Author Topic: James Milner - El Burro Magnifico  (Read 575325 times)

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
James Milner - El Burro Magnifico
« on: April 15, 2016, 12:57:04 am »
With another two assists tonight Milner has now contributed more goals then anyone else this season (assists and goals combined)

A hard player to work out, but a player who works damn hard. Get off corner duty and cross it all day long  :wave
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 12:50:49 pm by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: James Milner - The man who's involved in lots of the goal things
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 12:59:02 am »
I think many of us including me thought he is not the Klopp type of player and he wouldn't start many matches but Klopp transformed him into a very efficient player.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 01:00:44 am »
With another two assists tonight Milner has now contributed more goals then anyone else this season (assists and stats combined)

A hard player to work out, but a player who works damn hard. Get off corner duty and cross it all day long  :wave
Is right mate and a nod to all the gobshites who were giving him stick in the ground tonight.

Cracking player and one who`s worthy of wearing the red shirt.

Online jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 01:02:50 am »
Always appreciated his work rate and desire.  Don't think his best position is as a central midfielder though. Two very good assists this evening to make his stats even more impressive.  Fair play lad.

Offline "Ninja Skrtel"

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 01:07:16 am »
His fight ethic was so important tonight. I've been critical of his technical shortcomings but fuck me, his contributions are undeniable. Hardest working man in showbiz
"Behave yourself".

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 01:09:36 am »
He needs sacking off the set pieces though. Abominable.
Internet terrorist

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 01:10:04 am »
He shouldn't be anywhere near CM ever again - the first half was like watching a puppy chase a ball, he just doen't havethe right instincts to play in that position. On either flank he's like a carbon copy of Kuyt - hard work, game intelligence, a really good appreciation of when to cut in and when to go out wide and a good instinct for when to get in the box. I really rate him in that position and I hope he sticks around.

I have no idea why he is on set pieces though - they were dreadful all game.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 01:10:58 am »
What a pass to Coutinho for his goal, brilliant awareness and the touch to pull it off was exceptional.

But yes, his corners are gash

Online jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 01:11:07 am »
Who took the corner that sakho scored from?

Offline Indian Scouser

• Kopite
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 01:11:51 am »
I think he's good when playing out wide or in a midfield 3. Just not in a midfield 2.

Oh, and he really needs to get those corners sorted. Scary to think that he's the best corner taker we have.

Anyway, he comes up with the goods when it matters and that's all that counts. What a fucking cross at the death. This is exactly what we bought him for: using his experience and quality to get us over the line in tight matches.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 01:13:34 am »
Who took the corner that sakho scored from?

coutinho

Online jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 01:15:20 am »
coutinho

Cheers. Aside from corners Miller was wonderful second half but the corner from Coutinho was the only one that threatened  :lmao

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 01:15:24 am »
I think he's good when playing out wide or in a midfield 3. Just not in a midfield 2.

Oh, and he really needs to get those corners sorted. Scary to think that he's the best corner taker we have.

Anyway, he comes up with the goods when it matters and that's all that counts. What a fucking cross at the death. This is exactly what we bought him for: using his experience and quality to get us over the line in tight matches.

He's superb at crossing, usually when he's no time to think about it.

It should translate into his corner taking but alas, no. We should be looking to do short corners with a quick one-two back to Milner.
:D

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2016, 01:25:53 am »
Cheers. Aside from corners Miller was wonderful second half but the corner from Coutinho was the only one that threatened  :lmao

Even that one was a shit corner. Luckily, Danny made a little run across the front post that shit Dortmund up completely.  :P

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2016, 01:36:02 am »
Just so so good. Quietly doing his business. His work rate and energy is first class and those who were in doubt about his final product just needs to look at his stats. But he has to work on his corners or let someone take it. Not good at all.

Also, today wasn't a MOTM performance or anything but its just a reminder of what this guy has been doing all season for us. Immense.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 01:37:23 am »
Please for the love of whatever stop taking corners.

Otherwise did well.

Offline Shabby14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2016, 01:41:10 am »
Who did get MOTM?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2016, 01:41:21 am »
I think many of us including me thought he is not the Klopp type of player and he wouldn't start many matches but Klopp transformed him into a very efficient player.

