Author Topic: FAO Shitcoat, Ferguson, Guardiola et al  (Read 34332 times)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: FAO Shitcoat, Ferguson, Guardiola et al
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2012, 07:31:47 am »
Sooner or later you have to win again. Just pissed that we've been so bad this year and think it's a bit cringeworthy us slagging off winers in a position where we are so far off.
I'll keep an eye out for you in the FA Cup Final thread ;) :wave

Offline Rotation

• fuck u. Rory's biggest fan.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina is a Scouser...
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2012, 07:38:54 am »
Here is a list of managers who have won less than three European Cups:

Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho, Arsene Wenger, Pep Guardiola, Carlo Ancelotti. Marcelo Lippi, Giovanni Trappatoni, Jupp Heynckes, Guus Hiddink, Johan Cruyff, Louis Van Gaal, Ottmar Hitzfeld, Arrigo Saachi, Frank Rijkaard, Brian Clough, Colin Wanker, Bela Guttmann, Vicente Del Bosque, Rinus Michels, Ernst Happel, Helenio Herrera, Valery Lobonovsky, Fabio Capello and many many more.

Here is a list of managers who have won the European Cup three times:

Bob Paisley.

:lmao at Colin Wanker
ynwa

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2012, 08:12:14 am »
He's probably the best manager out there atm.

Wish we'd concentrate on our current predicament instead of how we were in the stone age. It's cringeworthy.

The stone age? You soft twat. Tell you what, let's sell the Shankly and Paisley gates for scrap so we can forget about the past and can focus on our current predicament (whatever that is). I was at the Carling Cup final and will be at the FA Cup final hell or high water - some predicament.

And if Mourinho is so great (he's very good I grant you) how come he couldn't get the most expensive team in football ever, to the Champions League final?

Bob did something Mourinho could never do. He built teams and rebuilt them. He was instrumental in bringing in players with Shanks and when he took over he had nine years of unprecedented success and one thebEuropean Cup ith fundamentally different sides. Since Porto, Jose's MO is the same, goes in spends shitloads on an already strong squad, has success then fucks off. I can see how people think Mourinho's a great manager, but the perspective of history shows that he's way behind Paisley and the truly great managers of the past.

It's not about nostalgia, it's about recognising one of the greatest managers the game has ever seen.

Feel free to suck Mourinho's cock and dismiss Bob's record back in the 'stone age'. Some of us were around back then and think differently.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2012, 08:14:25 am »
Surely the likes of Bela Guttmann and Fabio Capello were thought of as bankers for 3+ European Cups.  Never happened did it?  Of course, Ancelotti, Mourinho, Guardiola, and the like could still get there but it's no guarantee.

I doubt he knows who Bela Guttmann is.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2012, 08:49:29 am »

Was she the fat bird of The Russ Abbott Show?

Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2012, 08:52:31 am »
Scrap that. He was the greatest Cornish Pastie ever to play football

Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
FAO Shitcoat, Ferguson, Guardiola et al
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2012, 08:55:51 am »
Even if mourinho does get a third, it won't stack up. Its harder to do it at the same club than spunk loads at other just to achieve it. Look how long its took whiskeynose and he still can't do it. Pep....he will I think but I'd give him that one.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2012, 09:01:41 am »

Rob's mum innit?

In all serious, even if the likes of Mourinho does eventually equal Sir Bob, it won't matter. He might stand alongside him in the history books, but he doesn't even come close as a man.

Our Bob is the greatest.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2012, 09:05:01 am »
It'll fall eventually, just like our 18 league titles. But I'm enjoying it while it lasts, and definitely enjoying that it's not Mourinho who'll have a chance of bettering it.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2012, 09:11:42 am »
The stone age? You soft twat. Tell you what, let's sell the Shankly and Paisley gates for scrap so we can forget about the past and can focus on our current predicament (whatever that is). I was at the Carling Cup final and will be at the FA Cup final hell or high water - some predicament.

