Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 662717 times)

Online ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: MOTD thread
« Reply #6520 on: February 16, 2020, 08:01:34 am »
Pearce is one thick c*nt. Always seems like he's not watched a game of football before the one he's commentating - even then he comes out wirh shite like saying Cantwell always stays on his feet ;D

Fell over ever time he got touched. The Naby yellow card is ridiculous...

Ref gave them a foul for ever slight contact, and they all made the most of it.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #6521 on: February 16, 2020, 09:14:52 am »
Just watched the replay. I couldn't believe Murphy's comments on the City situation. Is he on their payroll or just terminally stupid?

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6522 on: February 16, 2020, 09:15:46 am »
Just watched the replay. I couldn't believe Murphy's comments on the City situation. Is he on their payroll or just terminally stupid?

Obviously the latter

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6523 on: February 16, 2020, 09:20:35 am »
He’s a fucking potato.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #6524 on: February 16, 2020, 09:32:02 am »
Obviously the latter

Well, we know he's no Einstein but there was no even-handedness to his comments, no 'if they've done wrong, they deserve punishment'. Lineker nodding in agreement - and as someone on here said, Chris Sutton biting his lip. Maybe it was orders from the MOTD hierarchy. Just odd.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6525 on: February 16, 2020, 09:44:06 am »
Well, we know he's no Einstein but there was no even-handedness to his comments, no 'if they've done wrong, they deserve punishment'. Lineker nodding in agreement - and as someone on here said, Chris Sutton biting his lip. Maybe it was orders from the MOTD hierarchy. Just odd.

The UK loves a bit of dirty money.  Not sure why anyone is surprised by their reactions.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6526 on: February 16, 2020, 10:26:08 am »
Pearce is one thick c*nt. Always seems like he's not watched a game of football before the one he's commentating - even then he comes out wirh shite like saying Cantwell always stays on his feet ;D

Cantwell spent more time on the deck feigning injury than he did on his feet, it was like watching Zaha
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6527 on: February 16, 2020, 11:06:53 am »
Pearce couldnt resist having a dig at the winter break. I have hated the winter break because the weather has been shite and I have missed watching the team play but understand its the right decision.

Pearce had a dig about us looking more tired and supposedly being told its the right thing. The arrogance of the English really in a nutshell and illustrates how many dickheads live in this shitty island.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #6528 on: February 16, 2020, 11:11:35 am »
Pearce couldnt resist having a dig at the winter break. I have hated the winter break because the weather has been shite and I have missed watching the team play but understand its the right decision.

Pearce had a dig about us looking more tired and supposedly being told its the right thing. The arrogance of the English really in a nutshell and illustrates how many dickheads live in this shitty island.
Pearce should have stuck with Matilda. Getting excited about robots?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6529 on: February 16, 2020, 01:19:57 pm »

The idiocy he showed seemed very much the akin to climate change deniers where they go 'it's snowing today so how can there be global warming' with his dig about what was the use of it, there's obviously going to be a bit of getting back up to speed in the first game back, but the point of it is to ensure that the players don't run out of steam by the end of the season and considering that there is also an international tournament in the summer the idiot commentators and pundits should be praising the break and managers who don't overplay their players as it might help the national sides stay in the competition a little longer.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #6530 on: February 22, 2020, 10:50:30 pm »
Commentator on Leicester v City thinks KDB's arms were in a natural position shielding his face and the Ederson foul was a 50-50. :butt
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6531 on: February 22, 2020, 10:53:07 pm »
If a player can get sent off for a high boot for dangerous play, then a keeper should be sent off for being able to dive bomb into someone's face with fists clenched. Fucking joke.

Quelle surprise, they didn't even mention it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 10:54:54 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6532 on: February 22, 2020, 10:54:49 pm »
Hang on, they didn't even discuss the Ederson foul. :o
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6533 on: February 22, 2020, 10:59:58 pm »
God, Bournemouth got shafted with the decisions in this game.

