Author Topic: LOST - Channel 4 *warning spoilers, but no answers*  (Read 399732 times)

Offline mildale

• Mildly Jealous of a custom title
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LOST - Channel 4 *warning spoilers of future episodes*
« Reply #6600 on: May 11, 2010, 04:13:19 pm »
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I wouldn't read too much into that myself. I don't think it necessarily means anything and it's difficult to see exactly what is going on in that picture. Time will tell whether it's relevant I suppose.
The only thing it could mean is that smokie doesn't like water, but since he got out of the water fine there is nothing to it, IMO anyway.
www.twitter.com/mildale89

Oh and dont use Mars bars as sex tools. Took me ages to get it all out.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #6601 on: May 11, 2010, 04:21:29 pm »
:D I think it's mud from the shallow water he falls into.  Went and had a look at Lostpedia and there's a 27 page thread just on this

(giant picture put in spoiler so it doesn't mess up the page)
Spoiler

[close]
:lmao
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 04:31:02 pm by Uhoh AureliOs »

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6602 on: May 11, 2010, 04:25:00 pm »
Yeah, I think thats just a cool little easter egg for us obsessives, we already knew MIB doesn't like water, nothing important will come of it.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #6603 on: May 11, 2010, 04:28:26 pm »

It's really obvious when slowed down, I bet 99% of people missed it. Good spot Owens2k.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6604 on: May 11, 2010, 04:49:27 pm »

It's really obvious when slowed down, I bet 99% of people missed it. Good spot Owens2k.
Didnt spot it myself mate, found it on a geeky lost forum. (Yes i am a lost geek). Thing is I would have thought the writers would have made it more obvious if it had any significance to it.

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6605 on: May 11, 2010, 05:41:01 pm »
12 hours left :D
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #6606 on: May 11, 2010, 07:41:18 pm »
The only thing it could mean is that smokie doesn't like water, but since he got out of the water fine there is nothing to it, IMO anyway.

Jacob vs Fire didn't go so well...

Offline liverpool1691

• Anny Roader
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #6607 on: May 11, 2010, 09:36:07 pm »
Tonights episode should be awesome. I try not to hype it up too much though.

Offline mildale

• Mildly Jealous of a custom title
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6608 on: May 11, 2010, 09:38:28 pm »
Tonights episode should be awesome. I try not to hype it up too much though.
BUT IT'S GONNA BE SO FREAKIN AWESOME!!

www.twitter.com/mildale89

Oh and dont use Mars bars as sex tools. Took me ages to get it all out.

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
« Reply #6609 on: May 11, 2010, 10:26:54 pm »
haven't we already heard Jacob's answer? That the island is a cork keeping all the "evil" from spreading through the world, .........

Thats a metaphorical representation of what the island is, The Island is one of the most interesting characters in the show, it HAS to be explained more in depth than that.

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #6610 on: May 11, 2010, 10:46:31 pm »
I can't fucking wait.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #6611 on: May 11, 2010, 10:49:59 pm »
Anyone got a link to the before the last Lost? The one after Jack jumped of Sawyers boat? Pretty please.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6612 on: May 12, 2010, 12:12:06 am »
Anyone got a link to the before the last Lost? The one after Jack jumped of Sawyers boat? Pretty please.
www.ninjavideo.net

Offline skrtel_power

• but you can call me Elisha
  • Legacy Fan
  • He escaped from Walton Nik
« Reply #6613 on: May 12, 2010, 01:03:05 am »
If you re-watch the last episode you can see a sort of black liquid come out of locke as he hits the water

its his backpack ffs

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6614 on: May 12, 2010, 01:14:14 am »
its his backpack ffs
haha yeah, looks like it  ::)

Offline Mikuss

• Dynamo Midfielder
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • PSN- Mikuss
« Reply #6615 on: May 12, 2010, 01:40:56 am »
If anybody wants to watch it tonight, theres a few streams avaliable

HD stream on Veetle
http://www.firstrow.net/watch/16183/2/watch-abc.html
WMP Stream
http://www.firstrow.net/watch/16183/1/watch-abc.html
Justin TV
http://www.firstrow.net/watch/16183/3/watch-abc.html

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #6616 on: May 12, 2010, 01:47:28 am »
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Mikuss

• Dynamo Midfielder
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • PSN- Mikuss
« Reply #6617 on: May 12, 2010, 01:52:32 am »
What time does it start mate?
2am
8 mins or so!!!

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #6618 on: May 12, 2010, 02:18:56 am »
Spoiler
so they're protecting "light". Hmm...
[close]

That olive garden stuff looks lush. American's are so glutinous.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline oceanic 815

• Main Stander
« Reply #6619 on: May 12, 2010, 03:04:48 am »
Wtf was that?