And if Mourinho is so great (he's very good I grant you) how come he couldn't get the most expensive team in football ever, to the Champions League final?

Bob did something Mourinho could never do. He built teams and rebuilt them. He was instrumental in bringing in players with Shanks and when he took over he had nine years of unprecedented success and one thebEuropean Cup ith fundamentally different sides. Since Porto, Jose's MO is the same, goes in spends shitloads on an already strong squad, has success then fucks off. I can see how people think Mourinho's a great manager, but the perspective of history shows that he's way behind Paisley and the truly great managers of the past.

It's not about nostalgia, it's about recognising one of the greatest managers the game has ever seen.

Feel free to suck Mourinho's cock and dismiss Bob's record back in the 'stone age'. Some of us were around back then and think differently.

Bang on. One of the best threads ive seen for a long time. I was talking to Karl t'other day and saying how criminally under-rated Bob was.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2012, 09:14:05 am »
Inevitably, someone will eventually win 3 European trophies, maybe even 4.  None of this belittles Bob's achievement.  If anything it heightens it.  It's a record that has now stood for 31 years.  One achievement that is even harder to beat is that Bob Paisley won 3 European Cups in 5 years.  Jose Mourinho isn't close to matching that achievement.  Pep Guardiola can, but only if he wins it next year.

That's how good Liverpool (and indeed English clubs were - 7 English winners in 8 years).

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2012, 09:23:03 am »
Inevitably, someone will eventually win 3 European trophies, maybe even 4.  None of this belittles Bob's achievement.  If anything it heightens it.  It's a record that has now stood for 31 years.  One achievement that is even harder to beat is that Bob Paisley won 3 European Cups in 5 years.  Jose Mourinho isn't close to matching that achievement.  Pep Guardiola can, but only if he wins it next year.

That's how good Liverpool (and indeed English clubs were - 7 English winners in 8 years).

Completely agree with this. In this day and age with the top managers having a crack at winning it EVERY season then it's more or less inevitable that one day someone will equal him. That 3 in 5 years will take some matching/beating though. Again, the fact that Mourinho and Guardiola came into management at a guess 20-25 years earlier than Bob means they've got almost unlimited attempts to catch or overtake him.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2012, 09:26:14 am »
Bob was a big man, those trophies look really small :D
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2012, 10:41:28 am »
As Paisley himself used to say, "records are there to be broken".

No doubt someboby will equal his achievemnet in the future, and maybe even overtake it, but that in no way lessens Bob's achievements, as the man who was head and shoulders above all others of his generation....

...and the next generation.....and the next generation.......

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2012, 10:46:04 am »

Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho, Arsene Wenger, Pep Guardiola, Carlo Ancelotti. Marcelo Lippi, Giovanni Trappatoni, Jupp Heynckes, Guus Hiddink, Johan Cruyff, Louis Van Gaal, Ottmar Hitzfeld, Arrigo Saachi, Frank Rijkaard, Brian Clough, Colin Wanker, Bela Guttmann, Vicente Del Bosque, Rinus Michels, Ernst Happel, Helenio Herrera, Valery Lobonovsky, Fabio Capello and many many more.

Bob Paisley.

:D

In all seriousness though, great post.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2012, 10:46:14 am »

Bob Paisley.

Brilliant way to put it mate, nothing more needs saying.
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline koptician

• Legacy Fan
  • Hail to the King!
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2012, 10:57:42 am »
He's probably the best manager out there atm.

Wish we'd concentrate on our current predicament instead of how we were in the stone age. It's cringeworthy.

Remembering our achievements drives us to be better.  You say it as if it never happened.  Take pride in your history

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2012, 11:03:44 am »
3 in 5 seasons will probably never be beaten.

Barca would have to win it next year for Pep to equal Sir Bob.

