Author Topic: LOST - Channel 4 *warning spoilers, but no answers*  (Read 399944 times)

Offline Red_in_Holland

• arl arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack is the best defense.. btw we have both
Re: LOST - Channel 4 *warning spoilers of future episodes*
« Reply #6760 on: May 17, 2010, 10:04:48 pm »
Timbo will probably swerve it.. I reckon 'Long" Juan Loco will have talked him outta watching the finale by then.

Los Rojos Conquistadores
"It's good to have a challenge in training. If you play against one of the best strikers in the Premier League almost everyday, that can only help you when the game comes around each weekend."

Asked if he had worked out how to stop Torres, Hyypia added: "I'm working on it, I'm working on it.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #6761 on: May 17, 2010, 11:00:50 pm »
How come they're showing the finale on Sunday? Sorry if it's been asked already but I can't be bothered to read through all of these posts lol.

ABC are making it an event. Devoting the whole evening to it - 2 hours of cast specials before - and Lost people on chat shows after. Probably easier for the network to clear a Sunday night than a Tuesday.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #6762 on: May 18, 2010, 12:07:13 am »
There's an episode tomorrow, then the rest is on Sunday. It's on a week later in the UK, Timbo must be gutted.

That is a bit of killer. Looks like it's the bunker for a week.

:)

Seriously wouldn't you think Sky would get their finger out. Twats. Obviously they've got no cutting edge with ABC in the states.

Bit like RIH's fuckin razor.

:)

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #6763 on: May 18, 2010, 01:47:46 am »
This is probably the best show I've seen on telly. Don't think there will ever be another programme that will have so many people gripped for 6 years (Bar Corrie and shit). Going to be gutted when its all over.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Red_in_Holland

• arl arse
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6764 on: May 18, 2010, 02:10:44 am »
This is probably the best show I've seen on telly. Don't think there will ever be another programme that will have so many people gripped for 6 years (Bar Corrie and shit). Going to be gutted when its all over.

That should be the last post in this thread.   Even with whatever happens in the episodes to come, your post said it all, mate.
Los Rojos Conquistadores
"It's good to have a challenge in training. If you play against one of the best strikers in the Premier League almost everyday, that can only help you when the game comes around each weekend."

Asked if he had worked out how to stop Torres, Hyypia added: "I'm working on it, I'm working on it.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #6765 on: May 18, 2010, 11:19:18 am »
That should be the last post in this thread .   

Sorry dave lad i'd already been drafting a reply to poor old seebab

;D

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #6766 on: May 18, 2010, 11:25:51 am »
Just watched the last episode. I'm trying to agree with what you're saying Timbo but I just can't. Rubbish episode. The first two seasons were brilliant viewing and series 3 and 4 were alright. What bothers me about the writers isn't the fact that they 'made up stuff' as they went along- it's that they're so busy reading and doing what the viewers tell them to do.

I know you have to satisfy the viewers but doing what they say or trying to prove the viewers wrong is just stupid. It reminds me of that episode when the writers decided to put older Walt in a 30 second scene talking to Locke and that was it- just because everyone was complaining that Walt wasn't in the show. Instead of succumbing to the viewers' impatience they could have perhaps created a good storyline or explanation regarding Walt, his specialness and his 'ghosts' later on in the series.

The show for me was so much better when the answers came along slowly and were explained well, but everyone complained about how there weren't any answers. This didn't bother me at all. I could have waited. Instead the writers stuffed all the answers hastily in a few episodes with crap explanations.

One of the biggest let downs in this show for me was the explanations for visions like Christia and Walt- both charactes I liked a lot and were very mysterious. I can't even remember the last time Christian appeared and MIB just says he wasd Christian all along.  Really disappointing.

Don't worry Seeb, Brucie'll be touring again soon I'm sure. He's got all the answers as we well know.

;)

Seriously, though, I can sense your real disappointment and frustration. And I do feel a tinge of sympathy for the likes of yourself. And it seems - judging by all the message boards - as if you're far from alone if not actually in the majority of folks who’ve followed the show.

