Author Topic: Barcelona Thread - Holiday Info / Help / Recommendations etc.  (Read 26414 times)

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
Re: Barcelona Thread 2012 - Holiday Info / Help / Recommendations etc.
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2012, 03:09:51 pm »
Booked the flights last week for Friday the 16 of November which means we'll catch the Zaragoza game on the Sunday.

This thread has been fantastic help, but If I could get someones advice on the best way to get four tickets that are seated next to each other. I have been looking at the official website, but ticket allocation seems to be sparse to say the least.

[EDIT]

Just noticed that I should have read the above posts.

That's the game im heading for mate dont know whether to wait or chance it around the ground on the day for 2 tickets together, finding it abit weird i cant find 2 together with the size of the stadium.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2012, 03:12:58 pm »
This is what I found on the Barca website when I was looking at tickets for Atletico game at the start of December. I'm reading this thinking I should hold out for another couple of weeks...

Are you looking for tickets for football matches at the Camp Nou and you can't find any?
Don't worry; we'll make it easy for you. Thanks to our new seating generation system, you can find what you're looking for now later on!

Yes, that's right! The number of seats available at the Camp Nou is dynamic and changes constantly over time!

How? You'll see new seats coming up for sale every day...
Which seats? Those owned by season ticket holders who won't be coming to the game and have decided to 'free up their seat' and put it on sale via the club's Seient Lliure service.

On average 15,000 seats are freed up for League matches, and that means 15,000 new tickets on sale. More than 7,000 of those seats become available in the 72 hours before the game and virtually up to kick-off time.
With all these new tickets, you're bound to find the ones you want!

Keep an eye on availability... and make sure you get your seat at the Camp Nou!

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2012, 03:14:45 pm »
This is what I found on the Barca website when I was looking at tickets for Atlético game at the start of December. I'm reading this thinking I should hold out for another couple of weeks...

That clears it up abit more then thanks for that, might just hang on until nearer the time then.

Cant see Zaragoza being hard to get tickets together for when we touch down in Barcelona.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2012, 03:16:01 pm »
That's the game im heading for mate dont know whether to wait or chance it around the ground on the day for 2 tickets together, finding it abit weird i cant find 2 together with the size of the stadium.
Yeah same as, if this continues I might just chance it outside the stadium as well. Four is probably stretching it, but paired up in the same section would suit me fine. My main worry is Messi getting injured in the next month or two!

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2012, 03:25:58 pm »
I'm looking at apartments now, where's the best place to situate ourselves? Best place for a group of lads, but no shitty tourist trap area with rubbish cheap nightclubs and strip clubs. Vaguely bohemian we'll say.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2012, 09:03:56 am »
Looking at booking flights now but Ryanair is giving me a few choices to fly to.

Barcelona Reus, Barcelona el Prat or Barcelona Girona anyone know which is best?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 09:22:00 am by 'Mondzz' »

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2012, 09:35:33 am »
Barcelona el Prat
This is the actual city airport and the one I'm flying into. The other two you'll have to commute.

Got my apartment booked last night. All set now, cant wait  :scarf

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2012, 10:27:06 am »
This is the actual city airport and the one I'm flying into. The other two you'll have to commute.

Got my apartment booked last night. All set now, cant wait  :scarf

Cheers mate doesnt look like any flights are going to that airport on the saturday only friday so thinking of flying to Girona on the saturday and flying back from el Prat.

Any idea how far Girona is? Or how difficult it is to get the the centre of Barcelona from there?
Edit: No worries just found it around an hour on the bus from the airport.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 10:32:43 am by 'Mondzz' »

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2012, 11:24:48 am »
Does anyone know if tickets can be bought at the two Barca ticket outlets on La Ramblas our do they only offer a service for collection?

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: March 5, 2013, 10:58:56 am »
Blimey!

Leaving for Barcelona this friday.

We're a bunch of lads thats been traveling together for nigh on 20 years now. Program ranges from Barca vs Coruna on Saturday, Beethovens 9th on sunday via epic amounts of food and drinks and the odd museum, shops, whatthefuckhaveyou in between.

Yar!
@Yvanicuzz

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #50 on: March 5, 2013, 01:27:53 pm »
Be wary on La Ramblas but particularly on the metro and in the metro stations. 
Gangs of pickpockets (mainly eastern european) looking to relieve people of their wallets. 
I was there with a group of friends last July & one of the lads got done as he was getting on a train..

