Author Topic: Double Standards from the Mods ?  (Read 2315 times)

Offline Fido

• Main Stander
  • The league title is what really counts.
Double Standards from the Mods ?
« on: March 22, 2018, 04:24:49 pm »
Prior to the recent thread: https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=339466.640 being closed a derogatory post aimed at other posters including myself was made with the following sentence.

"Between you and your boring anti-FSG agenda and that poster Fido with their outright lies and bullshit this thread which should have been about breaking down financial results and maybe shedding some praise on the owners has turned into shit"

Personally, I do not mind the cut and thrust of debate but if a person refers to lies they should state exactly what is being considered as a lie as that gives others a chance to respond but to let that total untruth stand and then simply lock the thread to prevent rebuttal is ridiculous.

As I understand it the RAWK guidance/rules is that posters should play the ball and not the man. and to leave this tripe in place and not give others the right of rebuttal is extremely poor practice.

My opinion throughout the thread is the same as many other Liverpool supporters in that FSG may not be ambitious with regard to on-field success.

What I posted was;

Most of us would not care if they do make a killing, (ie. a large profit), when they sell up as long as they leave a little meat on the bone for the next owners when they do go. - If they leave us in a great position to achieve on-filed success and they do not drain the new owners of funds I will praise them.

However, people do care that prior to 2016, when their lack of on-field ambition became evident, they were always tended to be uncompetitive with regard to the transfer in of world beater players to the club, being linked with them, then making ridiculous lowball offers before going cheap. Furthermore, they still appear to be willing to sell off the best players and to replace them with cheaper alternatives. (eg. Phillipe Courtinho for AOC). - Again no problem if it works but we have effectively won sweet FA since they arrived. - (One Micky Mouse Cup in 7 years is not success).

When FSG arrived their rhetoric was that they would supply the funds needed to put us back on top and we are not yet back on top but in recent years we have made some, (Grand Old Duke of York type), progress in some seasons. - I am still hopeful that we can win the Champions League this year.

It is also been reported that a number of super rich Arab owners have maintained their interest in buying LFC but that FSG wanted more profit for themselves, (ie. a higher share price if they were to sell and we remained with FSG).

FSG are not bad owners but they sometimes seem very similar to David Moores who oversaw the decline from our being consistent League Title Winners to also rans.

My hope is that the FSG do live up to their original winning rhetoric, (as they declared at the time of purchase), because up to now they have been a disappointment and there has not been much to sing about.

"We re-build a stand, we re-build a stand - EE I ADIO -we re-build a stand".

It sometimes seems that only posts that fawn over/are favorable to the present owners in every respect are fully allowed and all too often insulting one-line posts from those who do fawn over the present owners aimed at other posters are allowed before the tread being locked as the people fawn over the present owners appear to be unable to tolerate other opinions other than their own blinkered views and that a number of the moderators are certainly not even handed.

At the end of the day we all want what is best for LFC and that may not be what the PR groups want.
First is First and Second is Nowhere !

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
Re: Double Standards from the Mods ?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 05:07:38 pm »
Alternatively the topic was locked to stop further abuse, and the mod, who is unpaid and has a job probably did not get back round to sorting it out. Detoxifying topics by pruning out the abuse is tedious and time consuming. There are times when you look at a puerile argument and just cannot be arsed.

The playground spats are tedious enough, why on earth would we want to get involved and pick sides?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: Double Standards from the Mods ?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 07:40:50 pm »
Fido - I locked it - and here's some news for you - it wasn't about YOU - it was about THE SITE.

Double standards my arse. I locked it, knowing that other unpaid volunteer mods would be along shortly to deal with the two open reports from other users and would tidy the thread up and reopen it - as is our normal routine - because that's all I had time to do at that moment. That's how we do it here. That's how we work as a moderating team. It was tidied up by a colleague and then re-opened.

Yet you start a feedback tourist thread here trying to make it a) about you and b) look like some kind of hypocritical power trip by site staff??

All that does is put you on radar.

You've been here less than a year and have 70 posts. So, unless you are a banned user returning under cover, I'd advise you to read more, post less and definitely not lecture staff who've been here for over a decade, through some of the shittiest times in our club's history.

I'll never apologise for locking a thread in the best interests of the site as a whole.

And in our mutual best interests, I'm locking this one too :wave
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 07:51:28 pm by 24/7 »