The thing is it's not that I don't see the sort of thing that is frustrating you all - the realisation that loads of your questions are likely not going to be answered, the final series introduction of major players that seems more gratuitous than planned and the fact , I guess, that the plot appears to have more inconsistencies and have reached more dead ends than Liverpool's attack this season.

From my own viewpoint whilst I do see most of the things that irk so many people I have to say such things simply don't detract from my own enjoyment. The Across the Sea episode just gone forinstance.  Whilst most seemed to think it was rubbish I just absolutely loved every second of it. Now I can't adequately explain such disparity of views but clearly a large part of it has to stem from what each watcher was expecting to derive from it and how little or far those expectations were met.

Many were pissed off since they felt it never delivered one iota of what they craved. Me? Well I was just captivated. The biblical/mythical feel. The Old Testament style slayings. The initial washing ashore of Claudia  against the island backdrop that hadn't changed from what we see today. The main protaganist making that point subtly but surely in her 2500 year old Roman garb. The simplicity of the plot seemed to jar with most who dissed it as weak and vacuous but for me it worked beautifully. I loved the whole feel and atmosphere of it. If it had tried to go any further for me it would have cluttered it and spoilt what I felt was something really special. Sure the dialogue may not have vied for literary awards but it felt perfectly congruous to me with what it was intended to convey. Certainly in filling in gaps in our understanding of the basic concepts at play whilst as ever teasing us with what it didn’t answer.   

Obviously we all see things through differing lenses with our different sensibilities but for me it worked magically as the episode when we all needed to stop and smell the roses and see just how pivotal the island figures in the creators mindset. In the underpinning of the story they’ve striven to tell.  That for me was the main thrust of the episode – the permanence of the island and its place in the storyline.

I also have similar ambivalence to earlier gaffes/plot shortcomings . The point you make about the writers'/series early pre-occupation with Walt followed by his airbrushing out without so much as a bye your leave or nod and a wink. Then the frequent appearances of Christian Shepherd with only that scant admission from Flocke in explanation.. Or the abrupt cheerio from Eko and his brudder. Or the switching from science to myth to magic and back to science.

Okay so I can’t honestly say I wouldn’t want them to smooth out a few wrinkles like these. But in overall terms I also can’t say any of it really jars that much with me. I really do see them as mere blips set against the huge ambition and scope of the entire thing. Sure they’ve fucked things up. But I for one am certainly not counting up any of the debt that others seem to feel they’re rightfully due payback on.

Thing is I do just honestly see the thing for what I think it is. That is a TV rollercoaster of complete and utter nonsense and bilge but the most enjoyable nonsense and bilge it's ever been my privilege to be entertained by on the telly.  And a real attempt by television entertainment at true art to boot. I see the entire thing as an entity.   Not as something to be graded – or more likely in recent times torn to shreds - episode by episode. The episodes for me are merely parts of a whole. And it’s the whole which I absolutely love.  I got in for the ride and the ride has been amazing, flat spots, warts and all.

And moving onto the upcoming finale, crucially not even for one tiny minute do I believe the writer's can supply us with one panacea explanation or better still a glut of them to sate our cravings to know the answers to every significant loose end they've laid down and teased us with. Surely to god only a gullible fool would think they ever could given the burst mattress nature of what we’ve been watching these past six years.

But as far as I'm concerned that doesn't mean the creators have cheated anybody. Not in the slightest  minutest  nano way. For the simple fact is that these guys have dished up the most fabulous swathe of exciting, probing, thoughtful, dramatic, sad, funny and utterly ridiculous and lovable television we could ever hope to be privileged to see featuring some of the best characters TV has thrown up in one series.  A series that if it is not already will in time surely be ranked up there with the very best as long as television continues to provide our staple entertainment diet - and we all know the sort of Sopranos, Deadwood, Wire levels we're talking about by the term ‘best’.

So I repeat. Fuck off all you nerdy, nitpicking whining geeky twats.  And just be fuckin grateful you didn’t have to put up with Dixon of Dock Green like me

;D
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 11:34:34 am by Timbo's Goals »

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #6767 on: May 18, 2010, 12:35:36 pm »
Are you one of the writers? You seem to be taking all the criticism to heart.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #6768 on: May 18, 2010, 02:01:55 pm »
Are you one of the writers? You seem to be taking all the criticism to heart.

yeah.

