Author Topic: The PL run-in  (Read 983483 times)

Online macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
Re: The PL run-in
« Reply #12000 on: May 14, 2022, 11:08:06 pm »
And if City win 3-4 nil against West Ham, we can rest up the squad
anyway.

Yes, its sort of win win for us.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12001 on: May 14, 2022, 11:09:39 pm »
anyway.

Have faith - has Klopp as manager taught you nothing! You can tell by Guardiola's comments that he is rattled by LFC not going quietly and is feeling the pressure. 

Online macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #12002 on: May 14, 2022, 11:10:25 pm »
Can we have a temporary ban for anyone who uses "City" and "deserved"  in the same sentence?

You just did ;)
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12003 on: May 14, 2022, 11:10:53 pm »
Kids and any rusty first teamers that need minutes v Southampton hopefully. Feels like we are on the verge of ending up missing half our team v Real if it carries on like this though the news seems positive so far luckily.

If City lose tomorrow, we need to twat the fuck out of Southampton and make it a who scores the most wins the league on the last day - although Stevie, Coutinho and Ings might just be in the mood last day to take points off Abu Dhabi
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #12004 on: May 14, 2022, 11:12:06 pm »
In case goals needed in bulk on Tuesday, please play Origi.

Oh, and take corners v v quickly.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12005 on: May 15, 2022, 12:12:33 am »
West Ham win tomorrow then we have to absolutely go for it against southampton, like 6 or 7 nil

If City Win then just play all the kids on Tuesday, literally no point risking anyone

These would be my two choices of teams depending what happens tomorrow in West Ham vs City

If City lose

Alisson, Gomez, Matip, Konate, Tsimikas, Henderson, Keita, Jones, Jota, Firmino, Mane

If City Win

Kelleher, Bradley, Gomez, Williams, Tsimikas, Morton, Jones, Oxlade, Elliot, Origi, Taki

If City draw, I honestly dont know. Thats such a toss up as wed then need them to drop points AGAIN at Home and I just dont see that happening but you cant write it off if they draw. Prolly a mix of kids/full strength because GD wont matter anymore.

I think Tsimikas, Jones and Gomez all %100 play on Tuesday, rest is a toss up depending on result tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 12:15:13 am by CanuckYNWA »

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12006 on: May 15, 2022, 12:15:20 am »
Anything but a City loss and we have to have a full rotation of the side.  Origi, Minamino, Gordon, Elliot, Jones, Milner, Tsmikas, Matip, Gomez, Bradley, Kelleher would be my team if City win. 

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #12007 on: May 15, 2022, 12:20:02 am »
anyway.

Rather lost or draw. The players can rest and recover when the seasons over.
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12008 on: May 15, 2022, 12:28:36 am »
Anything but a City loss and we have to have a full rotation of the side.  Origi, Minamino, Gordon, Elliot, Jones, Milner, Tsmikas, Matip, Gomez, Bradley, Kelleher would be my team if City win. 

Nah, even if Man City draw tomorrow, we must play a strong team and beat Southampton convincingly. It would put a massive pressure on Man City against Aston Villa ...

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12009 on: May 15, 2022, 12:42:31 am »
I don't think we'll be putting out some youth team no matter what happens. If Cuty do win then I think a few lads should probably be rested. The good to thing is there's a good week or so between Wolves and RM so still a bit of recovery time. VVD, Mo, Fab and Ali (although possibly just a small knock) all carrying knocks and injuries that we need to clear up before Real Madrid. In contrast some of our substitutes need minutes and rhythm to go into the next cup final and be effective if called upon. I think Matip, Gomez, Curtis, Tsimikas, Firmino and possibly Origi and Taki and oven Ox and Harvey are all in this camp.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12010 on: May 15, 2022, 01:13:11 am »
I don't think we'll be putting out some youth team no matter what happens. If Cuty do win then I think a few lads should probably be rested. The good to thing is there's a good week or so between Wolves and RM so still a bit of recovery time. VVD, Mo, Fab and Ali (although possibly just a small knock) all carrying knocks and injuries that we need to clear up before Real Madrid. In contrast some of our substitutes need minutes and rhythm to go into the next cup final and be effective if called upon. I think Matip, Gomez, Curtis, Tsimikas, Firmino and possibly Origi and Taki and oven Ox and Harvey are all in this camp.

