Author Topic: Disney Theme Parks  (Read 41147 times)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: Walt Disney World, Florida
« Reply #280 on: September 17, 2017, 12:09:29 pm »
It can be the difference between 1-3 hours and 10-30 minutes.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #281 on: September 17, 2017, 06:41:33 pm »
Flights all booked and paid for :-)  Villa hunt on the way now and will look at tickets etc. We're having 11 nights there so will probably just want 7 day passes and a couple of days just chilling and doing some local stuff.

Looking at Villas in ChampionsGate which seems to be preferred area for everyone.

The idea is to mainly do Universal stuff.

On the ticket front, whats the difference in waiting times in having a fast pass as opposed to a normal pass for the more popular rides?

The area near Formosa Gardens in Kissimmee is where we prefer, pretty good access to everything and close to supermarkets, restaurants and a few decent bars also.

As regards the FP+ depends on what time of the year you are going and what time of day also, getting to the parks early with the FP+ and quieter parks you can beat a lot of the queue's.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #282 on: September 20, 2017, 04:17:29 am »
Got back a couple of weeks ago.

There are major changes happening at Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
They have closed Ellen's Energy Adventure at Epcot and it will be replaced with a Guardians of the Galaxy ride.  I'm not surprised really as Ellen's Energy Adventure looked very dated and didn't really look good any more.  It was over 20 years old!

There is a lot of building work going on at Hollywood Studios.  Toy Story Land is coming along and they'll have a few new rides, including a Slinky Dog Rollercoaster!
They are also building Star Wars Land which looks good.
The Great Movie Ride has been closed, which again is no surprise as it was also very dated.

Pandora, the World of Avatar has opened at Animal Kingdom, and all I can say is WOW, the who area look amazing! 
Queues for Avatar - Flight of Passage are ridiculous (almost 3 hours) but we were fortunate enough to get fast passes for it.  It is phenominal!   If you've been on Soarin' at Epoct, think of that, magnified x10.   
There were people who rode at the same time as us who said they were going to re-join the queue and wait almost 3 hours to do it again!
I would have probably queued again if the time had been an hour or so.  It really was spectacular.

Just got back after four days at Disney. Pandora - one of the best things I've ever done. It was still quiet post-Irma so we managed to do it twice, first wait was 30 mins, second time 50 mins. Loved Everest at Animal Kingdom as well! Hollywood Studios was very meh with the renovations going on and we ate at the 50's cafe where the waitress went a bit OTT with her role in being a strict house wife. It was weird.

Epcot got super busy yesterday, looked like people who delayed their trip for the hurricane were coming back, and seemed super busy today although we were headed back to the airport. Great trip, although Mickey Mouse sure knows how to take your dollar!

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #283 on: September 21, 2017, 01:06:38 pm »
I'm off to Orlando next Saturday for 2 weeks, we got the unlimited tickets for the 3 Universal Studios parks and for Sea world/Bush gardens as worked out much cheaper. We're going to do Disney for one day and pay on the gate primarily for Pandora as it's supposed to be amazing.
Bought tickets for Kennedy space centre too so we've got a lot to cram into 14 days.
The exchange rate is at about it's highest for a year and I got 1.32 by booking online at Thomas Cook (you get a better exchange rate if you book to pick your dollars up as opposed to just dropping in the shop)
I'm a bit unsure how much too take as it's just me and the misses and 2 other couples so money is primarily for food as got most of the days out paid for. Here's hoping there's no more hurricanes!
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: September 21, 2017, 03:02:15 pm »
I'm off to Orlando next Saturday for 2 weeks, we got the unlimited tickets for the 3 Universal Studios parks and for Sea world/Bush gardens as worked out much cheaper. We're going to do Disney for one day and pay on the gate primarily for Pandora as it's supposed to be amazing.
Bought tickets for Kennedy space centre too so we've got a lot to cram into 14 days.
The exchange rate is at about it's highest for a year and I got 1.32 by booking online at Thomas Cook (you get a better exchange rate if you book to pick your dollars up as opposed to just dropping in the shop)
I'm a bit unsure how much too take as it's just me and the misses and 2 other couples so money is primarily for food as got most of the days out paid for. Here's hoping there's no more hurricanes!
Personally, I never take cash, only the Halifax Clarity card, which gives an excellent exchange rate and no transaction charges. I then use internet banking to clear the balance as I use it.
Kennedy Space Centre is a good day out, but a fair drive as well
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #285 on: September 21, 2017, 03:16:14 pm »
Personally, I never take cash, only the Halifax Clarity card, which gives an excellent exchange rate and no transaction charges. I then use internet banking to clear the balance as I use it.
Kennedy Space Centre is a good day out, but a fair drive as well
I looked at the clarity card mate but I think I left it a bit late as only found out about last Friday and I really wanted to get the money sorted at the high rate and not risk being declined for the card and having to take the lower rate it's now at, I should of sorted it sooner lol.
It's going to be an early start for KSC as we want a good day there to see it all. We're going to do a shopping day at some point too, any recommendations on where is best for casual/gym clothes?

