Author Topic: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]  (Read 600582 times)

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]
« Reply #3480 on: September 20, 2019, 11:38:34 pm »
Your Thai in Old Swan does fantastic food. Very well priced as well.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Demo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3481 on: September 21, 2019, 08:26:46 am »
I've booked "Nellies" in Scarisbrick,it was the old Blue Elephant but is now under new ownership and getting good reviews.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3482 on: September 22, 2019, 10:38:42 am »
Tiger Rock on North John Street. (Also, previously Chili Pot)

Been there several times now over the last twelve months, each time ordering an entirely different set of dishes from the menu.

Not had a bad dish yet. In fact. Everything has been pretty great.

Had another outstanding meal(s) again yesterday.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3483 on: September 22, 2019, 10:55:14 am »
Finally got to Mowgli last night after seeing it mentioned on pretty much every page in this thread!

Was absolutely brilliant, will be going back as soon as I can. Those angry bird thighs are something else, delicious.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3484 on: September 22, 2019, 02:37:34 pm »
Finally got to Mowgli last night after seeing it mentioned on pretty much every page in this thread!

Was absolutely brilliant, will be going back as soon as I can. Those angry bird thighs are something else, delicious.

It's my favourite restaurant for sure. Only go for special occasions though as feel it's slightly on the expensive side for some of the dishes. The Bunny Chow is top for me - usually get that, some saag paneer and the chip butties.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #3485 on: September 23, 2019, 02:55:44 pm »

I've never had a bad meal there.

Angry Bird thighs are tasty, the Bunny Chow mentioned above is only considered if you're really hungry haha, pleasantly surprised with the paneer curry as I had never had it before.

The chat bombs with starters and gun powder chicken is one of my main picks.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #3486 on: September 23, 2019, 03:01:12 pm »
I noticed the restaurant that was Et Alia had a new sign up and is being done up inside, Justinos Restaurante so another Italian.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #3487 on: September 23, 2019, 07:06:14 pm »
I noticed the restaurant that was Et Alia had a new sign up and is being done up inside, Justinos Restaurante so another Italian.

More likely to be spanish if it’s called that?

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3488 on: September 24, 2019, 01:54:13 pm »
Just seen the new sign. Could even be Portuguese I suppose, there’s a Madeira wine company called Justino’s.

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3489 on: September 24, 2019, 08:25:38 pm »
Any reviews for Flavios in Huyton heard decent things about it from people still yet to try it however

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3490 on: September 24, 2019, 09:12:53 pm »
Sanskruti the week before last. Ace as ever. Took the daughter and her mate and they both loved it.

If eating with your eyes is the thing, then it doesn't get much better than here.

And i have to say, the Indian muzak is boss as well. From bhangra rave to Indian dub, what a mix.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3491 on: September 26, 2019, 11:19:17 pm »
me and the lad becoming taller than me coming over next week.. been to italian club, mowgli, il forno, teppanayaki, byrons and a few others - but any recommendations for cocktails and burgers/mexican - coolish place where old fart dad wouldn't look too weird/out of place - cheers
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3492 on: September 26, 2019, 11:21:11 pm »
It’s a smallish chain but Wahaca is pretty nice for Mexican food.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3493 on: September 26, 2019, 11:41:27 pm »
It’s a smallish chain but Wahaca is pretty nice for Mexican food.

Cheers ! searched it; looks spot on - on top of liverpool one or is it down by hanover street social and around there ?
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3494 on: September 26, 2019, 11:43:16 pm »
Cheers ! searched it; looks spot on - on top of liverpool one or is it down by hanover street social and around there ?

It’s just off Hanover mate.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3495 on: September 26, 2019, 11:46:18 pm »
It’s just off Hanover mate.

cheers mate ! thinking about it - i probably walked past it if its by the barber shop/bookstore etc !

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3496 on: September 27, 2019, 12:10:17 am »
cheers mate ! thinking about it - i probably walked past it if its by the barber shop/bookstore etc !

Yeah it’s near Waterstones.

If you go upstairs there are some table footy tables too  8)

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #3497 on: September 30, 2019, 08:11:57 am »

Anyone been to both? Water street one looks impressive but never been. Bold street good but haven’t been for a while

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3498 on: September 30, 2019, 08:13:53 am »
Been the Water St one loads but not the other - it’s always really good.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3499 on: September 30, 2019, 08:14:34 am »
Been the Water St one loads but not the other - it’s always really good.
Cheers Craig

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #3500 on: September 30, 2019, 09:45:38 am »
I've been to both, think I preferred the Water Street one for the layout etc.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3501 on: October 1, 2019, 01:38:00 pm »
Bold Street one is a bit tighter and obviously cant book so we go the Water Street one now - layout is nice.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #3502 on: October 1, 2019, 01:47:58 pm »
Tried Bundobust for the first time the other day and thought it was great. Cheap food, easy to take home if you're full (it's already in tubs, with lids you can grab) and easy service where you just order at the bar. Decent and unusual variety, and the skewers and the chaat in particular were amazing. Set meal for two was £24, and still took some of that home. Didn't try the beers as I had to go to work, but they looked nice.

Nice place to sit as well.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3503 on: October 1, 2019, 02:46:07 pm »
I've been to both, think I preferred the Water Street one for the layout etc.
Bold Street one is a bit tighter and obviously cant book so we go the Water Street one now - layout is nice.
Thanks! Will deffo try it. Was going to try Water st one last night, but as we were Bold Street side of town and it was pouring down we went to that one instead.....and couldn’t get in! Popular place still.

With the weather, you couldn’t be wandering around, so we ended up at the first place that could fit nine of us in at short notice and would be reasonably quick as we had a gig to go to. That ended up being Honest Burger. And it was pretty damn good to be, well, honest!