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6534 on: February 22, 2020, 11:05:56 pm »
Bournemouth were robbed, referee needs demoting. I'd be furious if this happened to us.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6535 on: February 22, 2020, 11:06:24 pm »
Haha fuck off Dyche. If those decisions went against Burnley, we'd never hear the end of it.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6536 on: February 22, 2020, 11:16:12 pm »
Haha fuck off Dyche. If those decisions went against Burnley, we'd never hear the end of it.
He seems to think a shoulder counts as handball too.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #6537 on: February 22, 2020, 11:24:10 pm »
Leaving aside VAR, and the Beeb being no different from SKY and B.T when it comes to “creating a narrative”, got to say I love Wrighty. Genuinely lovely fella, with a likeable personality.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6538 on: February 23, 2020, 08:18:01 am »
I've not watched MOTD for a bit, wish I'd extended it. I'd forgotten how shit it is. The commentators they're using these days are absolutely wretched. Almost all them are bad, but the woman that did the Burnley-Bournemouth game is unspeakably difficult to listen to.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 08:19:43 am by Gerry Attrick »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6539 on: February 23, 2020, 09:22:02 am »
I've not watched MOTD for a bit, wish I'd extended it. I'd forgotten how shit it is. The commentators they're using these days are absolutely wretched. Almost all them are bad, but the woman that did the Burnley-Bournemouth game is unspeakably difficult to listen to.

I turned off after about two words. I'm not being sexist, as my wife says exactly the same, all the women commentators and co-comms have awful voices that are painful to listen to and destroy the viewing - its doesn't help when they then spout the same cliched shite as their male counterparts.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6540 on: February 23, 2020, 10:37:16 am »

Agreed, thought exactly the same. Not just the tone either the content is almost as bad
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6541 on: February 23, 2020, 11:18:27 am »
I turned off after about two words. I'm not being sexist, as my wife says exactly the same, all the women commentators and co-comms have awful voices that are painful to listen to and destroy the viewing - its doesn't help when they then spout the same cliched shite as their male counterparts.
I'm as big an advocate of equal ops as any female but I'm afraid I agree.

It annoys the hell out of me that we feel the need to be like our male counterparts to be accepted.  Just be yourself with your own views of the sport, whatever it is.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6542 on: February 23, 2020, 11:22:35 am »
I'm as big an advocate of equal ops as any female but I'm afraid I agree.

It annoys the hell out of me that we feel the need to be like our male counterparts to be accepted.  Just be yourself with your own views of the sport, whatever it is.

I don't care of the sex of the people, but they need to be knowledgable and add something that others aren't. I don't think the current crop add anything sadly and also make a pool of shiteness even shiter. Same goes for Jenas, Hoddle, McManaman, Murphy et al.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6543 on: February 23, 2020, 11:41:44 am »

I've read these types of comments on here about Pearce and I think people are being a little unfair and should provide him with a bit more leeway. He's used to commentating on fights between robots whereby if a battery goes flat you can bring it back into the garage for replacement or if a wheel gets chopped off by a 6000rpm spinning cutting disc, again you might be able to limp through a fight until you can bring the robot in for a service. Surely that knowledge should translate over to football commentary with a few slight adjustments? Can't a broken leg be replaced at half time? Don't they have mains chargers in the dressing rooms now for the players to be plugged into? 
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6544 on: February 23, 2020, 11:54:31 am »
I don't care of the sex of the people, but they need to be knowledgable and add something that others aren't. I don't think the current crop add anything sadly and also make a pool of shiteness even shiter. Same goes for Jenas, Hoddle, McManaman, Murphy et al.
But it's like they've been "added" to the team because they're female not because they're knowledgable is my point Rob.

And that doesn't mean I don't think they are I mean when you get the chance, show that you are.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6545 on: February 23, 2020, 11:57:17 am »
To be fair, they have also added numerous male pundits who are just as lacking in knowledge too with the currently ubiquitous Clinton Morrison being a prime example, so you could say that they are being treated equally in that respect.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6546 on: February 23, 2020, 01:15:39 pm »
But it's like they've been "added" to the team because they're female not because they're knowledgable is my point Rob.

