Author Topic: Ojo  (Read 57171 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Ojo
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2016, 06:53:06 am »
I remember listening to a journalist talking about the lack of good young England players of good quality.

They got talking about who might come through in the future, he mentioned a few names and then stopped and said that there was one player who was considered to be on a totally different level. That was Ojo, and he was 15.

I've seen him play a few times for our youth sides.  He's never quite clicked when I've seen him play.  Almost like he was trying to do everything.  I wasn't sure what his best position was, and it will be interesting to see here he ends up.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2016, 07:07:51 am »
Exciting player. Everyone loves a young attacker who turns up and looks fearless. I suppose we have to temper the fun with the fact that Exeter were dead on their feet when he came on.

As regards song... It surely has to be Pharaoh Monch and Mos Def... Continuing the rich tradition of hip hop at anfield!!  8)

Ojo!!
Look at who slotted in the last goal
From Melwood to Anfield they know
We salute the Ojo!!
Step away from the pitch he's too cold
His shot might fracture your nose....

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2016, 07:59:37 am »
The next Raheem Sterling, without the attitude or greed.
You've  done it now.

Offline Nick @ TorchTriathlon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • A Mignolet A Mignolet A Mignolet A Mignolet
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2016, 08:10:56 am »
Sign him up.
"Football is a lie"

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2016, 08:16:01 am »
The next Raheem Sterling, without the attitude or greed.

Just like how Ibe was going to turn out 'miles better' than Sterling, right?

He's the 'next' nothing. No need to compare him to one of our former players. He's looked good in his cameos but it's still early days - he could turn out to be a Raheem Sterling or a Ritchie Patridge.

Will be interesting to see if he's made enough of an impression on Klopp to get onto the bench for the next couple of games.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2016, 08:33:18 am »
Song?

Genasis: I'm in love with the Ojo, He scored another goal, goal

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2016, 08:40:46 am »
Question for those in the know, how does his attributes compare to ibe or sterling?

Online Believe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2016, 08:56:09 am »
Song?

Genasis: I'm in love with the Ojo, He scored another goal, goal

Wake me up before you Ojo

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2016, 08:58:01 am »
Wake me up before you Ojo
Sheyi you, sheyi me

Offline TealC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2016, 09:02:42 am »
Will never make it in a klopp team, sorry... He is only 1.78 ....

Offline Trim0582

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2016, 09:43:25 am »
That goal! I love the fact he had the confidence to even try it in front of the Kop, let alone pull it off. It was so nonchalant. I hope it has made him even hungrier

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2016, 10:04:58 am »
Just needs to keep his head down and train his bollocks off.

If he can show the same level of performance for the rest of the season, he'll give us a decent option off the bench.

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2016, 10:19:51 am »
Just needs to keep his head down and train his bollocks off.

If he can show the same level of performance for the rest of the season, he'll give us a decent option off the bench.

Agreed. A raw talent, but there is obvious potential for him to become a top player. If both 1. he has the right positive attitude to improve as a player and 2. the club gets his development correct, then we are on to a winner with this lad.

However it plays out, Sheyi Ojo has real potential, and I am excited to see how he he progresses over the next couple of years  :)

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2016, 10:33:35 am »
I remember listening to a journalist talking about the lack of good young England players of good quality.

They got talking about who might come through in the future, he mentioned a few names and then stopped and said that there was one player who was considered to be on a totally different level. That was Ojo, and he was 15.

I've seen him play a few times for our youth sides.  He's never quite clicked when I've seen him play.  Almost like he was trying to do everything.  I wasn't sure what his best position was, and it will be interesting to see here he ends up.

Journalist talking crap to be fair, there were a few Ojos in this country, at the same age group even a couple years ago.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2016, 10:36:23 am »
the endless dickery of Lallana.

Spot fucking on!
Kill the humourless

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2016, 10:42:32 am »
Great player, with the added bonus of also being my favourite character in Bear In The Big Blue House

Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2016, 11:05:55 am »
For me his most impressive attribute right now, is that for an 18 year old his final ball is almost fully developed. His delivery just shouldn't be at that level yet and it's mainly because he's so calm in possession.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2016, 11:07:54 am »
That finish. Sturridge esque.

Yeah, Sturridge vs Sunderland, in a surprisingly nervy and low scoring game on our great 2014 run. I was in the kop that night, and Sturridge's shot took a deflection iirc

Ojo's finish was sublime, utter simplicity.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline Gerrard-2-Torres

• Main Stander
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2016, 11:10:43 am »
This lad has got a bright future ahead of him. With the right mind set and proper development under Klopp, he'll be a fucking beast. That goal was pure class.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2016, 01:17:50 pm »
Is he going to a fancy dress party as Mark Morrison in that picture?

Took his goal really well last night and generally did well, but also looked a little lost at times.  Looks a legit threat going forward though and there was one break away where Ibe should've played him in, he was pointing to where he wanted it and knew he had the legs on the defenders but the pass never came.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2016, 01:18:08 pm »

Just like how Ibe was going to turn out 'miles better' than Sterling, right?

He's the 'next' nothing. No need to compare him to one of our former players. He's looked good in his cameos but it's still early days - he could turn out to be a Raheem Sterling or a Ritchie Patridge.

Will be interesting to see if he's made enough of an impression on Klopp to get onto the bench for the next couple of games.
I know it's boring to be sensible in threads like this, but there's a lot of truth in this post.

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2016, 01:42:48 pm »
Journalist talking crap to be fair, there were a few Ojos in this country, at the same age group even a couple years ago.

Ojo wasn't in the England U17 squad that won the Euros back in 2014 so there's no shortage of talent in that specific age group at least.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2016, 02:37:08 pm »
What a finish. Very cool

Loving it  8)

Ojo Cinco  8)

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2016, 03:14:36 pm »
Ojo has the mojo ...  8)
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2016, 03:24:48 pm »
Is he going to a fancy dress party as Mark Morrison in that picture?

Took his goal really well last night and generally did well, but also looked a little lost at times.  Looks a legit threat going forward though and there was one break away where Ibe should've played him in, he was pointing to where he wanted it and knew he had the legs on the defenders but the pass never came.

Haha, excellent mid 90's flashback. All depends on whether he's got a pair of handcuffs out of shot there.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2016, 03:37:17 pm »
Haha, excellent mid 90's flashback. All depends on whether he's got a pair of handcuffs out of shot there.
Greatest intro to a song ever, universal guaranteed floor filler

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2016, 03:42:58 pm »
Been following Ojo since he started playing for the U18. If there's one who has the potential to breakthrough, Ojo is the one. Skill, pace and power in abundance. With the right attitude, desire and application, he should make the grade. Clearly he relished the sub appearances against Exeter. Klopp will keep him here from now on

The OP should leave out the part on his private life. It has nothing to do with Ojo the footballer.

Agree with this!  Not relevant at all!

Great goal last night, really excited about him as a prospect, not seen much of him, but I've heard loads.

Offline coutinho92

• Kemlynite
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2016, 11:57:12 pm »
Think hes got the most potential out of all our current crop coming through. Under klopps guidance he will be a real threat in a couple years. Cant wait to see more of him

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2016, 11:59:46 pm »
Greatest intro to a song ever, universal guaranteed floor filler

Had you more down as a No Diggity kind of man KK.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2016, 12:05:30 am »
Had you more down as a No Diggity kind of man KK.

No doubt

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2016, 12:08:18 am »
No doubt

I like the way you worked it into your post.

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2016, 01:40:07 am »
He looked much better than any of our other attacking options at Exeter. I was confused as to why he didn't start at Anfield.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2016, 03:35:43 am »
He's got the highest ceiling of any of the lads. Genuinely has everything in his locker. He's the best penalty taker at the club by a mile. His sock game is already Ballon d'Or worthy. Check out this performance for England when he bossed play from the middle of the park. This is why I, and others, say he's a CM long-term. He's much, much more than a pacy winger.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SsAWchgFsb8?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SsAWchgFsb8?fs=1</a>

Yikes. Impressive video. The lad can dribble, protect the ball, fling the passes around... I had only seen glimpses of him before, but after seeing that, colour me impressed!

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2016, 04:32:35 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGUoogiOLhA

Nice compilation of his skill and goals here
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 04:35:13 am by KopThat »

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2016, 04:42:38 am »
Anything could happen.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2016, 08:42:50 am »
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2016, 09:47:20 am »
Anything could happen.

And probably will.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2016, 09:58:57 am »
Yikes. Impressive video. The lad can dribble, protect the ball, fling the passes around... I had only seen glimpses of him before, but after seeing that, colour me impressed!
Yeah he looks like he would be excellent as a left cm in a 4-4-2 diamond. Or left of a 4-3-3.

Many managers tend to play youngsters on the wing to improve their timing and decision making.

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2016, 01:24:52 pm »
The OP should leave out the part on his private life. It has nothing to do with Ojo the footballer.
It was the only Ojo article on the echo website, I thought the bit about him supporting Arsenal and all the huge clubs interested in him while at MK Dons was interesting.
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Jay012345

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • How many topics?
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2016, 01:37:11 pm »
I want to see him in CM or AMC. The quality is there to run games.