He's still on his perch.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2012, 11:07:19 am »
Great thread this. :)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2012, 12:09:11 pm »
Yes :)

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2012, 12:17:28 pm »
Think Mourinho is a great coach and a good manager but, imo, he won't be classed as a great manager until he does what Paisley and Ferguson have done i.e. build a team (slowly and carefully)and make them champions.

Personally i don't think he has the patience for it anyway.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2012, 12:19:54 pm »
so nice to be reminded
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2012, 12:28:40 pm »
Bob Paisley - The Incomparable One
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline ElMagico

• hato with a rabbito. Abrocadabro!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2012, 12:53:41 pm »
Could any of you photoshop wizards put that post by Loco onto a photo with the picture of Bob and the trophies.

Would be a brilliant banner to get made for Wembley

Offline zimmie'5555

• passenger on an intergalactic spaceship... sometimes wishes he was a woman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2012, 05:01:07 pm »
He did that in 9 years too.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2012, 05:08:04 pm »

Bob Paisley.
That's comedy gold mate.Genius.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2012, 09:26:53 pm »
With him being 49 Jose will beat get at least 2 more easily.
Kin 'ell. If there's one thing you should have learned the last 6 or 7 years...European cups do not come easy. Sure he has a chance but I wouldn't say there are any guarantees.

Can easily see Real being knocked out again next year. And then what? Will his next job give him the platform? Even if it does, as we saw when he was at Chelsea, nothing is a given in this competition.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2012, 10:03:29 pm »
Bob Paisley >>>>> Shitcoat  8)

Online Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2012, 10:17:11 pm »
Kin 'ell. If there's one thing you should have learned the last 6 or 7 years...European cups do not come easy. Sure he has a chance but I wouldn't say there are any guarantees.

Can easily see Real being knocked out again next year. And then what? Will his next job give him the platform? Even if it does, as we saw when he was at Chelsea, nothing is a given in this competition.

I doubt Mourinho will be there next year. He fucked up with the Champions League and Real don't play great football.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2013, 09:39:49 pm »
Hiya.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2013, 09:45:17 pm »
9 seasons

3 European Cups

1 UEFA Cup

no one will beat that
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2013, 09:49:15 pm »
Why o why was he never Knighted?
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2013, 10:13:55 pm »

Bob Paisley.

Can win it this year if they hold on at the Nou Camp and play their biggest rivals in the final

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2013, 10:15:24 pm »
Can win it this year if they hold on at the Nou Camp and play their biggest rivals in the final

Aye.

And he'll be winning it for the 2nd time.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2013, 10:17:06 pm »
Aye.

I was looking for this thread, couldn't remember the title. ;)

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2013, 10:22:08 pm »

Bob Paisley.

:D
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Aristotle

• is a bugger for the bottle. Apache tool wielder extraordinaire - especially in wardrobes. The 'Oral B' Specialist.....brushes his cavities vigorously outdoors.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Happiness depends upon ourselves
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2013, 10:26:04 pm »
Why o why was he never Knighted?

Because no one gives a flying fuck about recognition from England? ;)
My twitter
If Harry can get Spurs to the CL 1/4 final then he could get England to the World Cup final.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2013, 10:31:03 pm »
Aye.

Yeah Real Madrid previously.

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2013, 10:47:34 pm »
Shut some twat up in the pub who was saying The red nosed one was the best ever. Reminded him of our Bobs record, 1 UEFA Cup (When it was a much better standard), 3 European Cups ( When you had to win the league or European Cup, just to qualify, not win fourth) 6 League Titles(Changing the name doesn't make it any easier or harder to win) and to cap it off 3 league cups running, then the minor stuff Charity Shields etc all in 9 years.
Don't think anyone will ever achieve that level again, back then great managers could build great teams, now average managers can buy great teams. Personally don't think money has improved the game. That's a different thread.
Are Bob still the greatest.
Don't Ever,Ever Buy The S*n. Fucking Tory Scum.

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: May 8, 2013, 11:15:22 am »
Note my sig.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley