Author Topic: Accusations of falsifying documents  (Read 8331 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Accusations of falsifying documents
« on: July 11, 2017, 08:45:02 pm »
In regards to the young lad from Stoke's academy,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/11/exclusive-liverpool-accused-falsifying-document-heart-tapped/

Hugely concerning IF true

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Accusations of falsifying documents
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 08:53:37 pm »
Get the recruitment sorted out now and for seasons ahead incase of a ban on transfers would be my opinion.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 08:54:29 pm »
It's concerning but at the same time also sounds like this kids family are trying a shakedown of the club.

I mean I can't really blame them really though, no guarantee the kid ever makes it so why not get some money in the bank just in case no?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 08:59:23 pm by Chalky Boots »

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 08:57:46 pm »
Cry me a fucking river. Dad running to the papers now and getting the son to throw his two pence in as well.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 08:58:59 pm »
Cry me a fucking river. Dad running to the papers now and getting the son to throw his two pence in as well.

taking the piss now

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 09:00:22 pm »

Maybe so. But if we have falsified documents, then it's a fucking joke and the club should be dealt with.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 09:02:14 pm »
The Premier League confirmed it had “considered” the date change allegation as part of its tapping-up investigation, which it said was at an end.

Hopefully puts an end to it..
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 09:02:59 pm »

Surely you cant be serious?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 09:04:08 pm »
Sounds like bullshit to me, the father is probably trying to get some money off of the club. I do feel sorry for the kid, though.

Also, we won't get a transfer ban unless the FA give us a new one, the current one has a year suspended which would only be brought into action if we were found guilty of a further offence. This bit here - "The Premier League confirmed it had “considered” the date change allegation as part of its tapping-up investigation, which it said was at an end", makes me think that this won't go anywhere.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 09:04:27 pm »
The premier league were already aware of said documents and had taken them into consideration when handing out our punishment.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 09:05:29 pm »
Heart goes out the kid

Premier league should be getting him back playing football

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 09:10:04 pm »
Surely you cant be serious?

Yeah i am, what the fuck have the telegraph got to do with it?

Had anyone died here or am I missing something? Because it reads like that.

LFC act like twats, get investigated, fined, banned. Case closed.

What's changed? Except a dad selling his story to the telegraph.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2017, 09:11:39 pm »

Had anyone died here or am I missing something?

The only thing that might come from this is we might pay them something, it's a non-story mainly being published by the Telegraph because it involves a big club.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2017, 09:14:00 pm »

Had anyone died here or am I missing something? Because it reads like that.

Where the fuck did I say the Telegraph is the reason why I am asking you the question? Cry me a river is what you said, you just said we acted like twats. So, having known that we impacted this lad and his family, your response is cry me a fucking river? Hence why I asked you what I did

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2017, 09:24:43 pm »
Where the fuck did I say the Telegraph is the reason why I am asking you the question? Cry me a river is what you said, you just said we acted like twats. So, having known that we impacted this lad and his family, your response is cry me a fucking river? Hence why I asked you what I did

Because it's going over old ground. How dramatic is that piece as well. Not only that, it's the dad's word against the club's that we altered the date? So it's not even conclusive.

And why run to the papers? What have the telegraph got to do with it? Besides publicising a story which makes us look bad (again), and providing no evidence to boot.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2017, 09:53:19 pm »
Bored of this story now. It was dealt with months ago and this 'evidence' surely would have been brought up then. For the sake of the lad and our club we need to to move on.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2017, 09:56:01 pm »
Don't know if it's a feasible option but given we've been done for it I personally think we should pay the £45k, pay his schooling and shake hands an move on. Draw a line under it

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2017, 07:33:14 am »
Don't know if it's a feasible option but given we've been done for it I personally think we should pay the £45k, pay his schooling and shake hands an move on. Draw a line under it

That would be the right thing to do.  He's obviously been signed up to the school because of the pending Liverpool deal and it's clear his family can't afford it.  It's not his fault or his dad's fault we broke the rules but they're the ones left in a financial black hole.  It would take less than 100k to settle his fees and leave him a free agent.  Are we so cynical now that we wouldn't do that for a young player we left in the mire?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2017, 07:51:21 am »
Whilst I would agree, are we legally able to give them any money?

