Author Topic: Jose Manuel Reina  (Read 273131 times)

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
Re: Jose Manuel Reina
« Reply #2440 on: January 12, 2012, 12:09:51 am »
There were people saying we should sell him?

And one particular bright spark who suggested we sign dutch keepers cos they last longer.... he might be talking about cheese though...

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #2441 on: January 12, 2012, 10:34:30 am »
First of all, I love Pepe.
Second of all, my missus loves Pepe.
Thirdly, I wouldn't want to change him for anyone.

Now that we've got that clear. does anyone think that he's put on a bit of weight? Or is it just that grey kit that's not very flattering?
Also, he did look a little shaky a couple of times again last night but pulled off four great moments, the save from Richards, the save/block from Aguero, the save/block from Johnson's cross, and the throw to Henderson.
Finally, Joe Hart impressed again last night. He and Pepe for me are head and shoulders above the rest of the league.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2442 on: January 12, 2012, 10:38:09 am »
I wish people would stop making this shit up!
A few people said he didn't have a good game in the 3-0 defeat against City (and maybe one complete lunatic took an extreme view), and suddenly people start defending him against all these imaginary people who say he should be dropped or sold!
Someone thought we should buy Vorm, and a few pages back, another one said we should drop him and try out Doni. You're right that not many thought so, but I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine those posts.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 10:41:56 am by Roger Federer »

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2443 on: January 12, 2012, 10:41:42 am »
Also, he did look a little shaky a couple of times again last night.
When was that? Thought he did everything right yesterday.

And I must say Hart did too. He's an excellent keeper right now, like you say, him and Reina are far ahead of of the rest in the league.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #2444 on: January 12, 2012, 10:43:25 am »
When was that? Thought he did everything right yesterday.

And I must say Hart did too. He's an excellent keeper right now, like you say, him and Reina are far ahead of of the rest in the league.

A couple of crosses came over second half where he looked like he shat his pants, the one where Johnson chested it down springs to mind. I think it was more to do with his ricket there last week than anything else.

Like I said, four big moments and a clean sheet ain't bad at the league leaders home ground!
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #2445 on: January 12, 2012, 10:45:00 am »
Claudio had a quiet game really, which is nice. 
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline S7ARZ

• Legacy Fan
  • 25/05/05
« Reply #2446 on: January 12, 2012, 10:46:27 am »
Claudio had a quiet game really, which is nice.

;D

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2447 on: January 12, 2012, 11:40:46 am »
That performance will have buried any misgivings he has about his form.
Same ground as he made the error last week, solid general performance with crucial, game defining saves.

I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #2448 on: January 12, 2012, 06:54:35 pm »
Reina is still class. I'm not sure we've got the best coach for him, though. I could be well off here, but his game isn't as tight since Valero left. What's Clemence up to these days?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #2449 on: January 12, 2012, 07:40:34 pm »
Reina is still class. I'm not sure we've got the best coach for him, though. I could be well off here, but his game isn't as tight since Valero left. What's Clemence up to these days?

Isn't Clemence a coach with the English NT? Could be wrong though. But yeah, Pepe's game has fallen down a couple of notches since Valero left.

Offline GEMSTAR58

• Kopite
  • Liverpool was made for me and i for liverpool.
« Reply #2450 on: January 17, 2012, 12:45:45 am »
that throw to henderson was sublime

Henderson's run was equally sublime

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2451 on: January 17, 2012, 02:35:43 am »
Pepe is pretty much the only way I can get my girlfriend interested in football. Whenever we play Fifa, she brings him out constantly just because she likes him to have the ball.

For this, Pepe, I thank you.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2452 on: January 17, 2012, 02:37:56 am »

The better question should be what is Valero up to these days?

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2453 on: January 17, 2012, 03:07:42 am »
Pepe is pretty much the only way I can get my girlfriend interested in

haha i was wondering where this was going...

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2454 on: January 17, 2012, 03:29:22 am »
haha i was wondering where this was going...

I have a mask of his face for other occasions.

Offline LiverPete

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2455 on: January 17, 2012, 03:41:16 am »
Reina did well when Aguero was through, he kept him under pressure till his shot was off. He has however not been as good as he used to be in the last few games. The opening (vs City in the League) goal is on his account and also he used to save a few penalties, which has not happened since I don't know when.
The saved header in the vs. City game was good but it just went straight at him..

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #2456 on: January 17, 2012, 07:10:50 am »
I wish people would stop making this shit up!
A few people said he didn't have a good game in the 3-0 defeat against City (and maybe one complete lunatic took an extreme view), and suddenly people start defending him against all these imaginary people who say he should be dropped or sold!
Great to see him looking his usual solid self tonight, he didn't have much to do tonight due to a fine defensive display, but when he was called upon, then he did a fine job. His narrowing of the angle when Aguero was through was perhaps even more impressive than his save from the corner.
Check the Sig. As has been noted, Vorm was also touted as a better replacement.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #2457 on: January 26, 2012, 12:50:06 am »
Who's also expecting a Camarero version if we win the final?
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline klobutruck33

• Anny Roader
  • MELLORRRRRR!
« Reply #2458 on: January 26, 2012, 01:18:16 am »
I'd love to see Reina lead the celebrations if we win the final  ;D
He's only on loan,
he's only on loannnn,
Rafa Benitez,
he'll be coming back home!

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2459 on: January 26, 2012, 01:43:14 am »
Nothing he could do really for the two goals. He will go on a three day bender if we win the final, he's a nutter.

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #2460 on: January 26, 2012, 01:45:39 am »
met a girl this weekend who did interviews for some spanish tv channel. she said reina is a total legend (as we all knew) . he would crack jokes with anyone and everyone. out of all the players hes the one she remembers the most. said iniesta is a timid little thing who hardly looks up, messi is shy, eto (this is when he was at barca) is a total and utter knob.

Offline GEMSTAR58

• Kopite
  • Liverpool was made for me and i for liverpool.
« Reply #2461 on: January 26, 2012, 09:07:20 am »
Reina is an absolute legend. End of story!

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #2462 on: January 26, 2012, 09:09:46 am »
met a girl this weekend who did interviews for some spanish tv channel. she said reina is a total legend (as we all knew) . he would crack jokes with anyone and everyone. out of all the players hes the one she remembers the most. said iniesta is a timid little thing who hardly looks up, messi is shy, eto (this is when he was at barca) is a total and utter knob.

Iniesta was suffering from depression was he not?

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #2463 on: January 26, 2012, 11:21:43 am »

Happy with the performance of the team but mainly of the pride of this team!! We are a bit closer to a trophy now... Is going to be great to play in Wembley in a month time!!! Now bring on the Mancs... Looking forward to see and feel the stadium like last night... Those are the great magic nights Anfield is capable of... Big Hug!

now bring on the Mancs! brilliant Pepe!! ;D
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2464 on: January 26, 2012, 08:41:36 pm »
Nice one Pepe, bring it on!
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline reddd10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2465 on: January 26, 2012, 09:07:32 pm »

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2466 on: January 26, 2012, 10:20:19 pm »

Didn't he leave Inter when Rafa did - don't know if he has moved anywhere else though.

Agree with comments about Pepe.  He is still a brilliant goalie, but has slipped slightly from his usual high standards.  Maybe it would be good if his coaching was reviewed.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2467 on: January 26, 2012, 10:25:10 pm »
Who's also expecting a Camarero version if we win the final?
I'd love to see this!

I'd also love to see Lucas lifting the cup with Pepe and Gerrard (the cup has three ears, right?).
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2468 on: January 28, 2012, 01:35:53 pm »
I don't want to push the panic button or anywhere near it, but Pepe is letting goals a bit easily this season. The first clear cut chance/shot on goal , and it almost 50% of the times results in a goal.
I think, his distribution is fantastic, but his basic goal keeping has definitely gone down a notch or two.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2469 on: January 29, 2012, 05:02:53 am »
Should be our next keeper for the next decade.  8)
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2470 on: January 29, 2012, 05:43:28 am »
I don't want to push the panic button or anywhere near it, but Pepe is letting goals a bit easily this season. The first clear cut chance/shot on goal , and it almost 50% of the times results in a goal.

That's because Pepe's smart enough to snuff out most things before they game a clear cut chance or shot on goal, his positional play is that good. It's also why he doesn't make spectacular saves every game, because he doesn't get himself into situations where he's forced to do so.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2471 on: January 29, 2012, 06:44:57 am »
Just the ridiculously high standards he's set for himself. Still a fabulous keeper. The best sweeper keeper in the game today. Would be a treat at a team like Barcelona. He's so good at it, they wouldn't be required to play defenders.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #2472 on: January 29, 2012, 08:31:31 am »
I think, his distribution is fantastic, but his basic goal keeping has definitely gone down a notch or two.
dont understand what your trying to say?

sre you saying he should have done better with parks goal yesterday?

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2473 on: January 29, 2012, 11:13:01 am »
I kind of know what you are saying and sometimes feel the same way too.

I think what it comes down to is that he is not making the one-off miracle saves that you "hope" a top top goalkeeper will pull off. He did it v Chelsea in the League this year to win us that game but he hasn't done it too many times.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2474 on: January 29, 2012, 11:55:26 am »
I kind of know what you are saying and sometimes feel the same way too.

I think what it comes down to is that he is not making the one-off miracle saves that you "hope" a top top goalkeeper will pull off. He did it v Chelsea in the League this year to win us that game but he hasn't done it too many times.

I can live without miracle saves as long as the bread and butter stuff is done without error 100% of the time. You don't plan for miracle saves. But you do plan for the defensive unit to do all the anticipated things as planned, and if everyone does that, everyone will be confident everyone is doing their bit, and the team has a plan to build on.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2475 on: January 29, 2012, 12:03:45 pm »
I can live without miracle saves as long as the bread and butter stuff is done without error 100% of the time. You don't plan for miracle saves. But you do plan for the defensive unit to do all the anticipated things as planned, and if everyone does that, everyone will be confident everyone is doing their bit, and the team has a plan to build on.
I can live without the miracle saves too but I think that is what the guy was getting at.

It may well be that he is not flashy and does the basics well to avoid flashy saves but I am certainly not criticising him.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2476 on: January 29, 2012, 01:00:06 pm »
I can live without the miracle saves too but I think that is what the guy was getting at.

It may well be that he is not flashy and does the basics well to avoid flashy saves but I am certainly not criticising him.

I'm not arguing with you. I'm just reinforcing your point by pointing out how doing the basics reliably is more important for a goalkeeper.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #2477 on: January 29, 2012, 01:22:01 pm »
Who needs a sweeper eh? Love him.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #2478 on: January 31, 2012, 09:42:15 pm »
JimmyRiceWriter Jimmy Rice
Pepe Reina is now joint top of the clean sheet table with Vorm and Hart on 9.

:thumbup

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2479 on: January 31, 2012, 09:44:13 pm »
How great would it be to get him another Golden Glove this season? He deserves it.