Offline Mikuss

• Dynamo Midfielder
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • PSN- Mikuss
« Reply #6620 on: May 12, 2010, 03:06:18 am »
This is how i followed the episode;

Spoiler
HOLY SHIT, BEST START TO AN EPISODE EVER.
Wonder who this woman is that killed Jacob/Mib(presuming) mother. Seems a bit weird, shame too, the mother looked quite fit for a baby carrier.
She made it so they cant hurt each other, errrrrrr okay.
So this Light is what Lost has been about all this time, a Gold spectrum of light, this is what the Island is all about? not sure what to think. One of them must protect it, guess that turned out to be Jacob then.

Ahh, here is there mother again, definitely get it.
Holy shit again dude. no wonder he is messed up
FIGHHHTTTTTTTT.
MIB was the good guy after all... by the looks of it anyway
fucking adverts, pissing me off now.

still friends it seems
and there is a well
and down that well is where the light and that wheel is / where Desmond is?
HOLY SHIT AGAIN
this woman is fucking badass/insane

MORE FUCKING ADVERTS. FUCK OFF.

so there back at the stream near the rock
the wine/potion gives the right to look after the island? wonder if Jacob tried that with MIB when he smashed the glass bottle
and how the fuck did one woman take out the whole army and destroy that well?

and ads. :@

she aint going home jacob shes going... welll somewhere else i presume
oh well she did, but yeah BA-BYE, HOW'D YOU LIKE THOSE APPLES AY.
getting thrown into the light makes you a smoke monster these days does it? makes no sense...
oh wait, his body :S
awhhh Adam and Eve! haha
[close]
well, i think this post was sponsored by the words Holy Shit.

I don't really know what to say.

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6621 on: May 12, 2010, 03:16:12 am »
That did not come close to living up to what I expected. They seriously need to add a bit more to those backstories (in what is only two episodes) or this will have been a royal waste of time from series 3 onwards.

Wasn't a bad episode but it needed to be so much more. They set the standards high last week but with these being the last few episodes ever, they needed to up a notch again. They haven't done that, at all. The only huge question answered was done in such a fucking patronising way as well.

Offline Mikuss

• Dynamo Midfielder
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • PSN- Mikuss
« Reply #6622 on: May 12, 2010, 03:22:29 am »
That did not come close to living up to what I expected. They seriously need to add a bit more to those backstories (in what is only two episodes) or this will have been a royal waste of time from series 3 onwards.

Wasn't a bad episode but it needed to be so much more. They set the standards high last week but with these being the last few episodes ever, they needed to up a notch again. They haven't done that, at all. The only huge question answered was done in such a fucking patronising way as well.

Suppose i understand where your coming from but;

Spoiler
I was very much looking forward to finding out the history of how MIB and Jacob got to become on the Island, and why one wanted to get off etc. bit disappointed that some questions are still left unanswered though. Like the scene where MIB wakes up and everybody had just died and the well was covered up. presume they would have included a scene for that though if there was more room left to do so. No real answer to where they came from originally either, just that they drifted there on the water. What language were they speaking at the beginning? i presumed it was Latin or something and then the started talking English =/
[close]

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6623 on: May 12, 2010, 03:36:22 am »
Spoiler
Every time we think we find someone who knows something it turns out they know fuck all. We find Ben, we think this guy knows his shit. No. Then there's richard? He hasn't a clue either it turns out. Jacob? Well now we find out he's only guarding the place 'cos of his 'mum'. meant to be a moral in that. 'Cos I'm fucked off if there is.

His mum, who we find out nearly fuck all about, seems to be the sociopath that's started it anyways. Why did she kill their real mother? Why shouldn't MIB leave the island? Now it's because he's the smoke-monster but before that we didn't get a reason. Are we to assume that this whole thing stems from her own selfishness? Is there

Presumably she torched the village. I think she wanted to die - to escape - and she needed someone there to pass on her job to before she could do that. THat wasn't directly said though.

3 episodes from the end - that is not the time for more questions. Answers? Yes. Twists? Definitely if it's done correctly. Not stupid questions though.

It wasn't a bad episode or anything. I think the fact that MIB could see his dead mother but Jacob couldn't is interesting. MIB can turn into anyone dead infront of anyone else. Only Hurley can see dead people. Seems he has a big part to play.

The Adam and Eve thing was bollocks. If you've followed a show like Lost for this long you should have some idea of what's going on. It was just so patronising.

