Author Topic: Suso  (Read 85963 times)

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Suso
« Reply #200 on: December 25, 2016, 11:41:47 pm »
He had to compete with Sterling for a place, and there was only going to be one winner. We made the right decision then and right decision to move him on. He wouldn't make the bench here.
[/b]

Well thats pretty laughable to think.

Offline SquirrelandGman

• 24 Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shagging a sheep somewhere.
« Reply #201 on: December 26, 2016, 08:53:27 am »
Happy for him. Just not meant to be.

Im just glad he's not a Pacheco or le tallec. I think we should hope all our young ex players go on to have successful in the top flight.
Imagine starting out at Liverpool and ending up in some obscure league.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: December 26, 2016, 12:37:41 pm »
[/b]

Well thats pretty laughable to think.

Not really. You saying you'd prefer him to be on our bench ahead of sturridge or origi? Or lallana/wijnaldum, who'd also play his position. If so, that's the laughable shout

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: December 26, 2016, 01:27:50 pm »
Not really. You saying you'd prefer him to be on our bench ahead of sturridge or origi? Or lallana/wijnaldum, who'd also play his position. If so, that's the laughable shout

Do i have to reply this, we've had Woodburn and Ejaria on our bench for the last 4-5 games, and yet one of the most in form players in Serie A who has been Motm both times against one of the best defences in Europe(Juventus), won't make the Liverpool bench, yes your comment is laughable to say the least.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: December 26, 2016, 05:19:09 pm »
We don't compose our squad to feature 5 or 6 senior players for each position. You cherry picking the substitutes benches when coutinho sturridge can and ings aren't available doesn't in any way prove your point.

If he was at Liverpool right now, he'd be playing fewer games a season than Allen did last season. Allen left so he could play more regularly, which has given him the platform to perform more consistently well. If Suso was still here, he would have at best featured against Leeds and Burton Albion. And we've seen he (like most players) isn't very good when he's in and out of the team.

So yes, clearly he's better than Woodburn. But it's obvious why that's a silly comparison. You really think Suso would have been on our bench the first day of the season against Arsenal? I don't. Your suggestion would see him playing a Tiago illori role over the season
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 05:21:26 pm by Classycara »

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: December 26, 2016, 05:26:34 pm »
Well thats the reality of our team right now, , Woodburn and Ejaria have made our bench in the last few appearances so its pretty laughable to think Suso wouldn't, simple. Also funny that you mention Ings as if he's done much more than Suso so far in his career.

And going back to the first game of the season, Grujic Stewart and Alexander Arnold all made the bench mate.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: December 26, 2016, 05:33:52 pm »
Well thats the reality of our team right now, , Woodburn and Ejaria have made our bench in the last few appearances so its pretty laughable to think Suso wouldn't, simple. Also funny that you mention Ings as if he's done much more than Suso so far in his career.

And going back to the first game of the season, Grujic Stewart and Alexander Arnold all made the bench mate.

I maintain that it's laughable you think he'd be better on the right for us than all but one of mane origi sturridge wijnaldum and lallana. And lallana's lack of pace is one of the contributing factors to him moving back into midfield. Most people would rather lallana plays deeper now. But he's quicker, has more stamina, is stronger and scores more goals than Suso. He is nothing like a klopp player

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: December 26, 2016, 05:40:22 pm »
I maintain that it's laughable you think he'd be better on the right for us than all but one of mane origi sturridge wijnaldum and lallana. And lallana's lack of pace is one of the contributing factors to him moving back into midfield. Most people would rather lallana plays deeper now. But he's quicker, has more stamina, is stronger and scores more goals than Suso. He is nothing like a klopp player

Its laughable because you don't pay attention. You've either clearly not kept up with the lad's progress or do not rate him which has lead to you spouting ill informed opinions.

Suso: No player has won possession in the attacking third more times in Serie A this season than @suso30oficial (18)

Suso: Has had a direct hand in 8 of Milan’s last 11 goals in all competitions (4 goals, 4 assists) #SupercoppaTim #JuveMilan

I wouldn't say he's an ideal Klopp attacker, doesn't really have the pace, but with the above combined with his assists and dribbling he is more than good enough to make it on the bench, more than good enough. If you want to compare Lallans or Wijinaldums best seasons in one of the top leagues as a wide forward then go ahead, i don't think he would look to unfavourable.

Yes Origi is a striker, so is Sturridge, and neither Wijinaldum or Lallana are attackers, leaving him to compete with Mane who is better, and reserve players.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: December 26, 2016, 05:46:29 pm »
It's a reflection on serie a, and on the times I've seen him play. He wouldn't be doing that well here. It's patently obvious.

Do you think he'd be able to perform like he did against juve for a klopp team? Or be able to be effective doing that in the premier league? I don't. And for that reason I don't think he'd be kept around to start five or so cup games a season for us

I'm glad he's found a league that suits him, and that he's excelling there. I liked the way he played the game when he was here.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: January 2, 2017, 10:55:28 pm »
I think you'd have to ask Suso to play our style of football and then decide whether he is good enough or not. At Genoa and AC he's certainly applied himself very well to what he's been asked to do, playing in two different style of teams and himself playing different roles.