I dont think anyone is suggesting we are going to play all u21s, but if City win 3 or 4 nil all our big players especially those who just played 120 mins or got knocks will not be near that team on Tuesday, can guarantee that.

l

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #12011 on: May 15, 2022, 01:32:37 am »
Most annoying thing to happen tomorrow would be a single goal win for City.

I don't think we'd look at that and chuck the towel in, they'd be +8 on goal difference so we'd back ourselves to get +7 GD over our last two games in the hope Villa get a win (though depending on goals scored it might require +8).

Part of me wants to be put out of my misery with another 5-0 win for them, but you gotta love the dreaming.

:D

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12012 on: May 15, 2022, 01:46:47 am »
The amount of dodgy points City got this season is a travesty. Dont think we even got anything like that during our LiVARpool season. We really should be a few points ahead if the refs did their job to a satisfactory standard

The good thing is, knowing if City win tomorrow, will determine our team selection on Tuesday

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #12013 on: May 15, 2022, 02:20:15 am »
City aren’t losing this. Guarantee you that. Who cares! Onto Paris and another one under the belt.

Online macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #12014 on: May 15, 2022, 02:28:25 am »
I d love us to go with Origi, Jota, Firmino up top against Southampton. Regardless of City's result.
Let Mane, Salah, Diaz completely recover.
Besides,  I think the likes of Jota may be dying to bag a hat trick or two to make their case for an inclusion for the CL final team sheet...

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12015 on: May 15, 2022, 03:25:04 am »
The amount of dodgy points City got this season is a travesty. Dont think we even got anything like that during our LiVARpool season. We really should be a few points ahead if the refs did their job to a satisfactory standard

There is a 6pt CLEAR no argument swing with ref decisions this season. 2 extra points for City vs Wolves with last minute armit penalty. 2 extra points for City with denied last minute hand ball penalty vs Everton and 2 pts denied for us vs Spurs with denied clear penalty and no red on Kane.

They realstically should be on 85 and we should be on 88

I am sure people could make arguments in more games both for and against us but these 3 games were clear as day robberies.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #12016 on: May 15, 2022, 07:44:40 am »

Have faith - has Klopp as manager taught you nothing! You can tell by Guardiola's comments that he is rattled by LFC not going quietly and is feeling the pressure. 

I have total faith...... in our players and our brilliant team.

That faith doesn't extend to West Ham and Aston Villa in the heat of these
fixtures.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #12017 on: May 15, 2022, 07:48:27 am »
Rest everyone! More than happy with 2 (possibly 3) trophies. We have to make a choice and based on the injuries and 120 mins v Chelsea we’ve got to rest people before Paris.

Can’t believe I’m saying that but yeah.

Offline nerdster4

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12018 on: May 15, 2022, 07:52:55 am »
I think west ham city needs to finish first before making decisions about Southampton

Origi isn’t starting it west ham nick a draw I suspect

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #12019 on: May 15, 2022, 08:49:05 am »
Anything other than a City loss you play the kids. BUT, if City loses you've got to go as strong as possible.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12020 on: May 15, 2022, 08:51:12 am »
There is a 6pt CLEAR no argument swing with ref decisions this season. 2 extra points for City vs Wolves with last minute armit penalty. 2 extra points for City with denied last minute hand ball penalty vs Everton and 2 pts denied for us vs Spurs with denied clear penalty and no red on Kane.

They realstically should be on 85 and we should be on 88

I am sure people could make arguments in more games both for and against us but these 3 games were clear as day robberies.

Milner should have been sent off and City almost certainly win the game but even so we'd still be ahead on points.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12021 on: May 15, 2022, 08:54:55 am »
Everything depends on today's game imo. If City win easily as i expect they will we will see widespread changes for the last 2 games. Iv'e always said given the choice i'd rather the European Cup over the league if offered and at this moment in time it's right there waiting for us.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12022 on: May 15, 2022, 08:58:10 am »

Two city draws is enough.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12023 on: May 15, 2022, 09:00:49 am »
Rest everyone! More than happy with 2 (possibly 3) trophies. We have to make a choice and based on the injuries and 120 mins v Chelsea we’ve got to rest people before Paris.

Can’t believe I’m saying that but yeah.