*Jacob lays bodies down in exact same style as Adam & Eve, in exact same place*

Writer: Ok let's show a clip of season 1 here just to confirm it.
Writer2: actually, make it two. Leave them in no doubt.
Writer3: actually, shall we just get Locke to come in and say who it is?
*others all nod in agreement*

If they leave it with no back story on the fake mother from here on in they've ballsed it up majorly... and the fact that there's so little time left for that... well. Not hopefully.

And of course, we still haven't got a fucking jolly as to who got her to protect the 'source' in the first place. Just keep on hitting dead ends there.
[close]

They're really going to have to pull this out over the last 3 and a bit hours. They've left themselves a shit load to do.

Offline Mikuss

• Dynamo Midfielder
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • PSN- Mikuss
« Reply #6624 on: May 12, 2010, 03:39:19 am »
http://stillex.com/fclzpofsg1j3/
A stream to Episode 15 in DivX

Offline Mikuss

• Dynamo Midfielder
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • PSN- Mikuss
« Reply #6625 on: May 12, 2010, 03:50:57 am »
Spoiler
Every time we think we find someone who knows something it turns out they know fuck all. We find Ben, we think this guy knows his shit. No. Then there's richard? He hasn't a clue either it turns out. Jacob? Well now we find out he's only guarding the place 'cos of his 'mum'. meant to be a moral in that. 'Cos I'm fucked off if there is.

His mum, who we find out nearly fuck all about, seems to be the sociopath that's started it anyways. Why did she kill their real mother? Why shouldn't MIB leave the island? Now it's because he's the smoke-monster but before that we didn't get a reason. Are we to assume that this whole thing stems from her own selfishness? Is there

Presumably she torched the village. I think she wanted to die - to escape - and she needed someone there to pass on her job to before she could do that. THat wasn't directly said though.

3 episodes from the end - that is not the time for more questions. Answers? Yes. Twists? Definitely if it's done correctly. Not stupid questions though.

It wasn't a bad episode or anything. I think the fact that MIB could see his dead mother but Jacob couldn't is interesting. MIB can turn into anyone dead infront of anyone else. Only Hurley can see dead people. Seems he has a big part to play.

The Adam and Eve thing was bollocks. If you've followed a show like Lost for this long you should have some idea of what's going on. It was just so patronising.

*Jacob lays bodies down in exact same style as Adam & Eve, in exact same place*

Writer: Ok let's show a clip of season 1 here just to confirm it.
Writer2: actually, make it two. Leave them in no doubt.
Writer3: actually, shall we just get Locke to come in and say who it is?
*others all nod in agreement*

If they leave it with no back story on the fake mother from here on in they've ballsed it up majorly... and the fact that there's so little time left for that... well. Not hopefully.

And of course, we still haven't got a fucking jolly as to who got her to protect the 'source' in the first place. Just keep on hitting dead ends there.
[close]

They're really going to have to pull this out over the last 3 and a bit hours. They've left themselves a shit load to do.

Few Extra points i realised too;

Spoiler
Locke saying what he saw was beautiful when looking into the eye of the island to Mr. Eko / Jack. Maybe he seen the image of this light in a tunnel

some questions i feel we won't find out are;
Where 'mother' came from
Where the real Jacob/Adam's mother came from
although i do think we'll find out what the Smoke Monster is in more depth, and maybe what Adams real name is.

Then we've got the whole War going on with Flocke(Adam/Smokie/MiB) and Widmore, the flash sideways to follow, and the whole conclusion to something that has been in our lives for 8 years or whatever, in 3 episodes.
I suppose there is still quite a bit :(
Don't know why they just didn't expand the season out unless there was production issues, have a feeling some people are going to be disappointed whatever happens though.
[close]

Offline Jambo Power

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6626 on: May 12, 2010, 04:16:36 am »

It's a story, you either like it or you don't. Nothing is going to be perfect.

I like it.

Offline Jambo Power

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6627 on: May 12, 2010, 04:25:44 am »

And if it is a Royal waste of time in the end, you've only been wasting your own time. So you have only got yourself to blame :nirnir

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6628 on: May 12, 2010, 05:22:01 am »
And if it is a Royal waste of time in the end, you've only been wasting your own time. So you have only got yourself to blame :nirnir

Actually the writers would've been wasting my time - and a shit load of other peoples.

You've clearly set yourself up to be happy with any possible out come though so don't seem to have a problem with
Spoiler
an essential character being introduced 3 episodes before the end, in what was a stand-alone episode, that didn't actual answer any major questions, certainly no more than it ended up posing
[close]

I'm looking forward to the ending where Hurley's bird shoots JR and takes over Dale Cooper's body.

