Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 603834 times)

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #6640 on: June 20, 2019, 01:27:31 am »
thats true but I doubt they’d get him for what he’d want, meanwhile Korver will probably get bought out by Memphis so there’s a shooter lebron knows and likes

Im in the camp that the Lakers would be fucking insane to waste their cap on a 3rd star. Id try and spread that money around on shooting and whatever 3 and D guys you can get.

I dont understand if they are able to finagle more space for one max contract, how they can fill out that roster with anything other than G league talent.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6641 on: June 20, 2019, 02:44:00 am »
Conley to the Jazz for Korver, Crowder, Grayson Allen, and the 23rd pick. Great deal for the Jazz. Mitchell and Conley will be a strong backcourt.
Good move for both sides. Utah should be pretty good next year adding more scoring and a PG which they needed. Clears the path for Ja in Memphis also

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6642 on: June 20, 2019, 02:47:33 am »
Will be interesting to see how this effects the market for D'Angelo Russell as Utah were a likely suitor
Depending on the draft. The Suns need a PG really badly guessing they would be in the market for him. I think Nets would want to keep him if they dont get Kyrie

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6643 on: June 20, 2019, 07:20:43 am »
Im in the camp that the Lakers would be fucking insane to waste their cap on a 3rd star. Id try and spread that money around on shooting and whatever 3 and D guys you can get.

I dont understand if they are able to finagle more space for one max contract, how they can fill out that roster with anything other than G league talent.
i think they’d be banking on a decent number of buyouts to fill out the holes if they go the three star route, although when you have Lebron and AD you don’t need another star with that cap situation, probably smart of them to wait until the main players make their move as they could get some decent players for them on less money than they could on the 1st July

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6644 on: June 20, 2019, 10:02:41 am »

Depends on who they can get to take the vet min. Its unlikely to happen but nobody in their right mind would turn down Kawhi.

Kemba...Butler? I agree, go with role players.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6645 on: June 20, 2019, 10:41:01 am »
Conley is one of my favorite players, good move.

Yeah I've always liked Conley. Had his fair share of injuries though over the last few years, hopefully he stays fit.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6646 on: June 20, 2019, 11:37:48 pm »
Pelicans trade fourth pick, 57th pick, a future second pick and Solomon Hill to the Hawks for the 8th, 17th and 35th picks in this draft. Also some talk that Pelicans are getting a future 1st in 2020.

Timberwolves trade Dario Saric and their number 11th pick to the Suns for the 6th pick.

Suns send the 32nd pick and T.J. Warren to the Pacers for cash considerations

Pistons send John Leuer to the Bucks in exchange for Tony Snell and the 30th pick
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 12:18:38 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6647 on: June 21, 2019, 01:57:08 am »
Anybody watching the draft?

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6648 on: June 21, 2019, 05:51:16 am »
I'm just so excited to learn that the late Manute Bol has a son, that his name is Bol Bol, and that he's now an NBA player, to give a shit about anything else, including the big Jazz trade.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6649 on: June 21, 2019, 11:09:37 am »
Dave McMenamin@mcten
Talen Horton-Tucker says he didn’t work out for the Lakers and didn’t even meet with them at the combine before being picked by them tonight. As a fellow Klutch Sports client he says he’s already met with LeBron James and Anthony Davis, however.

Dave McMenamin@mcten
Talen Horton-Tucker wasn’t a blind pick for the Lakers’ front office. Rob Pelinka attended the Klutch pro day at LMU and spoke to the Iowa State product there. However, there was no workout specifically for the Lakers, nor did the Lakers speak to him at the combine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #6650 on: June 25, 2019, 03:29:50 pm »
MVP, MIP, ROY, DPOY all foreign born.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6651 on: June 25, 2019, 04:48:03 pm »
MVP, MIP, ROY, DPOY all foreign born.

Outrageous, what's the world coming to.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6652 on: June 25, 2019, 08:34:06 pm »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #6653 on: June 26, 2019, 03:53:42 pm »
Outrageous, what's the world coming to.

Not stating it like that. The sport has been American dominated for a very long time. Im saying its amazing for the league and great to see basketball flourishing worldwide.

Considering Masai was the actual executive of the year - it should have been more.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 03:55:28 pm by Canada Loves Anfield »

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6654 on: June 26, 2019, 08:42:22 pm »
So mark Jackson’s firing and subsequent disappearance from the coaching circuit was basically explained by igoudala, can’t say I blame anyone for not wanting him as their head coach with someone who has issues with gays (especially for a team in the Bay Area!!), and of course there is the whole preachiness (whilst at the same time getting into a position where a stripper can blackmail him!!), hopefully he gets binned off Espn like beadle has

https://deadspin.com/andre-iguodala-says-mark-jackson-is-being-blackballed-f-1835842617

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #6655 on: June 26, 2019, 09:28:57 pm »
So mark Jackson’s firing and subsequent disappearance from the coaching circuit was basically explained by igoudala, can’t say I blame anyone for not wanting him as their head coach with someone who has issues with gays (especially for a team in the Bay Area!!), and of course there is the whole preachiness (whilst at the same time getting into a position where a stripper can blackmail him!!), hopefully he gets binned off Espn like beadle has

https://deadspin.com/andre-iguodala-says-mark-jackson-is-being-blackballed-f-1835842617

Good, I can't stand Mark Jackson. There are countless stories about him as a player and a coach creating unnecessary confrontations.

Why did Beadle leave/get fired?
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6656 on: June 26, 2019, 09:43:46 pm »
i think it’s because she isn’t that good, don’t think she’s had any great successes bar sports nation since going there, that show before first take seems to be doing better since she went

rumours of Rachel Nichols but I’d worry if she appears less on the jump, as that show is peerless

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #6657 on: June 26, 2019, 10:41:02 pm »
Good, I can't stand Mark Jackson. There are countless stories about him as a player and a coach creating unnecessary confrontations.

Mark Jackson was also an arse during his player days.
Most annoying part of watching an NBA game is hearing his commentary.
A perfect example of getting blacklisted for a good reason.
It's interesting how few current players pushed to have him as their coach.

Also, I think Harden should have been MVP. But sometimes the bandwagon effect is hard to counter.
Certainly deserved it more than several prior MVPs (cough*Nash*).
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6658 on: June 26, 2019, 10:44:30 pm »
Player want Jackson because he's a good coach, it's not surprising. The problem is his his relationship with the ownership.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6659 on: June 26, 2019, 11:03:44 pm »
Not stating it like that. The sport has been American dominated for a very long time. Im saying its amazing for the league and great to see basketball flourishing worldwide.

Considering Masai was the actual executive of the year - it should have been more.

Yeah I know was only messing. Always good to see Europeans doing well in the NBA, defo helps the growth when a country has a true all-star to support.

And I agree on Masai, ultimately took a chance on Kahwi whilst the Celtics, Sixers etc. turned their nose up because of his situation this summer. Smashed it, how the fuck he only came 4th in that voting.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6660 on: June 27, 2019, 12:33:47 am »
Player want Jackson because he's a good coach, it's not surprising. The problem is his his relationship with the ownership.

not just that but in PR terms he has the potential to be a massive liability and even though he’s a good coach the warriors got way better without him, playing at a level that they weren’t expected too and ultimately made them one of the great teams, and to be fair he isn’t worth the potential hassle if he does espouse some of his beliefs (Stephen A was calling for him to be Knicks coach, had they hired him and he fucked up once he felt comfortable imagine the shit Dolan would get for doing something a lot of the media would have wanted in the first place), and the NBA is a far more progressive league than the NFL where dungs gets tv work with some of his past comments

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6661 on: June 27, 2019, 03:30:02 am »
not just that but in PR terms he has the potential to be a massive liability and even though he’s a good coach the warriors got way better without him
I get all of that, I don't disagree with the PR aspect of it, but ''Warriors got better without him'' doesn't mean he's a bad coach. In fact he's a good one who set the foundations for Kerr to take them to the next level. I think he could coach several sides in the league, if we are talking about pure basketball knowledge and IQ.

that's why I said the players want him. they [the players] don't particularly care about the PR aspect. None of the players he's coached have complained. However his people skills with everyone else is his problem.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6662 on: June 27, 2019, 07:16:36 am »
I get all of that, I don't disagree with the PR aspect of it, but ''Warriors got better without him'' doesn't mean he's a bad coach. In fact he's a good one who set the foundations for Kerr to take them to the next level. I think he could coach several sides in the league, if we are talking about pure basketball knowledge and IQ.

that's why I said the players want him. they [the players] don't particularly care about the PR aspect. None of the players he's coached have complained. However his people skills with everyone else is his problem.

oh I agree, it’s just I don’t think he’s worth the potential hassle which is why he’s still on espn when he’s definitely better than a lot of coaches in the league

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6663 on: June 27, 2019, 03:04:16 pm »
Mark Jackson was also an arse during his player days.
Most annoying part of watching an NBA game is hearing his commentary.
A perfect example of getting blacklisted for a good reason.
It's interesting how few current players pushed to have him as their coach.

Also, I think Harden should have been MVP. But sometimes the bandwagon effect is hard to counter.

His commentary is abysmal and his bias was apparent (understandably) the last few years in the finals. It amazes me ESPN couldn't find someone better to replace him.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 07:28:27 pm by Lynndenberries »

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6664 on: June 27, 2019, 03:53:47 pm »
Boston are apparently favorites for Kemba. It seems like it would be a good fit for them.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6665 on: June 27, 2019, 03:58:04 pm »

Yeah can definitely see the argument for it, as do many in the media. For me, the strength of the Western conference compared to the East is enough to secure it in my opinion. I mean he averaged 8 points more than Paul George in 2nd for PPG, that's just outrageous.

(as above) Also Celtics apparently looking at Kemba Walker, good scorer. But with Horford also leaving, they'll need to replace him with a big who can pass.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 04:10:48 pm by Broad Spectrum »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6666 on: June 27, 2019, 04:48:40 pm »
Boston are apparently favorites for Kemba. It seems like it would be a good fit for them.

Far less cray than Kyrie. Would also disrupt those pie in the sky rumours about him going to the Lakers

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6667 on: June 27, 2019, 05:00:46 pm »
Far less cray than Kyrie. Would also disrupt those pie in the sky rumours about him going to the Lakers

Yeah. Kyrie is more talented, but from a Celtics perspective, Kemba should be a much better fit.

I feel like this will be good for Charlotte too. They have been hovering around the 10th seed in the East for far too long, so this will force them to commit to a rebuild.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6668 on: June 27, 2019, 07:09:29 pm »
His commentary is abysmal and his bias was apparently (understandably) the last few years in the finals. It amazes me ESPN couldn't find someone better to replace him.
Doris Burke can take his spot it would be good

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6669 on: June 27, 2019, 08:09:29 pm »
Lebron giving up his jersey for AD

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6670 on: June 27, 2019, 10:27:14 pm »
Lebron giving up his jersey for AD

And he has waived his $4m bonus and the Lakers have dumped three contracts and a 2nd round pick on the Wizards
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27068842/sources-lakers-ship-3-wiz-open-max-space

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6671 on: June 27, 2019, 11:04:00 pm »
And he has waived his $4m bonus and the Lakers have dumped three contracts and a 2nd round pick on the Wizards
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27068842/sources-lakers-ship-3-wiz-open-max-space
space jam must be paying him well

Offline BarnsleyScouser

• Kopite
  • Best in the World
« Reply #6672 on: June 28, 2019, 11:01:07 am »
Lakers created enough cap space for one more max contract and Mr Leonard has granted them a meeting. Imagine a team with Kawhi, A.D and Lebron?

Means they'll have to fill out the rest of the space with minimum contracts really.
If showing respect to the 96 and other victims of Hillsborough on the 15th is seen as unacceptable by other teams fans then I am glad I support Liverpool and understand some things are more important than football

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6673 on: June 28, 2019, 03:08:48 pm »
space jam must be paying him well

I love this conspiracy theory. Bill Simmons is completely sold on it at this point.

For what it's worth, I can see it being a thing. Realistically, what could the NBA do to stop it?

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6674 on: June 28, 2019, 04:02:42 pm »
i don't get the Mark Jackson hate here. I actually think him and Van Gundy are funny and good together; Mark is definitely much better than most of TNT's color analysts like cringey Reggie Miller. Also, Mark Jackson was a very good player, i believe he is 2nd or 3rd in all time assists and he was definitely a better coach than many coaches who keep getting jobs despite failure after failure.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6675 on: June 28, 2019, 04:04:07 pm »
Lakers created enough cap space for one more max contract and Mr Leonard has granted them a meeting. Imagine a team with Kawhi, A.D and Lebron?

Means they'll have to fill out the rest of the space with minimum contracts really.
Looks like it will be Kyrie instead of Kawhi and Kawhi will be off to Clippers.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6676 on: June 28, 2019, 04:09:32 pm »
Be surprised if he goes to the Clippers, makes little sense.  I know some journos like to push it, especially ones who don't like the Lakers like Woj but I'd be surprised if it happened. Stay at Toronto or Lakers I reckon.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6677 on: June 28, 2019, 04:14:18 pm »
Be surprised if he goes to the Clippers, makes little sense.  I know some journos like to push it, especially ones who don't like the Lakers like Woj but I'd be surprised if it happened. Stay at Toronto or Lakers I reckon.
He is from L.A. and he played in San Diego in college, his closest family members live in L.A., he is known to rate Doc as a coach so it's not really that far probability.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6678 on: June 28, 2019, 04:15:18 pm »
He is from L.A. and he played in San Diego in college, his closest family members live in L.A.

Exactly, so you join the big dogs in LA with Lebron James and Antony Davis, not the little team with a load of bums.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6679 on: June 28, 2019, 04:29:22 pm »
Exactly, so you join the big dogs in LA with Lebron James and Antony Davis, not the little team with a load of bums.
Because Lakers is a circus at the time with all that Pelinka and Buss drama; they have a new coach, he may have red flags with potential chemistry issues as Lebron and AD will get a lot of his touches there compared to Clippers. Lakers don't have enough depth like Clippers does also Lakers don't even have any shooters in the team. He will be a clear all time great if he wins it with Clippers as he will be their only superstar but he is maybe concerned people will keep bringing up AD and Lebron when he has any success with Lakers. He doesn't seem to be the type who would like being 3rd fiddle with Lebron and AD imo.