Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 210400 times)

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #360 on: June 25, 2019, 11:26:18 am »
Playing Ori and the Blind Forest to clear through some backlog. Phenomenal game, one of the best ever made in my opinion. Art design, sound design, music. Level designs are fantastic and they require some serious thinking in order to get through. Absolutely blown away by this game and I can't wait for the next one when it comes out

Finished this last night. Just wow. The last level is tough but when it's done it's so rewarding. 10/10 game
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 09:35:55 am by ScottScott »

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: July 8, 2019, 11:42:47 am »
I've fired up the remastered HD remake PS4 version of 'Shadow of the Colossus'

Loving it.

5 out of 16 Colossi down. :)

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #362 on: July 9, 2019, 08:59:56 am »
Got Sniper Elite 4 and The Long Dark on the steam sale.

Sniper Elite is pretty fun, solid FPS so far. Good graphics, I have never played any other games in the series but the shooting mechanics seem spot on. Story is kinda meh but can't complain.

The Long Dark is a survival game. I really like the visual style, the ambiance and  the music. Unlike most survival games they really seemed to have put a lot of effort into story and dialogue. The voice acting is top notch. In general a very well made and beautiful game. Highly recommended.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #363 on: July 9, 2019, 09:56:31 am »
Have finished Hitman (the reboot) which has been in my steam library for a while, but after playing the first four missions or so, I never bothered to continue. Have started Hitman2 now and have done the first mission. I'm still not sure whether I like the bigger environments compared to the older games. Will play all the missions once before going back to complete the other "storylines" or whatever the various ways you can kill your targets are called...

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #364 on: July 10, 2019, 11:39:25 am »
Kerbal Space Program.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline ScottScott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: July 10, 2019, 11:40:49 am »
I'm struggling to find a game to jump into. I've got RDR2 to finish which I haven't been on in a few weeks after playing it non-stop for 2 weeks so that will probably be next up. After that though I need to find something on GamePass to play

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: July 14, 2019, 11:57:27 am »
Really enjoying Assassin’s Creed Oddyssey. The map is enormous. I have kids so my gaming time is severely limited. Spent a week exploring the first region and thought I was making some progress. Turns out it was only a tutorial. Hopefully I will be done when Cyberpunk comes out in a year.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #367 on: July 15, 2019, 08:50:23 am »
Assassin's Creed Origins discovery tour. fantastic addition to a game, can't wait for the Odyssey version

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #368 on: July 15, 2019, 10:19:19 am »
Trying to get back into Monster Hunter World on PS4 but have no one to play with, I am HR 65 and want to get to 100 but the leveling up is tediously slow, saw a guy who was HR 550+yesterday and just makes me wonder how some people are highly tolerant to repetitiveness/boredom

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: July 16, 2019, 06:08:36 pm »
Been giving Mankind divided another play through.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #370 on: July 29, 2019, 12:14:05 pm »

Finished Divinity: Original Sin, moved onto a replay of Pillars of Eternity (1st time on XB1) and have finally got round to buying Diablo 3.

They`re not all exactly the same game, but played in the same ballpark.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: August 19, 2019, 09:37:53 pm »
Playing Ori and the Blind Forest to clear through some backlog. Phenomenal game, one of the best ever made in my opinion. Art design, sound design, music. Level designs are fantastic and they require some serious thinking in order to get through. Absolutely blown away by this game and I can't wait for the next one when it comes out

Finished this last night. Just wow. The last level is tough but when it's done it's so rewarding. 10/10 game

This has been announced for the Switch. Can't wait.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #372 on: August 19, 2019, 10:47:27 pm »

Loved that game, sequel not a million miles away.

Also looking forward to the Hollow Knight sequel.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: August 21, 2019, 11:04:02 am »
Mafia 3, got it with PlayStation Plus, not bad, quite repetitive though.
Division 2 - Still dip my toe into this now and again, good looters shooter.
Forza 6 - Free with Games with Gold and I bought the ultimate upgrade heavily discounted (down from 79.99-3.99),unbelievable amount of add ons/cars/expansions etc, really enjoying it.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: August 21, 2019, 05:43:40 pm »
Papers Please, an indy game. It’s an immigration control/border security sim. It’s absurd and extremely entertaining at the same time. Feels good supporting independent developers on Steam from time to time and not always the AAA publishers

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #375 on: August 21, 2019, 10:10:19 pm »
Papers Please, an indy game. It’s an immigration control/border security sim. It’s absurd and extremely entertaining at the same time. Feels good supporting independent developers on Steam from time to time and not always the AAA publishers

I#m playing that, it's ace ;D

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: August 22, 2019, 07:25:46 am »
Papers please is a great little game and it shows you don't need all the fancy stuff to make a good game.
I'd also mention Rimworld and Prison Architect as good little indie games where the developers got it right in terms of early access.

Offline ScottScott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: August 22, 2019, 09:40:05 am »
Mafia 3, got it with PlayStation Plus, not bad, quite repetitive though.
Division 2 - Still dip my toe into this now and again, good looters shooter.
Forza 6 - Free with Games with Gold and I bought the ultimate upgrade heavily discounted (down from 79.99-3.99),unbelievable amount of add ons/cars/expansions etc, really enjoying it.

Just bought this myself. It's being taken off the store in September so wanted to get the full experience. The amount you're getting for £3.99 is unreal, it's robbery

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: August 22, 2019, 03:56:13 pm »

After 35 years i got round to trying Elite (Dangerous) again.

Thank goodness for docking computers!

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: August 22, 2019, 05:41:07 pm »

Yeah, the docking computer is essential for me I have to say, my manual landing is awful, great game though.

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: August 22, 2019, 08:42:55 pm »

It wasn't that bad in Elite Dangerous. In the original on the other hand... Holy fuck. That was always the first thing I wanted to get...

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: August 23, 2019, 08:53:35 am »
It wasn't that bad in Elite Dangerous. In the original on the other hand... Holy fuck. That was always the first thing I wanted to get...

I did land first time safely, no fines or anything, thanks to the better sensors and actual rendered 3D graphics  ;)

I didn`t even realise my first ship would come with navigational & docking assist.

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #382 on: August 27, 2019, 04:37:46 pm »
Just finished replaying Arkham City via the PS4 Return to Arkham game.

Was then and still is now one of my favourite games of all time.

Arkham Knight after it was amazingly shit.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #383 on: August 27, 2019, 09:12:23 pm »
Oddly I’ve just replayed Arkham Knight again (with my son helping this time) and thought it was great. Much better than the first time too

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: August 27, 2019, 10:33:52 pm »
Started playing Last Of us again on PS Now this afternoon.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #385 on: August 28, 2019, 09:39:01 am »
Sat the other day a wee bit bored wondering what to play and in an moment on innate genius I dredged up a memory of not being able to play Journey on release because at the time I didn't own a PS....what a lovely couple hours that was!

Bought Control yesterday....at about 30 minutes in I was thinking, "this may have been a mistake".....another 7.5 hours later and I'm thinking, "just one more mission", versus, "go to bed you fucking idiot!". Excellent stuff!

Personally feel it's one of the best games of recent memory. Can't wait for Will O The Wisp! 8) 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 10:00:20 am by Titi Camara »

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #386 on: August 28, 2019, 10:11:36 am »
Oddly I’ve just replayed Arkham Knight again (with my son helping this time) and thought it was great. Much better than the first time too

I just remember being miffed that they seemed to move away from the 'stalk in the shadows' taking out the bad guys one by one aspect of the Arkham series, to go full-on with racing the batmobile, blowing up robots and driving up the side of buildings. Thats just not what Batman is about.

Also, the storyline constraint of not having Joker as the main villain of the game just didn't work as well. Once I finished the game I quickly sold it on and never wanted to play it again unlike Arkham City which I completed 3 times first time round and again just recently.
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #387 on: August 28, 2019, 10:19:02 am »
Which was the god awful one where every other mission was a stupid batmobile battle?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #388 on: August 28, 2019, 10:58:13 am »
I loved the jokers role in Arkham Knight!!

I didn’t mind batmobile stuff except for when it became tank stealth which was horrible

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: August 28, 2019, 02:52:17 pm »
Finished Detroit Become Human the other day, just returned to Shadow of the Tomb Raider to complete all the DLC tombs that I paid for when I bought the deluxe edition. Really want to pick up a platinum in at least one of them but Detroit would require at least 2 more playthroughs.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #390 on: August 28, 2019, 06:13:03 pm »
I did land first time safely, no fines or anything, thanks to the better sensors and actual rendered 3D graphics  ;)

I didn`t even realise my first ship would come with navigational & docking assist.

Made me log in for the first time in ages. Tempted to grind out the Imperial ships now. Didn't use to be automated exits from stations did it? Can't remember having that on easy mode when trying to squeeze a Python through a letterbox. AI ships used to ram it so frequently that I ended up painting it purple so it would be properly invisible and then decided that Asp X was just far more fun to play. Courier and Cobra MkIII (Rolls Royce Merlins in that) are also a ton of fun to dogfight in.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #391 on: August 28, 2019, 06:42:59 pm »
Made me log in for the first time in ages. Tempted to grind out the Imperial ships now. Didn't use to be automated exits from stations did it? Can't remember having that on easy mode when trying to squeeze a Python through a letterbox. AI ships used to ram it so frequently that I ended up painting it purple so it would be properly invisible and then decided that Asp X was just far more fun to play. Courier and Cobra MkIII (Rolls Royce Merlins in that) are also a ton of fun to dogfight in.

They added the docking computer and supercruise assist module as standard on all new ships (maybe existing ships as well?) in the April update

I usually sell them if I need to free up slots for other things, the docking computer is OK for big ships but anything small shouldn't need it if you're a half decent pilot, found the supercruise assist slower but it does cut out the loop of shame if you're not paying attention on a long run to a station

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #392 on: August 28, 2019, 08:00:29 pm »
They added the docking computer and supercruise assist module as standard on all new ships (maybe existing ships as well?) in the April update

I usually sell them if I need to free up slots for other things, the docking computer is OK for big ships but anything small shouldn't need it if you're a half decent pilot, found the supercruise assist slower but it does cut out the loop of shame if you're not paying attention on a long run to a station

Ah thank you. Will dig those out cos there's a few other changes which have been niggling. (Extra optional slots on some ships or did I log out in the middle of refitting? And exploration seems to have changed too...).

Size is weird, yeah. I've got a docking computer in a 3 slot on my Python currently which is irritating me far more than it really should - agree with you that it's not really needed for most ships, although Python's handling isn't my favorite part of flying one. I've not bothered with the supercruise. I'll take the shame of overshooting on a 400ly supercruise... isn't anything to the secret shame of only checking half-way through whether or not there's a market at the end of it...

Have some time this week so think I'll just grind out some rep and cash with the Python. Would be a bit more up for it if they'd managed to shrink the Clipper a bit so it could use medium pads so it was more of an alternative to the Python for general messing about.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: August 28, 2019, 08:50:45 pm »
Started playing Last Of us again on PS Now this afternoon.
Oh..that game blew me away. I had nightmares and found it emotionally challenging to play at times. I had just become a father to a daughter which may have had something to do with it.

Can’t wait for part two.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: August 29, 2019, 08:23:33 am »
Oh..that game blew me away. I had nightmares and found it emotionally challenging to play at times. I had just become a father to a daughter which may have had something to do with it.

Can’t wait for part two.

My mate played it with his teenage daughter with similar results.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #395 on: August 29, 2019, 09:09:17 am »
Now I am travelling a bit for work I have been on my Switch more, Grandia is giving me so much nostalgia it is genuinely making me happy even though the HD remaster could deffo have been done better, they only touched up some sprites but not all but it is so great.

Xenosaga 2 as well and Fire Emblem Three Houses but I have not yet started that

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #396 on: August 29, 2019, 11:04:33 am »
Ah thank you. Will dig those out cos there's a few other changes which have been niggling. (Extra optional slots on some ships or did I log out in the middle of refitting? And exploration seems to have changed too...).

Size is weird, yeah. I've got a docking computer in a 3 slot on my Python currently which is irritating me far more than it really should - agree with you that it's not really needed for most ships, although Python's handling isn't my favorite part of flying one. I've not bothered with the supercruise. I'll take the shame of overshooting on a 400ly supercruise... isn't anything to the secret shame of only checking half-way through whether or not there's a market at the end of it...

Have some time this week so think I'll just grind out some rep and cash with the Python. Would be a bit more up for it if they'd managed to shrink the Clipper a bit so it could use medium pads so it was more of an alternative to the Python for general messing about.

Even worse when you fly to an outpost in something like an anaconda, do a loop of shame before dropping out only to remember they don't have large pads ;D

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #397 on: August 29, 2019, 08:26:32 pm »
Even worse when you fly to an outpost in something like an anaconda, do a loop of shame before dropping out only to remember they don't have large pads ;D

;D

Yeah, that's the sort of thing I'd be doing every other run trying to give up my 'minor outpost missions' addiction. I still need to graduate to the big ships so got that to look forward to. More shame. ;)

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: August 30, 2019, 08:31:56 am »

I`ve enjoyed flying out a few a dozen jumps from the starting point after obtaining the bigger cargo-bayed Cobra III and have adopted a new home system.

I`ve taken to doing missions, mostly for influence and reputation, but often bite off more than i can chew; picking up those black box canisters and taking cargo to trade as i do so. The trouble is when i`ve accepted 4, 5 or 6 of them and attracting enemies. I`ve lost 500k or so more than once. I guess that`s what greed gets you!

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: September 5, 2019, 05:23:05 am »
Finally got around to playing Assassin's Creed Origins (will have a bash at Odyssey after if my CPU doesn't melt before then).  Say what you want about Ubisoft - and there are many legitimate gripes about microtransactions and optimization -  but they built an absolutely beautiful open world for this game.  Really enjoying it thus far.