Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2848882 times)

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #18160 on: December 8, 2021, 01:10:07 am »
There is NO WAY a club can sell a world class striker and get another one in with financial effectiveness (on the cheap)
A world class striker will demand signing on fees and high wages too on top of the high agent's fees.

The only way i see the club heading if they do consider the financial implications of keeping Mo is to sell and buy  a young rated striker and hope he becomes another Mo under Klopp with his remaining time here.
Here is to HOPE.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #18161 on: December 8, 2021, 01:19:55 am »
We must be trying to sort out Origi’s contract before moving on to the less important ones like Salah’s.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #18162 on: December 8, 2021, 01:26:11 am »
There is NO WAY a club can sell a world class striker and get another one in with financial effectiveness (on the cheap)
A world class striker will demand signing on fees and high wages too on top of the high agent's fees.

The only way i see the club heading if they do consider the financial implications of keeping Mo is to sell and buy  a young rated striker and hope he becomes another Mo under Klopp with his remaining time here.
Here is to HOPE.

We sold Torres for £50m and used less than half of that money to bring in Suarez on lower wages.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18163 on: December 8, 2021, 01:26:15 am »
What are you all bickering about? all players have a finite time with our wonderful club - it's a reality, so deal with it.

Just enjoy the moments he brings to us and embrace the moment, stop thinking about tomorrow. Tomorrow will come quicker than you think, as it did with Kenny, as it did with Stevie as it will with Mo....just enjoy today for what it is. Everything comes to an end eventually.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2021, 01:27:53 am by A-Bomb »

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18164 on: December 8, 2021, 01:42:19 am »
We sold Torres for £50m and used less than half of that money to bring in Suarez on lower wages.
So you confirmed my 2nd part. Suarez was not a world class striker then.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #18165 on: December 8, 2021, 01:48:29 am »
Was it not Andy Carroll, Al? That's what was said at the time anyway.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18166 on: December 8, 2021, 01:56:27 am »
Was it not Andy Carroll, Al? That's what was said at the time anyway.
Yeah Suarez was signed with the intent of playing alongside Torres, who abruptly effed off so we panicked and bought Carroll.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #18167 on: December 8, 2021, 04:13:45 am »

« Last Edit: December 8, 2021, 04:18:15 am by NarutoReds »
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #18168 on: December 8, 2021, 09:09:13 am »
Jesus fucking christ, just give him anything he wants. He's the best forward we've had at the club in 30 years and the club needs to do everything possible to keep him here.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18169 on: December 8, 2021, 09:51:16 am »
He can't be replaced either so surely we're factoring this into his wage demands.

We might be able to get someone else in on £200k a week less, but we will probably lose the equivalent of £200k+ a week in lost value because we won't be the same side as we are now without the best player in the world.

We have to keep him, it'll be too demoralising to allow him to leave and I could see a hangover from the players as a result.

You used to hear it from Gerrard when he spoke about the likes of Alonso, Torres leaving just when we were building something special.

We're at the top now, and we have to stay there, especially whilst Klopp is here.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #18170 on: December 8, 2021, 10:05:21 am »
I enjoyed the standing ovation from the Milan fans when Mo went off. I bet they don't do that every game for an oppo player.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #18171 on: December 8, 2021, 10:43:36 am »
Remember a time when a player scored 20 goals in a season was seen as amazing for the league and was a bar for a world class player?

It's December and Salah has reached that bar!

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18172 on: December 8, 2021, 10:45:03 am »
His goal last night was equally as incredible as some of his famous dribbles and goals. The technical ability to make that look like a simple tap in was unreal. Honestly if he stays fit and healthy he can fire us to a league and champions league double this season.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #18173 on: December 8, 2021, 10:56:42 am »
I enjoyed the standing ovation from the Milan fans when Mo went off. I bet they don't do that every game for an oppo player.

Yeah, that was great, especially considering he used to play for Roma as well.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #18174 on: December 8, 2021, 11:20:24 am »

Damn, that team... Ngog, Jay Spearing, Paul Konchesky, Poulsen and the list goes on.

I had to laugh really hard at this. I really believe we as Liverpool fan deserve atleast a few more PL-titles and CL-titles for watching and supporting that team every week

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18175 on: December 8, 2021, 11:35:14 am »
snip
I wont copy the pics, but those pics  should be indelibly etched in the minds of all fans and all employed by LFC as evidence of what can happen if the club isn't properly run.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #18176 on: December 8, 2021, 12:20:27 pm »

Eeeuw. With the exception of Pepe, Skrtel and Babel (Martin Kelly’s injuries get him a pass too) that’s a real rogues’ gallery of horrific “footballers”.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
« Reply #18177 on: December 8, 2021, 12:28:28 pm »

Torres was well on the decline due to injuries.  Nowhere near the level of Salah.

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18178 on: December 8, 2021, 12:44:25 pm »
Eeeuw. With the exception of Pepe, Skrtel and Babel (Martin Kelly’s injuries get him a pass too) that’s a real rogues’ gallery of horrific “footballers”.

