Author Topic: Match Preview - Manchester City v Liverpool - 3 January 2019 8.00pm  (Read 87454 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: Match Preview - Manchester City v Liverpool - 3 January 2019 8.00pm
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2018, 09:00:04 pm »
Wouldn’t be talking about the ref pre match that will get you nowhere

But if I was Klopp the one thing I’d go on and on about is their tactical fouls to break up counters which are a huge weapon of there’s they are totally reliant on beause they play so high
I’d call it ‘anti football’ to get it in the press, get Pep to respond to it and get it in the officials heads
Fernandinho gets away with 3 or 4 a game - if he gets carded for the first one it’s a massive advantage

Exactly this.

Transitional fouls, etc.

Hasn't Taylor reffed a Man derby too?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2018, 09:05:54 pm »
This also affects our CL run too. If we win Thursday, it will allow us that little bit of extra cushion to rest key players here and there (hello Virgil). We'll be fresher for both the Champions League and the Premier League. And we'll be able to give some underused players like Sturridge, Origi, Lallana, Matip some playing time so they'll be ready if needed in important matches down the road.

Like others here, I'll be content with a draw & won't be worried by a loss. But a win, deary me, a win would...be nice.

This was my thoughts also. Lose or draw and we are still well in the title race. In fact a draw is a great result. But win with a ten point cushion? That would do wanders for helping our shot at the big double. Never expected to be talking like that at the beginning of the season.

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2018, 09:08:46 pm »
I see this similar to last years Champions league away leg against them. They had to win that and equally they have to win this to close the gap. The first 20 mins are going to be crucial and I can see them throwing the kitchen sink at us during that period.

We need to setup for counter attack and there is no team better than us at this and our defence has to be on its A game which I have no doubt it will be. I believe Fabinho will be crucial in both breaking up play and getting us on the front foot in the transition to attack.

There is no way to predict a result but if you had told me a month ago that the worst case is we end up 4 points ahead of City I would have bitten that scabby hand off and poured gravy on it! I like to think of this as a free hit for us. Of course 10 points clear would be amazing but a 4 point gap is incredible at this stage of the season and compared to where we were. Bring it on!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2018, 09:13:19 pm »
I see this similar to last years Champions league away leg against them. They had to win that and equally they have to win this to close the gap. The first 20 mins are going to be crucial and I can see them throwing the kitchen sink at us during that period.

We need to setup for counter attack and there is no team better than us at this and our defence has to be on its A game which I have no doubt it will be. I believe Fabinho will be crucial in both breaking up play and getting us on the front foot in the transition to attack.

There is no way to predict a result but if you had told me a month ago that the worst case is we end up 4 points ahead of City I would have bitten that scabby hand off and poured gravy on it! I like to think of this as a free hit for us. Of course 10 points clear would be amazing but a 4 point gap is incredible at this stage of the season and compared to where we were. Bring it on!

Will he open up though?

It might be cagey.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2018, 09:17:26 pm »
Great OP, and a bit different from the "usual" Match Preview threads.

While I agree with you regarding points and the importance of the Napoli match, I still believe this ManCity match is potentially season defining - not because it opens a factually insurmountable gap in the table, but because it'd be a statement of intent. It'd mean we're not going to make the same kind of mistakes we've previously made, we're not going to crack under unreasonable pressure like we used to do; it'd mean we're eschewing complacency for ruthlesness, nervousness for steely-eyed resolve. It'd be pretty much setting down a marker to the rest of the teams, that they should be scared of us. They should think they have no option but to surrender, because we went to the reigning champions' home and did not flinch, did not cower and did not blink when they tried to stare us down. I'm reminded of a famous line from the 1987 classic "Predator" - 'if it bleeds, we can kill it'.

Well, the beast is bleeding.

So it's something that goes beyond the points, IMO. If we do the business on thursday, then they will get nervous - fans, players and managers alike. They'll try to put us down, they'll try to pray for bad luck to come upon us, they'll even try to get their own hated rivals to stop us. They'll hate us even more because they'll envy us. And we will not care, because the boys in red will only have eyes for the big prize, that golden sky awaiting.
I’m sure many share the same view, for me though it would only become season defining if it makes the difference between us winning and losing the title, and with 17 matches after it I don’t think we can say that yet.

I think we’ve already made many of those statements that you mention, but we can lose this and still win the title. We’ve shown the ability to respond to difficult situations such as going behind and coming back and winning or winning when below our best. We’ve been showing we can win week after week without faltering and losing this won’t change that.