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: September 21, 2017, 03:31:38 pm »
I looked at the clarity card mate but I think I left it a bit late as only found out about last Friday and I really wanted to get the money sorted at the high rate and not risk being declined for the card and having to take the lower rate it's now at, I should of sorted it sooner lol.
It's going to be an early start for KSC as we want a good day there to see it all. We're going to do a shopping day at some point too, any recommendations on where is best for casual/gym clothes?
Go to any of the Outlets, there are several, each will have Nike, Adidas, Under Armor etc stores - all will have good bargains. Google Simon Premium oultlets and sign up online - you'll get further discount vouchers.
Every man has a dream

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #287 on: September 22, 2017, 11:31:38 am »
Go to any of the Outlets, there are several, each will have Nike, Adidas, Under Armor etc stores - all will have good bargains. Google Simon Premium oultlets and sign up online - you'll get further discount vouchers.
Good call mate I've just signed up, thanks. Any descent things you can think of to see and do that aren't the normal ones already covered? I'm only asking as me and the misses are going to deviate from the hurd for 2 of the days as we haven't got any kids with us and were taking full advantage :)

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #288 on: September 22, 2017, 12:18:02 pm »
The best outlet malls in Orlando are Premium Outlets, there are 2 one on Vineland Road and the other on International Drive.
Just google and you will see store directory etc

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #289 on: September 22, 2017, 03:58:56 pm »
The best outlet malls in Orlando are Premium Outlets, there are 2 one on Vineland Road and the other on International Drive.
Just google and you will see store directory etc

Yeah Premium Outlets is class, we went and there was a North Face sale with like 80% off. Most popular shops I swear are the luggage ones, with people buying suitcases to fill with cheap stuff from other shops and then just pay £65 for an extra suitcase on the flight.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #290 on: September 25, 2017, 07:59:39 am »
Cheers guys were definatly going to give the Premium Outlets a try  for our shopping day :)  are there any good bars or places that show the prem games? This Sundays one at 4pm would be good or the European mid weeker after would be great, any recommendations fellas?

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #291 on: September 25, 2017, 09:56:40 am »
Cheers guys were definatly going to give the Premium Outlets a try  for our shopping day :)  are there any good bars or places that show the prem games? This Sundays one at 4pm would be good or the European mid weeker after would be great, any recommendations fellas?

Millers Ale House is likely to, there are a few including one on International Drive.
8963 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819

Also here:
http://fieldhouseorlando.com/
http://harpandcelt.com/
Scruffy Murphys - 6582 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32818
The Shamrock - 43392 Us Hwy 27
Davenport, FL, 33837

ESPN Sports Bar at Disney's Boardwalk resort, TVs everywhere.
2101 N Epcot Resorts Blvd, Orlando, FL 32836

Outback Steakhouse has a good bar, again there are a few of them including one across the road from the Vineland Outlets, but they won't show football games, American Football, Baseball etc though

8195 Vineland Ave, Orlando, FL 32821

WDW Disney Springs has loads of nice themed bars

https://www.disneysprings.com/dining/
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 10:06:04 am by Frank Becton »

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #292 on: September 25, 2017, 10:05:32 am »
The best place is the ESPN Sports Bar at Disney's Boardwalk resort, TVs everywhere.
Millers Ale House is also likely to, there are a few including one on International Drive.

Also here:
http://fieldhouseorlando.com/
http://harpandcelt.com/
Scruffy Murphys - 6582 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32818
The Shamrock - 43392 Us Hwy 27
Davenport, FL, 33837
Mate that is fantastic! Thanks for your help buddy. On a side note we've hired a big 6 bed villa so what are the odds of being able to watch us or premiership games on the tv in the villa? I stream our games so worst case I can always watch on my phone but I don't mind getting up in the middle of the night if it's on the main tv? Thanks mate

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #293 on: September 25, 2017, 10:26:43 am »
Mate that is fantastic! Thanks for your help buddy. On a side note we've hired a big 6 bed villa so what are the odds of being able to watch us or premiership games on the tv in the villa? I stream our games so worst case I can always watch on my phone but I don't mind getting up in the middle of the night if it's on the main tv? Thanks mate

It all depends on what the villa owner has subscribed to mate, a little like being SKY or BT account holders here in the UK.
They may just have the standard channels or they may have some sort of cable channel set up.

There are a lot of Irish pubs in the Orlando area, some on my earlier post, and they tend to open early for breakfast and often show LIVE games, I watched the reds play Sunderland at 07:30 US time in a pub on the 192 in Kissimmee years ago but since then our league has a lot more exposure and there are a lot more channels so I would say there is a chance you can watch at the villa.

The villa we stayed at this May showed most Premier League games, but maybe because it was close to the end of the season.
Some like ESPN and FOX do show LIVE games but you are best checking with the owners.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 10:33:22 am by Frank Becton »

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: September 25, 2017, 10:55:45 am »

3 words - You lucky sod :)

Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure were our main stomping ground but I must say the day we had at Animal Kingdom was just superb. The place seemed to have a more chilled vibe about it. Pandora obviously wasn't there when we went in 2007, I need to go back as this ride sounds like an amazing experience.

I've watched the Blackfish documentary but it didn't stop us enjoying ourselves at SeaWorld either. Went there twice.

Busch Gardens day out was a blast, 'Cheetah Run' there was my favourite ride of the whole Florida trip.

Yep, i NEED to go back!!

Have a good one. :)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: September 25, 2017, 12:45:45 pm »
It depends, but the CL game is on Fox Sports 2, and the Newcastle game is on NBCSN. So you can always see if you have those channels when you get there.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #296 on: September 28, 2017, 07:51:56 am »
Guys I can't thank you all enough for the advice, I'm now sorted for shopping and watching us so again thanks for all the pointers, I never thought I'd get to go being 42 and daughter all grown up and married so me and the misses jumped at the chance when her family planned it..  Off too the airport hotel tmrw evening then flying out Saturday at 12.30 lunchtime and hitting sea world when we get there as it will be early afternoon. GatorLand is on the to do list as well at some point, were definatly doing Animal Kingdom specifically for Pandora but we will just pay for the day there and get there early.
I'l stick some pics up on here while I'm away .
Travelling back when we play United which is a bit of a bastard but i can t have it all lol.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 07:54:11 am by pezzzer »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #297 on: September 28, 2017, 08:51:36 am »
Guys I can't thank you all enough for the advice, I'm now sorted for shopping and watching us so again thanks for all the pointers, I never thought I'd get to go being 42 and daughter all grown up and married so me and the misses jumped at the chance when her family planned it..  Off too the airport hotel tmrw evening then flying out Saturday at 12.30 lunchtime and hitting sea world when we get there as it will be early afternoon. GatorLand is on the to do list as well at some point, were definatly doing Animal Kingdom specifically for Pandora but we will just pay for the day there and get there early.
I'l stick some pics up on here while I'm away .
Travelling back when we play United which is a bit of a bastard but i can t have it all lol.

You'll love it buddy, enjoy.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #298 on: October 16, 2017, 03:05:07 pm »
Wow!! Got back yesterday and I've got to say in 42 years it's the best holiday I've ever had!
Universal studios is incredible and has to be seen to be believed in its sheer size and the way they have nailed all the different areas. Spiderman 4D and Harry potter being my fave simulated rides with hulk being the best coaster, fuck me that is one extreme ride! We went back 4 times to cover all the main attractions and enjoyed each 8 hour visit as much as the last.
Volcano bay was a water park dream, beautiful man made beach and sea area with a superb wave machine and the extreme rides were awesome, another brilliant 8 hours.
B gardens was great too but you've got to love the coasters to make the most of it although the hippos underwater were great too.
Sea world was fantastic and went twice to get all the shows and rides in, I know there's some talk of animal cruelty there but the dolphins and killer whales looked happy enough and had good bonds with there trainers so I feel no guilt in going plus it really is a great chance to see creatures we went other wise get the chance too.
We took in gator land which was good and the icing on the cake was seeing a rocket launch at Kennedy Space centre, absalout touch as we had a use anytime ticket and they just by chance had a launch moved to last Wednesday so we paid the extra 20 bucks to get the VIP seats, incredible is all I can say.
The best ride though has to be Avatar Flight of the Banshee. We paid the day ticket price to go to Animal Kingdom specifically for this ride and boy we weren't disappointed, incredible!

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #299 on: October 16, 2017, 03:08:44 pm »
How far in advance would you suggest booking your car. We are going in May.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #300 on: October 17, 2017, 07:25:05 am »
We booked ours when we initially booked the Holiday, we used Alimo I think and it was a pretty painless experience, because we had to wait ten minutes for the car to be cleaned they knocked 50 bucks off too!

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #301 on: October 17, 2017, 09:58:26 am »
Wow!! Got back yesterday and I've got to say in 42 years it's the best holiday I've ever had!
Universal studios is incredible and has to be seen to be believed in its sheer size and the way they have nailed all the different areas. Spiderman 4D and Harry potter being my fave simulated rides with hulk being the best coaster, fuck me that is one extreme ride! We went back 4 times to cover all the main attractions and enjoyed each 8 hour visit as much as the last.
Volcano bay was a water park dream, beautiful man made beach and sea area with a superb wave machine and the extreme rides were awesome, another brilliant 8 hours.
B gardens was great too but you've got to love the coasters to make the most of it although the hippos underwater were great too.
Sea world was fantastic and went twice to get all the shows and rides in, I know there's some talk of animal cruelty there but the dolphins and killer whales looked happy enough and had good bonds with there trainers so I feel no guilt in going plus it really is a great chance to see creatures we went other wise get the chance too.
We took in gator land which was good and the icing on the cake was seeing a rocket launch at Kennedy Space centre, absalout touch as we had a use anytime ticket and they just by chance had a launch moved to last Wednesday so we paid the extra 20 bucks to get the VIP seats, incredible is all I can say.
The best ride though has to be Avatar Flight of the Banshee. We paid the day ticket price to go to Animal Kingdom specifically for this ride and boy we weren't disappointed, incredible!

Glad you had such a good time, only problem is now you are hooked and will want to keep going back!

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #302 on: October 17, 2017, 10:00:25 am »

Prices tend to fluctuate so I would suggest keeping an eye out for any good deals, dependant on the car size you are after.
Alamo are as good as anyone.

Make sure you get all the necessary cover including loss damage waiver and all the supplementary cover and taxes.
Otherwise you may find you end up paying for them over there which can be more expensive.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
« Reply #303 on: October 17, 2017, 11:47:45 am »
Glad you had such a good time, only problem is now you are hooked and will want to keep going back!
Cheers buddy, ive said I'l go again when my grandson/daughter is about 7 and I'l take my daughter and son in law to treat them all, although it's as much forme as them :)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #304 on: October 17, 2017, 01:01:46 pm »
Make sure you get all the necessary cover including loss damage waiver and all the supplementary cover and taxes.
Otherwise you may find you end up paying for them over there which can be more expensive.

We went on a Virgin fly-drive (because it was cheaper than just the flight when we were booking - madness!) and part of the package was a nil excess. But when I've hired cars in the UK or Europe, I've always bought collision damage waiver excess insurance online from an independent. I'd imagine the same works in the US, but check first - if it does, buy it that way.

I'm not sure whether it's ok to post links, so I'll just suggest you visit moneysavingexpert.com (this ok the reference, Mods?) and search on there, as they have some comparison links. It'll be a fraction of the price the rental company charge.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: October 17, 2017, 01:08:01 pm »

We went on a Virgin fly-drive (because it was cheaper than just the flight when we were booking - madness!) and part of the package was a nil excess. But when I've hired cars in the UK or Europe, I've always bought collision damage waiver excess insurance online from an independent. I'd imagine the same works in the US, but check first - if it does, buy it that way.

I'm not sure whether it's ok to post links, so I'll just suggest you visit moneysavingexpert.com (this ok the reference, Mods?) and search on there, as they have some comparison links. It'll be a fraction of the price the rental company charge.
Also use some of the generic sites like Argus or cheapcarrental, they do sales occasionally and, as I did with my last booking with Argus, allow you to change your booking if a cheaper price pops up later in the year before you go
Every man has a dream

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #306 on: March 6, 2019, 12:24:48 pm »
So me and the missus are toying with the idea of going to Florida later this year.  Anyone with no kids got experience of going as a couple, how many days would you recommend for Disney/Universal?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Stevie2810

• Main Stander
« Reply #307 on: March 25, 2019, 07:35:54 pm »
So me and the missus are toying with the idea of going to Florida later this year.  Anyone with no kids got experience of going as a couple, how many days would you recommend for Disney/Universal?
Done it twice mate.

If you 2 enjoy a beverage I would either stay on site at universal and go to City walk at nighttime. Another option would be staying on International drive where there’s Plenty of bars and restaurants.

I would say split your time half and half for the theme parks if you can. Definetly try and visit Busch gardens for a day, the rides there are awesome.

Have yous been before?

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #308 on: March 25, 2019, 07:44:49 pm »
Can’t believe I’m going to Florida next month and not going to Disneyworld at all!

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: March 25, 2019, 07:55:42 pm »
Can’t believe I’m going to Florida next month and not going to Disneyworld at all!