I wont copy the pics, but those pics  should be indelibly etched in the minds of all fans and all employed by LFC as evidence of what can happen if the club isn't properly run.

Yep it's a horrific team but it was pretty much a second string 11. The likes of Gerrard, Torres, Lucas, Maxi, Kuyt, Mereiles had all been rested.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18179 on: December 8, 2021, 01:27:23 pm »
His goal last night was equally as incredible as some of his famous dribbles and goals. The technical ability to make that look like a simple tap in was unreal. Honestly if he stays fit and healthy he can fire us to a league and champions league double this season.

I agree - was just coming to post how excellent of a goal it was.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #18180 on: December 8, 2021, 01:53:47 pm »

That bottom one doesn’t even have Van Dijk either.

Offline Fredo C

• Anny Roader
« Reply #18181 on: December 8, 2021, 02:16:38 pm »

Yep it's a horrific team but it was pretty much a second string 11. The likes of Gerrard, Torres, Lucas, Maxi, Kuyt, Mereiles had all been rested.

This made me look up what he had been up to the last few years. Well worth a watch  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vnoEJ5mXIEo&amp;ab_channel=ElisioCordeiro" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vnoEJ5mXIEo&amp;ab_channel=ElisioCordeiro</a>

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18182 on: December 8, 2021, 04:59:58 pm »

If you look carefully the first pic, you'll find the best soccer player in the world.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18183 on: December 8, 2021, 05:27:11 pm »

Last nights was pretty much a second string, 8 changes from the Derby, shows how great our strength in depth is, especially compared to then.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline JayNY

• DoeY
  • Main Stander
« Reply #18184 on: December 8, 2021, 05:31:45 pm »
If you look carefully the first pic, you'll find the best soccer player in the world.

Every player in the 2nd pic has scored for the first team in the PL - don't think I've ever seen that before for any team

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18185 on: December 8, 2021, 06:00:20 pm »
Obligatory video  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YcDE2f_PrC0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YcDE2f_PrC0</a>

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18186 on: December 8, 2021, 06:23:13 pm »
Last nights was pretty much a second string, 8 changes from the Derby, shows how great our strength in depth is, especially compared to then.

Well yes I know, the transformation in squad quality since the Rafa/Hodgson days is amazing and it's interesting to compare. It might have made more sense if the poster had compared the 2nd string from 2010 with last night's 2nd string though, rather than next to the 1st choice team from 3 seasons ago, I don't know what point he was trying to make. Even more confusing is why it's in the Salah thread.  ???  ;D

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18187 on: December 8, 2021, 06:59:08 pm »
20 goals with over two weeks to go before Christmas.

This is still sinking in.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18188 on: December 8, 2021, 07:08:21 pm »
Will AFCON happen with all that's going on with the virus at the moment?

Is it behind closed doors if it is, as that'll be a shite tournament.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #18189 on: December 9, 2021, 10:51:36 am »
Summariser on R5L was saying after the game how most players blaze that tap-in over the bar. He said it a few times, then on reflection he says most players try to control it , and by then it's too late. He then goes on to point out Salah has a really unusual technique for striking the ball , I think he said he'd being doing some analysis and he doesn't do it 'correctly'.  Maybe it's a bit like a south-paw thing, keepers and defender set themselves for the textbook shot and Salah takes them completely by surprise.
It's amazing how after almost every game you see at least one move by Salah that would grace any players' highlight reels.  Even more amazing is that he plays unselfishlessly too (sometimes he's selfish , but no more so than you'd expect a striker with abilities to be.  It's not often he clearly makes the wrong decision)

--Edit, I think he meant 'conventionally' rather than correctly --
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #18190 on: December 9, 2021, 12:39:22 pm »
Left footers for you.

We are a different breed.  8)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18191 on: December 11, 2021, 05:01:06 pm »
Purple patch, right?  Pace - doesn't count, right?  ;D
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #18192 on: December 11, 2021, 05:01:55 pm »
Crazy good penalty.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #18193 on: December 11, 2021, 05:03:17 pm »
Cold as ice at a pivotal moment

Twenty-one before the twenty-fifth
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline NarutoReds

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18194 on: December 11, 2021, 05:03:26 pm »
Crazy good penalty.
I thought that penalty was going to be OUT. The angle, fucking hell.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18195 on: December 11, 2021, 05:04:08 pm »
Egyptian King!

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #18196 on: December 11, 2021, 05:04:37 pm »
That penalty was laser focused.  Keeper wasn't too far off it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18197 on: December 11, 2021, 05:15:05 pm »
Great pen, don't really rate Martinez overall but he's good at pens and can be quite an intimidating character so was a brilliant one. Amazed it was given, not that it wasn't stonewall.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18198 on: December 11, 2021, 05:15:12 pm »
Amazing penalty placement when the pressure was one. Not his best game today, perhaps he was tired but he still managed to deliver

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18199 on: December 11, 2021, 05:19:08 pm »
Just 21 goals so far. He's doing ok.