Author Topic: How many points do you expect in the next 5 games? 2019/2020 Edition!  (Read 25009 times)

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: How many points do you expect in the next 5 games? 2019/2020 Edition!
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2019, 03:05:23 pm »
Chelsea (A) 3
Sheffield United (A) 3
Leicester City (H) 3
Man United (A) 3
Spurs (H) 3
Believer

Offline actwithoutwords

• postswithoutreading
  • Kopite
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2019, 04:40:46 pm »
11. Really want a win at Old Trafford though. Really due one, particularly after that mess of a game earlier this year. Experience of the Super Cup should help us against Chelsea. We're not going to take them for granted, but if we turn it on we could pump them. Be nice if Kante's still out. He's always excellent against us. Feel like our run of beating Spurs is going to come to an end though.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2019, 04:57:20 pm »
If we get 11 or better we stay top of the league whatever City do. Winning our first 10 league games would be heavenly bliss.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2019, 05:28:01 pm »
Chelsea (A) 1
Sheffield United (A) 3
Leicester City (H) 3
Man United (A) 3
Spurs (H) 3
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2019, 10:57:40 pm »
I can see us being favorite for all of those games, but I just don't see us getting 15 points from them.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2019, 08:44:26 am »
Chelsea (A) 1
Sheffield United (A) 3
Leicester City (H) 3
Man United (A) 3
Spurs (H) 3

I honestly think if we win all those games we'll win the league barring some injury apocalypse there's 3 games in there where we dropped points last season which we could improve on. If you beat both United and Chelsea away you're probably going to win the league. I don't think we will get 15 points from those games but if we did I'd be confident we'd win the league.

Offline Gutzon Borglum

• Kopite
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2019, 09:58:39 am »
We should pick up another 15 points, although the Chelsea and Spurs fixtures have the potential to be rather difficult we should have too much quality for them both. I also think we have developed the attacking quality to rip open United's low block.

If we go 10 straight wins to start the season considering we would've played 5/6 expected top 7 rivals in that run, it would be insane. We can afford to draw one of these games and it won't be the end of the world.

What matters is doing our utmost to maintain or extend the 5pt gap on City going into the clash at Anfield in November, rendering a victory in that fixture the potential to stretch our Lear over them beyond any distance we managed last season, leaving them with the requirement to put together another 15 game winning streak to have a chance at reeling us back in.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2019, 09:59:12 am »
I’d be hoping we get at least 13 points from those games. It’s a tough ask as there are 3 tough games in there but think it’s entirely possible.

Not sure which one we’ll drop 2 points against though.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2019, 10:17:27 am »
It's nice to have a slight cushion over City going into these next 5. If we get 15 from 15 in from this block, we will be doing exceptionally well and will be odds on for the title.

We will be favourites for every game, but I just don't see us winning all 5. Don't see anyone taking a thing off us at home, and I feel we will beat Sheffield Utd away, so that leaves Chelsea and United away. Our record at OT of recent has been average to my memory. Are we due a win or is the trend of drawing going to continue? Chelsea look weak at the back which we will exploit, but young Abraham and Mount are in fine form and I wouldn't back against them grabbing a couple. I reckon we will need to score a few to beat that lot.

I'm going to go with a respectable 13 from 15 with the draw coming against Chelsea or United.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 10:36:05 am by deano2727 »

Offline Ndeyanka

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2019, 10:24:57 am »
Chelsea (A) 3
Sheffield United (A) 3
Leicester City (H) 3
Man United (A) 3
Spurs (H) 3

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2019, 01:19:23 pm »
We should do the impossible and go for 14 points

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2019, 12:31:41 pm »
We should do the impossible and go for 14 points

I was thinking about this and couldn't sleep thinking about it, because it is possible if we win all 5 games and purposely cause a 1 point reduction, so I had to check out the rules how we could lose a point. What I found is going for 13 points by on purpose playing for one draw instead of winning the game, is not very different from winning the game and causing a 1 point reduction. At the end of the night I concluded the latter is better because we would have a sum total of one point more than drawing the game, but the only problem is we may have to wait for the point to be deleted and that would cause confusion in our points total, especially when we are trying to see if we can stay ahead of Everton in the long run.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline The Naby Keita fan club

• Kopite
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2019, 12:57:45 pm »
Chelsea (A) 3
Sheffield United (A) 3
Leicester City (H) 3
Man United (A) 3
Spurs (H) 3
I wish, like Skee-lo in his famous song, but this looks like a one of the hardest set of 5 games this season. If we crumble at Chelsea we are in trouble. Sheffield we know why, then Rodgers factor, Mancs are never easy so we have to beat Spurs then. 10 points at most.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2019, 01:03:25 pm »
I wish, like Skee-lo in his famous song, but this looks like a one of the hardest set of 5 games this season. If we crumble at Chelsea we are in trouble. Sheffield we know why, then Rodgers factor, Mancs are never easy so we have to beat Spurs then. 10 points at most.

