Author Topic: Samed Yesil  (Read 170950 times)

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
Re: Reds sign Samed Yesil from Bayer Leverkusen
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2012, 09:38:59 pm »
Brendan is laying the groundwork for something VERY special. Glory will no doubt follow and I'm sorry Messrs Ferguson, Abramovich and Monsour, but there is NOTHING you can do about it  ;D

Getting a bit ahead of ourselves now this lad is hardly gonna win us the league

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2012, 09:42:58 pm »

if he develops into a 25+ goal a season man he could though, which was the point i think given the youth of our squad.

Offline Nana

• Nacedonian Nastodon
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2012, 09:48:54 pm »

Without trying to over-hype the kid, the last time I have seen an 18-year-old with such a natural goalscoring talent was back in 1993. Obviously, we don't know if Yesil will live up to his talent, but if he does, 30th of August 2012 will be remembered as a very important date for our club.

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2012, 10:10:57 pm »
Welcome Samed

Help us win the league and you will be an LFC legend.

Online CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2012, 10:40:33 pm »
Wonder why Bayern wernt after him, usually they snap up all young german talent

Offline Redondos Barber

• Kopite
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2012, 10:42:04 pm »
Without trying to over-hype the kid, the last time I have seen an 18-year-old with such a natural goalscoring talent was back in 1993. Obviously, we don't know if Yesil will live up to his talent, but if he does, 30th of August 2012 will be remembered as a very important date for our club.

Kevin Gallen?

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2012, 10:52:54 pm »
Seems very cheap considering how well regarded he is. I'd imagine there's appearance based clauses which is a good way to do business. We can't really lose either way.

royhendo

« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2012, 10:54:10 pm »
Welcome kinder.

Offline red_to_the_toe

• Kopite
  • I can't get no
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2012, 11:09:33 pm »
All non-ravens are non-black.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2012, 11:41:57 pm »
This excites me so much.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2012, 11:44:30 pm »
Question is, why did they sell him when they're selling schurrie to Chelsea for £20mish

Odd.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Ben86

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2012, 11:58:28 pm »
Question is, why did they sell him when they're selling schurrie to Chelsea for £20mish

Odd.

Not certain they're selling Schuerrle.

Also, looks like he had a release clause which his agent (also Sahin's agent) revealed in talks with LFC.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 12:01:35 am by Ben86 »

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2012, 12:20:44 am »
Feels a bit like we're poaching some other clubs talents for cheap because the manager is one of ours. But united have done it for years, so fuck it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline OzFitz

• Kemlynite
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2012, 12:32:44 am »

He's German.

Bring on the Cup Final Penalty Shootouts!!

Offline Istanbul_05times

• Anny Roader
  • He brought that cup back home
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2012, 12:54:38 am »
welcome to liverpool samed....i hope u are successful
gary neville is really hayley cropper

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan

Offline AnfieldRD19

• Not worried at all about his manbuddy.
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2012, 01:03:38 am »
never heard of him and there's not many videos on youtube of him either...

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2012, 01:06:51 am »
Judging by his interview there sounds like Sami had a big influence on him coming here. Well in Big Sami.

Sounds extremely promising anyway judging by the reactions of those that have seen him play regularly.Wonder will he be straight into the first team or will he have year with the reserves first.
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2012, 01:09:48 am »
never heard of him and there's not many videos on youtube of him either...

Trust me this lad is quality, I've seen him around 8 times and he has shown up everytime with goals and tireless effort. I'm in awe that we signed him so cheap.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2012, 01:10:45 am »
Trust me this lad is quality, I've seen him around 8 times and he has shown up everytime with goals and tireless effort. I'm in awe that we signed him so cheap.

Good enough for me, I know you know your stuff.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2012, 01:14:00 am »
Good enough for me, I know you know your stuff.

Thanks Matty, I don't think he will play X1 but think he will get cup runs. He will probably link up with youth but be an Adam Morgan influence, get the run here and there. If he impresses he will be called up like Sterling. Have to wait and see, but this is one of our smartest moves in the market since the signing of Raheem Sterling from QPR in my eyes.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2012, 01:14:00 am »
Posted in his thread in transfer speculation before, a couple of reactions to this from another forum I post on:

What the fuck is up with that Yesil rumour?

That's some crazy shit, biggest what the fuck deal this summer. He's the highest rated young striker in Germany, even higher rated than Ducksch. He just signed a professional contract until 2016. And now he's about to leave for 1m? And Rudi Völler is okay with this?

lol what, what the hell did Fazeli do?
Samed is the most brilliant prospect in German football now with Can. He cannot go, this is a total fuck-up by Völler.

