Author Topic: The Horse Racing thread  (Read 324025 times)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Re: The Horse Racing thread
« Reply #3560 on: October 10, 2020, 02:18:56 pm »
Was tempted to have a go at Thunder Moon myself this morning but wasn’t sure about the soft ground for him, plus a number of the others look like they may enjoy the soft, so will just watch. Hope it does the business for you

Cheers mate  :thumbup
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3561 on: October 10, 2020, 03:18:11 pm »
Thunder Moon came there cruising but didn't have the kick that he had at the Curragh. Maybe the ground blunted his kick a bit because he beat both of those that day whilst being very unlucky in running. Time will tell, still sweet on him for the Gunieas.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3562 on: October 10, 2020, 03:24:29 pm »
Thunder Moon came there cruising but didn't have the kick that he had at the Curragh. Maybe the ground blunted his kick a bit because he beat both of those that day whilst being very unlucky in running. Time will tell, still sweet on him for the Gunieas.
Yep travelled nicely as you say just wasn’t able to go away so may well be the ground. Different ground in May hopefully. AidanO’Brien has a very good record in the Dewhurst so no surprise to see him getting more from the first two there.

Queens Brook just held on but didn’t win like a 1/3 shot. Bit disappointing really.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3563 on: October 10, 2020, 03:46:19 pm »
Yep travelled nicely as you say just wasn’t able to go away so may well be the ground. Different ground in May hopefully. AidanO’Brien has a very good record in the Dewhurst so no surprise to see him getting more from the first two there.

Queens Brook just held on but didn’t win like a 1/3 shot. Bit disappointing really.

First time over obstacles I don't really mind how much they win by, how was the jumping?

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3564 on: October 10, 2020, 03:52:50 pm »
Only really took the last couple of hurdles at proper speed so hard to know for sure but didn’t do anything wrong jumping wise

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3565 on: October 10, 2020, 03:54:11 pm »
Only really took the last couple of hurdles at proper speed so hard to know for sure but didn’t do anything wrong jumping wise

Cool, won't rule it out going on to bigger and better things for now. Elliot's often only squeak home first time out over hurdles from my experience.

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3566 on: October 11, 2020, 12:31:38 pm »

Hoping they go Breeders Cup with him, looks tailor made for the Juvenile Turf I think, 100% ground went against him yesterday!
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3567 on: October 12, 2020, 01:40:16 am »
Hoping they go Breeders Cup with him, looks tailor made for the Juvenile Turf I think, 100% ground went against him yesterday!

Joseph O'Brien would have no problem travelling with him you'd imagine. Colin Keane rode his first winner for Aidan today. Think I've mentioned it on here before but he's definitely Coolmore's next jockey, in Ireland at least.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3568 on: October 12, 2020, 09:08:56 am »
Joseph O'Brien would have no problem travelling with him you'd imagine. Colin Keane rode his first winner for Aidan today. Think I've mentioned it on here before but he's definitely Coolmore's next jockey, in Ireland at least.

Definitely, he's some jockey. 2nd best in Europe for me only to Boudot.

Feel like Moore has had his day and has declined somewhat in recent years, was truly top class when at his best but not quite there anymore.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3569 on: October 13, 2020, 04:16:25 pm »
A new Cheveley Park 2m juvenile hurdler dotted up for Elliott today. Quilixios. No idea what it beat but will no doubt be aiming higher next time out. Jumped well bar one it was big at early on. Already 14-18/1 for the Triumph.

Darver Star also now second fav for the Arkle after his debut over fences earlier. A bit fiddly early when they were dawdling round jumped better when they picked up the pace.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 04:30:25 pm by duvva »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3570 on: October 14, 2020, 10:32:07 am »
A new Cheveley Park 2m juvenile hurdler dotted up for Elliott today. Quilixios. No idea what it beat but will no doubt be aiming higher next time out. Jumped well bar one it was big at early on. Already 14-18/1 for the Triumph.

Darver Star also now second fav for the Arkle after his debut over fences earlier. A bit fiddly early when they were dawdling round jumped better when they picked up the pace.

Looked a nice prospect Quilixios didn't he, hard to know what he beat thought as most nice Juveniles aren't brought out until later on.

