Author Topic: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]  (Read 599538 times)

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Re: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]
« Reply #3720 on: May 23, 2020, 11:13:42 am »
Has anyone had an indian takeaway/delivery since lockdown? Thinking of getting one on Friday, choosing between Holdi Woolton Villaige, Millon Allerton Road or Spiceways at the Fiveways. Only ever been to Holdi which I love but just wondering if their deliveries are the same sort of quality.

Went for Millon in the end. Top draw, came half an hour earlier than expected, everything was of a good quality - would get from there again. First proper tikka massala all year.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #3721 on: May 26, 2020, 12:41:46 pm »
I've had a few from different places mate, I don't think there's a bad one since Khan on Brodie closed.
Millon is superb, they all are.
Khan's is still open and their food is lovely, the actual shop needs doing up but it's take-away only anyway.

We tried Spice Brasserie recently and I'll be going back there at some point.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3722 on: May 26, 2020, 02:34:14 pm »
Had an amazing restaurant style fish and chips from Delifonseca on the way into otterspool on Saturday.

You place your order outside and they bring it out for you to pick up

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3723 on: May 26, 2020, 04:16:42 pm »
Picked up a Grilla from the Allerton Red branch over the weekend. Pick up very well thought out and the food was as great and plentiful as always. Think it may be a weekly occurrence until the restaurant is open again.

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #3724 on: May 27, 2020, 12:31:21 am »
Picked up a Grilla from the Allerton Red branch over the weekend. Pick up very well thought out and the food was as great and plentiful as always. Think it may be a weekly occurrence until the restaurant is open again.

What do you usually get from there?
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3725 on: May 27, 2020, 11:47:52 am »

We ordered from here on Saturday as well , but delivery rather than collection . Ordered 4 meals but only 3 were delivered which was disappointing .

Food was very good though so will put the missing meal down as a one off .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3726 on: May 27, 2020, 03:34:05 pm »
What do you usually get from there?

I meant the Allerton ROAD branch, obviously  ;). Greek farmer sausage starter and the beef mince kebab for me. Veggie in the house gets the halloumi Pitta. I’ve also had the Mixed souvlaki and pork gyros in the past. I can’t fault the food always very tasty.

I’ve seen both Anar and Elif have also opened for delivery and pick up. Probably go Turkish this weekend then.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #3727 on: May 28, 2020, 08:47:24 am »
Bistro Noir on Lark Lane has reopened for takeaway. We got food from there on Saturday cos we fancied a more restauranty kind of meal and wanted to support a fellow Lark Lane small business. Wife got chilli and I got katsu curry and some cheesecake for dessert and it was all very nice.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3728 on: June 29, 2020, 10:11:01 am »
Had some lovely stuff from Little Korea at the Baltic Market yesterday.
2 types of fried chicken with stick rice and Korean salad.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3729 on: June 29, 2020, 08:14:46 pm »
My favourite Chinese restaurant/take away Lee Dynasty reopened as take away only a few weeks back. Had a few meals from their, almost makes things feel a bit more normal.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3730 on: June 29, 2020, 10:10:30 pm »
Had some lovely stuff from Little Korea at the Baltic Market yesterday.
2 types of fried chicken with stick rice and Korean salad.

Had Patterson's from there over the weekend. Lovely

Everywhere seems to be reopening this weekend. Not sure how I feel about it but happy some of the businesses that need the money can reopen. Most seem to be just reopening with social distancing rather than do a table booking service.

Wish I could have been out in Free State Kitchens garden last week when it was roasting.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3731 on: June 30, 2020, 02:34:05 pm »
Had Patterson's from there over the weekend. Lovely

Everywhere seems to be reopening this weekend. Not sure how I feel about it but happy some of the businesses that need the money can reopen. Most seem to be just reopening with social distancing rather than do a table booking service.

Wish I could have been out in Free State Kitchens garden last week when it was roasting.
That was my only problem - I could have had something from everywhere.
Their ordering system is really good too.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #3732 on: July 3, 2020, 09:05:41 am »
Anyone know of any restaurants opening tomorrow in the Allerton area?

I wanted to take the kids out for some tea around 6pm but can`t find a list of what`s opening and didn`t want to spend ages ringing around.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3733 on: July 3, 2020, 12:38:13 pm »
Anyone know of any restaurants opening tomorrow in the Allerton area?

I wanted to take the kids out for some tea around 6pm but can`t find a list of what`s opening and didn`t want to spend ages ringing around.

Leaf Smithdown is definitely open tomorrow.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #3734 on: July 3, 2020, 02:08:52 pm »
Leaf Smithdown is definitely open tomorrow.
Ta mate

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3735 on: July 3, 2020, 07:32:36 pm »
Ta mate

Is that the new Chinese one on Berry St?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3736 on: July 18, 2020, 04:29:38 pm »
Very sad by Bacaro on Twitter

27 people didn’t turn up for their confirmed bookings last night, I’m not sure people realise but this is make or break for us, the maximum we can & want to trade at is 75% to keep everyone safe, when 27 people of that 75% can’t be arsed turning up or even let us know with a call

We talked a while ago when Roski opened asking people to pay in advance and how it rubbed people up the wrong way. But if people keep booking and then can't be arsed to show up or cancel then we're going to end up having to pay deposits or leaving card details....

Just turn up

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3737 on: July 18, 2020, 04:34:56 pm »
I’ve seen so many restaurants posting very similar messages on their social media lately.

Why do people do it? Ridiculous really.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3738 on: July 18, 2020, 05:39:52 pm »
Very sad by Bacaro on Twitter

We talked a while ago when Roski opened asking people to pay in advance and how it rubbed people up the wrong way. But if people keep booking and then can't be arsed to show up or cancel then we're going to end up having to pay deposits or leaving card details....

Just turn up

Every now and then something crops up and you can't keep a reservation. Fair enough, just let them know.

Wonder what the no show rate was before Covid?

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3739 on: July 18, 2020, 06:54:05 pm »
Restaurants should be asking for a deposit due to the current situation. You hear too often people making bookings at multiple restaurants and then just going to the one they fancy on the night.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3740 on: July 19, 2020, 11:46:42 am »
There's no excuse for doing a no show IMO unless it was an absolute emergency. I'd be fine with leaving a deposit.

We went to Free State Kitchen the other night - booked in advance. Usual quality - got pretty busy (it was a Friday night) but most were sitting outside and inside they spaced it so you weren't sitting directly next to another table.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #3741 on: July 20, 2020, 10:01:40 am »
We went to Istanbul in Woolton recently, the food was spot on and we'll be going back. Nice little section to sit outside as well if the weather is decent.

It does my head in when people are booking tables and just not bothering to turn up without a quick call, it's just lazy and self-centred.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #3742 on: July 20, 2020, 11:29:59 am »
Have a morning free on Thursday, any recommendations for a nice breakfast/brunch? Happy to travel out of town.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3743 on: July 20, 2020, 11:57:25 am »
Restaurants should be asking for a deposit due to the current situation. You hear too often people making bookings at multiple restaurants and then just going to the one they fancy on the night.
Honestly?
I absolutely despair at the selfishness of some people. No excuse for no shows at any time, let alone now with businesses struggling to get back on their feet.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3744 on: July 20, 2020, 12:47:06 pm »
We went to Istanbul in Woolton recently, the food was spot on and we'll be going back. Nice little section to sit outside as well if the weather is decent.

It does my head in when people are booking tables and just not bothering to turn up without a quick call, it's just lazy and self-centred.

And that neatly summarises a significant proprtion of the British public.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #3745 on: July 20, 2020, 02:37:29 pm »
Have a morning free on Thursday, any recommendations for a nice breakfast/brunch? Happy to travel out of town.
I really like Portland Street on Smithdown Road for breaky, it is opposite The Tavern which is a lot of peoples obvious choice for breakfast.

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3746 on: July 20, 2020, 10:59:28 pm »

Belzan on Smithdown does a belter breakfast.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3747 on: July 22, 2020, 12:56:51 pm »
I really like Portland Street on Smithdown Road for breaky, it is opposite The Tavern which is a lot of peoples obvious choice for breakfast.

I prefer it to the Tavern to be honest, I've never really got the fuss about the Tavern.

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3748 on: July 22, 2020, 01:03:40 pm »
I prefer it to the Tavern to be honest, I've never really got the fuss about the Tavern.

Nah the Tavern is overrated. It's a bang average full English imo.

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3749 on: July 23, 2020, 09:40:45 am »
Nah the Tavern is overrated. It's a bang average full English imo.

The Tavern used to be good for breakfast , but not for a long time . It's almost turned into a breakfast cult with people queuing up to get a table - bizarre !

Haven't been for years for breakfast but still pop in for a meal every now and then . Not anymore though - last few times I've been have been a massive letdown .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #3750 on: July 23, 2020, 09:44:05 am »
Well I couldn't disagree more with these last few posts. I love the Tavern, probably my favourite place to go for breakfast in the city.

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3751 on: July 23, 2020, 10:16:13 am »
Well I couldn't disagree more with these last few posts. I love the Tavern, probably my favourite place to go for breakfast in the city.

Fair play mate . I've not had breakfast there for years so can't really comment .

Went there last weekend for a feed though and it was awful. The waitress taking the order could barely speak english so making the order was tough . Waited an hour and 40 minutes for the main courses to arrive and one of them was cold . Ordered a beer that never arrived . They did a fresh oder for the cold main and didn't charge for it which was fair enough but that's not really the point .

I appreciate things aren't quite the same at the moment so will always give a bit of slack , but the above events were a bit much .

I first went in the Tavern in it's first week of opening many moons ago , when it was just the bar you see when you go in . I've got a real soft spot for the place and only wish good things for it , but it's not that good at the moment in my opinion . Still pop in for a bev every now and again as well .

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3752 on: July 23, 2020, 11:34:05 am »
Heading to Six by Nico later today. First time I’ve been since it’s opened and really looking forward to it.

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3753 on: July 23, 2020, 04:12:22 pm »
Heading to Six by Nico later today. First time I’ve been since it’s opened and really looking forward to it.

We went last year when it was New York themed and it was so good. Is it still chippy themed at the mo? Jealous of that. We're booked in to go for my birthday in September but don't know what the theme is yet.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3754 on: July 23, 2020, 09:14:57 pm »
Chippy themed yeah mate.

Just in gin distillery after finishing up at Six, fuck it was good. So so good. I’ll write something up proper tomorrow.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3755 on: July 23, 2020, 10:59:06 pm »
Chippy themed yeah mate.

Just in gin distillery after finishing up at Six, fuck it was good. So so good. I’ll write something up proper tomorrow.

It’s boss , missed out on the New York one but done the chippy and the alps one both were superb . Might do the chippy one next week again

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #3756 on: July 24, 2020, 10:45:44 am »
Ended up going to Portland Street and having the steak and eggs to mop up Wednesday's effects. They do free refill brews, so that helped.

Can recommend it, so thanks to Scouser-Tommy for the suggestion.

Went in Leaf on Bold Street for the first time for a bit of lunch on Wednesday and really enjoyed that: pan-fried chicken and bubble & squeak was gorgeous.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3757 on: July 28, 2020, 11:01:13 pm »
After 18 months living in Dingle/Toxteth I fancy doing something different than always going to Lark Lane.  I've walked past the Queens Arms pub on Admiral Street a few times, anybody know what it's like?  It's rated highly on googlemaps, but then so is The Globe. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #3758 on: August 3, 2020, 02:51:33 pm »
Ended up going to Portland Street and having the steak and eggs to mop up Wednesday's effects. They do free refill brews, so that helped.

Can recommend it, so thanks to Scouser-Tommy for the suggestion.

Went in Leaf on Bold Street for the first time for a bit of lunch on Wednesday and really enjoyed that: pan-fried chicken and bubble & squeak was gorgeous.
No problem mate, I'm a big fan of steak as an option for breakfast! I do like The Tavern too but just can't bring myself to queue up with others around.

I'm trying to decide where best to visit in the next few weeks with the Monday to Wednesday offers on, this thread should benefit from it :D

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #3759 on: August 3, 2020, 03:51:53 pm »
The Tavern used to be good for breakfast , but not for a long time . It's almost turned into a breakfast cult with people queuing up to get a table - bizarre !

Haven't been for years for breakfast but still pop in for a meal every now and then . Not anymore though - last few times I've been have been a massive letdown .

I must admit, I thought that the awards it won a few years ago were the result of a well-organised RAWK-style mobilising of voters.  I've been in perhaps three times in the last ten years for a brekkie/brunch and never been particularly desperate to return - Leaf, the Dovedale, and (according to posts above) Portland St are all excellent options within just metres of the Tavern.  I don't know why Tribeca don't launch a breakfast menu to be honest - a North American menu (like that at Moose, who of course now have the Hope Street branch) would suit it well, and when in that area it can't be difficult to drawer customers when the Tavern's so busy.  I guess what the Tavern has got is the feeling that breakfast is an event there - and re-fill coffees!  Do like it, but it's not one I get excited for.