Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 339616 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #1920 on: March 19, 2018, 10:38:35 pm »
Good attitude, top work rate and clever movement. We used to say the exact same about Fabio Borini.

At one stage Borini was our 2nd choice striker and had 25 games and scored 2. Ings played 10 and also scored 2.

Let's see what happens at the end of the season.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1921 on: March 19, 2018, 10:39:33 pm »
Good attitude, top work rate and clever movement. We used to say the exact same about Fabio Borini.

Ings is a better player than Borini.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1922 on: March 19, 2018, 10:44:47 pm »
There isn't much in it to be honest. Think people are going a little overboard because of the tough time he's been through and the fact he's a likeable lad. I hope he gets his career back on track but I think he'll be gone next season if we can bring in another player for the front 3.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1923 on: March 19, 2018, 10:56:00 pm »
Love his attitude and workrate and really want him to do well but as yet i'm not convinced at all by his finishing

I'd prefer to keep Origi if its a choice between the 2

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #1924 on: March 19, 2018, 11:22:24 pm »
Not being a dick

You sure?

Given that he is well down the pecking order, having someone with that work ethic and as much experience as he has in that position is fine. He is a useful squad member. He is not in the first XI, but today s determined to push for that place. Replacing him is far from our top transfer priority.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1925 on: March 20, 2018, 10:55:09 am »
You sure?

Given that he is well down the pecking order, having someone with that work ethic and as much experience as he has in that position is fine. He is a useful squad member. He is not in the first XI, but today s determined to push for that place. Replacing him is far from our top transfer priority.
thats a good summary

i was having a pint with my brother watching the game, we were dying for him to score.

he made a good point that if we got someone else in there they would probably kick off they aren't getting first team football but he kind of knows his role and is a decent back up.

he is definitely ahead of solanke at the minute in my opinion
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #1926 on: March 20, 2018, 01:49:47 pm »
I think it's hard to judge Danny at the moment, without him getting extended runs in the team.  Someone mentioned where do you swap from considering him unlucky to wasteful in front of goal.

He's made 4 appearances (albeit minor minutes) this season, has 4 shots and 0 goals.
https://www.premierleague.com/players/8245/Danny-Ings/stats?co=1&se=79

Would we class Mo Salah as wasteful in front of goal?
He's had 30 appearances, 118 shots and 28 goals.  He averages just over 4 shots per goal.
https://www.premierleague.com/players/5178/Mohamed-Salah/stats?co=1&se=79

I think his work rate is obvious for everyone to see and the fact that in his minor appearances he has, like Salah has, put himself in positions to have chances to score.  If Mo had as many minutes as Danny I don't think we would appreciate how special Mo is.

I like Danny because of how hard he seems to work and like Lucas seems professional, head down and working hard to get his opportunities in the team.  I'd like to see him get more time on the pitch rather than these 2 minute cameos so he can show us what he's made of, good or bad.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1927 on: March 20, 2018, 01:51:24 pm »
I think it's hard to judge Danny at the moment, without him getting extended runs in the team. 

Not going to happen without an injury to one of the front three.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #1928 on: March 20, 2018, 01:54:30 pm »
Indeed, but his cameo's could be longer especially when we have a good lead and are controlling the game.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #1929 on: March 20, 2018, 11:45:54 pm »
Wonder if he'll get a game with the U23's tomorrow at Boro what with Solanke away with the England U21'S?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1930 on: March 21, 2018, 10:21:14 am »
Wonder if he'll get a game with the U23's tomorrow at Boro what with Solanke away with the England U21'S?
no harm to keep him somewhat sharp
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1931 on: March 23, 2018, 02:50:37 pm »

I think you need squad members who are comfortable being used as the replacement options for the team Danny is that and seems to be happy at the club so what is the weird idea of him moving on.

So Club happy, Danny happy, Klopp happy, most Fans happy, what's the problem?

I think people want to create a drama that frankly isnt happening especially during boring international breaks.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1932 on: March 26, 2018, 06:41:24 pm »
I think you need squad members who are comfortable being used as the replacement options for the team Danny is that and seems to be happy at the club so what is the weird idea of him moving on.

So Club happy, Danny happy, Klopp happy, most Fans happy, what's the problem?

I think people want to create a drama that frankly isnt happening especially during boring international breaks.

