Author Topic: Match Preview: UCL QF 2nd Leg City 0 v Liverpool 3 [10 April 2018, KO 19:45 GMT]  (Read 127367 times)

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
Jesus was nailed on

*Insert life of Brian image
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Given Agueros record in this fixture we have to be pleased he doesn't start.

It looks like Pep has basically set them up for an all or nothing performance.

One thing is for sure, we will get chances on the break.

Especially with Mo starting. He will get chances tonight. No question

Come on Redmen! Don't let the Mrs down who is even watching tonight (she watched last week as well and that was the first time in a few years she has watched a game all the way through - is she like lucky socks....?)
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
I expect Pepe thinks Kompany is a liability against ar Mo and perhaps he wants to unleash Aguero from the bench, but overall considering their line-up and them flags it's not looking like a classic European night in Manchester is it  ;D

Good job the Reds are involved.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Cheers mate.

Pep was clearly worried about how easily we isolated Fernandinho and then exposed their split center backs in January. That will still be on his mind and I think. He will probably go with something a bit out of left field with 3 at the back (Walker, Kompany, Danilo), Sane & Sterling at wing backs, Gundogan, Silva & De Bruyne in midfield and Aguero + Jesus up front.

Gini is due a goal away from home. So why not him :D Would love Gini, Lovren, Milner, Moreno, Trent, Ings or Solanke to grab a goal. Someone who has taken stick and would enjoy even more than Salah & Firmino the chance to go and scream their lungs out at the travelling kop. I worry about Mane scoring simply because Firmino hasn't scored for a bit and he won't know how to celebrate the goal. His last one he just stoof there and got mobbed. Worried his head might explode if he scores again.

This looks pretty left field from him. Again, I think Pep is over thinking this as I mentioned he tends to do when up against it. Curious to see what his actual plan is here but if we are looking at a back 3 then I expect Salah and Mane to have some joy against them.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Colonel Mustard in the en-suite bathroom with a lead pipe.
  • Anny Roader
  • i love klopp, kloppy klopp klopp, down in my belly
That attack they got could easily put them 3nil up half time, however it could also concede the same amount. Pep wants goals quickly to try and make us fuck up equally quickly I reckon. Im very nervous about this one now

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy

I said to Loris Karius, "Do you like toast, Loris?"
He said "Yes i do, James. Why?"
I said "Because i've brought my toaster, Loris". It was hilarious.

Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Colonel Mustard in the en-suite bathroom with a lead pipe.
  • Anny Roader
  • i love klopp, kloppy klopp klopp, down in my belly
The 5-0 at City earlier in the season is a blessing in disguise. At least we are aware that this tie is not actually done.

Yep agree

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
Especially with Mo starting. He will get chances tonight. No question

Come on Redmen! Don't let the Mrs down who is even watching tonight (she watched last week as well and that was the first time in a few years she has watched a game all the way through - is she like lucky socks....?)

you have started a superstition now. She will have to watch all our games till we win the CL. sit in the same spot etc.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wondering if Guardiola is having Sane and Sterling play in more orthodox wide midfielder/winger starting positions, so they can arrive later into moves and build up a head of steam before challenging our full backs?

Liking the 3 vs 3. If we can isolate Fernandinho on an early counter, and get him on a yellow, it might force an even more ‘loose’ choice from them

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
I think our boss is ready... ;D

Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
For everything else, there's plastic
Thank you, very, very good.
For some reason I got it in my head this starts at 6.45. It means I am peaking early, first can down and samosas eaten.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
It doesn't matter what way man city plays. Get the ball to one of our forwards, get them running at that defence and it's game over inside the first 20 minutes.

A Bobby no look goal is happening. Empty their fucking stadium by half time.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy

That bloke and then especially that bird there: those are pretty darn hard stares they are directing at our bus. Should be referred for UEFA investigation. Was this flash mob pre-planned? where are the police? Is that a half and half? Shocking.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
This looks pretty left field from him. Again, I think Pep is over thinking this as I mentioned he tends to do when up against it. Curious to see what his actual plan is here but if we are looking at a back 3 then I expect Salah and Mane to have some joy against them.

also: didn't sterling ask to leave us because rogers played him as a WB?

guessing they want to push right up on to us knowing we will want to sit in MF but there should be acres of space on the break.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
you have started a superstition now. She will have to watch all our games till we win the CL. sit in the same spot etc.

Well if she comes up trumps tonight I will assure you that nowt will change between now and the final. You have my word
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
Absolutely bouncing before kick off....

Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So looking forward to this.
The beers are flowing, people are talking shit, there are people in the pub to pretty much see their first game, and I'm gonna shout all over them, drink beer after beer after beer and celebrate Liverpool FC on another brilliant night.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
No better cure for nerves than the best player in the world starting  8)

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

City fans welcome their bus... https://streamable.com/e8dti

Announcer: "Pep said we need your support! It starts now! So please make some noise... Manchester City!" cue a couple of claps and a cheer.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 07:01:36 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

LMFAO!!! THEY HAVE AN ANNOUNCER FOR THEIR BUS EXIT!!!

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What the fuck is that City line-up. Laporte left back and Fernandinho cb? We know they're not long-balling at least!

They will go back 3 with Sane and Sterling as wing backs..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
So looking forward to this.
The beers are flowing, people are talking shit, there are people in the pub to pretty much see their first game, and I'm gonna shout all over them, drink beer after beer after beer and celebrate Liverpool FC on another brilliant night.

show em how we roll ;D

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
Well if she comes up trumps tonight I will assure you that nowt will change between now and the final. You have my word

good man. enjoy it and lets hope we go all the way and RAWK is a happy place post match tonight. As kevin bacon in that EE ad goes "lets go over to Klopp for a overreaction

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Announcer: Pep said we need your support! It starts now! So please make some noise... Manchester City!' cue a couple of claps and a cheer.

:lmao

"Make some noise. Please I beg you, make this look less contrived"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Reminds me of games played against Turkish teams in Istanbul.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
Man, the tension has been almost unbearable today.  Funnily enough I think we will win the match but I am still shitting it here!

Up the Fucking Reds!  :scarf  :scarf

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Who are these weapons on the tv with half and half scarves on. FFS

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written

I hate those electric european away atmospheres that the opposition just feed off of. This isn't that :D

Or maybe they are all disguised as empty seats and will jump up and shout boo just before kick off scaring the shit out of our team and City will quickly grab a goal.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.

Announcer: "Pep said we need your support! It starts now! So please make some noise... Manchester City!" cue a couple of claps and a cheer.

Oh the spontaneity, the élan, the passion ... fucking plastics  ;D

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They will go back 3 with Sane and Sterling as wing backs..

yeah, seems to be it.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/983763033393631232

'Blue and white flags placed on every seat inside the Etihad'

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
Half and half scarf twats

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not in a million years are these our rivals.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That coach welcoming for the City team and the guy with the tannoy  ;D

And here it is : https://twitter.com/RichardBuxton_/status/983759965625208834  ;D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
:lmao

"Make some noise. Please I beg you, make this look less contrived"

They've got Pokemon as well
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/983763033393631232

'Blue and white flags placed on every seat inside the Etihad'

how Chelsea of them!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Embarrassing😁

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Peps looking for the 9-7 win with that line-up. Huge roll of the dice. Pins it all on the first half hour because no way we dont finish that on the counter eventually.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.