Author Topic: Álisson Ramsés Becker  (Read 961862 times)

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alisson Ramses Becker
« Reply #280 on: July 20, 2018, 08:23:08 am »
This squad has the potential to be the best we've had for ~30-years.

Our starting eleven hasn't got any weaknesses now and we've got great options from the bench.

Gonna be fun this season.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 08:25:36 am by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #281 on: July 20, 2018, 08:27:27 am »
This is a summer that just keeps on giving.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #282 on: July 20, 2018, 08:35:06 am »
Fucking hell this is absurd - hes an absolute freak for his size.
Like watching a gigantic cat stalk the penalty box. The video looks sped up for one or two of those saves!

Then you have idiots saying 'why didnt he catch any of the shots?' I am guessing none of them have ever kept goal before! A lot of keepers wouldn't have reached those shots!

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #283 on: July 20, 2018, 08:35:23 am »
Still can't quite believe we've pony'd up and got ourselves an excellent keeper, a position we have lacked quality in since Reina left.

My favourite transfer Klopp has made to date

Hope he's here for years to come
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #284 on: July 20, 2018, 08:39:14 am »
God damn love those black beastly looking gloves already, very cool  8)

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
Football is a lie

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: July 20, 2018, 08:44:05 am »
Alisson: Liverpool's world-record signing from Roma is 'goalkeeper of the future'

By James Horncastle

It has stood for 17 long years. But the 53m euros (£32.6m) Juventus paid Parma for Gianluigi Buffon in 2001 is no longer a world record fee for a goalkeeper.

Implicit in the length of time it lasted is the confidence Juventus had in Buffon becoming an all-time great. A once-in-a-lifetime talent. But as the game grew richer and richer, the longevity of the record has been the cause of some surprise.

If anything, it symbolised the enduring undervaluation of the goalkeeping position. Undervalued it is no more.

Liverpool's decision to invest up to 75m euros (£66.8m) in Alisson looks an expensive one, because it goes against the conventional wisdom. This is the kind of money clubs are supposed to invest in goalscorers. Not goalkeepers.

But, judging by Alisson's performances for Roma last season, it seems entirely fair. The Brazil international wasn't just considered the best player in his position in Serie A, but the best in any position, such was his influence on Roma's play and results.

Alisson didn't just stop goals. He set them up. He played defence-splitting passes, inch-perfect long balls, completed more dribbles than a whole host of outfield players, and embarrassed opposition strikers with backheels under pressure and a 'sombrero' against Crotone.

At no point did Alisson's tricks cause a quick intake of breath or create a sense of panic. His actions were not frivolous. They were essential. The right decision under the circumstances.

Watch Alisson perform any of the skills listed above and you will not see a showman with a professional death wish, but a self-assured goalkeeper who has earned the complete trust of his team. "He's the goalkeeper of the future," Roma manager Eusebio di Francesco said. The evolution of the species in his position.

At least that is how Alisson is perceived in Serie A, where he distinguished himself as the most convincing interpreter of the sweeper-keeper role Italy has seen since Manuel Neuer made that style the benchmark by which goalkeepers are now judged.
Alisson

Alisson rushed off his line and cleared the ball 41 times this season. To put that into perspective, the next best goalkeeper in Italy when it comes to sweeping was Pepe Reina - he managed 20. Alisson proved crucial in enabling Roma to play with an aggressive high line in defence.

For all the attributes that mark Alisson out as a thoroughly modern goalkeeper, it is the old-fashioned stuff that makes him a traditionalist's favourite as well. Tall and broad shouldered, he has an imposing frame and can seem like a magnet for the ball.

Alisson made 109 saves last season and was the only goalkeeper in Serie A with a shots saved percentage of 79% or higher. Limit that to attempts inside the box and his record is the best in Italy over the past five years.

More impressively, Opta's advance metrics show that given the quality of chances Alisson faced, the average goalkeeper would have conceded 36.31 goals. Alisson is no ordinary goalkeeper. He allowed just 28; a difference of eight, the biggest in Serie A.

As Roma and Edin Dzeko did not score as freely as they had done the previous season, his interventions assumed greater significance. Some were jaw-dropping.

Alisson's first Champions League game of the season set the tone for the rest of the campaign. Roma were out-played by Atletico Madrid but held out for a 0-0 draw thanks to a goalkeeper who made nine saves.

In October, he had to tell the pundits in the Sky Italia studio to leave the comparisons with Gordon Banks alone. Adam Masina, now of Watford, thought he had scored for Bologna, just as Pele believed he had netted for Brazil against England at the 1970 World Cup. But Alisson was able to dive and flick the ball up and over, stopping a certain goal.

Roma goalkeeping coach Marco Savorani deserves a great share of the credit in the blossoming of Alisson.

Savorani was also behind Wojciech Szczesny's progression. The former Arsenal goalkeeper came on leaps and bounds under his guidance, so much so that Juventus chose him to be Buffon's successor.

"He makes everything look easy," Savorani has said about Alisson. "He reads the game. He keeps very cool. Over the last 18 months he has refined his technique a lot. He's a champion with a capital C."

A bargain for the 8m euros (£6.7m) Roma paid Brazil's Internacional for him, Alisson will be one of the most profitable deals in the club's history, a parting gift from Walter Sabatini, Monchi's predecessor as sporting director.

Not that Roma fans are overly pleased with the idea of losing another star in the same summer as Radja Nainggolan's departure to Inter. That said, 11 new signings have come in and the bitterness is lessened by the confidence in Monchi and the process he started last year.

Roma did not need the money after a run to the Champions League semi-finals and the sponsorship it attracted, which helped free them from their Financial Fair Play settlement agreement with Uefa.

But when someone is willing to pay 22m euros (£19.6m) more than the existing record for a goalkeeper and can offer a salary outside the limits of your wage structure it is hard to turn them down.

At least this summer Roma benefit from the inflation the Neymar transfer provoked, which contributed to making the sale of Mohamed Salah look cheap when they sold him to Liverpool for £34m in 2017.

Liverpool can be confident Alisson will make as big an impact relative to his position as their last signing from the Eternal City.

A top-class goalkeeper was the missing piece in Jurgen Klopp's Anfield puzzle. But in Alisson, Liverpool look to have found it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44875174
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #287 on: July 20, 2018, 08:44:21 am »
Can the season start already?

What a coup.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #288 on: July 20, 2018, 08:55:56 am »
He’s physically intimidating, big lad. Brilliant news.

Absolute unit.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #289 on: July 20, 2018, 08:59:23 am »
Absolute unit.

Google says 91kg and 1.91cm. I'm not an expert of numerology, but there's something.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: July 20, 2018, 08:59:42 am »
Proper exciting times this. Been a bloody fantastic summer for signings.Cant wait for the start of the season. We could be in for something special. We really aren’t far off at all.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: July 20, 2018, 09:00:35 am »
Top signing. Does it say what the contract is worth per week? Sorry if it's been answered before.

Offline M_B

• Main Stander
« Reply #292 on: July 20, 2018, 09:05:20 am »
Fantastic news. Karius was a liability. Well done Klopp.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #293 on: July 20, 2018, 09:06:27 am »
Because they've spent the last six months somewhat aggressively pushing the view we don't need a goalkeeper. Thankfully Klopp disagrees
Exactly, thank God as this has restored my faith in Klopp's pragmatism > emotional based decision. We've got no excuses now to not mount a serious title challenge - 5/1 at the bookies to win the league, let's do this.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #294 on: July 20, 2018, 09:23:29 am »
Bem-vindo a Anfield !!   :scarf

RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: July 20, 2018, 09:27:50 am »
Given that he signed for Roma the same summer we signed Karius and for a similar fee, I wonder if he was ever on our radar back in 2016?

Poor positioning there, cannot even stand in the middle of the goal.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #296 on: July 20, 2018, 09:32:02 am »
Does anyone know his shirt number?

I might buy for the first time in my life the goalkeeper jersey ;D

Offline greebo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #297 on: July 20, 2018, 09:38:21 am »
Ive played in goal for over 25 years and supported the Reds for my entire life. To be honest all I saw of him was the games against us last year and from that small sample I didn't think he was that great. After watching the youtube montages and seeing the quotes from people he works with 'the Messi of goalkeepers', he has got to be somethng special, I think that this could be totally game changing for us.

Our weaknesses over the years has been a solid, world class, goalkeeper. Grobbellaar was my hero growing up and as crazy as he was, he was one hell of a keeper. The closest we've had to him since the early 90's has been Reina.

I have had excitement in the last couple of years looking forward to games with the back of my mind trying to keep me ready for the inevitable loss against a bottom 5 club. The football we have played has been out of this world.

With the midfield additions I thought that we were done and giving Karius the benefit of doubt for another year. This is just unbelievable. What a statement.

Im a 44 year old man and I couldn't get to sleep last night after hearing we had signed Alisson! Get a grip! Whats going on!!

Roll on the beginning of the season. If we can get Fekir done it will just be a dream. No excuses now though!

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #298 on: July 20, 2018, 09:42:07 am »
I love that in Italy he was conceding lot less than expected goals predicted he would but this also goes back to Brazil, very encouraging.
He's not a finished product yet, I think once he turns most of his parries into catches he'll be on Ddg level for good.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #299 on: July 20, 2018, 09:43:41 am »
I'm honestly buzzing.

Klopp has brought back something special to Liverpool, that "feeling" around the club and matchdays etc... these signings... man... the future is looking good, really good, I hope we go far and the project bears fruit.

I cannot believe how buzzing I am for a signing like this - also the fact that Klopp says the owners were super excited to sign one of the best goalies in the world that the price wasn't even an issue, love it.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: July 20, 2018, 09:46:28 am »
He's got a girls name, we shouldn't have signed him on that alone.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: July 20, 2018, 09:48:47 am »
Achterberg finally has a world class GK to work with. Big test for him now.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: July 20, 2018, 09:50:28 am »
Seems really comfortable speaking English so communication shouldn't be an issue with the back four.

Offline Modroxter

• Main Stander
« Reply #303 on: July 20, 2018, 09:55:58 am »
Great signing for the club, it is not his size, his distribution, throwing ball to players, kicking to players, starting attacks, catches the ball, parries to the side and the one that sets him apart is his reaction times. Some of the double saves outstanding especially the one whilst lying using his right foot from right at goal. Going to save as 10-15 points a season. Bring on the league

Offline Modroxter

• Main Stander
« Reply #304 on: July 20, 2018, 09:57:02 am »
Achterberg finally has a world class GK to work with. Big test for him now.

Alisson will be teaching John not the other way about

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: July 20, 2018, 10:04:59 am »
Such a satisfying transfer. Also another Brazilian, and someone who seems like a good guy too. Married to a doctor. Love the clip of Klopp gatecrashing his interview, he speaks a bit of English too which will be useful.

No number yet? Reckon he's waiting for number 22.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #306 on: July 20, 2018, 10:08:20 am »
He has got great reflexes and composure that helps him deal with tricky situations, including parrying the ball in at times. What I've observed is, he takes his decision based on whether the attacker is isolated or not, if there's a defender covering he never rushes out. His range of passing is probably as good as the next line of great Sweeper Keepers in ter Stegen and Ederson and comes off the line very quickly if he notices that his defenders are outnumbered.

His touch can be a little heavy at times, but he's got fantastic composure and out of the box quick thinking that helps him deal with the situations. Also, our Roma have a good set-up (like City's) to help their GK have outlets. Their defenders and midfielders keep moving when needed to provide the GK the correct angles for him to pass to. This is something Henderson, Milner (& the departed Can) are weak at, it will be interesting to how Fabinho & Keita deal with it & how much Lovren & Van Dijk pass it back to him to get the ball out.

He's much better than Ederson at shot-stopping, so we've got something of an all-rounder here, not far away from VVD and Keita in their respective positions.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 10:16:44 am by PoetryInMotion »

Offline TealC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: July 20, 2018, 10:12:43 am »
How cool would it be If he chose to have Ramses on the shirt  ;D

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: July 20, 2018, 10:13:41 am »
This signing makes me very happy.

Quality.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #309 on: July 20, 2018, 10:15:24 am »
How cool would it be If he chose to have Ramses on the shirt  ;D

Only room for one Pharaoh at the club.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #310 on: July 20, 2018, 10:16:20 am »
He's got a girls name, we shouldn't have signed him on that alone.
And his brother is called Muriel. I kid you not. Their dad must have been looking in the wrong section of that second hand book of baby names.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Red Impact

• Kemlynite
« Reply #311 on: July 20, 2018, 10:17:41 am »
Welcome buddy 😎👊🏼

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: July 20, 2018, 10:18:45 am »
And his brother is called Muriel. I kid you not. Their dad must have been looking in the wrong section of that second hand book of baby names.

His Dad must be a big Johnny Cash fan.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: July 20, 2018, 10:22:08 am »
Late greet from the travelling 'cuzz's. Welcome and huzzahs!
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: July 20, 2018, 10:23:37 am »
Welcome. His English is a lot better than I was expecting, which is pretty cool.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: July 20, 2018, 10:25:09 am »
Welcome Ramses! Cannot wait for the new season to start. Fair play to FSG, Edwards and especially Klopp, the transformation of this team and this club since he took over is quite unbelievable.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: July 20, 2018, 10:28:53 am »
Imagine this team up against peak 08-09 Liverpool.

Yeah. Miles better innit? ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #317 on: July 20, 2018, 10:33:17 am »
I had given up on us signing a top quality goalkeeper this window, the only options seemed to be Alisson and Oblak both seem unrealistic just last week. Now we've got one and we've got the right one for how we want to play. Exciting times ahead we've got a really strong side now.

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: July 20, 2018, 10:41:22 am »
New top class GK signing and a beautiful home goalkeeper kit.

Is this the first time in about 20 years I'll be buying a goalkeeper kit!?!!
YNWA.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: July 20, 2018, 10:46:35 am »
Welcome. His English is a lot better than I was expecting, which is pretty cool.
Yeah but does he speak Brazilianese?