Agree. He came here to fight for a place in a squad of top players. If he wanted comfort, he would have stayed where he was. I’m looking forward to seeing how much he has absorbed from Klopp sitting on the sidelines once he gets some proper match time. His last cameo was promising.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #1933 on: April 6, 2018, 10:55:35 pm »
Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Come on Danny lad, make 'em suffer like you did last time.  :wave

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1934 on: April 6, 2018, 11:04:43 pm »
I remember more about Ings playing for Burnley than for us. At that time I thought Ings game resembled a lot about Defoe. Wonder if anyone agree.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1935 on: April 6, 2018, 11:16:23 pm »
Dreaming of a Danny Ings goal tonight, imagine how massive that would be for him and all involved.

And when he gets one, let's get Dom involved  :)
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1936 on: April 7, 2018, 12:49:20 am »
Score a hat-trick INgsy!

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #1937 on: April 7, 2018, 01:23:35 am »
Ingsy to get his first goal of the season and I have a feeling it could be the winner  ;)
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1938 on: April 7, 2018, 01:24:37 am »
If he scores, I think I just might crack one out.
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1939 on: April 7, 2018, 07:28:54 am »
did he score the winner for us under rodgers vs everton once?

he looks pretty good when given a chance so far. Not worried. I think if we do create chances he will definitely be on the scoresheet.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1940 on: April 7, 2018, 07:31:04 am »
What I like about Ings as a squad player for us is that he's a pressing demon, has a willingness to drift deeper and wider, and can do a job anywhere in the front three. Given that Firmino is basically nailed on to start the vast majority of games, it's incredibly useful to have a back up option that we don't have to change the system for. This was a big problem for Origi. Coming in for Sturridge, he could just slot in to the same tactical set-up and excel. Coming in for Firmino and the whole team has to adapt. That wouldn't be so much the case with Ings, and is also an advantage with Solanke who, while not the positional drifter Ings and Firmino are, does seem to like dropping off rather than playing on the shoulder. It makes it a lot easier if Klopp and the team have to tweak tactics rather than change them completely.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #1941 on: April 7, 2018, 07:39:55 am »
did he score the winner for us under rodgers vs everton once?

he looks pretty good when given a chance so far. Not worried. I think if we do create chances he will definitely be on the scoresheet.

He scored at Goodison but it wasn't a winner. In the 1-1 draw, Rodgers last game. Then got injured in Klopp's first training session.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1942 on: April 8, 2018, 06:38:31 am »
What I like about Ings as a squad player for us is that he's a pressing demon, has a willingness to drift deeper and wider, and can do a job anywhere in the front three. Given that Firmino is basically nailed on to start the vast majority of games, it's incredibly useful to have a back up option that we don't have to change the system for. This was a big problem for Origi. Coming in for Sturridge, he could just slot in to the same tactical set-up and excel. Coming in for Firmino and the whole team has to adapt. That wouldn't be so much the case with Ings, and is also an advantage with Solanke who, while not the positional drifter Ings and Firmino are, does seem to like dropping off rather than playing on the shoulder. It makes it a lot easier if Klopp and the team have to tweak tactics rather than change them completely.

Between Ings, Origi, Solanke and Brewster coming through, I'd have to say I favour the younger two lads to develop into the role.

Was never convinced by Origi. At times had the odd good touch, but there are lots of players like that. Always one of those players with good technical skill but just nothing upstairs. Totally the opposite with Ings. Excellent attitude, professionalism and game intelligence but just doesn't quite have the physical attributes or technical skill to really pull things off. Could also be that he just needs to be playing week in week out to become confident in his durability again, but thats not going to happen at LFC. Solanke and Brewster are both young lads who need time to develop and the healthy injection of playing time and opportunities. Always very difficult for a young striker to break through at a big club. Many sides only play with 1 'striker' and play with more complete forwards or converted wingers.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1943 on: April 8, 2018, 07:11:19 am »
We have to give Ings more time. He is a great backup player to have. He is a proven goalscorer in the premier league (when he scored loads for burnley)
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1944 on: April 9, 2018, 09:36:32 am »
Between Ings, Origi, Solanke and Brewster coming through, I'd have to say I favour the younger two lads to develop into the role.

Was never convinced by Origi. At times had the odd good touch, but there are lots of players like that. Always one of those players with good technical skill but just nothing upstairs. Totally the opposite with Ings. Excellent attitude, professionalism and game intelligence but just doesn't quite have the physical attributes or technical skill to really pull things off. Could also be that he just needs to be playing week in week out to become confident in his durability again, but thats not going to happen at LFC. Solanke and Brewster are both young lads who need time to develop and the healthy injection of playing time and opportunities. Always very difficult for a young striker to break through at a big club. Many sides only play with 1 'striker' and play with more complete forwards or converted wingers.