He didn't let Schürrle leave for 30M€ and he is getting rid of Gomez-II. What a waste, it's saddening, really.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2012, 01:15:40 am »
^
Emre Can the Bayern Munich player who was Cpt of the U17 squad last summer. I've never seen anyone control a game like him at such a young age. It was incredible, everything went through him and he just stuck out. Let's hope Bayern don't let him go like Hummels ;)

Offline BreakfastPercy

• Legacy Fan
  • Follow me: @BreakfastPercy
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2012, 01:15:43 am »
Anyone who outshines Sterling has to have something about them. Can't wait to see where we are in a few years time.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2012, 01:17:23 am »
Anyone who outshines Sterling has to have something about them. Can't wait to see where we are in a few years time.

In that game where we lost 3-2 to the Germans, I believe it was within the first 10 minutes Yesil scored. That game all we did was give the ball to Sterling whilst Germany gave the ball to Can who supplied Yesil.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2012, 01:19:41 am »

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2012, 01:19:54 am »
In that game where we lost 3-2 to the Germans, I believe it was within the first 10 minutes Yesil scored. That game all we did was give the ball to Sterling whilst Germany gave the ball to Can who supplied Yesil.

So basically we should try and sign Can as well? ;D

Him, Yesil and Sahin all have the same agent.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2012, 01:24:28 am »
So basically we should try and sign Can as well? ;D

Him, Yesil and Sahin all have the same agent.

If we signed him I would jizz as we have the future of LFC sewn up and that isn't a lie. They were just on the same page. Can has been getting the odd feature at senior Bayern but as it stands with their current X1 he may get sub appearance/Pokal cup games.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2012, 01:27:22 am »
"I am really happy about this, it is my dream to play for Liverpool and I will give my all," Yesil said.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/soccer/Liverpool+signs+teenage+German+striker+Yesil/7170028/story.html?#ixzz254xTc1aw

Offline liverpoolfcmike

• custom title thread lurker - easily amused
  • Legacy Fan
  • through the wind and rain (and fog)
« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2012, 01:29:10 am »
Wonder why Bayern wernt after him, usually they snap up all young german talent

They were. As were Dortmund.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2012, 02:07:40 am »
They were. As were Dortmund.

I wonder if that £1m fee didn't indeed match some sort of minimum release clause as a few have speculated (perhaps an "if one of the clubs on this list offers this much, I'm sold" kind of thing). If so, I imagine it was a case of Sami saying "well, he's going to be gone no matter what, so I want him to go to LFC."

Been talking to a German friend of mine and he can't believe we've bought him for so little, or that we've bought him at all really. He didn't know too much about him other than that he's supposed to be one of the very best prospects in the Bundesliga and it's therefore shocking that he's left Germany at all at such a young age.

Also, how great would it be if he really has been a lifelong Red, as that quote of his loosely suggests?

Offline SangPutride

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2012, 02:38:29 am »
Saw quite a bit of him when Germany played in the U7WC and U17EC last year... not a Gomez for me, he has much more potential. Could be the next Klose for our NT in a few years. I seriously don't know why Leverkusen would let him go. If he fullfills his potential he'll be a massive, massive player for us.
you wouldn't be saying that if it was posted by Sangrinho Putrinada of Argentina.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2012, 02:48:20 am »
All on board the Rodgers Revolution. Loving our transfer business this window.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2012, 02:52:13 am »
Smart to tap into the German market, so much talent there.

Offline gaijin_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2012, 03:05:29 am »
Embarrassing to say but the only way I knew about him is through Football Manager. I sign him for every team I manage and he runs rampant.

Fantastic talent from what I've heard. My Leverkusen supporting friend won't acknowledge me at the moment. Think he's fuming.

Offline Visigoth33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2012, 03:18:32 am »
about time we had some good German players since didi and babbel.and special thanks to big sami for proving what a legend he is.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2012, 03:39:28 am »
Brendan is laying the groundwork for something VERY special. Glory will no doubt follow and I'm sorry Messrs Ferguson, Abramovich and Monsour, but there is NOTHING you can do about it  ;D

I've heard this said for the past 20 years, and every year we repeat the same mistakes. We still haven't fixed our biggest problem from last year. I personally will be happy if we manage to come 6th.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2012, 03:45:20 am »
How have we managed to get him for so cheap and how come another club didn't beat us to it?
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline opsteo

• Kopite
« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2012, 03:53:39 am »
How have we managed to get him for so cheap and how come another club didn't beat us to it?

It is good work from our club and probably due to close links with Hyppia.  We stole him right under the nose of Arsenal - yeah!!!

Offline deadsetred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2012, 04:18:22 am »
What i'm so relieved about is that we're finally catching on to the area we most need to exploit - youth. With Rodger's clearly willing to give the youngsters a chance (in no small part due to the backing of the owners/constrained expectations), we're a much more attractive club for young players. Also, its nice to see that Liverpool is still such a big name for youngsters who care more about making it at the top level than big wages and CL. If we build on our strengths, we can work our way around limited funding (which is really only seen as limited in the post-City era). After all, Arsenal have been doing it for years, and still making top 4 consistently.