It's easy to get pass this set of 5 games. Play the first game against Chelsea, and then there's a new set of 5 games ahead. The 5 is just an illusion.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline The Naby Keita fan club

• Kopite
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2019, 01:18:52 pm »
Its not an illusion. Managers do it all the time. 5 games plan. After the CL, this looks like a new 5 games plan for Klopp. I think he will be happy with 10 points, of course he wants 15 as Ndeyanka.

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2019, 10:46:18 pm »
Probably the hardest set of 5 this season. Playing Chelsea and United away will be difficult and last year we  dropped points. Spurs and Leicester at home should be 3 points but we have players who need to be rested. So if we get 13 points it will be a marker to City. We will need to put out strong sides in the next 3 games in Champions League after the loss. So it is the most difficult set of fixtures for now. The good thing is that we have got the probability theory out of the way due to the Napoli loss.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2019, 06:31:06 pm »
Such an important result. Last season that was the seventh game and first points dropped. So the early season has shown improvement.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2019, 02:47:46 am »
Looking like Leicester will be a potential banana.

Hopefully, the lads especially the strikers will wake up from their recent slumber and give a good show for 3 points! 
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2019, 03:43:09 am »
Leicester (H) - 3pts
Man Utd (A) - 3pts
Spurs (H) - 1pt
Villa (A) - 3pts
Man City (H) - 3pts

If we get that or 15pts from these next 5 games then we are %100 winning the league. Hardest run of 5 fixtures we have all season I think.

Before Man City play us this is their schedule during the same period...

Wolves (H)
Palace (A)
Villa (H)
Southampton (H)

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2019, 03:54:08 am »
If we can stay 4 points ahead by the time we go to city I think that will increase our chances of winning that game, which is basically the game the league will be decided on.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2019, 07:22:15 am »
Leicester (H) - 3pts
Man Utd (A) - 3pts
Spurs (H) - 1pt
Villa (A) - 3pts
Man City (H) - 3pts

If we get that or 15pts from these next 5 games then we are %100 winning the league. Hardest run of 5 fixtures we have all season I think.

Wolves (H)
Palace (A)
Villa (H)
Southampton (H)

Set of 5 games is non-overlapping

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2019, 08:16:28 am »
Leicester (H) - 3pts
Man Utd (A) - 3pts
Spurs (H) - 1pt
Villa (A) - 3pts
Man City (H) - 3pts

Wolves (H)
Palace (A)
Villa (H)
Southampton (H)

every season.......
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #62 on: October 5, 2019, 05:25:04 pm »
we've had bad Octobers recently, but three wins is a great start, given the international break.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2019, 09:33:38 am by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #63 on: October 7, 2019, 01:09:11 pm »
Man U (A)
Spurs (H)
Villa (A)
City (H)

--- Break ---

Palace (A)

I know that the APLT would say otherwise but this is obviously a tricky spell. We bought ourselves a buffer with this weekend's results but if we can come through this window in decent nick then that leaves us in great shape for the rest of the season.

I don't think it can be understated how important that City game is and so it's good to see that for once there are small margins leaning in our favour with the prior mid-week fixtures. A full week at home with no travel for us and a Tuesday night game vs City having to fly down to Italy for the Wednesday night game.

It will be interesting to see how Klopp manages the squad over that window (including the Arsenal game which one assumes is the kids) and on e of the reassuring takeaways from the Leicester game was Lovren standing up and proving he's an option. This is where the squad needs to come into their own, game and man management becomes important.

Good problems to have!

As for how many points - it's the 3/6 points at City that I'm focused on and I'm sure the others will drop as they drop. Can see both United and Spurs rolling over after a spirited first 30 mins. In some ways Villa game becomes the trickiest to manage.

If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #64 on: October 7, 2019, 02:34:18 pm »
The games do not overlap. It is not the next 5 games but set of 5 games like 1-5,6-10,11-15...

We are in games 8 and we have taken 9 points out of 15 possible in this set with 2 games left to play.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 7, 2019, 02:40:58 pm »
The games do not overlap. It is not the next 5 games but set of 5 games like 1-5,6-10,11-15...

We are in games 8 and we have taken 9 points out of 15 possible in this set with 2 games left to play.

It's a tough concept for some to follow. 