I for one would have liked to have seen if he could succeed for us, its not like he's some toss player who people are outrageously suggesting may have made an impact. he's a good young, level headed technician who we could well have made an error on.

Agreed physicality could prove to be an issue, but i thought that about Lallana and he's become one of our best players.
IŽll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #210 on: February 13, 2017, 09:34:17 pm »
They are drawing 1-1 at Lazio now. Nearly over but he equalized.

Neat footwork Take a look at @TransfersCalcio's Tweet: https://twitter.com/TransfersCalcio/status/831254805519728640?s=09
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #211 on: February 14, 2017, 11:16:43 am »
Against "park the bus" teams he would have done great here... excellent technique and creativity in tight spaces.
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: April 5, 2017, 06:58:46 am »
Judging by some of the comments, you'd think we were about to buy him back for Ł90 million.

Good for him he's doing well, but he wasn't going to stay to sit on the bench (he basically came out and said as much), and he played his hand. And to be fair, he made the right choice.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2017, 08:12:11 am by Bend It Like Aurelio »

Offline mascherano20

• Main Stander
« Reply #214 on: April 5, 2017, 06:27:44 pm »
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/03/23/report-tottenham-hotspur-handed-boost-in-suso-race-as-ac-milan-m/

Can't say I'm too arsed about Spurs signing him-I've seen him play quite a bit this season for Milan and while he has looked really good at times, I don't see him producing it consistently in the Prem. He's another Lamela in my opinion, looks great for a few games, then disappears for about 10!

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #215 on: April 5, 2017, 07:44:02 pm »
In case Klopp is interested do we have a buy back option?

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: June 15, 2017, 12:08:53 am »
http://www.90min.com/posts/5111742-former-liverpool-man-suso-could-be-key-in-the-reds-pursuit-of-roma-s-mohamed-salah

Former Liverpool Man Suso Could Be Key in the Reds' Pursuit of Roma's Mohamed Salah

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: August 21, 2017, 01:50:59 pm »
Goal and assist in the season opener for Milan in MOTM performance

(Borini played also)

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #219 on: August 21, 2017, 02:02:42 pm »
Goal and assist in the season opener for Milan in MOTM performance

(Borini played also)

His entire career so far summed up in three words.  ;D

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: August 21, 2017, 02:05:08 pm »
His entire career so far summed up in three words.  ;D

I can't forget the time when someone vehemently argued with me that Borini was a technically excellent player with a massive future because he scored a goal for the Italian U21s which was admittedly a nice turn and finish. But my word, Borini was average as fuck and I can't believe we paid as much as we did for him.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #221 on: August 21, 2017, 03:54:17 pm »
In case Klopp is interested do we have a buy back option?

He signed a pre-contract with Milan to join them on a bosman. We then agreed a small fee (I believe Ł1m) to allow him to move there 6 months earlier. Almost certainly has no buy back as it wouldn't be in Milan's interests to agree to it and they held all the cards as he was leaving on a bosman and we were not using him in the squad at the time.

We effectively got a million quid to not pay his wages and have him train with us for 6 months.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #222 on: August 21, 2017, 04:27:57 pm »
If only he was still here, he'd have started every game with Lallana out.

Said it since before he was even playing for Milan that we'd come to regret him leaving. Still infuriating.

Our Pogba.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: August 21, 2017, 04:49:00 pm »
Glad he's doing well.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: August 21, 2017, 05:20:37 pm »
If only he was still here, he'd have started every game with Lallana out.

Said it since before he was even playing for Milan that we'd come to regret him leaving. Still infuriating.

Our Pogba.

;D His best stuff is from the right. He's pretty average, this thread was dead second half of last season as he was so bad even you couldn't come in and praise him. Pogba's best is lightyears ahead and I dont see what we have to regret, he's a bench player here at the very best.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: August 21, 2017, 06:09:34 pm »
Yeh we really f**ked up with this one didn't we.
IŽll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #226 on: August 22, 2017, 09:25:37 am »
Yeh we really f**ked up with this one didn't we.

Why, because a player who was nowhere near being good enough for us at the time has happened to go elsewhere and do alright?

It happens, its hardly a new thing

Should have kept San Jose and Paletta too
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: August 22, 2017, 10:33:48 am »
We fucked up because in Suso and San Jose we let two brilliant players leave both of whom IMMEDIATELY proven their value at other teams.

Acknowledging a player maybe not be ready to start for us but has immense potential and should be looked after in such a manor is one thing, flogging him for Ł1m and getting him off the books ASAP was poor. Absolutely no doubt in my mind he'd be playing for us this season and Kent would already be out on loan by now.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 10:38:50 am by ggcc14 »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: August 22, 2017, 11:57:53 am »
We fucked up because in Suso and San Jose we let two brilliant players leave both of whom IMMEDIATELY proven their value at other teams.