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3504 on: October 2, 2019, 08:21:23 am »
Went to a couple of places over the weekend.

Holdi Woolton Village on Saturday night. A quality Indian - been going for years now. The service is class and the portions are just enough. Had a prawn chat to start with chicken Naga rice and chapati.

Then went to the Tavern on Smithdown Sunday evening - usually only go for breakfast but thought dinner was great.  Before 7 pm you can choose 2 courses for 14.50 - I went for a Diablo burger which is beef patties cheese and chorizo with fries and then a chocolate fudge cake and ice cream. Great portion sizes.

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
« Reply #3505 on: October 4, 2019, 03:28:28 pm »
Was near Alder Hey last week and ended up in the Rotisserie Hub on East Prescot  Road. Had one of the best burgers I've ever.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3506 on: October 8, 2019, 06:55:32 pm »
No Michelin recognition again this year. Thought Roski might have had a chance.

Duke Street Market was awarded a Michelin Bib Gourmand which recognises the best restaurants across the UK for good quality and good value as assessed by Michelin inspectors.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3507 on: October 13, 2019, 12:38:15 pm »
Went to Remora last night. Service was slow (about 40 minutes before we got our starters) but we were in no rush and weren't bothered, it's a nice place to be sitting drinking anyway.

Food when it came was lovely, and we weren't waiting long for the mains once the starters were finished. Four of us went, everyone had starters, mains, rice naan etc and the bill was 108 quid, with 6 alcoholic drinks and 2 soft drinks.

I'd still put Yukti ahead of it, but I'd definitely go back, it's a nice little place.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 01:12:41 pm by gregor »

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3508 on: October 15, 2019, 09:35:13 am »
May not be to everyone’s taste but last couple of times I’ve been in Liverpool for work I’ve been to Veggie Republic on Cook Street. Completely vegan menu.

They do excellent “burgers”, different themed burger depending what day it is. Wide selection of different types of food, not just salad! The Jackfruit Fried “Chicken” was really good too.

As I say perhaps not for everyone but the foods really good, as is the service and the price.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3509 on: October 20, 2019, 10:18:13 am »
I see what was previously La Vina is becoming a Six by Nico restaurant. Seems quite an interesting tasting menu concept.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #3510 on: October 22, 2019, 11:24:00 am »
Went to Anar on Duke St a couple of weeks ago. Sister restaraunt of the ones on Aigburth Rd/Prescot Rd

Very good meat selections, mezzo and kebabs, reasonably priced and good service. Worth a visit.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3511 on: October 27, 2019, 03:47:58 pm »
Went to Cowshed yesterday. I'd recommend booking a little while in advance as we could only get a table at 3.30 or about 9pm when we booked about a week in advance, so went with the 3.30 and thought we'd make it an early tea.

I was really looking forward to it and it didn't disappoint, everything was fantastic. Had sesame halloumi bites and garlic and truffle bread to start. I could have eaten the halloumi bites all day. I had a ribeye and my wife had a fillet for the mains, was one of the nicest steaks I've ever had. Sides were lovely - shared fries, sweet potato mash and mushrooms in garlic butter.

Both somehow had room for dessert - I had bread and butter pudding with vanilla custard and pecans, she had apple pannacotta with cream. 88 quid altogether with 3 beers and a glass of wine, not cheap but definitely worth it. The place itself is small, only about 9 tables. Staff were all superb and  it has a really nice feel to it. Best meal out I've had in ages.

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3512 on: October 28, 2019, 08:16:29 am »
Would have match day affected the reservation availability?

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3513 on: October 28, 2019, 10:58:09 am »
Went to Flavios Italian in Huyton over the weekend for the wife's birthday, its a converted petrol station but I'll tell you what - it was brilliant. There was 7 of us and there wasn't a thing leftover, starters, mains and desserts were all very good. Would defo recommend.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3514 on: October 28, 2019, 11:24:02 am »
Nice review of the Pilgrim inside Duke Street Market (where I'll be going for my works Christmas do this year)

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/oct/18/pilgrim-liverpool-restaurant-review-grace-dent

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3515 on: October 30, 2019, 06:03:08 am »
Nice review of the Pilgrim inside Duke Street Market (where I'll be going for my works Christmas do this year)

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/oct/18/pilgrim-liverpool-restaurant-review-grace-dent

We went on Sunday before the match. The food was quite spectacular. Highly recommend.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #3516 on: October 30, 2019, 11:51:09 pm »
Gonna go La Parrilla on Bold Street for my birthday, I've heard good things?

Was boss, by the way. Dirt cheap, gigantic delicious portions, great staff. Can’t recommend highly enough, and I think they’ve an early bird menu on Sundays and Thursdays (not that it’s pricey the rest of the time).

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #3517 on: October 31, 2019, 03:22:06 pm »
Was boss, by the way. Dirt cheap, gigantic delicious portions, great staff. Can’t recommend highly enough, and I think they’ve an early bird menu on Sundays and Thursdays (not that it’s pricey the rest of the time).
Boss restaurant, I've been to the Bold Street one and the one in Waterloo. Need to go back and try the rest of the menu.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3518 on: October 31, 2019, 04:33:35 pm »
Can anyone who has been to Wreckfish in town recently tell me if it's still good.

Thinking of going with my partner on her birthday.

Thanks for any reply.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #3519 on: October 31, 2019, 05:00:49 pm »
I see what was previously La Vina is becoming a Six by Nico restaurant. Seems quite an interesting tasting menu concept.

I'm intrigued, as the cost seems almost too reasonable.

Booked in for just before Christmas