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2017, 07:59:27 am »
Copy man city and just pay them off it's a drop in the ocean for the negative publicity this is causing
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2017, 08:03:55 am »
That would be the right thing to do.  He's obviously been signed up to the school because of the pending Liverpool deal and it's clear his family can't afford it.  It's not his fault or his dad's fault we broke the rules but they're the ones left in a financial black hole.  It would take less than 100k to settle his fees and leave him a free agent.  Are we so cynical now that we wouldn't do that for a young player we left in the mire?

I get the feeling the father thinks he can get a bigger payoff by continuing to push this via the media. He keeps pushing things that were dealt with during the hearing, just to put further damaging headlines out

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2017, 08:12:43 am »
I get the feeling the father thinks he can get a bigger payoff by continuing to push this via the media. He keeps pushing things that were dealt with during the hearing, just to put further damaging headlines out
Yes he does come across as a nob saying his son can't play football like he was banned from ever going near a ball, but we just need to pay him off to shut up now like those loud people that complain in restaurants - just have your 100k and piss off mate
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2017, 09:29:31 am »
If the father believes this to be true then he is prejudicing any legal action by talking with the press.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2017, 09:44:55 am »
Yes he does come across as a nob saying his son can't play football like he was banned from ever going near a ball, but we just need to pay him off to shut up now like those loud people that complain in restaurants - just have your 100k and piss off mate

If my son was in the same position, I'd make as much noise as possible also. If you go back to the beginning, LFC were the ones to make the first mistake. And if they did not compensate me adequately for what transpired, then I am very much in the right to complain and get my compensation. Why should I be left out of pocket for someone else's fuck up?

Support the club does not mean we have to be blind to the obvious, considering Man City already have compensated their 'victims' for the same issue.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2017, 09:49:04 am »
If the father believes this to be true then he is prejudicing any legal action by talking with the press.
i think he's trying to embarrass the club so that they offer an out of court settlement to go away

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2017, 09:50:00 am »
I apportion blame to the FA for this fuck up as well - they should be looking after the interests of the kid as well.

At the same time as giving LFC the suspended sentence, they should have told the club to pay for the kids school fees.

Oh, and management does not come out of this smelling of roses either - no reason they could not have gone to the FA and asked if they could pay the kids fees anyway.

When we're bandying amounts of 75 million pounds about for a single senior player, 100K is a drop in the ocean.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 09:51:47 am by Rush 82 »

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2017, 09:55:59 am »
i think he's trying to embarrass the club so that they offer an out of court settlement to go away

I wonder if his main concern is that his sons future now seems damaged. I doubt his parents have been perfectly innocent in this process and have seen it as a way of making boat loads of money. By all accounts the lad was binned off from training with Everton for being more hassle than he's worth.

Interesting one for the family is should the lad not make it they have to wonder if that was always the likely outcome or a direct result of their actions.

Don't get me wrong, we have certainly acted like tools on this but I am not having it that this is a one way street and a nasty club taking advantage of an innocent and sweet little family.

Plenty of clubs are mopping up young kids and doing it without the hassle that surrounds this kid.

Often there are two sides to a story like this and those shouting loudest are not always the most innocent.

If he has such a good case why would he settle out of court when he'd make more money going all the way surely?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2017, 09:59:12 am »
I wonder if his main concern is that his sons future now seems damaged. I doubt his parents have been perfectly innocent in this process and have seen it as a way of making boat loads of money. By all accounts the lad was binned off from training with Everton for being more hassle than he's worth.

Interesting one for the family is should the lad not make it they have to wonder if that was always the likely outcome or a direct result of their actions.

Don't get me wrong, we have certainly acted like tools on this but I am not having it that this is a one way street and a nasty club taking advantage of an innocent and sweet little family.

Plenty of clubs are mopping up young kids and doing it without the hassle that surrounds this kid.

Often there are two sides to a story like this and those shouting loudest are not always the most innocent.

If he has such a good case why would he settle out of court when he'd make more money going all the way surely?

