Author Topic: The PL run-in  (Read 980701 times)

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The PL run-in
« Reply #13560 on: May 22, 2022, 10:22:19 pm »
Premier League titles, you fucking moron.

Sky have done a right job on you i see.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13561 on: May 22, 2022, 10:22:56 pm »
There was an interview with Klopp a few months back in which he revealed that we had to switch from a more attacking and risky style in the first half of the season to the more defensively solid version of the second half because the staff realised that we weren’t going to win trophies the former way.

If you look at our results since then, they suggest that we were the best team in the league and the  world since that change was made. This knowledge gives me great hope for coming seasons and winning the PL despite Man City’s competition. 51 points, two cups, a third final to go since those tactical changes were made in January.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #13562 on: May 22, 2022, 10:23:56 pm »
So the name makes it different does it?

If you think it does then winning 2 of those more wouldnt make us the most successful english side.

My original post was about fans of a certain age having a right to feel unfortunate we haven't seen this club lift more titles. I'm not arsed whether it's called Division One, the Conference or the Premier League, but in my lifetime it has exclusively been called the latter, so that is the era I am referring to. If you had a brain cell, youd be able to keep up with the jist of this inane discussion which you started to begin with.

Enjoy your evening.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13563 on: May 22, 2022, 10:24:28 pm »
Sky have done a right job on you i see.

Read the whole discussion or kindly fuck off. :)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13564 on: May 22, 2022, 10:26:09 pm »
My original post was about fans of a certain age having a right to feel unfortunate we haven't seen this club lift more titles. I'm not arsed whether it's called Division One, the Conference or the Premier League, but in my lifetime it has exclusively been called the latter, so that is the era I am referring to.

You dont have a right to feel unfortunate. Nobody has a divine right to anything. I can understand if you didnt see us win anything or be glorious losers, but we are not.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13565 on: May 22, 2022, 10:26:32 pm »
Read the whole discussion or kindly fuck off. :)
There is only one league title and we have 19 of them. Football wasn't invented in the 90's.

Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13566 on: May 22, 2022, 10:27:50 pm »
There is only one league title and we have 19 of them. Football wasn't invented in the 90's.

I'm well aware of that, thanks. Why would I have said two or three posts ago that extra title or two would undeniably make us the most successful club in England otherwise? There's literally no comeback from any Manc if we match or better their league titles while having more of practically every other trophy in the cabinet.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #13567 on: May 22, 2022, 10:28:19 pm »
Fuck me this thread is tedious  :butt
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #13568 on: May 22, 2022, 10:30:56 pm »
Fuck me this thread is tedious  :butt
Can’t see it lasting much longer, it no longer serves a purpose. Unless of course, the sports washers are told they’ve been docked a couple of points for being a gang of pricks.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #13569 on: May 22, 2022, 10:32:12 pm »
I posted it in the Villa thread but taking Coutinho off after he just scored was a very naive thing to do. I'm not saying they wouldn't have lost if he stayed on but he's one of the very few players they have who's capable of producing world class moments at any given time during a match. You're 2-0 up with a player like that on the field - who's just scored mind - so why the fuck do you take him off.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13570 on: May 22, 2022, 10:33:40 pm »
I'm well aware of that, thanks. Why would I have said two or three posts ago that extra title or two would undeniably make us the most successful club in England otherwise? There's literally no comeback from any Manc if we match or better their league titles while having more of practically every other trophy in the cabinet.

Why were we unlucky in those seasons? Because City sporswashed and doped their way to the top?

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #13571 on: May 22, 2022, 10:34:17 pm »
I posted it in the Villa thread but taking Coutinho off after he just scored was a very naive thing to do. I'm not saying they wouldn't have lost if he stayed on but he's one of the very few players they have who's capable of producing world class moments at any given time during a match. You're 2-0 up with a player like that on the field - who's just scored mind - so why the fuck do you take him off.
Particularly as he didn’t play long on Thursday.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13572 on: May 22, 2022, 10:35:04 pm »
Can’t see it lasting much longer, it no longer serves a purpose. Unless of course, the sports washers are told they’ve been docked a couple of points for being a gang of pricks.

If that were the criteria, Man Utd would be in The Conference.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13573 on: May 22, 2022, 10:38:21 pm »
There is no run-in.

Close this shite mods.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13574 on: May 22, 2022, 10:39:05 pm »
Gone to shit in here. Give your heads a wobble