Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2778933 times)

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons
« Reply #10480 on: September 19, 2020, 11:40:38 am »
Don't mind Aguero to be honest. He seems a good professional and a decent guy. It's a shame that what is probably his last season is going to be carrying an injury.

Will City be sign anyone decent with FFP?  Yes, of course they will.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10481 on: September 19, 2020, 11:54:34 am »
Don't mind Aguero to be honest. He seems a good professional and a decent guy. It's a shame that what is probably his last season is going to be carrying an injury.

Who can they sign tho? Their embarrassing attempt to sign Messi for free failed. I doubt they’ll go for Mbappe or Lewandowski. There aren’t a lot of superstar strikers around that would be available.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10482 on: September 19, 2020, 11:58:13 am »

The real question is, what club will sell a striker capable of replacing Aguero, with the season already started?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #10483 on: September 19, 2020, 12:03:57 pm »

FFP?
Fiddled Fund Payments?
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #10484 on: September 19, 2020, 12:05:29 pm »
The real question is, what club will sell a striker capable of replacing Aguero, with the season already started?

Flash enough cash in front of Daniel Levy and he'd be packing Kane's bags for him.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10485 on: September 19, 2020, 12:34:51 pm »
Flash enough cash in front of Daniel Levy and he'd be packing Kane's bags for him.

He said a striker capable of replacing Aguero though. ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10486 on: September 19, 2020, 12:36:59 pm »
He said a striker capable of replacing Aguero though. ;)

Diego Costa?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #10487 on: September 19, 2020, 05:40:46 pm »
Those of you armed with submarines will have to update me on how BlueMoon is taking the news of our new signing. I dare not venture into those shark-infested waters.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10488 on: September 19, 2020, 08:46:57 pm »
They're going to have to sort out an extension for Guardiola or his successor, aren't they?

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10489 on: September 19, 2020, 09:05:27 pm »
Those of you armed with submarines will have to update me on how BlueMoon is taking the news of our new signing. I dare not venture into those shark-infested waters.
I don’t know but I’m guessing lots of bitter bile is being spewed on there.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10490 on: September 19, 2020, 11:54:12 pm »
They're going to have to sort out an extension for Guardiola or his successor, aren't they?
What do you mean, to attract players?

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #10491 on: September 20, 2020, 05:44:07 am »
City might not be all that this year. The good Silva leaving and Sane never really being replaced and billions in defenders who cant and Kun aging and perma hurt and games every 3 days...still room for some 15-0 's over west brom but anyone who gives em a go might find some joy. They can still trot out a good 11 but most of the "depth" is in similar crap or aging defenders.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #10492 on: September 20, 2020, 06:44:16 am »

Please let this happen... i think Kane going to either of the Manc clubs might possibly give me more pleasure than us buying a 4th choice centre back.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10493 on: September 20, 2020, 06:56:39 am »

They should keep their hands off our Origi.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10494 on: September 20, 2020, 07:23:37 am »
What do you mean, to attract players?
You'd have thought a lot of players, the world class ones with a lot of choices, will want to know if the manager is staying and if not, who is likely to be in charge. Some, of course, will just take the money.

Edit: I see they are buying a young cb from Sevilla, presumably instead of Koulibaly but may be a smarter buy.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 07:47:42 am by No666 »

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #10495 on: September 20, 2020, 07:52:56 am »
City might not be all that this year. The good Silva leaving and Sane never really being replaced and billions in defenders who cant and Kun aging and perma hurt and games every 3 days...still room for some 15-0 's over west brom but anyone who gives em a go might find some joy. They can still trot out a good 11 but most of the "depth" is in similar crap or aging defenders.
It's entirely possible they've hit their peak and Guardiola can't get any more out of them. The cracks were definitely showing last season in both the manager and players, and no amount of 5-0 wins can mask their weaknesses at the back.

Aguero, Kompany, Silva and Fernandinho have been at the centre of their success over the last 10 years, and two of those have left and the other two are ageing or injury prone. Apart from those 4 players and De Bruyne, they've had no natural leaders, whereas we seem to have leaders in every single position.

When things have gone wrong for them in games, they lack characters that step up when under pressure. I think this season will see a similar pattern of them rolling teams over but losing lots of games to teams that have a go - especially those that look stronger than last year. Their games against Leeds will probably end 6-5.

They may have unlimited funds and immunity from FFP, but I genuinely think the Man City 'project' is already in decline. If we can build on the last few seasons then we can not only win trophies but hopefully consign City to history as a vulgar vanity project that was ultimately as empty as the Etihad.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10496 on: September 20, 2020, 08:08:40 am »
It's entirely possible they've hit their peak and Guardiola can't get any more out of them. The cracks were definitely showing last season in both the manager and players, and no amount of 5-0 wins can mask their weaknesses at the back.

Aguero, Kompany, Silva and Fernandinho have been at the centre of their success over the last 10 years, and two of those have left and the other two are ageing or injury prone. Apart from those 4 players and De Bruyne, they've had no natural leaders, whereas we seem to have leaders in every single position.

When things have gone wrong for them in games, they lack characters that step up when under pressure. I think this season will see a similar pattern of them rolling teams over but losing lots of games to teams that have a go - especially those that look stronger than last year. Their games against Leeds will probably end 6-5.

They may have unlimited funds and immunity from FFP, but I genuinely think the Man City 'project' is already in decline. If we can build on the last few seasons then we can not only win trophies but hopefully consign City to history as a vulgar vanity project that was ultimately as empty as the Etihad.

But with “unlimited funds and immunity from FFP” nothing other than their owners selling up will stop them competing at the top. And even then, with the free stadium and infrastructure now in place, they’ll never go back to their natural home in the second tier!

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #10497 on: September 20, 2020, 08:32:23 am »
But with “unlimited funds and immunity from FFP” nothing other than their owners selling up will stop them competing at the top. And even then, with the free stadium and infrastructure now in place, they’ll never go back to their natural home in the second tier!
I have no doubt they'll still compete, but whether they'll continue winning trophies at the same rate is questionable now that we've overtaken them and others are busy closing the gap.
Whether Abu Dhabi or Guardiola are willing to stick around without success in Europe remains to be seen.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #10498 on: September 20, 2020, 08:33:43 am »

Been saying this for a while about the spine of that team.
Leadership is a key factor in team building. Pep inherited a strong spine with 4 leaders who could captain if he wanted. They were the ones in the dressing room who set the example. Piss heads and circus acts were not tolerated because they were the stand outs and those 4 weren’t having it.
Now we see the piss heads and clowns coming to the fore. Walker’s shenanigans during lockdown, Foden away with England, even Raheem’s tantrum with Joe, and subsequent assault. Silly little things maybe but indicative of a lack of professionalism.
That’s before we get onto the pitch. KDB is a fantastic player, but he doesn’t make me feel like he can control the likes of Walker or Bernardo, or physically drag a team to victory in a bad patch. Their much vaunted centre half. LaPorte doesn’t come across as a captain either. I rate Conor Coady higher because his presence within his team is so positive and strong. A leader if you will.
I look at Milner, VVD, Robbo (the way he looked after Sadio in the World Club final) Fabinho, any of them could wear the armband and lead the team if Hendo wasn’t there - because they have the same outlook as the rest of the group. “Captains in open field” was a chapter of a book I read many years ago about Shanks And Paisley’s men. Everyone a captain. All supporting each other.
I think that is our strength.
City have yet to find it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10499 on: September 20, 2020, 08:42:21 am »
Been saying this for a while about the spine of that team.
Leadership is a key factor in team building. Pep inherited a strong spine with 4 leaders who could captain if he wanted. They were the ones in the dressing room who set the example. Piss heads and circus acts were not tolerated because they were the stand outs and those 4 weren’t having it.
Now we see the piss heads and clowns coming to the fore. Walker’s shenanigans during lockdown, Foden away with England, even Raheem’s tantrum with Joe, and subsequent assault. Silly little things maybe but indicative of a lack of professionalism.
That’s before we get onto the pitch. KDB is a fantastic player, but he doesn’t make me feel like he can control the likes of Walker or Bernardo, or physically drag a team to victory in a bad patch. Their much vaunted centre half. LaPorte doesn’t come across as a captain either. I rate Conor Coady higher because his presence within his team is so positive and strong. A leader if you will.
I look at Milner, VVD, Robbo (the way he looked after Sadio in the World Club final) Fabinho, any of them could wear the armband and lead the team if Hendo wasn’t there - because they have the same outlook as the rest of the group. “Captains in open field” was a chapter of a book I read many years ago about Shanks And Paisley’s men. Everyone a captain. All supporting each other.
I think that is our strength.
City have yet to find it.
This ties back to Royhendo's discussion about managerial personality and club culture. There has never been any doubt that Guardiola is the genius behind the success; he has established a cult of the detail-obsessive intellect, studying folders on the next opponent on the bus back from the latest triumph. How many other leaders are there room for in Pep's dominion?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 09:25:42 am by No666 »

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #10500 on: September 20, 2020, 08:52:50 am »
This ties back to Royhendo's discussion about managerial personality and club culture. There has never been any doubt that Guardiola is the genius behind the success; he has established a cult of the detail-obsessive intellect, studying folders on the next opponent on the bus back from the latest triumph. How many other leaders is there room for in Pep's dominion?

This lad Thiago we have signed. He has cost us money , but he reminds me of Milner in some ways. Been there done it all, seems like a model pro who will compliment the leadership team of the squad. Klopp is reported to look at the personality of the player as much as the skill set. TAA Jones and the rest are being tutored by one highly dedicated peer group. God help them if they stepped out of line. But more to the point the succession is being planned for.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #10501 on: September 20, 2020, 10:05:24 am »

Exactly. For as long as they have the current owners they won´t be disppearing from the top part of the table. They will get a new manager in, take another few years to rebuild, spunk another 600,000,000+ on new players and start again for another title challenge. Regardless of their horrendous owners, they are certainly a slicker operation then the likes of Man Utd and the absolute dross they spend their money on.

I think it is clear this current incarnation under Pep is past its best though. Their domestic peak was massive no doubt, and I think helped push us onto the heights we have achieved. But if we can bring home the title again this year we will have already surpassed them, regardless of points totals, purely on account of the Champions League.

Even with a manager as coveted as Pep Guardiola, and the 100+ points totals, they have never really achieved the respect they think they are entitled to deserve.

Furthermore, I simply don´t see Klopp and FSG leaving us with the rebuilding job that Pep is going to leave.  And that is something we couldn´t afford at any rate.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 10:07:49 am by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline Red Being

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10502 on: September 20, 2020, 01:02:07 pm »
Based on visits to bluemoon and cafe, these lot seem to be far 'worse' than the red mancs. They seem to be only interested in spewing hatred and nonsense while the cafe seems to be very 'reasonable' in comparison. Why is this the case? Is it because bluemoon is a particularly a shit forum and the scenario is not true in real life?

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10503 on: September 20, 2020, 01:03:57 pm »
Based on visits to bluemoon and cafe, these lot seem to be far 'worse' than the red mancs. They seem to be only interested in spewing hatred and nonsense while the cafe seems to be very 'reasonable' in comparison. Why is this the case? Is it because bluemoon is a particularly a shit forum and the scenario is not true in real life?

Bluemoon has to be one of the most vile football forums out there. Any sensible posters, which I imagine there are a few, are very very quickly drowned out by the complete unmoderated shite the rest post.

Cafe has it's fair share of dickhead / delusional posters but it's infinitely better.

Offline Red Being

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10504 on: September 20, 2020, 01:18:15 pm »
Bluemoon has to be one of the most vile football forums out there. Any sensible posters, which I imagine there are a few, are very very quickly drowned out by the complete unmoderated shite the rest post.

Cafe has it's fair share of dickhead / delusional posters but it's infinitely better.

yep. One expects hatred for the opposition on internet forums, but bluemoon seems to be bad beyond reason. 

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #10505 on: September 20, 2020, 03:21:04 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/20/i-would-love-to-stay-pep-guardiola-keen-to-extend-manchester-city-contract

“I would love to stay longer here,” he said. “It is a place I love to be but I have to deserve. This club achieved standards in the last decade but we have to maintain that and I have to deserve it. I am going to see if I deserve it this season in terms of how the club goes forward and improves.”

Guardiola added that the club’s executive has not informed him he is on trial this year. “No, this is [in] my mind. We didn’t speak with the club in these terms,” he said. “They didn’t push me from day one to today in September. They allow me to do my job the best I can and with all my staff and the players and this is going to continue

“They didn’t tell me you have to do this or you have to that or you have to win this or you have to win that. They told me to play. In my feeling, I know the standards of the club and if I don’t achieve the standards, I probably don’t deserve so I have to win to extend my contract.”

Guardiola was pressed that they must be successful to be awarded a new contract. “It depends on what is for you success,” he countered.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Los back. Thanks.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10506 on: September 20, 2020, 03:28:44 pm »
Yea don’t go there. Seriously. It’s the most toxic forum I’ve ever encountered.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #10507 on: September 20, 2020, 04:14:32 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/20/i-would-love-to-stay-pep-guardiola-keen-to-extend-manchester-city-contract

“I would love to stay longer here,” he said. “It is a place I love to be but I have to deserve. This club achieved standards in the last decade but we have to maintain that and I have to deserve it. I am going to see if I deserve it this season in terms of how the club goes forward and improves.”

Guardiola added that the club’s executive has not informed him he is on trial this year. “No, this is [in] my mind. We didn’t speak with the club in these terms,” he said. “They didn’t push me from day one to today in September. They allow me to do my job the best I can and with all my staff and the players and this is going to continue

“They didn’t tell me you have to do this or you have to that or you have to win this or you have to win that. They told me to play. In my feeling, I know the standards of the club and if I don’t achieve the standards, I probably don’t deserve so I have to win to extend my contract.”

Guardiola was pressed that they must be successful to be awarded a new contract. “It depends on what is for you success,” he countered.
Obviously we’d all love to se him leave. He’s a phenomenal manager.

That aside, this is an odd statement. 

Extending should be a no brainer if he wants to stay.  I want to see if I deserve it?  That’s really odd?  Is it just a way of him swerving saying he’s leaving.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10508 on: September 20, 2020, 04:25:53 pm »
Sounds mostly like ‘it’s not you - it’s me’ pre-breakup softening. Oh dear overlords, I have failed to deliver you the coveted trophy. Now I must retreat to my mountain cave plastered with posters of Arrigo Sacchi and meditate for two years.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10509 on: September 20, 2020, 04:26:25 pm »
Obviously we’d all love to se him leave. He’s a phenomenal manager.

That aside, this is an odd statement. 

Extending should be a no brainer if he wants to stay.  I want to see if I deserve it?  That’s really odd?  Is it just a way of him swerving saying he’s leaving.

I think he's waiting to see how this season plays out before deciding, whether that means he's hoping to win something big and leave on a high or scurry away if Klopp bests him again I'm not sure.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10510 on: September 20, 2020, 06:32:26 pm »
Six points behind already. Pressure.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10511 on: September 20, 2020, 08:46:48 pm »

And he is facing Nuno tomorrow ...

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10512 on: September 20, 2020, 09:08:16 pm »

Closest they've been in ages, he's doing a great job so give him another £200m to spunk on fullbacks

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #10513 on: September 20, 2020, 11:15:56 pm »
Wonder if there was talk of bringing Jota in after the City match. Seems like it would have benefitted us and wolves ?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #10514 on: September 20, 2020, 11:27:13 pm »
Nah we're not small time, wouldn't want to risk an injury either.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #10515 on: September 21, 2020, 11:02:31 am »
Simon Stone
@sistoney67Ilkay Gundogan has tested positive for COVID-19, @ManCity confirm. “Ilkay is now observing a 10-day period of self-isolation in accordance with Premier League and UK Government protocol on quarantine. Everyone at the Club wishes Ilkay a speedy recovery.”

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #10516 on: September 21, 2020, 11:14:26 am »

Feels like a matter of time before one of ours goes down.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10517 on: September 21, 2020, 12:40:28 pm »
“It is a place I love to be but I have to deserve. This club achieved standards in the last decade but we have to maintain that and I have to deserve it. I am going to see if I deserve it this season in terms of how the club goes forward and improves.”

Translation: I want to see how Pirlo gets on at Juve before committing to another year here.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #10518 on: September 21, 2020, 01:42:05 pm »
Feels like a matter of time before one of ours goes down.

One of ours did go down with it in pre-season and Tsimikas tested positive. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10519 on: September 21, 2020, 01:48:20 pm »
Probably a UEFA conspiracy.