Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 338486 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #2000 on: April 28, 2018, 06:50:26 pm »
If we strengthen up top in the summer, he’s done

I expect we will get a forward or two in mate. Think Ings, Origi and Sturridge are all gone this summer.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2001 on: April 28, 2018, 06:53:15 pm »
Was saying to me dad before who absolutely loves ings, end of the day his role in the squad right now is to be the back up for bobby/salah/mane. And he will never been their quality.

And that is the problem. We need a guy in there to be that quality player and the next one down form that should be the youth trying to make their trade.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2002 on: April 28, 2018, 06:55:05 pm »

It will take him a run of 15-10 games to get his rhythm back, he still has a great nose for scoring and deserves a bit of luck- I like him but perhaps his best position is in the Firmino role
he hasn't got the required quality to get those 15 games in a stetch though. We need someone who can come in and be as good as mane , bobby etc so we don't suffer a loss of equality

For me he is simply taking the role a youth should be taking

Lovely lad and I hope for the best, just don't us see winning the title with a player like him as second choice and competing for positions.

The league compare to a cup competition like the champions league is different
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 06:56:37 pm by stevensr123 »

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2003 on: April 28, 2018, 06:57:11 pm »
He is premiership mid level. Like to see him somewhere like Newcastle doing well

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2004 on: April 28, 2018, 07:01:02 pm »
He is premiership mid level. Like to see him somewhere like Newcastle doing well
for me it has been obvious, but we have rightfully done the good thing and helped him regain his fitness.he has been fit for a while now,klopp would have been starting him a lot more if he thought he was good enough.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2005 on: April 28, 2018, 07:26:08 pm »
He plays well in a partnership but not an attacking 3.

He's 1 year left I think and if Brewster is being promoted he's going to have limited time next year.

Like Sturridge and Origi I think he's strengths are in a front 2 not 3 attackers.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2006 on: April 28, 2018, 07:28:29 pm »
Lovely lovely lovely lovely lad though
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2007 on: April 28, 2018, 07:28:46 pm »
Yeah I think Solanke should be getting his minutes. Ings is a known quantity - Solanke has his critics and has looked raw, but he can't do much worse than Ings today and it'll give us a better idea of where he is.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2008 on: April 28, 2018, 07:29:11 pm »
for me it has been obvious, but we have rightfully done the good thing and helped him regain his fitness.he has been fit for a while now,klopp would have been starting him a lot more if he thought he was good enough.

Ahead of who?

As much as I like Ings, he probably is one that could be moved on this summer.  I don't believe that he has nothing to offer us, but Solanke and Brewster should be our future so I'd be all for giving them more opportunities next season ahead of players like Ings and Origi.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2009 on: April 28, 2018, 07:30:43 pm »

Exactly. Solanke should have started today.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2010 on: April 28, 2018, 07:31:07 pm »
Lovely lovely lovely lovely lad though

:D
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2011 on: April 28, 2018, 07:45:33 pm »
Ahead of who?

As much as I like Ings, he probably is one that could be moved on this summer.  I don't believe that he has nothing to offer us, but Solanke and Brewster should be our future so I'd be all for giving them more opportunities next season ahead of players like Ings and Origi.
Instead of bobby at times. But he isnt because he isn't anywhere close to bobby. Therefore we need someone who can compete and replace bobby without the massive drop down in quality and then have the third option as a youth player.

Ings is a second choice player but in reality had the quality of a third or fourth choice

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2012 on: April 28, 2018, 08:12:42 pm »
Instead of bobby at times. But he isnt because he isn't anywhere close to bobby. Therefore we need someone who can compete and replace bobby without the massive drop down in quality and then have the third option as a youth player.

Ings is a second choice player but in reality had the quality of a third or fourth choice

There isn't another forward like Firmino anywhere, someone who does the defensive work he does from the front and tracking back, and with the end product to match.

The best you're going to get is cover, or a young player who might be coached to function in the way that Firmino does; even then, he's pretty unique so there is always going to be a drop off somewhere.

I'm not arguing in favour of Ings in that respect, his attitude and work ethic are beyond question but he probably does lack the individual qualities needed to deputise should Firmino be injured or suspended for the more than the odd game every now and then. 

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #2013 on: April 28, 2018, 08:14:23 pm »
Klopp took him off today when he's a striker, we have no strikers on the bench and we're desperate for a goal. Says it all!

Nowhere near good enough
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2014 on: April 28, 2018, 08:15:27 pm »
Looked out of his depth and to be fair, bar that game against West Brom in the cup where he came on and was a bit lively, has looked out of his depth everytime he has played for us this season.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2015 on: April 28, 2018, 08:17:47 pm »
Looked out of his depth and to be fair, bar that game against West Brom in the cup where he came on and was a bit lively, has looked out of his depth everytime he has played for us this season.

And.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2016 on: April 28, 2018, 08:18:03 pm »
There isn't another forward like Firmino anywhere, someone who does the defensive work he does from the front and tracking back, and with the end product to match.

The best you're going to get is cover, or a young player who might be coached to function in the way that Firmino does; even then, he's pretty unique so there is always going to be a drop off somewhere.

I'm not arguing in favour of Ings in that respect, his attitude and work ethic are beyond question but he probably does lack the individual qualities needed to deputise should Firmino be injured or suspended for the more than the odd game every now and then. 
bit saying a like for like bobby, just someone who can play in the front three and can compete with goals and performances.

I don't think he could ever do that. He was originally bought As a punt, we have done the correct thing and stood by him through the injuries, but if we are going the places I think we are going, he isn't the quality we need

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2017 on: April 28, 2018, 08:24:06 pm »

No he hasn't.

He didn't look out of his depth last week.  Nor did he look out of his depth coming off the bench against Watford.

In comparison to our other forwards, he's a bit limited.  But he's not out of his depth, just not as good as any of the three players ahead of him.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #2018 on: April 28, 2018, 08:26:50 pm »
We currently have the best attack in the world, most players would look poor when trying to fill one of those gaps. That said, we can do better.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2019 on: April 28, 2018, 08:45:27 pm »
No he hasn't.

He didn't look out of his depth last week.  Nor did he look out of his depth coming off the bench against Watford.

In comparison to our other forwards, he's a bit limited.  But he's not out of his depth, just not as good as any of the three players ahead of him.

Well he needs to be close to our front 3 to justify a spot on our bench. If we were going for the league we would have to probably sacrifice one tournament because when he comes in the level just drops massively.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2020 on: April 28, 2018, 08:46:38 pm »
No he hasn't.

the point of a good squad is having players competing against each other, pushing each other and the "second choices" not being that much different from the first.

Ings is no way near competing. If bobby was injuried during the season, we would have been completely fucked. Maybe if phill was here we could have changed the formation around a bit. But right now it's mane/salah/bobby and Danny fucking ings is the back up for all of them.

The guy who is "back up" should be starting every other week and competing. Ings simply isn't good enough for that role. He is taking the role of a youth, but we don't have that other player yet to take the the real competitive role needed

You can get away with it for cup comps, but if we have any ambition to win the league , we need quality players in each position (unless we sacrifice all comps for the league )
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 08:48:27 pm by stevensr123 »

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2021 on: April 28, 2018, 09:01:17 pm »
Well he needs to be close to our front 3 to justify a spot on our bench. If we were going for the league we would have to probably sacrifice one tournament because when he comes in the level just drops massively.

And we'll address that ahead of next season.

the point of a good squad is having players competing against each other, pushing each other and the "second choices" not being that much different from the first.

In theory, perhaps.  When you have the best front three in football, it becomes a bit more difficult to do that.

We need to sign a better attacking player than we have now, probably at the expense of Danny Ings - I don't think anyone would dispute that.

Offline bidgeir

• Nobody knows until all of a sudden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2022 on: April 28, 2018, 09:50:47 pm »
Sad to see people have a go at Danny. He’s a good player coming back from a long injury who fights fór the shirt. Yes he is not as good as any of our front three but we will struggle to find anyone near their quality to sit on the bench. Solanke and the other youth players are simply not as good as he is. I think we can probably get a better player this summer but it’s not certain and I think we should keep Danny unless we get two better players

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2023 on: April 28, 2018, 09:51:59 pm »
Sad to see people have a go at Danny. He’s a good player coming back from a long injury who fights fór the shirt. Yes he is not as good as any of our front three but we will struggle to find anyone near their quality to sit on the bench. Solanke and the other youth players are simply not as good as he is. I think we can probably get a better player this summer but it’s not certain and I think we should keep Danny unless we get two better players

It will be a failure of the club if we cannot get a better attacker than Danny Ings.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2024 on: April 28, 2018, 09:53:23 pm »
Solanke and the other youth players are simply not as good as he is.

Yet!