And that doesn't mean I don't think they are I mean when you get the chance, show that you are.

Sorry Debs, yeah I understood your point and its the exact way I feel - their thinking is just "we need to put women in the team, so you'll do". 

My point was, regardless of sex, if you have not got a clue what you are talking about, you shouldn't be there.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6547 on: February 23, 2020, 01:24:07 pm »
My point was, regardless of sex, if you have not got a clue what you are talking about, you shouldn't be there.

That'd be a policy that decimated the punditry and commentator ranks on all televised football in the uk these days.  ;D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6548 on: February 23, 2020, 01:29:25 pm »
That'd be a policy that decimated the punditry and commentator ranks on all televised football in the uk these days.  ;D

Good - I'd rather have crowd noise than Fletch and Mcmanaman and dead silence over Hoddle

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6549 on: February 23, 2020, 10:20:12 pm »
Micah Richards on again tonight.  ::)

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #6550 on: February 25, 2020, 12:21:14 pm »
Leaving aside VAR, and the Beeb being no different from SKY and B.T when it comes to “creating a narrative”, got to say I love Wrighty. Genuinely lovely fella, with a likeable personality.

I don't like 'I'm a Celebrity..." but my Mrs does so I caught a few episodes by proxy when it was on before Xmas. Thought Wright came across as a right moody prick on it. I saw about 4 or 5 episodes and in each one he was stamping around in a strop, taking things out on the other people there because he wasn't getting his own way. It was really childish & he was genuinely nasty to people at certain times.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6551 on: March 1, 2020, 10:45:36 pm »
Nobody watch last night? :D

Just watching the Spurs/ Wolves games, brilliant winner from Jiminez, Jota was absolutely superb in the build up.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6552 on: March 1, 2020, 11:10:22 pm »
First time I saw that goal for Everton. If that were us, dogs and cats would be running for their lives, because boots would be flailing all over the place. That's a disgusting decision. Love the way they're all scurrying to make excuses for it too.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6553 on: March 1, 2020, 11:14:15 pm »
Feel for the kid Tanganga. He had an excellent game against us at right back, even saw him break up several cross-field passes between Trent and Robbo. He was outstanding in the match against City, despite  being caught out a couple times. But even then Mourinho was playing him out of position (as a leftback). Today he was a centre back. I know Spurs have injury problems but WTF! Why can't he just let the kid play where he thrives?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #6554 on: March 1, 2020, 11:46:15 pm »
Feel for the kid Tanganga. He had an excellent game against us at right back, even saw him break up several cross-field passes between Trent and Robbo. He was outstanding in the match against City, despite  being caught out a couple times. But even then Mourinho was playing him out of position (as a leftback). Today he was a centre back. I know Spurs have injury problems but WTF! Why can't he just let the kid play where he thrives?

so he was playing the position he's always played, bar the few games Mourinho played him at fullback.....

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6555 on: March 2, 2020, 12:00:21 am »
so he was playing the position he's always played, bar the few games Mourinho played him at fullback.....

Really? But he's tiny! Surely smaller than Cannavaro. I don't know enough about Spurs academy players, clearly; assumed he was always a RB because that's where I saw him play first (against us), and he did really well there.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #6556 on: March 7, 2020, 10:37:36 pm »
*player shoved from behind*

"Shoulder to shoulder!"

When narrative trumps evidence
« Last Edit: March 7, 2020, 10:46:49 pm by DonkeyWan »
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6557 on: March 7, 2020, 10:45:53 pm »
Shockingly Murphy and Wright agree it was a free kick

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6558 on: March 7, 2020, 10:46:15 pm »
When is Danny Murphy never "pedantic" about us?  ::)

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #6559 on: March 7, 2020, 10:47:41 pm »
I love how they pick out 'nearly' chances and make a big deal about an offside and a goal that should have been a free out.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...