Basically, one of them stood next to him but jumped onto the train first - just as the doors opened.
Another 2 were behind my mate and proceeded to push him onto the train.
The first pickpocket then shoved my mate back in the opposite direction.

By the time my mate steadied himself they'd all jumped off and just as the doors closed flung his wallet back into the train - minus his 200 euros in cash (they weren't interested in plastic).  It all happened in seconds.

'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline Ycuzz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 5, 2013, 01:57:14 pm »
Yeah, heard 'petty' crime is all over the place there..

Will do our best to stay smart and keep close.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #52 on: March 5, 2013, 02:24:36 pm »
Yeah, heard 'petty' crime is all over the place there..
My Galaxy S3 got pinched in October, coming back there was hardly a group we didnt meet who had something stole off them. That to be fair is the only draw back, apartment was fantastic and very reasonably priced, the night life blew or socks off and the football, well the football was sublime.

Here was my spec for the game, I took advice from one of the lads on here and crept into the expensive seats where there was a few empty, well worth a peak. Also check out the La Jarra bar outside the ground a great spot to sample the pre-game atmosphere and some gigantic beers.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #53 on: March 5, 2013, 09:06:52 pm »
Pickpockets will hit easy targets. Unfortunately too many people get too pissed and have no idea who they are never mind where they are.

Take money out in morning and stick everything back in hotel apart from what you need for the next half day.

Avoid the Ramblas fullstop unless you want to walk down it, so do that early. Bars are also a rip-off in the main on there.

I've been to Barcelona apprrox 30 times in 12 years and never ever had a problem. As i say if you make yourself an easy pissed up target, that is what may happen.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: March 5, 2013, 10:57:02 pm »

Also check out the La Jarra bar outside the ground a great spot to sample the pre-game atmosphere and some gigantic beers.

Glad you made it to La Jarra!

Shame about the incident with your phone. Like JH, I have never had a problem on countless trips to Barcelona, touch wood. It seems to be worse if you are in a group from all accounts.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #55 on: March 5, 2013, 11:05:58 pm »
Glad you made it to La Jarra!
Cheers for the tip, my mates were delighted as well, it made me look good!

Shame about the incident with your phone. Like JH, I have never had a problem on countless trips to Barcelona, touch wood. It seems to be worse if you are in a group from all accounts.
Yeah and if you're fucking pissed. My fault really I had the phone in the apartment all weekend and only took it to the match to take pictures (classic OOT) I promptly dropped it back after. The last night we invited people back to the apartment for a final blow out and it got stolen from my room. I had few pictures on there as well that I wouldn't seeing in the wrong hands.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: March 5, 2013, 11:09:36 pm »

Leaving for Barcelona this friday.

This might interest you then!

www.barcelonabeerfestival.com

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: March 5, 2013, 11:16:14 pm »
Yeah and if you're fucking pissed. My fault really I had the phone in the apartment all weekend and only took it to the match to take pictures (classic OOT) I promptly dropped it back after. The last night we invited people back to the apartment for a final blow out and it got stolen from my room. I had few pictures on there as well that I wouldn't seeing in the wrong hands.

Shit, and you did the right thing leaving it behind all weekend as well. Guess its easy to let your guard down in the comfort of your apartment. Lesson learned, move on.

Offline Ycuzz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: March 6, 2013, 07:24:40 am »

Good advice, thanks.

Sorry 'bout your phone Kerry, just got meself an S3 meself, so hopefully they're stocked up  :odd

This might interest you then!

www.barcelonabeerfestival.com

And you sir. I will drink in yer honor! Thanks.

@Yvanicuzz

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2013, 01:53:59 am »
Just back from there yesterday. I was there on a stag last year but saw a different side this time so I'm going to move there in a few weeks. Bit worried about the language barrier but my mates who live there know the lingo and I wouldn't consider them overly intelligent so maybe I'll have a chance. Probably should have had a look on here before leaving as it looks like there was a few good suggestions. I guess I can have a look at those places when I go back over so it's all good. :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 01:56:00 am by MBL? »

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2013, 09:46:15 pm »
It is a brilliant place. Was there and in Valencia at Easter, back in September for La Merce (you'll enjoy that and the other festivals) and back there late November.