He's been efficient his entire career nothing to do with Klopp. Constantly creates chances no matter what his notional position on the pitch.
He's got obvious technical weaknesses, including a weird one where he often over commits in the tackle but he's got so much energy and drive - it's really impressive

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2016, 01:44:54 am »
At fault for the first goal,being slow to react to Mkhitaryan.Nowhere to be seen for the second when Reus ran through center mid(Ye know,where he was meant to be playin) to play in Aubameyang.Corners are crap,an turns slower than Tiny Tim Cratchit wearing his Mams Orthopedic stilettoes,which gets him caught out on numerous occasions.Other than that tho,he was boss

Playing out wide hides a lot of his faults
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2016, 01:56:39 am »
I've been thinking.. there are different kinds of playmakers in the game.

You have your Ozil types, that have the perfect vision for the pass.

You have your Coutinho types, that have all the verve and close control of the Brazilian football tradition.

And then you have guys like Milner.

He's at least a solid 6 out of 10 in all departments, but his real asset is having great stamina and intelligence in movement.

He'll very seldomly pull off an eye-popping throughball, dribble past 5 players or score a wicked volley from outside the area. But having these two combined qualities means he gets into good positions to receive the second to last pass, so that he can provide an easy assist for someone else in a good position. I've been thinking about the assists for our team this season, and I think we've seen a proliferation of 'tap-in' assists, where a simple final ball provides the shooting opportunity. A part of that is down to having less passing range in central midfield, without Stevie. But I think a part of that is also down to players like Milner using their qualities to provide the final link in the play.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2016, 02:39:58 am »
Made up for him. He's come in for stick at certain parts of the season, but sub-consciously, we've all shared the collective thought that he's not a central midfielder, even despite Brendan Rodgers continuously telling us otherwise.

His best work throughout his career has been on the flanks and this season that hasn't changed. His ability for a cross is brilliant, which is mind-boggling considering the regression at the quality of his corners (he was brilliant at them for City). I honestly think we curse the ability of an individual's corner taking abilities. Remember Charles Graham Adam? Okay, I'll get my coat...

All told, happy for Milner. He'll be important for us next season. Whilst underrated in many facets of his game, his leadership is another aspect which gets overlooked. I believe he has a pretty big influence on players behind the scenes. I remember Emre Can eluding to this early in the season.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2016, 02:41:40 am »
Works hard, looks like he's having an off night and then he 1-2s with Coutinho or whips in a perfect cross.  His end game is quality like that.

Offline me76

• It's all in the reflexes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2016, 02:44:35 am »
Fuck the lad can keep running!  He stands out towards the end of games due to his pure endurance.  No one else is making that run at the end of the game - and then to have the ability to stand it up to the back post after busting his arse to get up in support of Sturridge.  He's been brilliant this season, no doubt has his limitations but he is an amazing player.  Can cross with both feet, play neat one-two's, close down and press - and look at his assist rate!  Great season from you Jimmy - keep it going son!
Jürgen Klopp: "I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2016, 02:54:58 am »
He shouldn't be anywhere near CM ever again - the first half was like watching a puppy chase a ball, he just doen't havethe right instincts to play in that position. On either flank he's like a carbon copy of Kuyt - hard work, game intelligence, a really good appreciation of when to cut in and when to go out wide and a good instinct for when to get in the box. I really rate him in that position and I hope he sticks around.

I have no idea why he is on set pieces though - they were dreadful all game.

As well, he does a great job denying passing lanes and protecting the wide defender when he plays out wide, a crucial role in Klopp's system...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2016, 02:58:19 am »
Thought he was one of our worst performers under the Rodgers part of this season, but last 2 months has started doing what he showed in preseason i.e. making it stick where it counts

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2016, 03:05:31 am »
He has been brilliant recently. I've seen a few comparing him to Dirk Kuyt and I'd tend to agree with that. He isn't and has never been a flashy player but he will give you 100% effort without question every game and he is incredibly efficient in terms of his contribution to our attacking play. He is also a man who has been there and done it, an elder statesman if you like in what is a squad with relatively little big game experience (compared to Liverpool teams of days gone by) and that makes him a hugely valuable asset to have on the pitch.

