Author Topic: Holiday 2018  (Read 21038 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Holiday 2018
« on: July 13, 2017, 01:32:23 pm »
Sorry if some of you guys are still revving up for this years holiday but mine and many others is over for another year and as such looking to book a main holiday for next year.

After a hectic Malaysia/Thailand trip this year, we are going back to AI laziness so just put a deposit down on 14 nights at 'Secrets Royal Beach' Punta Cana in Dominican Republic.

Flying with Thomson on a 747 Dream-liner I believe. The Premium economy upgrade was reasonably priced so treated ourselves to it for the first time. 

I know AI isn't everyone's cup of tea but sun, pool, beach, cocktails, food, bit of evening entertainment is what we are totally content with every other year.

Got a week in Portugal at me mates Villa still to come this year and a couple of Champions league away games (credit card permitting) but I do love my main summer holiday and it makes working in a job I don't particularly like worthwhile. :)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Holiday 2018
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 02:56:16 pm »
Got our regular January trip to Tenerife booked, although the apartments we stay in are being refurbed, so there is a bunch of us who all stay at the same time not sure exactly where we will be, we'll get something sorted though. Got a villa booked in Menorca for June and missus is now looking at Lanzarote as we've just got £2100 from Virgin as compo for a 24 hour delay in Orlando.

She even knows where we are going in 2019!!!! She's 50 in the July, so we are doing Florida again, but either a couple of months before her birthday or Sept/Oct. We've no-one to mind the kids for a week now, so they are coming, hence Florida, I was going to take her on the Queen Mary to NY otherwise.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 03:25:52 pm »
Haven't had a decent holiday in years but next year I'm hoping for a couple of trips.

1st choice is West Canada with a bit of Alaska

2nd choice is the Galápagos Islands :)

I may be able to do them both but unsure...
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 06:29:48 pm »
Sorry if some of you guys are still revving up for this years holiday but mine and many others is over for another year and as such looking to book a main holiday for next year.

After a hectic Malaysia/Thailand trip this year, we are going back to AI laziness so just put a deposit down on 14 nights at 'Secrets Royal Beach' Punta Cana in Dominican Republic.

Flying with Thomson on a 747 Dream-liner I believe. The Premium economy upgrade was reasonably priced so treated ourselves to it for the first time. 

I know AI isn't everyone's cup of tea but sun, pool, beach, cocktails, food, bit of evening entertainment is what we are totally content with every other year.

Got a week in Portugal at me mates Villa still to come this year and a couple of Champions league away games (credit card permitting) but I do love my main summer holiday and it makes working in a job I don't particularly like worthwhile. :)
Sorry but the aviation geek in me has to correct you there, it's a 787  ;)

Not sure where I'm headed next year, need to sort out a job first. Probably Antalya for 10 nights or Singapore/Kuala Lumpur followed by a week in Marrakech later in the year. But unfortunately as it stands, not going anywhere until I land a job :(

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 11:48:57 am »

Online macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 12:26:44 pm »

Not sure where I'm headed next year, need to sort out a job first. Probably Antalya for 10 nights or Singapore/Kuala Lumpur followed by a week in Marrakech later in the year. But unfortunately as it stands, not going anywhere until I land a job :(

You been Singapore?  Spent 3 nights there and spent more in those 3 nights than I did in 3 and a half weeks in Vietnam.  Nice place though and it didn't help that we stayed in marina bay sands which if you can afford is worth it just for the pool.  Me and my bird had a load of free drinks in raffles tho.  Got talking to the bartender upstairs and he just said I'll tell the bar staff its your honeymoon (it wasn't) and got drinks for free the rest of the night.

So far I've only got a skiing trip booked for next year to sauze d'oulx.  Tempted by Croatia for a couple of weeks but need to look how much me and her can get together.  Apart from that should be canoeing through the fjords in finland with a few of my mates.  Done a similar trip to Sweden the other year which was boss.  Will tag a few nights in Helsinki at the end if we fly to there.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 12:51:09 pm »
Billy Big Bollocks Pete coming over and stealing my annual holiday thread. Bastard.

Getting married next year so need to decide on a honeymoon destination. Other than that, no plans as of yet.

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 02:48:50 pm »
You been Singapore?  Spent 3 nights there and spent more in those 3 nights than I did in 3 and a half weeks in Vietnam.  Nice place though and it didn't help that we stayed in marina bay sands which if you can afford is worth it just for the pool.  Me and my bird had a load of free drinks in raffles tho.  Got talking to the bartender upstairs and he just said I'll tell the bar staff its your honeymoon (it wasn't) and got drinks for free the rest of the night.
Nope but all my friends have and all I hear is good things. Hotel rates are pricey compared to KL but I feel I owe Singapore a visit, especially Sentosa Island and all it has to offer. Was actually considering Bali but just cannot be bothered with the 3 hour flight so decided to visit the two best cities Asia has to offer.

