Author Topic: I'm going the chippy...  (Read 21454 times)

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: I'm going the chippy...
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2017, 11:14:35 am »
Ask Elvis for a Spanish omellette.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2017, 11:40:52 am »
There should be so much vinegar that you need a mask
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2017, 11:50:41 am »
No one mention the thirteen year bump on this? ok...

Chips, peas and curry for me.

Not what I exepected at all. #szechuanchickenandsweetnsour
Not together like

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2017, 11:53:07 am »
its not chloroform mate

Although i could imagine you hiding behind a bush at night in a park with ye bottle of sarsons ready to pounce
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 11:54:54 am by Capon Debaser »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2017, 11:56:22 am »
its not chloroform mate

Although i could imagine you hiding behind a bush at night in a park with ye bottle of sarsons ready to pounce
Chloroform doesn't smell nice.  Vinegar does.  I even like glacial ethanoic acid (basically a pure version of the active ingredient). I have to stop myself going and sniffing it at work.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2017, 11:57:36 am »
For clarification I've only used chloroform to anaesthetise fruit flies and as a solvent.
W

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2017, 12:06:09 pm »
Haddock and chips, with a side of mushy peas and another of curry sauce. Will add a salt and vinegar at home.
Justice for the 96!

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2017, 12:18:54 pm »
Chloroform doesn't smell nice.  Vinegar does.  I even like glacial ethanoic acid (basically a pure version of the active ingredient). I have to stop myself going and sniffing it at work.
haha i used to work in a chippy and i loved that overwhelming take ye breath away smell of it.Like a pear drop or a ford cortina exhaust pipe parping fumes

Used to get wiganers coming in asking for pea wet.Its basically the juice /water from peas poured over chips and theyd usually drown it in vinegar

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2017, 12:25:20 pm »
Pea wet?  Never heard of that... 

Takes all sorts I guess..
W

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2017, 12:28:59 pm »

eyar

https://youtu.be/fglEmRE19q0

Thats obviously the barmcake version

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2017, 12:30:05 pm »

Sounds like something Donald Trump would order.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2017, 12:38:54 pm »
Cod & Chips, salt & vinegar. No sauce.

Out of interest, how much is cod & chips around the country these days? Around Ł6.50 in Cornwall, not a cheap meal anymore.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2017, 12:40:06 pm »
haha i used to work in a chippy and i loved that overwhelming take ye breath away smell of it.Like a pear drop or a ford cortina exhaust pipe parping fumes

Used to get wiganers coming in asking for pea wet.Its basically the juice /water from peas poured over chips and theyd usually drown it in vinegar
Fucking dirty dogs.

"Pea wet"?  What the actual fuck    :(

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2017, 12:40:13 pm »
Cod & Chips, salt & vinegar. No sauce.

Out of interest, how much is cod & chips around the country these days? Around Ł6.50 in Cornwall, not a cheap meal anymore.

About Ł8 in Aberdeen for Haddock (I never order Cod), which is ridiculous seeing as this is where most of the fish lands.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2017, 12:42:58 pm »
About Ł8 in Aberdeen, which is ridiculous seeing as this is where most of the fish lands.

Bloody hell!!

The fish probably gets put in ice, driven to a distribution centre in the Midlands, then driven back up to Aberdeen. That's the sort of world we live in.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2017, 12:53:46 pm »
Fucking dirty dogs.

"Pea wet"?  What the actual fuck    :(
haha its alright to be honest,it just tastes the same as peas and chips

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2017, 01:37:33 pm »
haha its alright to be honest,it just tastes the same as peas and chips
Tell me something mate, do you get Peas Pudding down your neck of the woods?

On Tyneside we have Ham and Peas Pudding sandwiches and they are really lush.

i've not had one for a while though saying as I am now vegetarian.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2017, 01:39:05 pm »

On Tyneside we have Ham and Peas Pudding sandwiches and they are really lush.

i've not had one for a while though saying as I am now vegetarian.
Whats that mate? might be called something else down here.What is it exactly

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2017, 01:50:08 pm »
Chips, battered sausage, curry sauce. Gotta go to the north east of England though for decent chippies

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2017, 01:53:41 pm »
Whats that mate? might be called something else down here.What is it exactly
Here you go

http://www.northernsoul.me.uk/pease-pudding/

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2017, 01:55:31 pm »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2017, 02:09:59 pm »
What the fuck is wrong with putting mushy peas on a butty?

We could have a sub-thread on the lost culinary delight of a chip butty....white bread naturally and with a spread of butter and and a dollop of tomato sauce.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2017, 02:18:32 pm »
There is a Chip Shop in Seahouses on the Northumberland coast called Pinnacles.