Wanna know how it ends?

Waaaagh

;D

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6769 on: May 18, 2010, 03:18:10 pm »
Good post as always Timbo. I guess you're right about looking at it as a whole. Describing the whole show as good or bad after every episode is a bit silly and we should look at it as a whole- similarly to when we watch Liverpool games. It's a bit of a knee jerk, isn't it? Saying how amazing we are after we beat the likes of Bolton 5-0 (just an example) and then criticising Lucas, Ngog and Rafa after a goalless draw against Stoke and saying how half of the squad should be sold.

It is hard to though to not compare the most recent one with others, especially after the great episode that was The Candidate (oops, did it again)
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #6770 on: May 18, 2010, 05:02:46 pm »
So I repeat. Fuck off all you nerdy, nitpicking whining geeky twats. 

I dunno mate, I wouldn't be throwing that about when you're willing to write your way through War and Peace to defend the television equivilent to free-form jazz (no structure, plenty of improvisation ;)). Still, we've got a new one tonight, so maybe they'll pull it back around like they're capable of.

However it's more likely that short-arsed dick will decide that the smoke monster is actually gas coming from Hurley, and that all of this was a dream of Jack's, where he's trapped in a future where "humans aren't born, they're grown".

Crossing fingers for it all the same.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
  • Rush scored 1, Rush scored 2,...
« Reply #6771 on: May 18, 2010, 05:28:42 pm »
Original source of the Smoke Monster captured on film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1FxI3aVBOs

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6772 on: May 18, 2010, 05:52:35 pm »
yeah.

Wanna know how it ends?

Waaaagh

;D

Well if you are one of the writers i doubt you know any better than me.

;)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #6773 on: May 18, 2010, 08:43:58 pm »
I dunno mate, I wouldn't be throwing that about when you're willing to write your way through War and Peace to defend the television equivilent to free-form jazz (no structure, plenty of improvisation ;)). Still, we've got a new one tonight, so maybe they'll pull it back around like they're capable of.

However it's more likely that short-arsed dick will decide that the smoke monster is actually gas coming from Hurley, and that all of this was a dream of Jack's, where he's trapped in a future where "humans aren't born, they're grown".

Crossing fingers for it all the same.

Oh dear.

You should have quit while you were ahead loco

Pity that.

8)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #6774 on: May 18, 2010, 08:45:54 pm »
Well if you are one of the writers i doubt you know any better than me.

;)

I know fuck all mate. I'd have thought that much was obvious by now.

;D

I just enjoy the show.

Offline liverpool1691

• Anny Roader
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #6775 on: May 18, 2010, 08:59:14 pm »
Bet tonight's episode will just be a huge be a setup for the finale. Knowing them, they'll give us an insane cliffhanger then we have to wait till Sunday to see it.

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6776 on: May 18, 2010, 09:01:59 pm »
widmore farraday desmond answers please you bastards.

Offline the_prodigal_s0n

• Whats occurrin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6777 on: May 18, 2010, 11:02:19 pm »
Found out how it ends. If you don't want to know, DON'T read this:

Spoiler
MIB is at the top of an abandoned skyscraper and shoots himself in the head after talking to Christian. Helena Bonham-Carter then finds him and checks to see if he's okay whilst the buildings around him start exploding. A picture of a penis then flashes up on the screen momentarily before fading to black.
[close]

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #6778 on: May 18, 2010, 11:03:13 pm »
You should have quit while you were ahead

There's a message in that ;)
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #6779 on: May 18, 2010, 11:05:30 pm »

Spoiler
MIB is at the top of an abandoned skyscraper and shoots himself in the head after talking to Christian. Helena Bonham-Carter then finds him and checks to see if he's okay whilst the buildings around him start exploding. A picture of a penis then flashes up on the screen momentarily before fading to black.
[close]
Spoiler
Prick! I actually debated wether to read that, I couldn't resist in the end ;D
[close]
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Red_in_Holland

• arl arse
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6780 on: May 19, 2010, 12:03:57 am »
Thats me outta this thread.   Haven't watched for 6 yrs for some blert to put the ending on here.

