Author Topic: Match Preview - Reds v Man City  (Read 55458 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: Match Preview - Reds v Man City
« Reply #400 on: November 10, 2019, 10:15:25 am »
You're daft.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: November 10, 2019, 10:23:13 am »
Half and half scarves.

... just... why?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #402 on: November 10, 2019, 10:29:02 am »

Offline Gray Hamster

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: November 10, 2019, 10:31:31 am »
Half and half scarves.

... just... why?
where have you seen these ?

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #404 on: November 10, 2019, 10:56:05 am »
what do you mean by "little englander psyche"? i don't understand the term.

Isn't the crass stereotype that Scousers are dodgy and comical something that is more widespread?

I'm thinking it were that monkey Harry Enfield that was partly/greatly responsible for that with his scouser/calm down routine in the 80s.. made it into every lounge in the country..

It was long before that.
As someone who was on his bike looking for work in the late 70s I invariably got the full scouser= thieves routines.
The only place I didn’t get it was when working in Scotland. All I got up there was how great the city was and how they had enjoyed coming here to beat the Welsh. A common love of Kenny and the boys helped of course.
I was in working men’s digs in Scotland when the riots kicked off. I came in to the TV lounge as the news at 9 started, and realised it was Upper Parliament Street with added Molotov cocktails.
No one had a go, no one called us hooligans, the people there from Scotland were more concerned that my folks at home were safe.
Yet coming back to work in the North West, the English all started the thieving scouser jibes.
Harry Enfield didn’t help but he didn’t start it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #405 on: November 10, 2019, 10:56:11 am »
After the market had started to shift towards us as favourites, in the last 24hrs its moved back towards City.  Tells me we might see a surprise in the lineup.

And how would anyone know that? Ironically I think its because City have gone 4th and the bookies/markets think they'll be he'll-bent on not only closing the gap with us but also going back into 2nd so they have them as favorites.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: November 10, 2019, 11:08:26 am »
It was long before that.
As someone who was on his bike looking for work in the late 70s I invariably got the full scouser= thieves routines.
The only place I didn’t get it was when working in Scotland. All I got up there was how great the city was and how they had enjoyed coming here to beat the Welsh. A common love of Kenny and the boys helped of course.
I was in working men’s digs in Scotland when the riots kicked off. I came in to the TV lounge as the news at 9 started, and realised it was Upper Parliament Street with added Molotov cocktails.
No one had a go, no one called us hooligans, the people there from Scotland were more concerned that my folks at home were safe.
Yet coming back to work in the North West, the English all started the thieving scouser jibes.
Harry Enfield didn’t help but he didn’t start it.
I'd agree with that, I felt it during the early 70s.

Living outside of the city all we heard about was the dockers strikes and/or fords and that scousers were lazy, workshy doleys.

It was what drew me to the Club and the City, how amazing it was that everyone stuck together and refused to be walked over.

Shankly helped obviously but to me the football was also a big fuck you to the rest of the so called "big clubs".

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #407 on: November 10, 2019, 11:17:56 am »
If you are going today, pack in the Booing shite. Just sing our name, fuck them, whilst they are a class act, booing is such a cheap shitty thing that for me, other clubs do and one not too far away either.

SING, don't boo.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #408 on: November 10, 2019, 11:26:25 am »
We need to take advantage of this, get stuck in and get the win, doesn't matter how we do it.

These bastards still have a lot of tough games that we've already got past in the 1st half, Leicester, Chelsea, United and Arsenal.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #409 on: November 10, 2019, 11:28:21 am »
I'm surprised that the cheats are favourites for this game. I work for a group that does detailed analytics and they say we have a 46% chance of winning, compared to 27% for the cheats.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #410 on: November 10, 2019, 11:31:24 am »
After the market had started to shift towards us as favourites, in the last 24hrs its moved back towards City.  Tells me we might see a surprise in the lineup.
Could also be a case of people making moves because they think the Abu Dhabi PR crowd is overpriced.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #411 on: November 10, 2019, 11:32:35 am »
If you are going today, pack in the Booing shite. Just sing our name, fuck them, whilst they are a class act, booing is such a cheap shitty thing that for me, other clubs do and one not too far away either.

SING, don't boo.

Are you talking about City there?
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #412 on: November 10, 2019, 11:33:46 am »
Im fucking excited to see an angry Sadio running at their joke of a cb pairing.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline harleydanger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: November 10, 2019, 11:35:29 am »
I’m excited to see Virgil disdainingly outpacing Stirling to a long ball after there should’ve been an offside flag
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline harleydanger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: November 10, 2019, 11:37:16 am »
I’m excited to see Gini stick his arse out to three different City midfielders protecting the ball before threading it through to Bobby, who does some ridiculous pass that then becomes known as the ‘Firmino’
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Offline harleydanger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: November 10, 2019, 11:38:58 am »
I’m Excited to see Robertson running on to a 70yarder with off spin from Trent before delivering to Hendo at the back post
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #416 on: November 10, 2019, 11:45:42 am »
I'm excited to see what sort of shape Klopp has whipped the hot dog sellers into.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #417 on: November 10, 2019, 11:53:42 am »
Don't care how we do it, just win. Couldn't give a fuck what measures we sink to in order to achieve 3 points today, being the good guys gets you nowhere.