Darver Star is a serious contender for the Arkle isn't he.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3571 on: October 14, 2020, 11:48:46 am »
Eskylane going over hurdles in the first at Punchestown. Not a backable price but worth a watch, some very decent bumper form from last season.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3572 on: October 15, 2020, 09:49:31 pm »
Eskylane going over hurdles in the first at Punchestown. Not a backable price but worth a watch, some very decent bumper form from last season.

Although he didn't look overly impressive, I think that will be a maiden to follow. 8 seconds faster than the handicap over the same difference which is huge!

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3573 on: October 15, 2020, 10:44:49 pm »
Although he didn't look overly impressive, I think that will be a maiden to follow. 8 seconds faster than the handicap over the same difference which is huge!
That’s interesting as it sounds like he wants further than 2m. Don’t know if he got tired as was almost caught on the line, but could be a horse that needs delivering late as well

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3574 on: October 18, 2020, 12:13:31 am »
3 decent horses in a novice chase at Ffos Las tomorrow. Unfortunately they’re the only 3 in the race but interested to see how Fiddlerontheroof measures up against two more seasoned hurdlers. Might want softer ground but think he could go to the top over fences. Only issue may be he’s likely to be up against Envoi Allen at the in between distance

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3575 on: October 18, 2020, 08:52:58 am »
Tough assignment first time out, but I loved Fiddlerontheroof in the parade ring at Cheltenham. Thought he'd make up into a big staying chaser so what he was doing over 2m over hurdles was an absolute bonus.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3576 on: October 18, 2020, 02:50:14 pm »
Considering he made a right mess of the first that was pretty good from If The Cap Fits. Fiddlerontheroof jumped well but seemed a little one paced at the end, maybe he wants further, possibly just at his best in proper soft and heavy conditions

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3577 on: October 20, 2020, 03:07:22 pm »
Another potential Arkle horse running shortly. Captain Guinness runs in the 3:50 at Tipperary. Looked to be running a big race in the Supreme before being taken out by the chaos at the second last

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3578 on: October 20, 2020, 03:58:56 pm »
Another potential Arkle horse running shortly. Captain Guinness runs in the 3:50 at Tipperary. Looked to be running a big race in the Supreme before being taken out by the chaos at the second last
Well they didn’t hang around field finished strung out. Unexcepted did it well, but wasn’t troubled after Captain Guinness dropped away and was pulled up a couple of fences after an awkward jump

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3579 on: October 20, 2020, 10:02:49 pm »
Elliott ran through almost every horse in his stable in the Racing Post yesterday. Basically admitted it doesn’t seem like Malone Road will be as good as expected. Injuries seem to have taken a lot out of him. Elliott is a positive trainer and never even gave up on Samcro when he was getting beat by ordinary types. Did say he wants upping in trip which seems pretty apparent. If he’s not raving about one though I ain’t backing it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 10:13:40 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3580 on: October 20, 2020, 10:14:30 pm »
Shame as he did look the business but they rarely come back the same. What about Quilixios, any others he was particularly bullish about?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3581 on: October 20, 2020, 10:17:23 pm »
Did say he’s still got faith in Delta Work so I’ll probably have a bit on him for the Gold Cup and I remember him saying Presenting Percy was the best staying chaser in Ireland by a country mile before he gave them a kicking in the RSA. Don’t give up on him for some big races, if Elliott can turn him inside out there’s a huge race in him. A lot of generic comments about horses though really. He’d plotted up one for Cheltenham I think, Glenloe but it never ran. Keep that on your radar.

One I like a stack is Farouk D’Alene, I think he’ll take high rank for the Ballymore.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 10:21:04 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3582 on: October 20, 2020, 10:20:20 pm »
Did say he’s still got faith in Death Duty, so I’ll probably have a bit on him for the Gold Cup and I remember him saying Presenting Percy was the best staying chaser in Ireland by a country mile before he gave them a kicking in the RSA. Don’t give up on him for some big races, if Elliott can turn him inside out there’s a huge race in him. A lot of generic comments about horses though really. He’d plotted up one for Cheltenham I think, Glenloe but it never ran. Keep that on your radar.
Wondered whether Percy might end up in the Stayers hurdle if can’t mix it over fences. Sounds as though Percy and Delta Work might both be in the race Kauto used to win at Down Royal to start out in a couple of weeks

Farouk D’Alene was the one that didn’t go in the bumper in the end wasn’t it?

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3583 on: October 22, 2020, 11:22:46 am »
Tiger Roll running on the flat later today to get his season underway

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3584 on: October 22, 2020, 03:30:49 pm »
Given strong vibes by Elliot too, just want him to come home safe and sound and staying on strongly through the line!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3585 on: October 22, 2020, 03:31:45 pm »
Wondered whether Percy might end up in the Stayers hurdle if can’t mix it over fences. Sounds as though Percy and Delta Work might both be in the race Kauto used to win at Down Royal to start out in a couple of weeks

Farouk D’Alene was the one that didn’t go in the bumper in the end wasn’t it?

Great shout on Percy, think he'd be made for a stayers especially given Lisnagar Oscar won it last season.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3586 on: October 22, 2020, 04:34:40 pm »
Nice enough run back from Tiger there, sure they'll have left plenty to work on and he wasn't beaten all that far considering how badly he missed the break.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3587 on: October 22, 2020, 06:04:17 pm »
Just watched it, clearly just a pipe opener as they say. Great for the young jockey to say he’s ridden the two time Grand National winner though

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3588 on: October 23, 2020, 12:38:02 pm »
Looking forward to sitting down and watching some NH racing in Cheltenham for the afternoon, the jumps are officially back now.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3589 on: October 23, 2020, 03:35:41 pm »
Only just had chance to switch this on so missed most of it. Will be watching tomorrow, good to have proper racing back.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3590 on: October 23, 2020, 03:40:22 pm »
Cracking run from Rouge Vif

Offline Shankly!Shankly!

• Anny Roader
  • JUSTICE
    • Inside Forward
« Reply #3591 on: October 23, 2020, 10:32:50 pm »
Looking forward to sitting down and watching some NH racing in Cheltenham for the afternoon, the jumps are officially back now.

Just found this thread. Love the jumps, just a bit worried about The Festival next year.

Good luck tomorrow everyone. My old favourite Cogry funs in the 3.50pm, 11 runners, 4 places in Hills. I'll have an ew stab
'At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.'

https://www.insideforward.co.uk/

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3592 on: October 23, 2020, 11:15:32 pm »
Only just had chance to switch this on so missed most of it. Will be watching tomorrow, good to have proper racing back.

Wish he'd done that in the Arkle when I was all over him!! Certainly seems to need Good ground, if it's proper spring ground at the festival he will go close in a champion chase.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3593 on: October 23, 2020, 11:17:12 pm »

Just found this thread. Love the jumps, just a bit worried about The Festival next year.

Good luck tomorrow everyone. My old favourite Cogry funs in the 3.50pm, 11 runners, 4 places in Hills. I'll have an ew stab

Cloth Cap for me, prefer Cogry on the New course myself

Offline Shankly!Shankly!

• Anny Roader
  • JUSTICE
    • Inside Forward
« Reply #3594 on: October 23, 2020, 11:31:41 pm »
Cloth Cap for me, prefer Cogry on the New course myself

I see Paul Kealy has gone for the same.

Cogry won this in 2017, placed in the last two years. My money on its back may change his form in this. My few quid usually weighs very heavy on a horses. But I'll give the old boy another go, been good to me over the years. Frodon would have to work a miracle giving all that weight.
'At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.'

https://www.insideforward.co.uk/

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3595 on: October 23, 2020, 11:42:53 pm »

Yep not holding out much hope for being at the Festival this time round as things stand. I’ve heard that they’re hoping to be able to allow members in but outside of that it doesn’t look good.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3596 on: October 24, 2020, 08:46:15 am »

Cogry won this in 2017, placed in the last two years. My money on its back may change his form in this. My few quid usually weighs very heavy on a horses. But I'll give the old boy another go, been good to me over the years. Frodon would have to work a miracle giving all that weight.

It's some record considering the old course doesn't suit, if he runs big here I'll be all over him for the 3m handicap at the November meeting on the new course. Followed that path last season and won nicely.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3597 on: October 24, 2020, 01:55:52 pm »
Cracking run from Rouge Vif

That was mightily impressive.

Hoping Allmankind can do the business today. Giving away heaps of weight to the Irish raider though who is no mug and there's been a good bit of money for.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3598 on: October 24, 2020, 01:56:41 pm »

Don't worry you'll fit right in here  ;D

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3599 on: October 24, 2020, 02:05:56 pm »
Don't worry you'll fit right in here  ;D
Yep that’s one of my specialities