Whether or not that is true is besides the point. LFC should be above it all, and if we did at least the most basic of compensations, we would be taking the high road instead of continuously be pulled in the mud all this time. Because anything the dad says after that would just be hot air, and nothing else.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2017, 10:01:27 am »
Whether or not that is true is besides the point. LFC should be above it all, and if we did at least the most basic of compensations, we would be taking the high road instead of continuously be pulled in the mud all this time. Because anything the dad says after that would just be hot air, and nothing else.
Precisely.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2017, 10:02:19 am »

What's to suggest we haven't and they just want more and more and more?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2017, 10:08:12 am »

Ah, ok. Let me throw that back at you and say what's to suggest that we've compensated them in any shape or form?

As far as I've read, we haven't paid his school fees or the Stoke training fees either. Unless if you're suggesting that they're lying directly, I'm automatically assuming that we have not done any form of compensation at all.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2017, 10:12:07 am »
If we had we would be seeing photos of proof of payment in the papers

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2017, 10:16:52 am »
Ah, ok. Let me throw that back at you and say what's to suggest that we've compensated them in any shape or form?

As far as I've read, we haven't paid his school fees or the Stoke training fees either. Unless if you're suggesting that they're lying directly, I'm automatically assuming that we have not done any form of compensation at all.

I'd be surprised if through the process we had not offered something. I guess if we haven't and we have not followed up something we agreed to do then we are likely to be taken to court for it and again, he's prejudicing a trial and potentially damaging his and his sons chances of solid compensation?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2017, 10:23:28 am »
I'd be surprised if through the process we had not offered something. I guess if we haven't and we have not followed up something we agreed to do then we are likely to be taken to court for it and again, he's prejudicing a trial and potentially damaging his and his sons chances of solid compensation?

The thing is, you nip the whole thing in the bud by just paying his school fees and his Stoke fees. You don't have to pay the dad anything at all. If they keep coming up with crap like this after that, then they would look like the greedy party, and we would be the ones who did our side of the obligation, like what Man City has done already.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2017, 10:31:36 am »
Regardless of what the dad/kid are doing for money its dogshit behaviour by the club if true.

Im sure we're not the only ones doing this kind of thing but never good to hear accusations like this about your club
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2017, 10:53:03 am »
The thing is, you nip the whole thing in the bud by just paying his school fees and his Stoke fees. You don't have to pay the dad anything at all. If they keep coming up with crap like this after that, then they would look like the greedy party, and we would be the ones who did our side of the obligation, like what Man City has done already.

No, you offer the school fees and Stoke fees and get them to sign a settlement agreement, that way a line is drawn under it. We definitely should not pay them money and hope they go away- it needs to be final and with no comeback.

It could be they want more than this though- they could be demanding hundreds of thousands for loss of income or some other nonsensical stuff they think they are owed. Fair play to the parents, they have played the media game well in trying to maximise the settlement.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2017, 10:54:39 am »
Jesus it's a slow news week.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline SoftSouthernScouser

• Kemlynite
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2017, 11:06:32 am »
Regardless of opinions on this piece, two things standout.

1) Feel for the poor kid who's been caught up in all of this.

2) Worrying if we have falsified documents. Actually disgusting that anyone at our club could think of covering something up in a legal matter. Makes my blood boil.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2017, 11:25:09 am »
He is obviously a bit of a clown. The family and the club tried to pull a stroke and get him on board.The club bottled it when they found out what they where offering was against the rules. The family reported them and the club got a ban and a fine .No other club will touch the greedy bastards, Now stung the father is trying to shake the club down but has fucked up his own case now by running to the papers.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2017, 11:35:30 am »
No, you offer the school fees and Stoke fees and get them to sign a settlement agreement, that way a line is drawn under it. We definitely should not pay them money and hope they go away- it needs to be final and with no comeback.

It could be they want more than this though- they could be demanding hundreds of thousands for loss of income or some other nonsensical stuff they think they are owed. Fair play to the parents, they have played the media game well in trying to maximise the settlement.

Without being too specific, but I think we are thinking the same thing.