Sounds ideal

What kind of stuff you doing? Going in September and trying not to do Disney

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #310 on: March 25, 2019, 08:06:17 pm »
Last time we went we did very little but Disney for 17 nights!

This time is just a week after getting amazingly cheap school holiday flights. Just doing universal as my little boy is Harry Potter mad at the moment. Can’t wait

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: April 11, 2019, 05:40:32 pm »
I'll be doing Disneyland Paris at the beginning of June. Getting in Monday night, will go to the village, parkhopper for the next day, and then about 6 hours the next in the larger park before going back to the UK. I like the idea of the past passes they have, but don't like the price, as I have to buy five. The predicted average wait times are 21 minutes. Looking at the app, the long waits are Thunder Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. Not arsed with either of those as we've done them loads at other parks.

Has anyone used the fastpasses? When we are going school is still in and it's weekdays, so I don't think I'll need them.

Any other tips are always welcome.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #312 on: April 11, 2019, 05:53:22 pm »
I'll be doing Disneyland Paris at the beginning of June. Getting in Monday night, will go to the village, parkhopper for the next day, and then about 6 hours the next in the larger park before going back to the UK. I like the idea of the past passes they have, but don't like the price, as I have to buy five. The predicted average wait times are 21 minutes. Looking at the app, the long waits are Thunder Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. Not arsed with either of those as we've done them loads at other parks.

Has anyone used the fastpasses? When we are going school is still in and it's weekdays, so I don't think I'll need them.

Use the fast passes. They really are your friends - they are free and do save time - Thunder Mountain and Peter Pan are nightmareish without them. Space Mountain queues are shorter than you think they will be. The Indiana Jones Coaster is quieter than you'd expect and is a good ride for busy periods - as is pirates. If you want to do Crush's coaster, do it as the park opens. The queue is just impossible otherwise. Star Tours is also a good fallback. Autopia is legalised torture and should be dodged.

Ratatouille is a good fast pass for the Hollywood park. The last 2 hours of the day are great for just hitting lots of rides. You may have more joy taking a break for a couple of hours in the middle of the day, and revitalising the kids for a late burst.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: April 11, 2019, 05:54:33 pm »
P.S. I love the Earl of Sandwich for as close to reasonable food prices as you get around there.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: April 11, 2019, 06:01:47 pm »
Use the fast passes. They really are your friends - they are free and do save time - Thunder Mountain and Peter Pan are nightmareish without them. Space Mountain queues are shorter than you think they will be. The Indiana Jones Coaster is quieter than you'd expect and is a good ride for busy periods - as is pirates. If you want to do Crush's coaster, do it as the park opens. The queue is just impossible otherwise. Star Tours is also a good fallback. Autopia is legalised torture and should be dodged.

Ratatouille is a good fast pass for the Hollywood park. The last 2 hours of the day are great for just hitting lots of rides. You may have more joy taking a break for a couple of hours in the middle of the day, and revitalising the kids for a late burst.

Good to know, I got the impression the paid fastpasses had replaced the free ones, looks like not.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: April 11, 2019, 07:20:27 pm »
Good to know, I got the impression the paid fastpasses had replaced the free ones, looks like not.

They had not last summer, I thought that was a US thing.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #316 on: April 11, 2019, 07:23:54 pm »
Sounds like a fucking chore going there with kids.

Did it a few times with my folks when I was younger and you’ve made me feel I need to ring them and apologise.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #317 on: April 11, 2019, 07:57:18 pm »
Been in universal for the past few days and I’m really loving the place more than I ever had in the past thanks to being here with my son for the first time.

Hotel is great and the parks are pretty quiet, until the rest
Of the uk schools break up next week (Liverpool, Sefton etc broke up last week)

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: April 11, 2019, 08:18:45 pm »

Don't forget to stay for the Disney dreams show, although it will be on quite late in the summer, it's in the main park at closing time every night.

Fast passes are free but once you get one you can't get another for 2 hours I think.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 08:20:57 pm by Liverlee »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #319 on: April 11, 2019, 08:48:49 pm »
Done it twice mate.

If you 2 enjoy a beverage I would either stay on site at universal and go to City walk at nighttime. Another option would be staying on International drive where there’s Plenty of bars and restaurants.

I would say split your time half and half for the theme parks if you can. Definetly try and visit Busch gardens for a day, the rides there are awesome.

Have yous been before?

I went ages ago as a kid but this is the first time for my girlfriend.  We booked a hotel on International so everything bar Disney is within arm's reach.  Got the Disney and Universal tickets in the post today, so excited.  Can't beat a proper holiday.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.