Acknowledging a player maybe not be ready to start for us but has immense potential and should be looked after in such a manor is one thing, flogging him for Ł1m and getting him off the books ASAP was poor. Absolutely no doubt in my mind he'd be playing for us this season and Kent would already be out on loan by now.

You mean immediately, after Milan shipped him out on loan for a season? I imagine much like we would have, had he signed a new contract?

San Jose has been good, nothing more really.

Brilliant? Nah. This isn't Pogba, where he gets bombed out and then goes on to become one of the best players (not in my opinion like but you know) and then he's signed literally a few years later for a world record.

Every club has promising youngsters who end up leaving for one reason or another, it really isn't worth looking back in anger unless they really do become fantastic players. The numbers Suso is getting still wouldn't have him in the first team here and he'd still be pissed off that he wasn't getting regular starts.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: August 22, 2017, 11:59:40 am »
Yes he was immediately quality for Genoa on loan. He'd be a great option on the bench and would have me less anxious about a lack of midfield/attacking mid options we have.

San Jose again, could probably start infront of Loven.

Obviously it isn't a huge deal, end of the season we won't be going.. if only we kept Suso, but it is annoying letting good young players leave without protecting our club somehow. Understandable for small lower league teams but not a top side like us.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 12:06:24 pm by ggcc14 »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: August 22, 2017, 12:05:26 pm »
Yes he was immediately quality for Genoa on loan. He'd be a great option on the bench and would have me less anxious about a lack of midfield/attacking mid options we have.

San Jose again, could probably start infront of Loven.

Aye and Gulacsi could be a good back-up, but they wouldn't have had these opportunities if they'd stayed here anyway so its all pretty moot

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: August 22, 2017, 12:07:01 pm »
How about we send him to Genoa on loan instead of letting AC?  :wave

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: August 22, 2017, 12:32:56 pm »
How about we send him to Genoa on loan instead of letting AC?  :wave

Because he had like six months left on his contract, and wasn't signing a new contract because we couldn't give him the football he wanted....?

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #233 on: August 22, 2017, 08:14:54 pm »
Because he had like six months left on his contract, and wasn't signing a new contract because we couldn't give him the football he wanted....?

Exactly. Young players leave to get first team football that their existing clubs cannot guarantee them. In their final year or two of their contract, many are sold rather than letting them run down their contract on loan.

Some of those may come good simply because they are getting first team football they wouldn't have got with Liverpool. I remember people worrying about Tom Ince initially after a few good games. I personally hope we sell move of these kids earlier in the future with buy back clauses rather than let them run down the contracts as far as Suso, Brannagan & Dhanda have.

I imagine Chelsea will be kicking themselves over Solanke in the future instead of selling him for a small amount and buy back clause a season earlier.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: August 22, 2017, 08:16:42 pm »
Suso wouldn't get near our team even now. Not a Klopp player. He wouldn't have got the chances to get in the position he's in now anyway. Was a great move to Milan though. Helped a lot by how much of a shambles they've been in, gave him an opportunity and he grasped it with both hands it seems. Slower pace of Italian league defo helps him as well.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 08:18:23 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: August 22, 2017, 09:32:21 pm »
If you've just decided to place us in a scenario where we are 6 months away from his contract expiring nice one.. we had him for years, manage it better. Obviously 6 months away from his deal expiring isn't the time to loan him anywhere.

Dhanda can still stay right.. he better had.

edit: may aswell nip it in the bud, no point crying over spilt milk.. I wish we kept him but we will manage just fine without him.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 10:23:57 pm by ggcc14 »

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: August 22, 2017, 10:41:57 pm »
Suso wouldn't get near our team even now. Not a Klopp player. He wouldn't have got the chances to get in the position he's in now anyway. Was a great move to Milan though. Helped a lot by how much of a shambles they've been in, gave him an opportunity and he grasped it with both hands it seems. Slower pace of Italian league defo helps him as well.

Not a Klopp player, why you say that? Pressing? He's one of the better pressers in Serie A(attackers) he could easily play the Lallana role in a Klopp team imo, and while he's doing well now, the next manager who puts him in CM will have a revelation(potentially imo), still some cliches attached to him that aren't really true.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 10:43:59 pm by Coolie High »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: August 24, 2017, 11:52:34 am »
If you've just decided to place us in a scenario where we are 6 months away from his contract expiring nice one.. we had him for years, manage it better. Obviously 6 months away from his deal expiring isn't the time to loan him anywhere.

Dhanda can still stay right.. he better had.

edit: may aswell nip it in the bud, no point crying over spilt milk.. I wish we kept him but we will manage just fine without him.

Well yeah but he was in that scenario because he wouldn't sign a new contract because we couldn't give him much football, pretty much. We had, and have, better players in his position.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: August 25, 2017, 12:00:05 pm »
Suso is called up for Spain's WC qualifiers. Happy for the kid and wish we didn't fuck this up badly.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: August 25, 2017, 02:00:20 pm »
I'm a big Suso fan but think the move was best for him