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 7, 2019, 02:41:21 pm »

Thank you. These rolling 5 game posts make the thread pointless.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #67 on: October 7, 2019, 07:09:20 pm »
To be fair. The way we are going , the thread is pointless !
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 7, 2019, 07:49:50 pm »
Chelsea - 3 (done)
Sheffield Utd - 3 (done)
Leicester - 3 (done)
Man Utd - 3
Spurs - 3

If we can make it 10/10 wins and get 30 points on the board, that will be excellent. It is very doable from the position we have worked ourselves into. Mind you, Man Utd will be at least 50% better because it is us. And Spurs have been struggling, relatively speaking, but generally you would have to think their big players will want to show what they can do, and they will want revenge for the CL.

We have a big target on our backs, but I'm backing the mighty reds to go 10/10.

And then we can put up another block of 5 games, rather than the overlap stuff that you can't keep track of!

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #69 on: October 7, 2019, 08:48:19 pm »
We should win at least one of the next two matches. Outside of the Europa League, we haven't beat United at Old Trafford under Klopp, so going to their place and getting three points would be incredibly satisfying.

The Spurs fixture worries me less than the United one. Spurs have an awful record at Anfield in recent seasons, so we should be able to win, especially with the issues they are dealing with on (and off?) the pitch.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #70 on: October 8, 2019, 06:52:04 am »
We'll get 13 out of the next 15. We'll beat Chelsea and United away but draw at home to Spurs

I'm sticking with this. Think the Sunday-Wednesday-Sunday with a trip to Genk will be tiring, especially after internationals for most of our squad
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline fintanmar

• Main Stander
« Reply #71 on: October 8, 2019, 08:26:48 am »
We should win at least one of the next two matches. Outside of the Europa League, we haven't beat United at Old Trafford under Klopp, so going to their place and getting three points would be incredibly satisfying.

The Spurs fixture worries me less than the United one. Spurs have an awful record at Anfield in recent seasons, so we should be able to win, especially with the issues they are dealing with on (and off?) the pitch.

That was a draw  :P

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 8, 2019, 08:50:31 am »
The lesson of last season is to never, ever relax on the job. Every single match is a must win. With a team as strong as City, all they need is a loss to embolden them and they are perfectly strong enough to catch up a 8 point lead if we cede that advantage by losing or drawing our matches. We have to keep up the intensity and prioritize the Premiership and do everything possible to win any way we can. Over time that sheer singlemindedness will become more and more habitual until we take even a draw as a mortal insult and we simply want every victory more than the other team. When we play City, we have to outfight them to every ball and show them we want it more - that was what they did to our team last season and their victory was our sole defeat last season and how significant did that victory prove to be...

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 8, 2019, 10:56:18 am »
The lesson of last season is to never, ever relax on the job. Every single match is a must win. With a team as strong as City, all they need is a loss to embolden them and they are perfectly strong enough to catch up a 8 point lead if we cede that advantage by losing or drawing our matches. We have to keep up the intensity and prioritize the Premiership and do everything possible to win any way we can. Over time that sheer singlemindedness will become more and more habitual until we take even a draw as a mortal insult and we simply want every victory more than the other team. When we play City, we have to outfight them to every ball and show them we want it more - that was what they did to our team last season and their victory was our sole defeat last season and how significant did that victory prove to be...

11mm

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 8, 2019, 11:54:18 am »

It never used to be fixed. Always used to be rolling 5 games then people changed it as it affected their OCD.

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #75 on: October 8, 2019, 12:53:02 pm »
Thank you. These rolling 5 game posts make the thread pointless.
I made this point however many seasons ago, and got told off that people should enjoy the thread however they like.  But there really is no point if you aren't taking stock at the end of each block and you can't do that with a rolling block.
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #76 on: October 8, 2019, 12:53:25 pm »
It never used to be fixed. Always used to be rolling 5 games then people changed it as it affected their OCD.
Case in point.
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Online G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2019, 12:19:38 am »
OK - we have another set of five games coming up. 9 wins and 1 draw so far, 15 then 13 points. Excellent so far, next five league games will be:

Aston Villa away (3)
Man City home (3)
Crystal Palace away (3)
Brighton home (3)
Everton home (3)

15 points and a very good lead opening up at the top taking us into a busy December.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2019, 12:26:42 am »
I’ll say 15 from this set

I think Palace away after the break Is the banana skin so could see it being 13 points
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 08:23:06 am by dudleyred »

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2019, 01:36:25 am »
Aston Villa away (3)
Man City home (3)
Crystal Palace away (3)
Brighton home (3)
Everton home (3)
Easy
Believer