Offline Hannibal

• Kopite
« Reply #6629 on: May 12, 2010, 06:05:00 am »

Offline Refo

• ree! How art thee?!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6630 on: May 12, 2010, 06:55:36 am »
Oh, JJ, Wherefore dost thou leave me so unsatisfied?
I'm liking this Refo-fella. Wanna adopt?

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6631 on: May 12, 2010, 09:41:22 am »
I knew I should of stopped watching this at the end of Season 2
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #6632 on: May 12, 2010, 10:08:00 am »
anyone spare a fresh link for a brother in need?

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6633 on: May 12, 2010, 11:01:25 am »
Umm, that was...not really awful.

Spoiler
I need to watch it again but felt very much like filler to me, it reminded me of the Richard episode the way the first half hour was dragged out for no reason and we learnt nothing! I'm fully expecting a lot of ambiguous answers at the end of this show (and I welcome them) but a lot of this seemed pointless.

I think it makes sense a little I guess, Jacob punished his brother by sending him in to the light, violating the purpose of the light which unleashed the Entity which then chose his brother's form for maximum annoyance factor....a little sense. Argh, I dunno.

The goal of last week was to clearly prove MIB was evil, but this episode put his motivations squarely into the ambiguous/nothing really wrong with that category. I wanted him to succeed here, and they made him quite sympathetic - I enjoyed they way they keep switching it around. Meanwhile, Jacob looks like he's simply been manipulated into protecting the island without any explanation of why MIB couldn't leave.
[close]
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline dcornell

• Kopite
« Reply #6634 on: May 12, 2010, 11:06:09 am »
Not half as good as I was expecting. There's now a few things they HAVE to answer, and I'm certain they will.

Spoiler
Where did both the real and fake mothers come from? Particularly important that they explain where the fake mother came from, why she was chosen to protect the island and how she could prevent the brothers from killing one another. I'd be surprised if this wasn't explained and expect it to get mentioned by Jacob/MIB within the finale.

There's three episodes left, basically a three part finale. We now know how smokey was formed, and why MIB wants to kill Jacob. I'm sure the finale will answer who the mother was and what happened after. They have to answer this.

I think a lot of people will be disappointed with that episode, but I think it's just setting everything up for one massive finale. Didn't expect to find out what the island was at that episode, this will all be saved for the very end. Have faith people.

Preview for the finale 'What They Died For':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mfys5-Elhw

Sneak Peak 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcElsT1oL14

[close]

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #6635 on: May 12, 2010, 11:13:56 am »
Umm, that was...not really awful.

where did you watch it rusty?  me bursting to check it out.

Offline neel2108

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the king.
« Reply #6636 on: May 12, 2010, 11:14:34 am »
where did you watch it rusty?  me bursting to check it out.

Just head over to www.cucirca.com and there's streaming links there mate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrryWFt7SII

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"With one swing of his gifted right boot Steven Gerrard says, Champions League, Knockout Stage, Here we come!!"

Just can't get enough...........

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #6637 on: May 12, 2010, 11:15:36 am »
Just head over to www.cucirca.com and there's streaming links there mate.

you're a gent sir ;D

Offline neel2108

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the king.
« Reply #6638 on: May 12, 2010, 11:17:51 am »
Not half as good as I was expecting. There's now a few things they HAVE to answer, and I'm certain they will.

Spoiler
Where did both the real and fake mothers come from? Particularly important that they explain where the fake mother came from, why she was chosen to protect the island and how she could prevent the brothers from killing one another. I'd be surprised if this wasn't explained and expect it to get mentioned by Jacob/MIB within the finale.

There's three episodes left, basically a three part finale. We now know how smokey was formed, and why MIB wants to kill Jacob. I'm sure the finale will answer who the mother was and what happened after. They have to answer this.

I think a lot of people will be disappointed with that episode, but I think it's just setting everything up for one massive finale. Didn't expect to find out what the island was at that episode, this will all be saved for the very end. Have faith people.

Preview for the finale 'What They Died For':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mfys5-Elhw

Sneak Peak 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcElsT1oL14

[close]

Watched the sneak peek. SHIT BALLS FUCK!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrryWFt7SII

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"With one swing of his gifted right boot Steven Gerrard says, Champions League, Knockout Stage, Here we come!!"

Just can't get enough...........

Offline dcornell

• Kopite
« Reply #6639 on: May 12, 2010, 11:25:35 am »

Watched the sneak peek. SHIT BALLS FUCK!

Spoiler
This is why I'm sure they'll answer who the fake mother was etc. With kid Jacob around, he'll provide the answers, maybe through Hurley.
[close]