They may become better, they may not. But they have youth on their side and haven't had the injuries they've had. No time for being sentimental in top level football.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2025 on: April 28, 2018, 10:03:06 pm »
Honestly, he was just a fraction offside, had the goal stood (and it was a decent finish), we wouldn't be talking about him being done here, we'd be happy he was 2 in 2. Having said that, don't think playing wide suits him.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2026 on: April 28, 2018, 10:09:40 pm »
Honestly, he was just a fraction offside, had the goal stood (and it was a decent finish), we wouldn't be talking about him being done here, we'd be happy he was 2 in 2. Having said that, don't think playing wide suits him.
problem is in our system we need and want players who are flexible.  Bobby/salah/mane have all played in different positions through out matches and throughout the system. We need another guy who can do that . If ings doesn't have that in him, don't be surprised he is binned

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2027 on: April 28, 2018, 10:20:14 pm »
problem is in our system we need and want players who are flexible.  Bobby/salah/mane have all played in different positions through out matches and throughout the system. We need another guy who can do that . If ings doesn't have that in him, don't be surprised he is binned
Good point, what we need is not a traditional striker. I totally forgot we had Sturridge by the way. Considering him, Origi, Ings gone, we need to get 2 attacking options.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #2028 on: April 28, 2018, 10:24:35 pm »
Lovely lad,

Zero luck

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #2029 on: April 28, 2018, 10:33:58 pm »
Lovely strike today. Too bad he was a head offside.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2030 on: April 28, 2018, 10:34:52 pm »
I hate talking down his ability as a footballer because my god, I am absolutely desperate for him to do well, but if he's here next season I think he can consider himself fortunate. I just don't think he has 'it' at this level anymore, he's not the first and certainly won't be the last. Clearly a top bloke, but also a player that is one of the easier players to upgrade in our squad.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #2031 on: April 28, 2018, 10:58:57 pm »
It's funny, before the season I thought we had pretty good depth in the attack. In reality, Sturridge was done, Oxlade was a midfielder and Lallana never got fit. Meanwhile, the starting three turned out to be amazing. So now we have Ings and Solanke, who were supposed to be be fith options or something like that, trying to fill these massive shoes.

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2032 on: April 28, 2018, 10:59:35 pm »
I hate talking down his ability as a footballer because my god, I am absolutely desperate for him to do well, but if he's here next season I think he can consider himself fortunate. I just don't think he has 'it' at this level anymore, he's not the first and certainly won't be the last. Clearly a top bloke, but also a player that is one of the easier players to upgrade in our squad.
I don't think it's talking down his ability as a footballer to say he isn't good enough for us. When we signed him he was an upgrade on Lambert, Borini and Balotelli (and on a free so worth a punt) for a team in the Europa League. We've clearly gone up a level since then, and his bad luck with injuries mean he hasn't stepped up with us. It's unfortunate but it happens, it doesn't mean he's a bad player.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2033 on: April 28, 2018, 11:00:40 pm »
The question for me is that if he was playing for someone else would you want us to sign him ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2034 on: April 28, 2018, 11:01:37 pm »
Hate to say it but Ings doesn't really fit into Klopp's system, nor his quality is up to our standard. We have to do something with that really.
Believer

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2035 on: April 28, 2018, 11:02:27 pm »
The question for me is that if he was playing for someone else would you want us to sign him ?

Not sure about that. Lots of rivals fans would hate to sign many of our players, even the good ones.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #2036 on: April 28, 2018, 11:05:33 pm »
If Ings is here next season I don't think he'll play much. He is a good player, but maybe not for LFC. We need something a little different. More of a playmaker, since our current front three are all playmakers in their own right.

That said, Danny gives everything for the shirt and his peers, so I won't be surprised if the club is benevolent about agreeing the right move for him. We did the same with Lucas last season, and Danny's situation seems similar.   
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 11:13:07 pm by wemmick »

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #2037 on: April 28, 2018, 11:07:40 pm »
No

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2038 on: April 28, 2018, 11:43:24 pm »

That said, Danny gives everything for the shirt and his peers, so I won't be surprised if the club is benevolent about agreeing the right move for him. We did the same with Lucas last season, and Danny's situation seems similar.

Let me get this straight. This is Lucas Leiva who played 247 games over 10 years for Liverpool compared with Danny Ings who has played 15 games for Liverpool. Very similar situations as far as I can see ::)

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #2039 on: April 29, 2018, 12:03:07 am »
Let me get this straight. This is Lucas Leiva who played 247 games over 10 years for Liverpool compared with Danny Ings who has played 15 games for Liverpool. Very similar situations as far as I can see ::)

Sure. Lucas wasn't a cult hero among the supporters because he played 247 games for us, and the club didn't keep him around for that long, and then make a good deal with Lazio, because he could play less than 25 games a season on average. The club and supporters valued him for his intangibles mostly. For the attitude, effort, professionalism, and spirit he brought to the club and his peers. We're doing the same with Danny, are we not?