Be back after the finale.
Los Rojos Conquistadores

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #6781 on: May 19, 2010, 12:15:54 am »
So is it finished yet. Or is that next week
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline liverpool1691

• Anny Roader
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #6782 on: May 19, 2010, 12:53:57 am »
WOW I accidently hovered over the spoiler tag but LUCKILY read nothing. Fuck, I'm not coming back here until Monday after the finale!!!

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6783 on: May 19, 2010, 01:03:44 am »

Spoiler
[/

Spoiler
[close]

You bastard! thanks for ruining it, what's the point
[close]

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #6784 on: May 19, 2010, 01:05:58 am »

;D
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline liverpool1691

• Anny Roader
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #6785 on: May 19, 2010, 05:08:47 am »
Just watched the latest episode (NO SPOILERS OF THE FINALE!)

Spoiler
Good episode I thought. I wonder what happened to Richard after he taken by the monster. Everything is all clicking into place. Very surprised that Widmore died! Out of nowhere lol. I'm actually very interested in what will happen in the flash sidways now. And no surprise Jack took the task of being the protector lol
[close]

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #6786 on: May 19, 2010, 06:03:58 am »

FML FML FML FML FML FML FML FML
hi

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #6787 on: May 19, 2010, 08:20:42 am »
Thats me outta this thread.   Haven't watched for 6 yrs for some blert to put the ending on here.

Phew.  Close shave there Dave

;D

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6788 on: May 19, 2010, 09:36:52 am »
Loved it.

Some brilliant lines from Miles and Ben, but the best has to be:

Spoiler

Can I get you a glass of Lemonade?

[close]

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6789 on: May 19, 2010, 10:07:22 am »
Wow...
Spoiler
Richard went out like a bitch
[close]
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6790 on: May 19, 2010, 11:42:57 am »
Spoiler
If Richard turns out to be dead then that was the wankest thing I have ever seen in my life
[close]

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #6791 on: May 19, 2010, 11:53:45 am »
Roll on Sunday.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6792 on: May 19, 2010, 12:13:50 pm »
Am I alone in thinking this season is getting progressively less interesting with each episode? I was gripped at the start but now I'm just wanting it over and done with so I can move on with my life ;)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6793 on: May 19, 2010, 12:15:25 pm »
Am I alone in thinking this season is getting progressively less interesting with each episode? I was gripped at the start but now I'm just wanting it over and done with so I can move on with my life ;)

Same here.

*awaits the wrath of Timbo*

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #6794 on: May 19, 2010, 12:30:41 pm »
Anyone have a link for the one from last night? The usual site I use is saying "Megavideo has removed this video due to infringement", classic.

EDIT: found it here - http://www.iwatchlostonline.com/season-6/episode-16-what-they-died-for/
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline kirzer

• Kopite
« Reply #6796 on: May 19, 2010, 01:17:59 pm »
Spoiler
If Richard turns out to be dead then that was the wankest thing I have ever seen in my life
[close]
Spoiler
No way is he dead. I'm pretty sure he will turn up in the finale.

So everyone is going to be at this concert, but Sawyer isn't? Is that going to be important somehow? Maybe that will mess things up and he will become the new MIB, thats a complete random guess which is probably 100% wrong but would be awesome. It will be interesting to see who Jack's kid's mother is as well.
[close]
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 01:21:09 pm by kirzer »

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6797 on: May 19, 2010, 01:22:37 pm »
Spoiler

So everyone is going to be at this concert, but Sawyer isn't? Is that going to be important somehow? Maybe that will mess things up and he will become the new MIB, thats a complete random guess which is probably 100% wrong but would be awesome. It will be interesting to see who Jack's kid's mother is as well.
[close]

he cant.
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6798 on: May 19, 2010, 01:32:29 pm »
Aaaah, so that's what they died for.

???

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6799 on: May 19, 2010, 01:32:34 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

The concert being held in the Museum, and Sawyer goes with Miles?

[close]