Author Topic: LOST - Channel 4 *warning spoilers, but no answers*  (Read 399711 times)

Offline kirzer

• Kopite
Re: LOST - Channel 4 *warning spoilers of future episodes*
« Reply #6800 on: May 19, 2010, 01:42:51 pm »
Spoiler

The concert being held in the Museum, and Sawyer goes with Miles?

[close]

Spoiler
Sawyer said he will give it a miss because Charlotte is going to be there. Whats the significance of it being held in the museum, lost you there? Desmond is getting everyone together in the same place because the timelines are going to merge or something like that and he needs everyone there so I am wondering if Sawyer not being there is important or not.It will probably turn out he changed his mind and turns up anyway.
[close]

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6801 on: May 19, 2010, 01:57:46 pm »
Same here.

*awaits the wrath of Timbo*

x2

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6802 on: May 19, 2010, 02:02:21 pm »
Spoiler
Sawyer said he will give it a miss because Charlotte is going to be there. Whats the significance of it being held in the museum, lost you there? Desmond is getting everyone together in the same place because the timelines are going to merge or something like that and he needs everyone there so I am wondering if Sawyer not being there is important or not.It will probably turn out he changed his mind and turns up anyway.
[close]

Spoiler

Yep, that's what I meant. Sawyer will change his mind and go with Miles. And the concert could be being held in the Museum. I can't remember if Miles said why he was going there?

[close]

Offline kirzer

• Kopite
« Reply #6803 on: May 19, 2010, 02:09:50 pm »
Spoiler

Yep, that's what I meant. Sawyer will change his mind and go with Miles. And the concert could be being held in the Museum. I can't remember if Miles said why he was going there?

[close]

Spoiler
Yeh he said he was going to a benefit concert at his dad's museum, everyone is going to the same place.
[close]

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6804 on: May 19, 2010, 03:14:39 pm »
Spoiler

Faraday will no doubt be there as well, with his parents.

Also, Hurley seems to now have complete recognition of the Island storyline as he recognised the hot police chick.

[close]

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #6805 on: May 19, 2010, 03:53:02 pm »
Same here.

*awaits the wrath of Timbo*

:rant

;D

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6806 on: May 19, 2010, 03:56:16 pm »
A few sneak peeks up for the Finale:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZRD9yHRL9w

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #6807 on: May 19, 2010, 04:07:12 pm »
I love this show. :D
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6808 on: May 19, 2010, 04:12:54 pm »
I thought it was a cracking episode.

Offline Mikuss

• Dynamo Midfielder
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • PSN- Mikuss
« Reply #6809 on: May 19, 2010, 04:17:47 pm »
I don't want to read any of the spoilers here, as i'm not sure what's going to be in them now. :(

Offline Bangers N Masch

• Legacy Fan
  • Backing Hodgson.
« Reply #6810 on: May 19, 2010, 04:28:41 pm »
Good episode, followed on nicely from last week's disappointing ep.

Spoiler
Not that it really matters, but where the fuck was Miles in Ben's 'closet'? The whole Ben/Richard/Miles storyline seems so pointless now, it was forgotten about for 5 episodes and their whole purpose was actually pointless due to Widmore being "3 steps ahead" of Ben. Speaking of Ben, what happened to him being an improved guy? Hopefully he'll betray Locke, because it seemed as if he was happy to be his wingman again despite what has happened in the past 16 episodes..

As for Desmond and Jack, good to see them being the main men. Really interested to see the importance Desmond has on-island. One quote that interested me was Desmond's about Ana Lucia off-island, "She's not ready yet". What was that all about lol?
[close]
'Nights like the semi-final back in 2005 live long in the memory of anyone who witnessed it, never mind me as an opposition player. That night has always stuck in my head and given me the desire to one day play in a red shirt and help the club return to its former glory days.'

Muted for 12 days for calling Rafa fat.

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6811 on: May 19, 2010, 04:54:52 pm »
Good episode, followed on nicely from last week's disappointing ep.

Spoiler
Not that it really matters, but where the fuck was Miles in Ben's 'closet'? The whole Ben/Richard/Miles storyline seems so pointless now, it was forgotten about for 5 episodes and their whole purpose was actually pointless due to Widmore being "3 steps ahead" of Ben. Speaking of Ben, what happened to him being an improved guy? Hopefully he'll betray Locke, because it seemed as if he was happy to be his wingman again despite what has happened in the past 16 episodes..