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 01:00:37 am »
Nope but all my friends have and all I hear is good things. Hotel rates are pricey compared to KL but I feel I owe Singapore a visit, especially Sentosa Island and all it has to offer. Was actually considering Bali but just cannot be bothered with the 3 hour flight so decided to visit the two best cities Asia has to offer.

The two best cities Asia has to offer are Tokyo and Bangkok. Certainly not Singapore and KL. Singapore is decent for a few nights for the food but bring the chequebook if you are planning on drinking a lot. Bali is amazing, take that 3 hour flight instead, you won't regret it !

Currently planning an Oman / Jordan trip for next year. It seems to be getting a lot of hype as a great travel destination. If anyone has been let me know what you thought.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 06:48:59 pm »
Just booked 11 nights in america next year, New york, chicago, san francisco and las vegas

Can't wait :D only ever been to new york so looking forward to see the rest

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 10:33:54 am »
Hoping to go to Orlando again, probably in August this time.
Will be hot but son goes to a special needs college and we took him out of there for this years holiday, as well as my wife working in schools.
Can't see us being able to go outside of the summer holidays.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2017, 09:59:06 am »
The two best cities Asia has to offer are Tokyo and Bangkok. Certainly not Singapore and KL. Singapore is decent for a few nights for the food but bring the chequebook if you are planning on drinking a lot. Bali is amazing, take that 3 hour flight instead, you won't regret it !

Currently planning an Oman / Jordan trip for next year. It seems to be getting a lot of hype as a great travel destination. If anyone has been let me know what you thought.

Jordan is amazing. Petra is just out of this world, and it'll still be quiet because people think "OMG MIDDLE EAST I CAN'T GO THERE". If you can do the early morning Petra thing, you'll have the place almost entirely to yourself. Wadi Rum was great, driving through the desert and dunes and camping out. I also made it out to Umm Qais via Irbid, which was really beautiful, but a bit of an adventure to get there using the old chicken bus / "locals just pick you up as and when they pass you on the road" thing. Despite this, I felt very safe the entire time there. The Roman ruins outside Amman are cool too. But I prefered Umm Qais because there wasn't another tourist in sight. You can look down over the Sea of Galilee from there. It's beautiful.

I've heard good things about Oman too. I'll also be going to Oman next year (April ish). We're using it as a jumping off point to Socotra Island (Yemen). Will likely spend 5 or 6 days in Oman too, split between Muscat and Salalah.

Also in the diary for 2018: Sudan. And I have a set of flights to Kuala Lumpur and Qatar to take up after having to postpone a trip that I had planned for this year. Not a bad start.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2017, 09:50:52 pm »
Probably going to do Porto next year and travel down to Lisbon

Might incorporate the Primavera Festival in Barca too
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2017, 11:49:55 am »
I've been to both Porto, Lisbon and Primavera in the last year mate, thoroughly recommend both. Porto reminded me of Liverpool a bit, good port city with a strong mentality. Really sound, Barca is obviously incredible, too!

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2017, 02:59:08 pm »
Off to Singapore for four nights and Kuala Lumpur 9 nights next July. Can't wait, heard so many good things about both places so really looking forward to it.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 07:09:52 pm »
Undecied between New York and the Hamptons or Miami.

Before the end of 2017, a weekend break in a county house hotel would suit us just fine.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2017, 06:48:49 pm »
Kos for me next year, never been to Greece so looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 09:54:20 pm by Shady Craig »

Offline so kop end lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 04:03:20 pm »
Just booked flights for my 40th

London to Bogota

Rio to London.

I have 34 days to get from bogota to Rio for my flight home.

Not planing anything this time, gonna go with the flow although I do have some things/places in mind.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2018, 09:34:14 am »
Any recommendations for somewhere to stay on Tenerife?

We're going for a long weekend to take in a little bit of sun in March and use some residual annual leave. We're a couple in our early thirties. Not the type to do package holidays (we normally go a bit further afield and build our own trips).

Looking for somewhere where there are some nice, authentic restaurants, a couple of bars, a good beach, ideally not full of tourists and generally not your typical 'Brits abroad' location.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2018, 11:00:44 am »
Booked Peru for 16 days

Can't wait to do the Inca Trail and Huayna Picchu.