Can't take a fucking corner to save his life though ;D
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2016, 04:16:45 am »
He has been brilliant recently. I've seen a few comparing him to Dirk Kuyt and I'd tend to agree with that. He isn't and has never been a flashy player but he will give you 100% effort without question every game and he is incredibly efficient in terms of his contribution to our attacking play. He is also a man who has been there and done it, an elder statesman if you like in what is a squad with relatively little big game experience (compared to Liverpool teams of days gone by) and that makes him a hugely valuable asset to have on the pitch.

Can't take a fucking corner to save his life though ;D
I'd agree with pretty much all that. The only point I'd add is that I agree with many posters here that our future midfield can't consist of 2 or 3 worker bees like Henderson, Milner and Can. They are all talented & worthy of a spot in the squad, but are somewhat similar and it hurts us in certain games when they are played together.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2016, 04:52:21 am »
Ever present of late. Coincidentally? Don't think so.

I was happy he chose to move to us, but I had too much sour taste left over from Joe Cole's move, so I was somewhat skeptical. I was wrong to be skeptical.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2016, 05:10:01 am »
Great give and go for the winner.
We are Liverpool!

Offline brownbear11

• Kopite
  • aht and aboot, ¡dale!
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2016, 05:15:20 am »
Can't hit a cross unless he's chasing after the ball. Woeful corners today (though that's why Sturridge's run helped open space for a free Sakho header).

Big player for us despite being a relatively quiet one. So much effort, not much flash, but totally fine with it.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2016, 05:18:29 am »
Carried the honour of wearing the captains armband excellently last night.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2016, 05:32:07 am »
What is he on? No, seriously. Nobody starts a free kick on the halfway line and ends up assisting from the byline in the penalty area in a matter of 3-5 seconds. Not in the 91st minute.

There are players who would run through brick walls for Klopp. Then there's James Milner who just runs through them anyway.

Offline brownbear11

• Kopite
  • aht and aboot, ¡dale!
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2016, 05:41:57 am »
What is he on? No, seriously. Nobody starts a free kick on the halfway line and ends up assisting from the byline in the penalty area in a matter of 3-5 seconds. Not in the 91st minute.

There are players who would run through brick walls for Klopp. Then there's James Milner who just runs through them anyway.

Running so hard Auba gave up on covering him. Love it.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2016, 05:52:10 am »
Best crosser in the PL atm? Does it off either foot too. We don't have any natural wide players in the squad apart from him which made it very baffling to see him at CM through parts of the season. Dani Alves said he is the toughest player he has come up against and we've been seeing why. At a Bayern, Barca or Real he could've been the best fullback in the world.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2016, 06:23:25 am »

From the first time he was called "Millie" in a press conference I got the feeling he's a Klopp favourite. That RCM role in a 4-4-2 diamond is the perfect role for him though and I didn't see Klopp as someone that would use it.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2016, 06:44:36 am »
He reminds me of David Brent's new secretary. Good. Efficient.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2016, 06:51:20 am »
From the first time he was called "Millie" in a press conference I got the feeling he's a Klopp favourite.

Yeah, not sure, mate. Always felt that Milner was sore on Rodgers getting the boot (claimed that he was one of the best managers he'd had). Then there was that slight touchline spat at Chelsea where Milner was clearly pissed off at Jurgen's incessant remonstrations. Milner being Milner, though, he is a true professional and there's little doubt he'll be with us for a few more seasons, which is great, as his leadership will be paramount.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2016, 06:57:59 am »
Always felt that Milner was sore on Rodgers getting the boot (claimed that he was one of the best managers he'd had)

Remember that, didn't think it boded well

touchline spat at Chelsea where Milner was clearly pissed off at Jurgen's incessant remonstrations

But don't remember that?

Online child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2016, 07:00:44 am »
He's got this never give up mentality which goes well with LFC and Klopp. Just dont let him take corners, please.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2016, 07:01:25 am »
But don't remember that?

Absolutely climbed into him after that Chelsea opener during a break of play. Millie threw his drink bottle away in disgust.

Water under the bridge now it seems. I'm sure Milner knows he's on a winner with Jurgen at the helm. Per the above  comment from DanA. He really suits the diamond formation.