As for Desmond and Jack, good to see them being the main men. Really interested to see the importance Desmond has on-island. One quote that interested me was Desmond's about Ana Lucia off-island, "She's not ready yet". What was that all about lol?
[close]

Spoiler
Miles went off on his own with the walkie talkie
[close]

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6812 on: May 19, 2010, 05:09:41 pm »
Spoiler
Did they give an explanation for the blood on Jack's neck at the start of the episode? I know we had seen it before in a previous episode but can't remember how it got there. Was it from Charlie on the plane?
[close]

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6813 on: May 19, 2010, 05:46:36 pm »
Spoiler
Checking if I have enough brains to make a spoiler work
[close]

Yes!

Watched the latest one, can't wait for finale.

Spoiler
Miles will have heard all the stuff on walkie talkie. Think Ben will have to double cross Flocke now that he's said he's going to destroy the island. Characters dying at a rate of knots. Jack is the new Jacob, no surprise there.
[close]
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 05:48:20 pm by SamAteTheRedAcid »
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6814 on: May 19, 2010, 05:50:34 pm »
Spoiler
Did they give an explanation for the blood on Jack's neck at the start of the episode? I know we had seen it before in a previous episode but can't remember how it got there. Was it from Charlie on the plane?
[close]

Spoiler
Can't remember where it was from but I'm hoping it will be something from the timelines converging. Was wondering though - I thought the thing was going to be that Jack realised in the FSW that he had to kill Locke during surgery, but if they're all going to the museum then he's not going to be operating.
[close]
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6815 on: May 19, 2010, 06:03:59 pm »
Spoiler
Checking if I have enough brains to make a spoiler work
[close]

Yes!

Watched the latest one, can't wait for finale.

Spoiler
Miles will have heard all the stuff on walkie talkie. Think Ben will have to double cross Flocke now that he's said he's going to destroy the island. Characters dying at a rate of knots. Jack is the new Jacob, no surprise there.
[close]

Spoiler
Ben will defo double cross Smokey imo, the reason he killed Widmore was not to allign himself with Smokey but for retribution for Widmore's men killing his daughter. I can see him being some sort of sacrificial hero at the end
[close]

Offline MorteDiem

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6816 on: May 19, 2010, 06:56:25 pm »
Don't think this has been posted on here before, but thought it was excellent, its a non-serious interview with Pellegrino / Welliver just after the Across the Sea episode:

http://www.ew.com/ew/video/0,,20313460_20313475,00.html?bcpid=75281507001&bclid=64100614001&bctid=86386095001

It does contain a lot of spoilers so if you haven't watched that episode, then don't watch that.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 07:00:23 pm by MorteDiem »

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6817 on: May 19, 2010, 07:22:15 pm »
Spoiler

Surely they'll get Sawyer to the concert when he finds out his escaped convict is there too?

It's probably more to do with the contrast to the last episode but I thought that was cracking. Really well paced, all of the main characters making proactive decisions, great acting all round (almost made me forget about Alison Janney and the kid's lame performances from last week...almost), the plot really moved forwards and we got some decent answers.

I even liked Jacob's little fireside chat, the reasons for them being picked really worked for me and I think it's the most satisfying answer we could have hoped for. That was one of the 'big' mysteries answered in a decent, non-clunky way. However, still no answer to why MIB escaping the Island is so bad or what he'll do! So we didn't really learn "What They Died For".

I loved seeing Ben being his old self again although this just reminds me how wasted he has been this season, his scenes with the two Locke's and Danielle were brilliant. Widmore's death was a great moment and great for Ben's character. He's defo conning Flocke and I'm sure those walkie talkies will play a big part in the finale. Heroic sacrifice on the cards I think.

Jack becoming the new leader was predictable but still felt very earnt, just looking back over the whole show at his arc and story it really works and it seems like they have been building up to it all along. The same could be said for Sawyer who I think would have been a good choice as as well, he has probably matured and changed the most out of all of them...great stuff.

Richard's death was abrupt but his character was basically finished with anyway and I thought it showed how MIB is not fucking around anymore.

Roll on Monday morning!
[close]
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6818 on: May 19, 2010, 07:31:35 pm »
Original audition tapes for Lost http://io9.com/5541237/lost-the-14-casting-tapes-that-started-it-all

Weird seeing Matthew Fox and Jorge Garcia be Sawyer!

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6819 on: May 19, 2010, 09:22:26 pm »
Spoiler
phenomenal scenes.

how on earth does hurley know everything? just from the kiss with libby in the FSW? how does desmond know whats gonna happen
[close]

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #6820 on: May 19, 2010, 11:21:45 pm »
Spoiler
Roussou looked milf-tastic.
[close]
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 11:36:17 pm by Juan Loco »
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline liverpool1691

• Anny Roader
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #6821 on: May 19, 2010, 11:29:19 pm »
btw can people PLEASE say whether finale or latest episdoe spoilers are involved in their spoilers. Sorry I just don't wanna read finale spoiler accidently lol

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #6822 on: May 19, 2010, 11:55:40 pm »
Spoiler
Jack's wife (kids mom) is that blonde BABE from happy gilmour (and modern family if you watch that show - you should all check it out its pretty great)
[close]

I think people are assuming that she hasn't been show because it won't be her in this reality
@TomNJones on Twitter

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6823 on: May 19, 2010, 11:58:03 pm »
btw can people PLEASE say whether finale or latest episdoe spoilers are involved in their spoilers. Sorry I just don't wanna read finale spoiler accidently lol

Fully agree, in fact just don't post them in here at all, I reckon no-one in here wants them and if anyone does it's easy enough to go and find them elsewhere.

Anyway, I have a thought about the finale...
Spoiler
The set up of Jack as the new saviour was a bit too straightforward and obvious, the conversion would be much better suited to the finale. I'm thinking (and hoping for) a major switcheroo on Sunday...I think we may say Jack murdered to fuck by the MIB with someone like Sawyer, Desmond or AlterniLocke taking over.

Whatever happens I'm hoping for a big surprise
[close]

Offline neel2108

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the king.
« Reply #6824 on: May 20, 2010, 12:06:56 am »
Don't think this has been posted on here before, but thought it was excellent, its a non-serious interview with Pellegrino / Welliver just after the Across the Sea episode:

http://www.ew.com/ew/video/0,,20313460_20313475,00.html?bcpid=75281507001&bclid=64100614001&bctid=86386095001

It does contain a lot of spoilers so if you haven't watched that episode, then don't watch that.

Fuckin quality that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrryWFt7SII

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"With one swing of his gifted right boot Steven Gerrard says, Champions League, Knockout Stage, Here we come!!"

Just can't get enough...........

Offline kirzer

• Kopite
« Reply #6825 on: May 20, 2010, 12:54:19 am »
Spoiler
Jack's wife (kids mom) is that blonde BABE from happy gilmour (and modern family if you watch that show - you should all check it out its pretty great)
[close]
Spoiler
Yes you are correct for the original timeline, but not for the flash-sideways. I'm pretty sure its gonna turn out to be Juliet because we haven't seen her in the flash sideways yet and she is sure to make an appearance.
[close]

Offline a red revolution

• Legacy Fan
  • Forty-five!!
« Reply #6826 on: May 20, 2010, 07:21:01 am »
Spoiler
Loved Henry Ian Cusick's performance this week. The way that he delivered some of the lines in that episode, especially to Sayid and Kate in the cells and on their way to jail in the back of the van as well as during his fight with Ben, was brilliant. As a character Desmond just gets better and I think it's his storylines I'll miss the most once the show is over.

Thought we were going to get some big reveal when Jacob starting talking to Jack about the bamboo filed he woke up in. I'm still holding out for them to have some big link between that very first episode and the ending of the whole thing. . . .
[close]

Spoiler
Yes you are correct for the original timeline, but not for the flash-sideways. I'm pretty sure its gonna turn out to be Juliet because we haven't seen her in the flash sideways yet and she is sure to make an appearance.
[close]

Spoiler
I think it'll be Juliet too.

Ever since the FSW started and we got Miles' "it worked" message from dead and buried Juliet at the start of the season (using a pretty big assumption that the message was showing that at the point of her death she was conscious of slipping between the 2007 and 2004 timelines) I've been waiting for her to show up somewhere.
[close]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 07:34:16 am by a red revolution »
"It is easy for these so-called experts to talk about the game when they don't see the training. . . . . it is easy for people to criticise on television; they have never managed a team that has lost a game - or won one."

