Author Topic: Premier League fixtures 16th-18th October  (Read 30218 times)

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
Re: Premier League fixtures 16th-18th October
« Reply #560 on: October 16, 2021, 09:07:00 pm »
Also Chelsea's goals seem to be coming from their defenders at the moment, Lakaku hasn't scored in five games. If that continues they will begin to struggle.
Tuchel seemed to have it in for young Tammy Abraham since he walked through the door at Chelsea. That boy and Giroud saved their skin a lot of times before he got there. Then all of a sudden they couldn't get a game, esp. Abraham. My number 3 football fantasy for this year (just behind 1... us winning the PL and CL double and 2... us winning the PL) is to see Chelsea drop out of the CL in the group stages and end up meeting Roma in the final of the Europa League, where Tammy Abraham scores the winner. Fucking hell. The Schadenfreude would be epic.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #561 on: October 16, 2021, 10:25:40 pm »
Also Chelsea's goals seem to be coming from their defenders at the moment, Lakaku hasn't scored in five games. If that continues they will begin to struggle.
They are overrated. I keep saying it.

Don't get me wrong, they are a good team but they can only get away with putting 9 men behind the ball and Lukaku and Werner chasing their first touch upfront for so long.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: October 17, 2021, 10:24:57 am »
Great second half from Brentford.
How did VAR fail to give Toney a penalty? Russian rubles?
Chelsea not all that, based on that performance.

That call just underlines the "let the phase play out" thing that every one complains about. If you flag immediately on a tight call and get it wrong, you can really distort the game. Why this guy flagged immediately is beyond me... did he just forget the directive? Or did he just not want to have to make a tough call on the foul, so took it out of the equation by flagging?

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: October 17, 2021, 10:28:19 am »
For my sins I think I'll watch the Villa v Wolves match.
The last 10 minutes were awesome and what a come back by Wolves.

Poor Villa   ;)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: October 17, 2021, 10:28:36 am »
Daka kissing the Leicester badge after scoring was amusing.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: October 17, 2021, 10:31:44 am »
They are overrated. I keep saying it.

Don't get me wrong, they are a good team but they can only get away with putting 9 men behind the ball and Lukaku and Werner chasing their first touch upfront for so long.
Thing is despite being so defensive there's no way they keep their good record up playing like they are. They've given up more shots and shots on target than us, Mendy's save percentage is 96% no way that lasts the season. They've got to either be incredibly lucky, find a way of becoming even more solid or much better in attack to sustain a title challenge.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #566 on: October 17, 2021, 01:43:41 pm »
Hairy hands and his baldie sidekick hate Rafa with a passion. Silly arses
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: October 17, 2021, 02:04:51 pm »
Thing is despite being so defensive there's no way they keep their good record up playing like they are. They've given up more shots and shots on target than us, Mendy's save percentage is 96% no way that lasts the season. They've got to either be incredibly lucky, find a way of becoming even more solid or much better in attack to sustain a title challenge.

This just sounds like a lot of recency bias following the Brentford game.  They were without half of their starting players including 2 of their back 3 being very inexperienced players.  Jorginho was rested following the UEFA Nations League games, Alonso was out, though Chilwell an adequate replacement.  Definitely very lucky, but I thought they impressed away to Spurs (2nd half) and the Arsenal game they pretty much walked.  Man City made them look bang average, but they dominated possession in the same way against us and some would rightly argue we were lucky to get anything from that game.  I think Brentford deserve a lot more respect than this being about Chelsea.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #568 on: October 17, 2021, 02:05:36 pm »

He has such a punchable face
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #569 on: October 17, 2021, 02:07:05 pm »

That shirt has more than a hint of the old Everton Mint.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #570 on: October 17, 2021, 02:07:08 pm »
Everton looking to put the Watford performance to shame here.
AHA!

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #571 on: October 17, 2021, 02:09:11 pm »
West Ham fans singing 'Sign On'  ::)

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: October 17, 2021, 02:09:26 pm »
This just sounds like a lot of recency bias following the Brentford game.  They were without half of their starting players including 2 of their back 3 being very inexperienced players.  Jorginho was rested following the UEFA Nations League games, Alonso was out, though Chilwell an adequate replacement.  Definitely very lucky, but I thought they impressed away to Spurs (2nd half) and the Arsenal game they pretty much walked.  Man City made them look bang average, but they dominated possession in the same way against us and some would rightly argue we were lucky to get anything from that game.  I think Brentford deserve a lot more respect than this being about Chelsea.
I mean it's just stating some facts based on 8 league games. I'm not really sure how it's about recency bias because of Brentford?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #573 on: October 17, 2021, 02:09:55 pm »
A player booked for diving, well I never.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: October 17, 2021, 02:10:32 pm »

Marketing himself to the new owners at Newcastle Utd

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: October 17, 2021, 02:11:13 pm »
Man City made them look bang average, but they dominated possession in the same way against us and some would rightly argue we were lucky to get anything from that game.

