrassment like Ruiz was last night.

Tua was unlucky to be born into the era he was.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61622 on: December 8, 2019, 02:50:40 pm »
Yeah so unlucky.

Every now and again I watch his knockouts montage videos on YouTube.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #61623 on: December 8, 2019, 03:04:58 pm »
Ruiz looked shite. Has power n all that but with him being 20st i thought "take your shirt off lad, it can't all be muscle at that size"

And come the fight his fucking gut was hanging over his belly. He boxed last night how he looked - lazy, fat and shite.

I'm glad Joshua dropped the bodybuilder bulk as it seemed to help his pace, the long game of jab jab jab, it's not all physique but Joshua obviously has it down.

Fancy both as great mind. Just didn't enjoy the fight too much - hand on heart, the Saudi apologies by Joshua started that.

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
« Reply #61624 on: December 8, 2019, 04:39:16 pm »
Everyone who says Joshua should smash him really doesn't respect the work AJ must of then to get back to being heavyweight champion - Joshua managed to change his style of boxing to win in 6 months - Wilder couldnt do that, and I dont think Fury could adopt AJ's style - because he doesnt have the power
I think this interview from Dave Coldwell - is the best interview on why this was a great victory for Joshua,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7QkeaN6PAg

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #61625 on: December 8, 2019, 04:48:31 pm »

Tua’s 1st round KO of John Ruiz is one of my favs. Absolutely separated Ruiz from his senses.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #61626 on: December 8, 2019, 04:49:10 pm »
Everyone who says Joshua should smash him really doesn't respect the work AJ must of then to get back to being heavyweight champion - Joshua managed to change his style of boxing to win in 6 months - Wilder couldnt do that, and I dont think Fury could adopt AJ's style - because he doesnt have the power
I think this interview from Dave Coldwell - is the best interview on why this was a great victory for Joshua,

You're right, I think this was arguably his best performance & one I didn't think he was capable of. Of course it helped that Ruiz didn't bother training

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61627 on: December 8, 2019, 04:52:44 pm »
Nah he’ll get a few more big ones now
Wish he didn't, doesn't deserve another payday.

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61628 on: December 8, 2019, 05:39:19 pm »

Would've loved to have seen him against Tyson.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61629 on: December 8, 2019, 06:16:09 pm »
Aj coming out with the excuses for the first fight now. Should just  :-X. Once you get in the ring I don't wanna hear anything

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61630 on: December 8, 2019, 07:34:48 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/50704532

Says he had a health issue. Not surprised he didn't look right at all.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61631 on: December 8, 2019, 08:00:22 pm »
Shouldn't have fought then.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #61632 on: December 8, 2019, 09:41:28 pm »
I don't agree with Hearn on many things but he was right when he said that all the media outlets criticising that the fight took place in Saudi Arabia because of it's human rights record were hypocrites. The media still reported on it and let the circus continue. Money needs to keep circulating don't it, even to the media.
 :duh

Also isn't the good ole USA a bit dodgy when it comes to human rights too?
Guantanamo Bay, anyone? Nice little geographical loophole to lock people up without evidence or charge.
Hmm but can't talk about that.. history of boxing and all that.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61633 on: December 8, 2019, 09:44:44 pm »
Honestly mate I think there's probably a place on this site to discuss sportswashing or the relative human rights records of the US and Saudi Arabia. But I don't think the boxing thread is that place.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61634 on: December 8, 2019, 09:53:16 pm »
Hope that Saudi check has cleared. They have previous re sport events

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #61635 on: December 8, 2019, 10:30:31 pm »
So wilder saying he’ll never give AJ the unification fight he wants.  Bullshit boxing politics again....

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61636 on: December 8, 2019, 11:14:52 pm »
So wilder saying he’ll never give AJ the unification fight he wants.  Bullshit boxing politics again....

Did he? I’ve read quotes where he said he thinks it’ll never happen but he reckons that’s because Joshua doesn’t want to fight him.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61637 on: December 9, 2019, 08:20:53 am »

Needed Ruiz to retain the belts to shake up the match making in the Heavyweights..back to where we were..Matchroom could run a round robin with their stable and AJ's current belts for two years...on the other side is Wilder Fury Ruiz and others....Wilder beats Fury he could fight Ruiz late 2020...if Fury wins? he might retire into panto and more...don't expect much unifying in 2020...
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61638 on: December 9, 2019, 08:42:56 am »
Joshua shouldn't have been beaten by Ruiz in the first place.
Ruiz Is basically a tub of lard that could take Joshuas punches and AJ got into Ruiz's fight and didn't use his advantage over him.
We know what can happen in a heavyweight fight and that's exactly what happened.

This time AJ uses his advantage over a shorter out of shape fighter by keeping him at bay and using his athleticism.

Will be different fights against Wilder/ Fury if they ever happen.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61639 on: December 9, 2019, 08:45:31 am »

Fury won against Klitschko who had similar style. That style will work only against shorter opponents, but not against someone as big as you.

AJ fought like he was defending the title, not like a challenger. That's where Ruiz made a mistake. He shouldn't have attacked, but let AJ come to you instead.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI