Author Topic: STH FAN UPDATE - All 'The Dog Ate My ID" in here  (Read 115316 times)

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
Re: STH FAN UPDATE - All 'The Dog Ate My ID" in here
« Reply #320 on: March 11, 2020, 04:39:12 pm »
Surely no other club does this

It's no wonder we have a closed 30+ year waiting list
Literally a whole generation missing out.
YNWA

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #321 on: March 11, 2020, 04:57:22 pm »
Surely no other club does this

It's no wonder we have a closed 30+ year waiting list

We're the only club in this situation afaik, Spurs used to have a waiting list but not sure if they do now, so a fan of another club can just get an ST without any hassle.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline PJJ

• Main Stander
  • We won it 6 times in Madrid
« Reply #322 on: March 11, 2020, 05:00:21 pm »
Those who play by the rules are going to be punished.
If you pass the ticket on officially you lose the credit. Just pass the card to a mate and you don’t. Zero incentive to make this work.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #323 on: March 11, 2020, 05:11:49 pm »
I think people are confusing the current friends and family on the online system - where you can buy tickets for/with all your friends and family - with the new system of nominating six friends and family to who you can transfer a ticket if you can’t go.
Long live the King

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #324 on: March 11, 2020, 05:23:30 pm »
I think people are confusing the current friends and family on the online system - where you can buy tickets for/with all your friends and family - with the new system of nominating six friends and family to who you can transfer a ticket if you can’t go.
I probably am. They were just referred to as F&F so until it's more specific....I just thought they were one and the same
We are a team of one half.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #325 on: March 11, 2020, 06:18:51 pm »
We're the only club in this situation afaik, Spurs used to have a waiting list but not sure if they do now, so a fan of another club can just get an ST without any hassle.

Yeah. I know a lot of Utd fans unfortunately and they’ve binned their season ticket off knowing that they can just get another one whenever they want when the team is good again.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #326 on: March 11, 2020, 07:01:25 pm »
Literally a whole generation missing out.
will be more than one generation that’s the thing

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #327 on: March 12, 2020, 06:25:27 am »
will be more than one generation that’s the thing
Yeah. Not that I’m really in a position to get one, but if I wanted to there seems no prospect I’d have been able to get one in my lifetime. Mad that.
YNWA

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: March 12, 2020, 07:08:16 am »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-dorset-51832725

Attitudes to using someone else's seasie:

MCC: £10,000 fine and suspended prison sentence
LFC: Shall we change it into your name?

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #329 on: March 12, 2020, 08:18:10 am »

Hahaha Nevermind the thousands of fans who followed the rules, applied to be on a waiting list and have waited years to have one. Providing that the holder can confirm that you’re the person using it now don’t worry about joining a waiting list (which is oversubscribed and closed) we’ll just transfer it into your name   ::)

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #330 on: March 12, 2020, 02:28:24 pm »
Hahaha Nevermind the thousands of fans who followed the rules, applied to be on a waiting list and have waited years to have one. Providing that the holder can confirm that you’re the person using it now don’t worry about joining a waiting list (which is oversubscribed and closed) we’ll just transfer it into your name   ::)
exactly
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #331 on: March 12, 2020, 02:34:14 pm »

Its because LFC let people take out more than one season ticket in there name in the 90S whenn there was no demand and they needed bums on seats. is it fair that somebody who has been using a season ticket for 18 years in his mates name (as his mate has 4 tickets in his name) doesnt get the chance to change it in to his name. Its an issue LFC created nearly 20 years ago

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: March 12, 2020, 04:43:24 pm »
Its because LFC let people take out more than one season ticket in there name in the 90S whenn there was no demand and they needed bums on seats. is it fair that somebody who has been using a season ticket for 18 years in his mates name (as his mate has 4 tickets in his name) doesnt get the chance to change it in to his name. Its an issue LFC created nearly 20 years ago

Hence the need for the Fan Update.

If someone bought four seasies, then the purpose of the update should be to now get those into the name of the four people they were bought for originally.  If someone wasn't even born when the ticket was originally issued, I don't think they should have a claim.  It should go to the next person on the waiting list.

And if the named STH can't attend a game, I don't think it's right that they have the facility to loan it to a nominated friend.  It should be returned to the general pot so that a member can buy it.  That's how we should be increasing the pool of tickets for members.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #333 on: March 12, 2020, 10:46:19 pm »
Might be better to get your facts right first.

Members' rights have been protected and enhanced over the last few years because of SOS not in spite of it.

It was SOS and others who pushed to get Members virtually the same F&F passing on rights as STHs next season. Also giving the Members the same ACS access next season as STHs if you were in it this year.

The ticket meetings I have been in are dominated by Members not STH. I didn't hear any member at a recent meeting express outrage at the ballot idea - which is supported by 80% of who? Members.

The only people who have rights eroded over the last few years have been STHs.

The fact that you're saying that you had to 'push' to get these things through which seem to me as 'absolute givens' is an utter disgrace and shows exactly what the club thinks of regular members.

The F&F rights you speak of are not 'virtually the same' at all  :butt
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: March 12, 2020, 11:20:22 pm »

But remember that as a member, you can only transfer a ticket to someone who is already a member, that you have previously nominated and isn't going to the game already..... :butt

I don't know 6 people who are members that don't regularly go the game - if there's ever a situation where I cant go because of an emergency, I don't actually have anyone to pass a ticket to because I don't know any members who don't already go the game. I could ask a family member previously, but now to do that I need to get them to pay £30 to sign up to a membership so that in the event I cant go, they can take the ticket and receive a credit that they'll never use in the future.

If a STH has the same issue and cant go, they are able to transfer it to anyone, member or not, as many times as they want.

But its 'virtually the same'......Absolute nonsense.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #335 on: March 13, 2020, 07:41:16 am »
But remember that as a member, you can only transfer a ticket to someone who is already a member, that you have previously nominated and isn't going to the game already..... :butt

I don't know 6 people who are members that don't regularly go the game - if there's ever a situation where I cant go because of an emergency, I don't actually have anyone to pass a ticket to because I don't know any members who don't already go the game. I could ask a family member previously, but now to do that I need to get them to pay £30 to sign up to a membership so that in the event I cant go, they can take the ticket and receive a credit that they'll never use in the future.

If a STH has the same issue and cant go, they are able to transfer it to anyone, member or not, as many times as they want.

But its 'virtually the same'......Absolute nonsense.
Why would the season ticket holder know more people who don’t already go to the game ? How do you know the ST friends and family aren’t members too like your situation!?
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: March 13, 2020, 10:38:43 pm »
Why would the season ticket holder know more people who don’t already go to the game ? How do you know the ST friends and family aren’t members too like your situation!?

When you have the option of 'anyone' then you will have more options than only an existing member. I know loads of reds who are not regular match-goers so don't have membership, but as a member I couldn't pass a ticket on to them as they'd have to be a member. A STH could add them onto their F&F list without them being a member. That's not fair. 

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: March 14, 2020, 09:57:58 pm »
When you have the option of 'anyone' then you will have more options than only an existing member. I know loads of reds who are not regular match-goers so don't have membership, but as a member I couldn't pass a ticket on to them as they'd have to be a member. A STH could add them onto their F&F list without them being a member. That's not fair. 

No that is probably worse than not fair.  The rule should be either you can pass your ticket to anyone named as F&F regardless of whether they have a membership or you can only pass on to F&F who are members.   Keep the rule nice and simple, absolutely no reason to differentiate between ST holders and members.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline DGS_05

• Main Stander
Liverpool is our religion, Anfield is our church.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #339 on: April 25, 2020, 02:24:18 am »
Might be better to get your facts right first.

Members' rights have been protected and enhanced over the last few years because of SOS not in spite of it.

It was SOS and others who pushed to get Members virtually the same F&F passing on rights as STHs next season. Also giving the Members the same ACS access next season as STHs if you were in it this year.

The ticket meetings I have been in are dominated by Members not STH. I didn't hear any member at a recent meeting express outrage at the ballot idea - which is supported by 80% of who? Members.

The only people who have rights eroded over the last few years have been STHs.

Fan Card Holders would take issue with that.

That and the club's woeful communication with FCH's about it at the time - and also the club stopping FCHs with the required game loyalty (the same as Members and STHs) from buying tickets for European home games after the CL Group Stages (before the knockout stage) - in 2017/18.

I appreciate in context you are talking about season tickets - but it is worth mentioning.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #340 on: April 25, 2020, 10:40:07 am »
Fan Card Holders would take issue with that.

That and the club's woeful communication with FCH's about it at the time - and also the club stopping FCHs with the required game loyalty (the same as Members and STHs) from buying tickets for European home games after the CL Group Stages (before the knockout stage) - in 2017/18.

I appreciate in context you are talking about season tickets - but it is worth mentioning.

It’s all about the money, easy as that.
I’d guess most FCH will buy a membership next season to be able to attend matches.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #341 on: June 1, 2020, 05:22:53 pm »
A mate of mine just told me he had a text from someone offering him to buy a ST once the name change is back on for £4500...  :no

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: June 1, 2020, 06:36:13 pm »
A mate of mine just told me he had a text from someone offering him to buy a ST once the name change is back on for £4500...  :no

Think I’ve posted on here before some people have had the ticket for years and never go yet it’s a status symbol for them to have it in there name , can see a few asking big money to change it to the guy who has had it for seasons on end into his name .

One of my mates who sits in the row in front of me has had his off another fella for four seasons , last season he comes out in the ballot for CL final and the original ticket holder sends his son around telling him he’s come out in the ballot but his dad wants to go .

I’ve two in someone else’s name  one since 1996 and the other which my lad has had since 2008ish the fella whose name it is in originally had five but sent two back around 2011 because no on he knew wanted them . He’s now passed away so just awaiting the upgrade . Surprised with staff not being furloughed and not much going on the club haven’t done it online or by post during lockdown

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: June 1, 2020, 06:47:29 pm »
Its a fucking minefield

Offline Campioni 84

• Kemlynite
« Reply #344 on: June 4, 2020, 08:56:40 pm »
The thought had crossed my mind to I am also surprised that the ticket office haven't just slowly plugged away with the Season Ticket update during the lockdown.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: June 5, 2020, 08:45:50 am »

Has he used that card for a while (so this just an expensive capitalist formality), or this an offer from a card he's never used?
If it's the latter, I guess we can expect a bit of that which is comical, because then the exact reason for doing it is missed - getting the card into the name of the person that goes!

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #346 on: June 5, 2020, 10:00:52 am »
Has he used that card for a while (so this just an expensive capitalist formality), or this an offer from a card he's never used?
If it's the latter, I guess we can expect a bit of that which is comical, because then the exact reason for doing it is missed - getting the card into the name of the person that goes!

No he never used it in his life..

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: June 5, 2020, 08:38:20 pm »
No he never used it in his life..

I do think you will have to prove you’ve been using the card somehow , can’t see the club giving  carte Blanche to existing season ticket holders to just give it to someone else without proof , I’m sure it mentions something like this in the announcement by the club .

My two though not in my name it’s my email address , it’s my bank account the auto cup has always come out of and even when we came out of the Athens and Kiev Ballot it was my name that went on the form though I did have an issue with the club over the Kiev one which got sorted at the ticket office

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: June 5, 2020, 08:50:28 pm »
I wonder what the percentage of STHs who actually use their own season ticket is

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: June 5, 2020, 11:01:32 pm »
I wonder what the percentage of STHs who actually use their own season ticket is

Going by a sample of say 20 match going reds I know I reckon about 75 - 80 %

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #350 on: June 6, 2020, 06:59:28 am »
I do think you will have to prove you’ve been using the card somehow , can’t see the club giving  carte Blanche to existing season ticket holders to just give it to someone else without proof , I’m sure it mentions something like this in the announcement by the club .

My two though not in my name it’s my email address , it’s my bank account the auto cup has always come out of and even when we came out of the Athens and Kiev Ballot it was my name that went on the form though I did have an issue with the club over the Kiev one which got sorted at the ticket office

Yeah I most definitely hope that’s the case, you need to provide proof such as payment, email/text conversation.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: June 7, 2020, 09:30:08 am »
It's a while ago now, but I remember there was talk of having to prove it - e.g. show bank statements for the last few years.

But what's to stop the following:

Person has ST. Has not attended a game in years, and passes it around (likely by someone who still attends). (Not saying touting).
They find a person to transfer it to who wants to buy it off them. They agree.
Write a letter saying 'Mr X has always used my card and paid me cash each year'. My wish is for it to be transferred into his name.
I think they will succeed.

No different than that actually being the genuine case.

If we're saying it likely will not succeed, then we're saying a lot of people will have a very big genuine issue.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: June 7, 2020, 12:47:11 pm »
It's a while ago now, but I remember there was talk of having to prove it - e.g. show bank statements for the last few years.

But what's to stop the following:

Person has ST. Has not attended a game in years, and passes it around (likely by someone who still attends). (Not saying touting).
They find a person to transfer it to who wants to buy it off them. They agree.
Write a letter saying 'Mr X has always used my card and paid me cash each year'. My wish is for it to be transferred into his name.
I think they will succeed.

No different than that actually being the genuine case.

If we're saying it likely will not succeed, then we're saying a lot of people will have a very big genuine issue.

What Happens if mr x has never been at all but decides to buy it off mr season tkt  holder but mr Y has found out after refusing to pay the extortionate amount demanded after going on it for years by giving him cash in hand every year ...mr Y then grasses him up to the club   ;D as said earlier fucking minefield
« Last Edit: June 7, 2020, 12:50:34 pm by gazzam1963 »

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #353 on: June 23, 2020, 11:11:47 pm »
is this all still going ahead this summer presumably?

Offline cmulls5

• Kopite
« Reply #354 on: July 2, 2020, 02:27:06 pm »
Despite the small chance of being at matches again this year, has anyone heard anything on the fanupdate process? Will the approved ones be transferred with the new membership for next season?

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: July 6, 2020, 02:42:01 pm »
So when would members who got to 13+ this season complete it?

With all other members?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #357 on: July 6, 2020, 02:44:56 pm »
So when would members who got to 13+ this season complete it?

With all other members?

It won't be until after the STHs are done next - they will get round to them then. No date offered for that yet.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #359 on: July 6, 2020, 02:57:15 pm »
Just done the update but cant tell if i actually have because the form you complete is awful and i havent received an email confirmation or anything like that. Just a message appearing saying people changing 5 or more cards will be contacted?

Website has a contact number on there which just rings out and also has an auto message on there still saying the fan update has no closed.

Can tell this will end in disaster.