No. While the quad is still possible we have to go for it.

This team could write itself into history and there is not one person at the club who will not be wanting to achieve it.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12024 on: May 15, 2022, 09:01:06 am »
Two city draws is enough.

Unless City loses you'd be jeopardising the CL side in the hopes of a miracle.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12025 on: May 15, 2022, 09:01:44 am »
Unless City loses you'd be jeopardising the CL side in the hopes of a miracle.

Miracles can happen

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12026 on: May 15, 2022, 09:02:30 am »
What state is West Ham in? Do they have many injuries or are they full strength? Could be a pretty tricky game for Guardiola’s righteous gladiators.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12027 on: May 15, 2022, 09:08:21 am »
What state is West Ham in? Do they have many injuries or are they full strength? Could be a pretty tricky game for Guardiola’s righteous gladiators.

Pretty much OK I think and two wins gives them Europa league in place of the Mancs. Gollum would likely love to give them a right boot in the bollocks

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12028 on: May 15, 2022, 09:11:48 am »
See what happens today - City will probably win - it should be tougher than their last few games but I thought Wolves would be and City made a mockery of them.

Their title win will be a little bit overshadowed if we win the cup treble I would suggest.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #12029 on: May 15, 2022, 09:14:49 am »
don’t do it to yourself mate. You will get invested into it end up watching today and potentially  spoil a cup winning weekend. Leave it to agent Moyes to sort it out. Enjoy the mighty reds. What will be, will be.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12030 on: May 15, 2022, 09:40:36 am »
Oh, I’ve decided not to watch it. Will have a long walk and listen to podcasts about our FA cup win.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12031 on: May 15, 2022, 09:43:32 am »
You can see the strain of playing every 3/4 days for the last 2 months is catching up with us. Fab last week, Virg and Mo yesterday.

Risk of more injuries if we keep playing same team…..whatever happens, only Keita, Ali and Konate to start on Tuesday from the Cup final team.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12032 on: May 15, 2022, 10:02:07 am »
Even if City lose, what scope do we really have for picking a team on Tue?

The following players either played 120 gruelling minutes on Sat, were already injured, or picked up injuries. Even Alisson might have a knock.

VVD
Robbo
Fabinho
Thiago
Salah
Diaz
Mane
TAA
Henderson
Konate

Asking for serious trouble playing any of these. We might need to go some mental 4-2-3-1 like this:

Alisson

Bradley    Matip    Gomez      Tsimikas

Milner     Jones

Minamino  Firmino    Jota

Origi
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 10:15:04 am by kaesarsosei »

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12033 on: May 15, 2022, 10:11:00 am »
Even if City lose, what scope do we really have for picking a team on Tue?

The following players either played 120 gruelling minutes on Sat, were already injured, or picked up injuries. Even Alisson might have a knock.

VVD
Robbo
Fabinho
Thiago
Salah
Diaz
Mane
TAA
Henderson

Asking for serious trouble playing any of these.

If City draw or lose I'd play:

Kelleher

Gomez
Matip
Konate
Tsimi

Milner
Curtis
Oxlade/Elliot

Jota
Origi
Bobby

Maybe Hendo in midfield if Jurgen feels he's up to it and possibly he then brings in Keita or Thiago vs Wolves.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12034 on: May 15, 2022, 10:15:33 am »
Just seen that Villa play Thursday night ahead of the city game. Potential for some tired legs.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12035 on: May 15, 2022, 10:17:12 am »
Just seen that Villa play Thursday night ahead of the city game. Potential for some tired legs.

Be funny if Stevie played his under 18s on Thursday if City lose today. The fume would be delicious.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12036 on: May 15, 2022, 10:28:48 am »
The thing is, even if City draw then we probably have to go fairly strong against Saints. That still puts us with a result either way of us winning the league.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #12037 on: May 15, 2022, 10:30:50 am »
If City win today then rest everyone for the final two games.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12038 on: May 15, 2022, 10:32:03 am »
Be funny if Stevie played his under 18s on Thursday if City lose today. The fume would be delicious.
;D
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12039 on: May 15, 2022, 10:36:28 am »
If City win today then rest everyone for the final two games.

Rest them for one game. Resting them for two games runs the risk of our losing rhythm. Liverpool tends to lose sharpness when the gap between games is too big.