Rightly?  ;D We were shit first half but were well worth the point by the end.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: October 17, 2021, 02:13:33 pm »
I mean it's just stating some facts based on 8 league games. I'm not really sure how it's about recency bias because of Brentford?

If you think they've been lucky in all their games this season than fair enough.  It just sounded a bit like a reaction to the Brentford game where they were absolutely battered in that last 25 - 30 minutes.  I haven't really seen that from any other game of theirs except City.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: October 17, 2021, 02:15:57 pm »
Rightly?  ;D We were shit first half but were well worth the point by the end.

Good point, we were much better 2nd half.  The no Milner 2nd yellow definitely fell our way.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: October 17, 2021, 02:19:52 pm »
If you think they've been lucky in all their games this season than fair enough.  It just sounded a bit like a reaction to the Brentford game where they were absolutely battered in that last 25 - 30 minutes.  I haven't really seen that from any other game of theirs except City.
I didn't day they'd been lucky in all their games, just that their good run won't last to mount a title challenge unless they improve in attack and/or defence or they get lucky. You'd need to be lucky for example to only concede about 15 goals (current pace) in a season the way they're playing. City have conceded the same amount but are giving up way, way less shots and good chances than Chelsea. We're playing like we could score 100+. Without us and City then it'd be a different argument about putting up a title challenege
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 02:24:43 pm by Chris~ »

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #579 on: October 17, 2021, 02:21:00 pm »
We battered them second half too, 14 shots to 2.

That’s 3 games out of 8.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 02:23:27 pm by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #580 on: October 17, 2021, 02:23:24 pm »

fwiw there’s nothing in Chelseas underlying numbers to suggest they’ll be title challengers

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: October 17, 2021, 02:25:52 pm »
Any streams for the blueshite match? Fancy a laugh on a Sunday afternoon.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #582 on: October 17, 2021, 02:28:09 pm »
Iwobi is absolutely pitiful :lmao
AHA!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: October 17, 2021, 02:28:14 pm »
Quite the miss from Iwobi there.

Everton should be ahead.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: October 17, 2021, 02:30:17 pm »

Can't believe Brands paid £30m for him. Must be their worst signing in recent years and he's up against pretty stiff competition.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #585 on: October 17, 2021, 02:30:29 pm »
Any streams for the blueshite match? Fancy a laugh on a Sunday afternoon.

https://elixx.xyz/ajax.html?sport=soccer

Working OK at the mo.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #586 on: October 17, 2021, 02:31:16 pm »
That looked like a huge dive.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: October 17, 2021, 02:32:49 pm »
Can't believe Brands paid £30m for him. Must be their worst signing in recent years and he's up against pretty stiff competition.

I don't think he's even in the top 3, and that says everything. Walcott, Tosun and Rodriguez were even worse.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: October 17, 2021, 02:33:08 pm »

fwiw there’s nothing in Chelseas underlying numbers to suggest they’ll be title challengers

Yes, really don't get the people who are building them up. If anything their stats should be worrying them with so many of their recent goals coming from defenders rather than their attacking players. It's going to come apart at sometime.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: October 17, 2021, 02:34:13 pm »

I’m sure Arsenal couldn't believe it either, but considering all the crap transfers they have made too in the same time frame, it’s now like they can crow about it  ;D

Defo a lot of competition for the worst signing trophy. Kean and Mina another 2 of very recent seasons.

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: October 17, 2021, 02:35:22 pm »
I’m sure Arsenal couldn't believe it either, but considering all the crap transfers they have made too in the same time frame, it’s now like they can crow about it  ;D

Defo a lot of competition for the worst signing trophy. Kean and Mina another 2 of very recent seasons.

I don't know how much Everton paid for Michael Keane, but I know it was far too much
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: October 17, 2021, 02:37:26 pm »
I don't think he's even in the top 3, and that says everything. Walcott, Tosun and Rodriguez were even worse.

I don't know how much Everton paid for Michael Keane, but I know it was far too much

I stand corrected :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #593 on: October 17, 2021, 02:38:02 pm »
Pickford looks like a stick of rock.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #594 on: October 17, 2021, 02:39:31 pm »
Silly rule, but if a touch from a defender starts another phase, why does a touch from the keeper not do so likewise?
West ham goal disallowed.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: October 17, 2021, 02:40:15 pm »
WHU are caning these here, ffs score.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: October 17, 2021, 02:44:14 pm »
WHU are caning these here, ffs score.

Their final shots have been appalling though. It's amazing how many free kicks Townsend manages to get as well off this ref.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: October 17, 2021, 02:49:49 pm »
Is this how turgid football is for other fans? We need to appreciate Klopp; I forget sometimes how boring football can be until I watch other games. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #598 on: October 17, 2021, 02:52:02 pm »
Just got back in after popping out for some urgent business ( get some beers)....the silence at Goodison and low level booing at HT suggests  I aint missed much

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: October 17, 2021, 02:52:11 pm »

Yea I feel a bit sorry for him, he should retrain as a plumber or something.