Solanke has to start scoring some goals and take his chances though. He is young and we have to be patient yes but at the same time he finds himself in scoring positions but keeps missing unfortunately. I have a feeling if he scored his early chance against Everton, he would have scored a goal or two more.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1945 on: April 9, 2018, 09:55:12 am »
Solanke has to start scoring some goals and take his chances though. He is young and we have to be patient yes but at the same time he finds himself in scoring positions but keeps missing unfortunately. I have a feeling if he scored his early chance against Everton, he would have scored a goal or two more.

I'd be more concerned about his awful touch than his poor finishing at this stage. The latter is a skill but it is also something which can improve with confidence, maturity and general variance. The former is harder to coach I think.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1946 on: April 9, 2018, 10:22:58 am »

I think we're better off keeping the Ings type around, not necessarily Ings but a 'proven' (scored a lot in the PL) and older player so happy to play back-up (i've just seen Ings is 25, I thought he was about 40).  I've no idea which player fits that bill, we've seen our rivals do something similar to varying degrees of success with Giroud/Llorente/Zlatan, I think Welbeck at Arsenal, ignoring his injuries, is the sort of fit we'd want.

Solanke needs to be playing regularly and I think in his 18? or so appearances its apparent he's too raw to contribute to a team chasing titles/CLs. The drop off in quality is just a bit too big at the moment and we've been very fortunate to have the front 3 fit basically all season. Get him out on loan and playing week in week out then this time next year see where his development is at.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2018, 10:26:51 am by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1947 on: April 21, 2018, 12:34:59 pm »
Get in. Well deserved
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1948 on: April 22, 2018, 05:06:03 pm »
Get in. Well deserved

Made up for him! Here's for many more  :wave
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1949 on: April 23, 2018, 05:20:45 pm »
Ahmed Hegazi: West Brom defender will not be charged over Danny Ings clash
 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43871334
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline devilfysh

• Main Stander
« Reply #1950 on: April 23, 2018, 05:22:43 pm »
Ahmed Hegazi: West Brom defender will not be charged over Danny Ings clash
 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43871334

just seen on ssn, that is fucking unreal.  Doesn't get any more blatant than that.  Wonder which c*nt of a ref doesn't view that as a red card

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1951 on: April 23, 2018, 05:25:15 pm »
Absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1952 on: April 23, 2018, 05:26:15 pm »
Not sure how he gets away with that!

Unless ref says he’s seen it and didn’t warrant anything but surely not

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1953 on: April 23, 2018, 05:28:22 pm »
Unless ref says he’s seen it and didn’t warrant anything but surely not

"Referee Stuart Atwell did not see the incident, so it was referred to an independent panel of three referees.

But they were not unanimous in the view it was a red-card offence."

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1954 on: April 23, 2018, 05:29:03 pm »
"Referee Stuart Atwell did not see the incident, so it was referred to an independent panel of three referees.

But they were not unanimous in the view it was a red-card offence."

Should all be sacked then!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1955 on: April 23, 2018, 05:30:33 pm »
So punching a player when he's down is acceptable now? Scandalous decision but barely surprising.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1956 on: April 23, 2018, 05:55:36 pm »
Starting to think they've got some serious beef with Klopp these pricks who officiate the English game. It's just staggering some of the decisions that have gone against us this season. And this latest one just takes the piss. How on Gods green earth is punching someone in the stomach NOT a red card? I mean, just imagine if Luis Suarez had done that to someone when he played for us.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1957 on: April 23, 2018, 05:58:58 pm »
I can only assume they've considered the fact it wasn't too hard and didn't injure the player, because it's as clear as day he punches him. Unquestionably so for anyone who isn't blind or bent.

However, why should these be considerations? Does that mean any knee high tackle should be fine as long as the player isn't stretchered off with a broken leg, or an elbow to the head is OK unless it breaks their nose?

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1958 on: April 23, 2018, 06:02:01 pm »
Time to do away with these shit three man panels when that's not worth a ban and Kane is awarded a goal he didn't touch on his own testimony. They're a laughing stock
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1959 on: April 23, 2018, 06:04:05 pm »
I can only assume they've considered the fact it wasn't too hard and didn't injure the player, because it's as clear as day he punches him. Unquestionably so for anyone who isn't blind or bent.

However, why should these be considerations? Does that mean any knee high tackle should be fine as long as the player isn't stretchered off with a broken leg, or an elbow to the head is OK unless it breaks their nose?

That is the dangerous situation it sets. A punch is a punch whether it's hard or not, it shouldn't be acceptable regardless, it is basically cowardice. By not stamping down on it, they are virtually condoning the act. Crazy decision. 
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"