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6827 on: May 20, 2010, 08:43:09 am »
Spoiler
I just can't see Richard being bumped off like that. Jacob and MIB keep him alive for hundreds of years torturing him because he wants to die and then WHAM he's gone. I still think there's something for him in the last episode
[close]
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #6828 on: May 20, 2010, 09:11:17 am »
Spoiler
I just can't see Richard being bumped off like that. Jacob and MIB keep him alive for hundreds of years torturing him because he wants to die and then WHAM he's gone. I still think there's something for him in the last episode
[close]

Or the writers wrote what has turned out to be a pointless character and weren't smart enough to think of an interesting way to get rid of him ;)

nibble nibble Timbo

"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #6829 on: May 20, 2010, 09:39:37 am »
Spoiler
Roussou looked milf-tastic.
[close]

indeed she scrubs up well ;D

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #6830 on: May 20, 2010, 09:41:49 am »
Or the writers wrote what has turned out to be a pointless character and weren't smart enough to think of an interesting way to get rid of him ;)

nibble nibble Timbo

or his purpose had been served.  lets face it lots of characters have been abruptly offed over the past 6 seasons.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #6831 on: May 20, 2010, 09:59:31 am »
oh and i thought that episode was a humdinger.  there will be many twists in the road before we get to the end but pace wise i feel the last three episodes have brought things to the boil very nicely.  i'm definitely back on the firm with lost ;D

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #6832 on: May 20, 2010, 10:22:53 am »
Questions still unanswered from this new episode

Spoiler
So did Jacob create the black smoke?  If so how the hell did the mother smash the whole village up
[close]

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #6833 on: May 20, 2010, 10:45:25 am »

nibble nibble Timbo

...which reminds me, I used to know this nerdy geek who thought he was dead smart....or was it a geeky nerd?...hmmm....

Hi Juan, how goes it?

;D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 11:30:14 am by Timbo's Goals »

Offline mulane

• rouge
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6834 on: May 20, 2010, 10:47:55 am »
What i dont understand is

Spoiler
why richard told us about burying bens daughter in that place where miles heard some weird sounds, what did we need to know that for. just seemed very random
[close]

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #6835 on: May 20, 2010, 10:53:19 am »
What i dont understand is

Spoiler
why richard told us about burying bens daughter in that place where miles heard some weird sounds, what did we need to know that for. just seemed very random
[close]

Spoiler
It was the writers reminding you about Ben being responsible for his daughter's death. Very unsubtly. So that they can then use it as his motivation for killing Widmore.
[close]

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #6836 on: May 20, 2010, 11:03:55 am »
oh and i thought that episode was a humdinger.  there will be many twists in the road before we get to the end but pace wise i feel the last three episodes have brought things to the boil very nicely.  i'm definitely back on the firm with lost ;D

Having read your disillusionment in you earlier posts I must say I'm really pleased with that H. Especially from your own enjoyment/entertainment perspective of course. You don't often come across someone with the sort of open-mindedness that enables them to get back into something once their initial buzz has gone. Refreshing. Nice one. Yours is an interesting perspective on the thing.

:)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 11:29:36 am by Timbo's Goals »

Offline mulane

• rouge
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6837 on: May 20, 2010, 11:03:57 am »
Spoiler
It was the writers reminding you about Ben being responsible for his daughter's death. Very unsubtly. So that they can then use it as his motivation for killing Widmore.
[close]

Spoiler
ah yes! i still dont think it was her miles heard at that scene tho, seemed like twas something more evil
[close]

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #6838 on: May 20, 2010, 11:22:25 am »
Spoiler
according to Jorge Garcia's blog, when Desmond was beating Ben he accidentally connected with a punch and gave Ben a real black eye.

:D Ben must have spent most of his time on screen with a beaten face

[close]

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #6839 on: May 20, 2010, 02:02:45 pm »
Having read your disillusionment in you earlier posts I must say I'm really pleased with that H. Especially from your own enjoyment/entertainment perspective of course. You don't often come across someone with the sort of open-mindedness that enables them to get back into something once their initial buzz has gone. Refreshing. Nice one. Yours is an interesting perspective on the thing.

:)

ha ha timbo that is a very accurate analysis of my personality.  very black and white i'm afraid.  still with lost my frustration comes from having invested SO much in the first three seasons.  to be fair the sheer weight of expectation having been hooked means that its pretty much impossible for the show to live up to what i want.  i think manifest touched on this with a response to one of my more negative comments: sometimes the seduction and foreplay of mystery is more satisfying than the rather basic cum shots of revelation.  maybe not quite those words mind ;)

still the fact that something like lost actually got made and has run this long is a remarkable thing in itself.  a towering effort of imagination i think i'm going to focus on the positives for the run in.