Come you mighty Reds, one massive game this, a 9 point cushion by mid Nov will be an incredible achievement.

Reckon the occasion will get to the cheats....3-0 to the European Champions!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 11:55:15 am by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: November 10, 2019, 11:58:18 am »
where have you seen these ?

Saw a lad in one yesterday by John Lewis, maybe around 6pm. City/Liverpool.  I can only assume he wasn't local because I cant imagine a local wearing one.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #419 on: November 10, 2019, 12:02:22 pm »
I'm surprised that the cheats are favourites for this game. I work for a group that does detailed analytics and they say we have a 46% chance of winning, compared to 27% for the cheats.

We were clear favourites but people have piled their money on City so the odds have changed.
:D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: November 10, 2019, 12:03:00 pm »
Oh boy, oh boy, it's today.

Woke up with a shitty feeling of us definitely losing this. Paid it no mind.
Just my chickenshit brain shrivelling at the lofty notion of being nine points ahead of these.

But that won't change a thing out there today, because those boys will not consider any other result apart from being nine points ahead. They won't accept anything less, they won't settle, negotiate or make deals. They'll have no mercy and offer City nothing for free. I am uncertain of the result, but I'm quite certain that we are going out there with only one diamond-hard through - win. Oh boy, oh boy.. what a day to be alive.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #421 on: November 10, 2019, 12:37:24 pm »

SING, don't boo.

Really!? The whole ground was booing against the likes of city, Roma and Barca in the CL when the opposing team had the ball. When Liverpool have the ball we sing. It all adds to the intimidating atmosphere and it works.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: November 10, 2019, 12:37:43 pm »

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #423 on: November 10, 2019, 12:39:07 pm »
Getting after this lot is all I care about --- psychological, physical and tactical domination.  Have them limp home on an Int'l break knowing they have a tough set of fixtures, relevant injuries, and a large advantage to overcome. 

We must break them
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #424 on: November 10, 2019, 12:41:06 pm »

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #425 on: November 10, 2019, 12:42:16 pm »

SING, don't boo.
Agree with the singing not booing. Booing should be reserved for the ref. (or VAR) not the opposition.

As for City being a class act - they're not. They have some great players, but most of them lack class and are just a bunch of overpaid mercenaries that foul and cheat when things don't go their way. As a club they have no class whatsoever and are just a plastic billionaires plaything.

We have class. Klopp has class. but City? No way.
Let's put them in their place and show them what a real club with real fans is all about
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #426 on: November 10, 2019, 12:42:27 pm »
Well I'm shocked.

https://twitter.com/SamLee/status/1193497522871963648
I mean, who knew that they’d make a Lazarus style come back?

Everyone!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #427 on: November 10, 2019, 12:43:01 pm »
Really!? The whole ground was booing against the likes of city, Roma and Barca in the CL when the opposing team had the ball. When Liverpool have the ball we sing. It all adds to the intimidating atmosphere and it works.

Agree, give them shit on every level, make it so they can't wait for the fuckin game to end!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #428 on: November 10, 2019, 12:44:48 pm »
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #429 on: November 10, 2019, 12:46:14 pm »
Wouldn't be surprised to see Kompany start too.
Denis Law is fighting for a starting position too
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #430 on: November 10, 2019, 12:49:10 pm »
Denis Law is fighting for a starting position too

They'll always find a place for Franny Lee, one of the pioneers of diving.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #431 on: November 10, 2019, 12:50:09 pm »

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #432 on: November 10, 2019, 12:51:15 pm »
Ederson will probably make a "shock" appearance too. Do they really think we're that gullible?  ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #433 on: November 10, 2019, 12:51:22 pm »
Trautmann in the nets?
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Gray Hamster

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: November 10, 2019, 12:52:53 pm »
Saw a lad in one yesterday by John Lewis, maybe around 6pm. City/Liverpool.  I can only assume he wasn't local because I cant imagine a local wearing one.
was the lad being held at gunpoint by a fella wearing a sheikh outfit?

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #435 on: November 10, 2019, 12:53:30 pm »
With David Silva, he can't be 100% fit that quickly after a hamstring injury. Unless they totally bullshitted he was injured.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #436 on: November 10, 2019, 12:55:07 pm »
I mean, who knew that they’d make a Lazarus style come back?
Jesus working overtime?

Everyone!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #437 on: November 10, 2019, 12:58:54 pm »
Agree, give them shit on every level, make it so they can't wait for the fuckin game to end!
I used to love that feral snarl from the Kop at kick off

Used to sound like 25000 all snarling

“Comeongerrintothseseshitebastardsyoumightyredmen”

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #438 on: November 10, 2019, 01:00:49 pm »
With David Silva, he can't be 100% fit that quickly after a hamstring injury. Unless they totally bullshitted he was injured.

All mind games you know. Sort of thing Guardiola may try, just hoping that he over complicates his team selection this afternoon as well.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: November 10, 2019, 01:01:24 pm »
Here we go, enjoy the game everyone.

Guardiola has a reputation for going against doctors orders and rushing players back who aren’t ready throughout his career. The fraud is getting desperate.

Give them fucking hell until we break them.