Offline mabbympb

• Branded he was a man who ran!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2013, 09:59:30 am »
Stayed away from the ramblas last time i went, spent most of my time wandering the alleys and streets of el born. Id recommend anyone to spend 3 days doing that.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2013, 10:50:31 am »
I'm off to barcelona on my stag next weekend, hoping to use some of the tapas bars recommendations in here. Although, that might be out of my hands.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2013, 01:04:24 am »
I'm off to barcelona on my stag next weekend, hoping to use some of the tapas bars recommendations in here. Although, that might be out of my hands.

Rincon del Cava is quality, check that out, cheap and they take a picture of you too!

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2013, 01:18:51 am »
Booked my one way today. I hope to be an asset to this thread in the future. Chances are though I'll be as useless as ever.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2013, 12:45:36 pm »
Booked my one way today. I hope to be an asset to this thread in the future. Chances are though I'll be as useless as ever.
Best of luck buddy, happy that you managed to get out of Letterkenny, I don't think you were enjoying it.

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2013, 11:09:36 pm »
Best of luck buddy, happy that you managed to get out of Letterkenny, I don't think you were enjoying it.
Cheers man. The LK is not as bad as I make out. I'm just stuck in a rut and need a change for my sanity if you know what I mean.

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 1, 2013, 02:44:45 pm »
Has anyone got any great websites for apartments in Barcelona? Going in June and we still haven't sorted anything out yet.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 1, 2013, 03:01:44 pm »
Has anyone got any great websites for apartments in Barcelona? Going in June and we still haven't sorted anything out yet.

we stayed in decent apartments just off las ramblas near the boqueria market last weekend and booked it through www.lovingapartments.com/barcelona

it was very handy seeing as there was 24 of us and we were able to book 8 apartments in the same building. think it worked out around £120 each for 3 nights. seems they have loads of options in barcelona.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #69 on: May 1, 2013, 03:33:48 pm »
I stayed here http://www.apartmentsramblas.com/en/barcelona/RAMBLAS2MIN_5167

Right in the middle of Las Ramblas, really cool apartment and for nothing compared to other major cities.

Online Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2013, 01:21:57 pm »
I'm going to Barcelona in a couple of weeks, hoping to go to the game against Sevilla. I'm coming across the same problem others seemed to have, finding tickets next to each other. What did people do? Could you get tickets next to each other nearer the fixture? Cheers.

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2013, 04:02:58 pm »
From memory numbers didnt follow in numerical order. If you are still there  weekend if the 21/22 big festival on.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2013, 05:16:53 pm »
I'm going to Barcelona in a couple of weeks, hoping to go to the game against Sevilla. I'm coming across the same problem others seemed to have, finding tickets next to each other. What did people do? Could you get tickets next to each other nearer the fixture? Cheers.
We bought four tickets at the ground and they were next to each other.

Online Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2013, 10:54:07 pm »
Cheers. I'm not unfortunately, leaving for Valencia on the Wednesday.

Thanks, did they have a selection left?

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2013, 10:52:27 pm »
Cheers. I'm not unfortunately, leaving for Valencia on the Wednesday.

Thanks, did they have a selection left?
It was against Zaragoza so they had quite a few, the ticket system is tiered so you should be able to keep yourself out of the nose bleeds.

Online Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2013, 10:20:52 am »
Okay, thanks again. Hopefully will be able to get good seats for this.

Online Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2013, 09:44:53 am »
Got to the seville game okay, managed to get tickets from the landlord of the hotel in a good spot. Had someone try to pinch my phone then as well. Then got my wallet stolen last night. Noticed straight away but he must of passed.it off to his mate and didn't think to check him as well. Its a beautiful city especially the Gaudi cathedral but the crime is just horrendous.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2013, 03:09:34 pm »
Just back from Barcelona last night - great time! And great game v Sevilla. Wasn't impressed with the outside of Camp Nou but inside... wow.

Sorry to hear about the theft, Komic... We we were very aware of the reputation but managed to escape without incident. Some terrible stories.

Tickets were no problem, the longer you wait the more become available. We bought ours the day before and there were 1000s left.

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2013, 06:17:51 pm »
Off there on Friday, again. Never ever had any issues and been loads of times. Big festival starts on Friday as well.

Offline mabbympb

• Branded he was a man who ran!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2013, 08:19:53 am »
Im off there in the morning again, i was wondering if anybody had been an Espanyol game before? They play ahtletico on Saturday night 10pm local time ko. Any advice on getting tickets from the ground? Do you get line 5 and then line 8 on the metro/tram system to get to the ground?