Can't decide if it's worth doing the Nazca lines.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2018, 11:16:13 am »
Vegas & New York in June. Dubai in Sept.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2018, 11:30:09 am »
Went skiing for 2 1/2 days last week.

That was it.

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2018, 11:35:20 am »
2 weeks in México over Easter. 6 nights in Mexico City and 8 nights on the Riviera Maya 8)
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2018, 12:29:46 pm »
10 days in Rome, Florence and Venice in May.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2018, 01:06:26 pm »
Alcudia in April for a week and Florida for 2 weeks in September.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2018, 03:46:05 pm »

Off to climb this beauty in about 6 weeks
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2018, 04:03:18 pm »
Off to climb this beauty in about 6 weeks

Nice! Enjoy. That's on my list.

Sudan for me in less than 4 weeks. A "working holiday" in that I'm leading a tour over there. Really looking forward to it, though.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2018, 01:31:35 pm »
^ restaurant food in Singapore is not cheap but they also have loads of hawker stand food places which are* and they are typically very good. Ale anywhere there is not cheap**  (I assume you are asking relative to the UK)

* I was there last year and paid pretty much what you'd pay at the chippy.
** under no circumstance order a beer and a Singapore Sling if you find your self in the long bar at Raffles if you are on a tight budget :D

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2018, 01:33:13 pm »
Quick break to Lanzarote already done and Cyprus for a wedding in October, staying at the Olympic Lagoon in Paphos.

Would love another in June but I don't think it'll happen.

Itching to get to Vegas/ San Francisco and seeing flights for £300 the other day I had to stop myself from paying for them.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2018, 04:37:41 pm »
Quick break to Lanzarote already done

Which resort in Lanzarote did you stay at out of curiosity?

Booked a week there in August.  Our usual villa in Portugal isn't available so thought we'd have a change of scenery this year.

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2018, 02:41:58 am »
split between Muscat and Salalah.

...0h Mane Mane!
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2018, 02:47:26 am »

The two best cities Asia has to offer?

Hong Kong? Shanghai? Tokyo? Beijing? Siem Reap... and so many more
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2018, 07:17:47 am »
Which resort in Lanzarote did you stay at out of curiosity?

Booked a week there in August.  Our usual villa in Portugal isn't available so thought we'd have a change of scenery this year.
Stayed in Puerto del Carmen. Just an apartment near the beach/ old town harbour for a chilled few days away.
I’d go again. There wasn’t much entertainment at night we found but it could have been due to it being January maybe.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2018, 10:25:12 am »
Hopefully back here..

Unbelievable sunsets every night..Mount Teide visible from here,love going to Gran Canaria.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2018, 11:43:12 am »
2 weeks in México over Easter. 6 nights in Mexico City and 8 nights on the Riviera Maya 8)

Nigh swan... if you need any advice about Mexico City, give me a shout, I live there! (I also know Playa del Carmen if that is one of your spots during your visit)
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2018, 12:40:05 pm »
Looking for a European city break idea, have done most of the 'usual' ones, been looking at places like Riga, Tallinn, Ljubljana, Zagreb, Belgrade. Anyone got any preferences on any of these over others or any other ideas? Maybe Marrakech but have already been there once before years ago. Possibly for September if that makes a difference weather-wise.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2018, 06:09:33 pm »
Looking for a European city break idea, have done most of the 'usual' ones, been looking at places like Riga, Tallinn, Ljubljana, Zagreb, Belgrade. Anyone got any preferences on any of these over others or any other ideas? Maybe Marrakech but have already been there once before years ago. Possibly for September if that makes a difference weather-wise.

Just back from Vilnius / Warsaw and Szezcin.

I'd deffo recommend Vlnius mate. Friendly locals and in the old town of Uzupis theres a few craft ale bars. It was freezing though. One night it went down to - 12.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2018, 08:13:13 pm »
Off to dubai for a couple of nights in April then onto singapore for a night then picking up a ship for 2 weeks visiting , kuala lumpar , colombo , Penang , Cochin , Phuket , langkawi , muscat and then back to dubai .

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2018, 12:35:30 pm »
Just back from Vilnius / Warsaw and Szezcin.

I'd deffo recommend Vlnius mate. Friendly locals and in the old town of Uzupis theres a few craft ale bars. It was freezing though. One night it went down to - 12.

Funnily enough a mate recommended Vilnius to me last night - cheers, will look into it.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2018, 02:48:02 am »
Funnily enough a mate recommended Vilnius to me last night - cheers, will look into it.

Lovely little place.

The night it was - 12 I could feel my innards freezing with all the ale. Yikes . I got wise the next day and started on the local herbal liquers.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .