Author Topic: PL:Liverpool 3 v 0 Palace Mane 43' Mo 78' Naby 89'  (Read 22559 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL:Liverpool 3 v 0 Palace Mane 43' Mo 78' Naby 89'
« Reply #200 on: September 18, 2021, 05:20:47 pm »
3 goals, and 3 points after an intense game in midweek, yes please. Shame about Thiago's injury hopefully it's not serious.

Given the changes made, especially at the back, its not a surprise it was a bit scrappy in the 2nd half.

Salah, no words can describe him

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: September 18, 2021, 05:22:38 pm »
You  know what, nornally I agree, and it’s very rare of me to even say it to be honest these days, which is reason enough to know he was shit  ;D He was bloody awful from start to finish.

I know who he is, I don't listen to any football podcast, but him being on one doesn’t automatically mean he’s a good commenator.

I’m not saying he’s a good pundit, I just doubt he was cheering Palace on.

Anyway, it doesn’t matter, made up the reds won, even better to see that City got a last minute winner disallowed.

Online Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: September 18, 2021, 05:23:41 pm »
League titles coming home 😎

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: September 18, 2021, 05:25:12 pm »
Everything went through Salah today. He's a great focal point when Firmino isn't playing. Strong, calm and always plays the smartest passing option. He very rarely loses the ball as well despite 90% of defenders ripping off the shirt off his back.

Jota had a quiet game. He can be a strange player at times when it comes to his passing game. He's got the occasional eye for a lovely sweeping counter attacking pass but his short passing can sometimes be very erratic. He seems to thrive a lot more of instinct in his game than most

basically a work in progress. he has already added headed goals since his wolves days. His link up play probably needs some work. Wont be at bobby's world class level but generally workable in the squad.  He  had a rapid start to the season but a bit off the boil now. Thankfully we have mane and salah.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: September 18, 2021, 05:26:27 pm »
And city drop, again at home to a middling team.

Some shaky moments but hopefully another step towards shutting down this nonsense that we've got a first 11 and nothing else.

3rd/4th choice Centre half, 2nd/3rd choice RB, 2nd choice LB = clean sheet and three points. Naby coming on for Thiago and scoring a belter, Jones coming on and looking completely at home. Mane building and building confidence. Origi loved by the match going fans and contributing here and there. Trent, Robbo, Gomez, Matip, Bobby not there at all.

If someone's winning this league other than us I reckon they need to break 90.
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: September 18, 2021, 05:26:49 pm »
Best forward in Europe at the moment.
Lewandowski is unquestionably. Mo second. ;)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: September 18, 2021, 05:27:07 pm »
Milner, what a player. My MoTM. Wobbled a bit and needed help from the manager mid way through the second half, but Klopp did equally well and made a change to give him a breather. Some say the score flatters us. I disagree. That's a brilliant performance and result all round. If someone finishes above us this year, they'll be champions.

Nah Salah was MOTM. Milner played well in parts, but was also caught up twice that lead to them having chances.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #207 on: September 18, 2021, 05:30:04 pm »
Andy Madeley has a strange game - he got conned by a number of dives, notably by Gallagher, but also Ayew and inevitably, Saha. Yet he allowed a number of late tackles, presumably because of the new directive. Anyway he was suitably crap, i.e - in keeping with the general standard, and on a par with the dreadful Mike Dean last night.

He was shit. Nitpicking, contradictory and easily conned. Just like his brother Bobby was (and he was arguably the worst referee in the PL at his peak). A Palace player falls down and it was an automatic free-kick. Mitchell and Kouyate should have easily both been booked for cynical late tackles. Absolutely no consistency, just allowing all sorts of reckless behaviour to happen.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: September 18, 2021, 05:30:35 pm »
Brilliant. We've clearly found gears to move into after that shitstorm patch of form we had last season between January and March. Dug it out last 10 games of the season and now opening up and playing with freedom and also control for most of the game. Tough few games coming up but we've started really well.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: September 18, 2021, 05:30:53 pm »
Gritty performance for the win at the back of a tight midweek european night. Palace gave a good go but we showed our experience, toughness and know how to get a comfortable win eventually and kept a clean sheet. We showed how solid is our depth too.

The other teams have to be very, very outstanding if they are going to win this league. We are looking like one hell of a team at the moment
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: September 18, 2021, 05:31:14 pm »
1 goal conceded in 5 matches. We'll end up with 7 in my calculations when the season is over.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: September 18, 2021, 05:33:47 pm »
For us he's on 99.. he's on 101 PL goals in total.. got 2 for the plastics back in the day..

Whoooosh
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: September 18, 2021, 05:34:19 pm »
Haven’t seen any of the match yet, did the Thiago injury look bad?

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: September 18, 2021, 05:35:29 pm »
Haven’t seen any of the match yet, did the Thiago injury look bad?

Klopp:

"he felt his calf, don't know yet but hopefully nothing too serious"

It didn't look like much in the game to be honest

Online NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #214 on: September 18, 2021, 05:36:06 pm »
Maybe unpopular opinion. Another credit, Conor Gallagher. Hardworking display and 21 years old. Going to have a bright future, I think.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: September 18, 2021, 05:37:26 pm »
Hopefully he's alright, this already has a feel of one of them seasons injury wise. Again. And that's the only thing that can stop us winning the league comfortably.

At least the first derby isn't till late November

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: September 18, 2021, 05:40:56 pm »
Hopefully he's alright, this already has a feel of one of them seasons injury wise. Again. And that's the only thing that can stop us winning the league comfortably.

At least the first derby isn't till late November

Interesting this because its exactly where my head went when he got subbed. Think in the post match calmer space my heads in now that I'm still just scarred from last season and thinking that it's gonna keep happening. Think it's too early to say its anytjing like last season which I still don't think is fully appreciated in terms of how unprecented it was.

Wouldn't be averse to us trying to get a DM in though. Out of everyone (bar Salah/Van Dijk and Alli) losing Fab is the one that worries me immensely.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #217 on: September 18, 2021, 05:45:50 pm »
Great performance.

No idea why players whip their shirts off after scoring a goal though, they know full well what's coming after, just sheer stupidity.

Klopp on Salah only ever getting a yellow for taking his shirt off:
"I remember the one against Man United, I was close to pulling my shirt off that night!" [LFCTV]

Offline lamad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: September 18, 2021, 05:46:10 pm »
Lewandowski is unquestionably. Mo second. ;)
Mo plays under a lot more pressure though considering the level of competition and defending when compared to what Bayern have to battle (or not) in the Bundesliga each week.

He was magnificent today, again. Such a huge joy watching him. Also loved Naby's goal and the celebration, although for a split second I wondered if it would not stand.  ;D

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: September 18, 2021, 05:46:38 pm »
Was out all day so followed it on here. Cheers Tepid for the updates.

A slight shuffle of the pack and still three points and a clean sheet so nowt really to complain about.  City dropping points as well so a decent afternoon all round.  Onwards.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #220 on: September 18, 2021, 05:48:04 pm »
I like the fact that Naby's goal celebration means he is now the same height as Virgil.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #221 on: September 18, 2021, 05:50:22 pm »
"I remember the one against Man United, I was close to pulling my shirt off that night!" [LFCTV]

Would have been obscene not to take his shirt off then.

Today, Palace at home in September, seemed a bit strange...  ;D

My suspicion is he's trying to time his 5 yellows such that he's suspended for the game he misses due to Afcon. Such a pro....

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #222 on: September 18, 2021, 05:50:35 pm »
Just do it after the film time whistle, everyone still sees your titties but you don't pick up a ban after 4 more cards before a potentially important game.

Chill, Salah's has had 5 yellow cards in his career.  He won't be picking up another 4 this year.
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #223 on: September 18, 2021, 05:50:55 pm »
We rested both fullbacks ..

A luxury we didn’t expect to get away with
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #224 on: September 18, 2021, 05:53:01 pm »
:lmao Gets funnier the more I see it
The reaction initially made me worry the linesman had put his flag up or something
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: September 18, 2021, 05:53:35 pm »
Good game and Palace played well. However for those who said that the scoreline was flattering…….that’s why we were Champions and Palace are where they are……it’s about quality players who can finish.

While Palace certainly did have some chances for once and you could sort of see why people might suggest the scoreline flattered us, if you look at the shots and possession we were a long way ahead of them overall, perhaps 4-1 would have possibly been more representative, but we bought the best goalie in the world for a reason.   8)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: September 18, 2021, 05:54:48 pm »

Its a ridiculous rule, its not like they are a bunch of fat bastards (Luke Shaw excepted)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #227 on: September 18, 2021, 05:55:25 pm »
Maybe unpopular opinion. Another credit, Conor Gallagher. Hardworking display and 21 years old. Going to have a bright future, I think.

I thought he did ok today. Above average but not outstanding. However he’s obviously a very good player and at 21 he has many years ahead of him.
#JFT97

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #228 on: September 18, 2021, 05:55:52 pm »
I’m not saying he’s a good pundit, I just doubt he was cheering Palace on.

Anyway, it doesn’t matter, made up the reds won, even better to see that City got a last minute winner disallowed.

When we were 2-0 up, he said Palace deserve something from this game, at least a goal. What shite was that?

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: September 18, 2021, 05:57:44 pm »
The reaction initially made me worry the linesman had put his flag up or something

same. i thought it was disallowed.

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #230 on: September 18, 2021, 05:59:02 pm »
A very nice solid win for the boys today.  We looked a bit leggy for a period in the second half, but that's not unexpected given our midweek effort and the way Palace are looking to play this year.

5 games played, 4 clean sheets and only 1 goal scored against us so far.   A very nice start for us and if we can take care of Brentford next weekend it will setup an interesting match against City.
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: September 18, 2021, 05:59:10 pm »

Stephen Warnock on the commentry, one of the worst I have ever heard. Clueless and cheerleading for Palace the whole way.
Yes !

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #232 on: September 18, 2021, 05:59:39 pm »
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #233 on: September 18, 2021, 06:00:48 pm »
I thought he did ok today. Above average but not outstanding. However he’s obviously a very good player and at 21 he has many years ahead of him.
Good, but a bit of a cheat. That dive for the foul at the edge of the box... He's always had that in him.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #234 on: September 18, 2021, 06:01:46 pm »
Stephen Warnock on the commentry, one of the worst I have ever heard. Clueless and cheerleading for Palace the whole way.

And once for Southampton, though we weren't playing them.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: September 18, 2021, 06:07:32 pm »
We rested both fullbacks ..

A luxury we didn’t expect to get away with

TAA was ill right? Not quite a rest.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #236 on: September 18, 2021, 06:10:16 pm »
Too good not to share.  8)

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #237 on: September 18, 2021, 06:14:13 pm »
Really enjoyable game. Think they are so much better than under Roy.

Great performance and an excellent win. We played some great stuff and just kept the pressure on, the few defensive mix ups were forgivable given the completely new back 4. Konate grew into the game and played well. Great goal from Naby but I still can't believe Jota's miss!

The number of times Zaha went to ground was just stupid, no wonder he doesn't get some obvious fouls, he spends his time falling over and then chasing the ref around to complain.
Overall the ref was weird, gave some ridiculously soft ones and ignored probable yellow card tackles - just bizarre. Lino on the main stand side was shite too. First time I have sat there in a while and it was astonishing how often he was not up with play and missed really clear offsides that carried on.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: September 18, 2021, 06:15:49 pm »
Not just a great team, a great squad. players coming in and out match to match. fantastic. Kontate very solid, reminded me of Van Dijk the way he shepherds players away rather than diving in and giving easy penalties away.
Poor city. he he
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: September 18, 2021, 06:20:45 pm »
Another Chelsea graduate on loan to be sold for 20-25 million next summer.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."