Click the link which takes you to the Pinnacles page on Trip Advisor and then look at revues, not the Excellent, very good or average ones, click on "Terrible" and read those and more importantly read the replies left by the owner.  The blokes is a fucking loony and how he hasn't been filled in by now God only knows.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g504051-d1953034-Reviews-Pinnacles_Restaurant-Seahouses_Northumberland_England.html

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2017, 02:26:14 pm »

Agree. There's nothing wrong with a chip with no vinegar but nothing right with it either.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2017, 02:47:44 pm »
We could have a sub-thread on the lost culinary delight of a chip butty....white bread naturally and with a spread of butter and and a dollop of tomato sauce.

Yes. I don't eat many chips these days so do miss a good chip butty.

Picked the missus and sister in law up from a night out last night, they wanted food so local chippy got a visit. Cheese and onion pie, chips and curry for the missus and chips and curry for the sis in law. I ended up having a chips and curry butty, bloody gorgeous.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2017, 02:50:56 pm »
<!-- Off Topic

TripAdvisor needs to drastically rethink how it lets people review on there I think. It's getting ridiculous. Mentioned it on here a few years ago - my friend's old boss got royally stitched up on there when a customer fucked them over by booking a table for 6 at Christmas and, without any change to the booking, brought 18 people and expected them to be accomodated. The head of the group then got every member of the group to give a 1* review on TA and that then changes where you appear on recommendations/Google/Facebook etc. It lead to loads of cancellations directly because of the reviews and it cost them a few grand in total.

TA should implement a system where each shop's till prints a multi-number/letter code on each receipt and only that code will let you give a * review.

I'm glad that bloke is a bit combative, because I think some people's lives are genuinely sitting on the internet, complaining about things they've never bought, done or seen.

-->

Same theme. A poster on OTK had a cafe in London and a local rival started giving shite reviews and getting others to do it. People put a lot of trust in the reviews on TA, we changed a hotel in Orlando in May due to (what were very accurate) TA reviews, it needs to be policed as like you say, it can ruin a business.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2017, 03:04:22 pm »
<!-- Off Topic

TripAdvisor needs to drastically rethink how it lets people review on there I think. It's getting ridiculous. Mentioned it on here a few years ago - my friend's old boss got royally stitched up on there when a customer fucked them over by booking a table for 6 at Christmas and, without any change to the booking, brought 18 people and expected them to be accomodated. The head of the group then got every member of the group to give a 1* review on TA and that then changes where you appear on recommendations/Google/Facebook etc. It lead to loads of cancellations directly because of the reviews and it cost them a few grand in total.

TA should implement a system where each shop's till prints a multi-number/letter code on each receipt and only that code will let you give a * review.

I'm glad that bloke is a bit combative, because I think some people's lives are genuinely sitting on the internet, complaining about things they've never bought, done or seen.

-->

had to deal with this exact kind of thing many times with similar situations with tripe adviser and yelp. Did my head in.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2017, 05:38:51 pm »
Haddock or Cod is the next question?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2017, 05:42:25 pm »
I'm being honest, I can't tell the difference
W

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2017, 05:45:14 pm »
Me neither mate.  :D

We need Gully in here ASAP.  :D

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2017, 05:49:05 pm »
Cod for me please  :lickin
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2017, 05:49:15 pm »
If you're a traditionalist then it's Cod.......if you like something a little leftfield, you plump for Haddock!

Where do people stand on Roe??
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2017, 06:25:41 pm »

Geordie Homous?
Justice for the 96!

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2017, 06:38:05 pm »
A few decent chippies near us on the Fylde Coast, however not sure if the fish is sourced from nearby Fleetwood (my home town), as there are hardly any trawlers left now.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2017, 07:02:47 pm »
A few decent chippies near us on the Fylde Coast, however not sure if the fish is sourced from nearby Fleetwood (my home town), as there are hardly any trawlers left now.

A company called Dockside still source their fish from Fleetwood which they sell to public and wholesale.

http://docksideseafood.co.uk/how-do-we-do-it/

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2017, 07:04:27 pm »
Always buy haddock as cod until very recently was not recommended due to low stocks and prefer haddock anyway.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2017, 07:09:07 pm »
Always buy haddock as cod until very recently was not recommended due to low stocks and prefer haddock anyway.

We always get smoked Haddock when we are having fish, prefer the taste.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2017, 07:29:29 pm »
A company called Dockside still source their fish from Fleetwood which they sell to public and wholesale.

http://docksideseafood.co.uk/how-do-we-do-it/

Thanks, good to know.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!