I think other fans are already worried about what’s happening with us so much so a win here can only confirm what’s already happening.

If we win and go 10 points up, we could still throw it away but given what we’ve shown so far I think that’s very unlikely. I think our biggest games are yet to come this season.

Ultimately we’ll all view this in our own ways and there’s nothing wrong with that, but I hope people don’t put too much emphasis on the result and begin to panic if it doesn’t go our way as there’s no need. Just keep believing in what we’ve been seeing since the start of 2018.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 09:20:37 pm by duvva »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2018, 09:18:19 pm »
Will he open up though?

It might be cagey.

Its going to be more cagey for them than for us. They cannot afford to lose. Does not mean its not going to be nerve-wracking  though, but I have seen us play a must-win game against Napoli and we have been in a similar situation against the same opponent in the CL last season, and I think we can handle the pressure better than they can

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2018, 09:18:27 pm »
Thank you Zlen, that is brilliant mate and apologies if it feels your effort seems unappreciated so far, it's a magnificent OP mate.

And this, what a fucking line.

That put a tingle down my spine. Nice OP, Zlen. 👍🏼
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2018, 09:21:50 pm »
Great OP, cheers for that Zlen.

How things change in a year. Last January, they were coming to Anfield unbeaten, in top form, full of confidence and we all know how that ended. Here we are now to start 2019, unbeaten, looking confident and looking to strengthen our position. Hopefully the outcome favors us and we don't have our run ended by them like we did to them.

Despite beating them at the Etihad in Europe, I still think we owe them for the 5-0 in the league we suffered there mostly due to playing with 10 men.

The key as always will be the midfield and the balance of our midfield. I believe we will go back to our last year's system and method of pressing the only question is who plays in midfield depending if Milner is fit. I would like to see Keita start but if Milner is ready to go I can see Klopp going with his usual 3.

We can't afford to be pegged in like we did the last time at the Etihad, and I am not sure how attacking they will be. It will be interesting.

Scoring first imo could be crucial for us.

Becker

Trent
Lovren
Van Dijk
Robertson

Henderson
Wijnaldum
Milner/Keita

Mane
Firmino
Salah

Dont lose lads.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2018, 09:24:51 pm »
Will he go three at back like in Europe?

Or play Laporte LB?

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2018, 09:26:16 pm »
Has some shades of the Chelsea game earlier in the season. That time Chelsea were unbeaten and Hazard was on fire.

This is going to be more nerve-wracking , and I am not sure how I will cope by Thursday. This feels like a key game in the title race

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2018, 09:28:33 pm »
It'll be interesting to see what Pep does. Imagine if they'd been ahead of us they'd have played for the draw like they did at Anfield. Bet since they had the back to back losses he's thought about nothing but how to approach this. He could try and do what they did in the 2nd leg against us and basically try and blow us away before half time, risky though given it's at the end of the christmas period and as we saw in that game, we were able to keep it close and then they had nothing left to fight back with once Salah scored. I'm expecting something crazy though like 3 vs 3 at the back, or all of Mahrez, Sterling, Sane, Aguero, de bruyne and silva starting.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2018, 09:30:46 pm »
It'll be interesting to see what Pep does. Imagine if they'd been ahead of us they'd have played for the draw like they did at Anfield. Bet since they had the back to back losses he's thought about nothing but how to approach this. He could try and do what they did in the 2nd leg against us and basically try and blow us away before half time, risky though given it's at the end of the christmas period and as we saw in that game, we were able to keep it close and then they had nothing left to fight back with once Salah scored. I'm expecting something crazy though like 3 vs 3 at the back, or all of Mahrez, Sterling, Sane, Aguero, de bruyne and silva starting.

I reckon he might do something mental

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2018, 09:31:18 pm »
Cannot wait. It will be fun.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2018, 09:31:34 pm »
If we want other teams to be brave and expose Man City, then we should not be hypocrites, we got the firepower to get there and hurt them. We should play for a win. If it's a game where we trade blows, I believe we can come on top even if it's 3-2. Drawing will still keep us favourites, but a victory will psychologically knock the stuffing out of them... and that is why we have to go there with a winning mentality. Let them then focus on the Cups.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2018, 09:32:04 pm »
Cheers for the great OP.

I think they'll try and blitz us early. Arsenal got at us a bit in the first 15 pressing high up the pitch, and City can definitely do that better. They'll look to grab a quick goal to get pressure off of them. The longer they go without scoring, the more they'll be forced to open up when they don't want to, playing in our hands. Keeping a cool head and not dropping to deep will be vital.

It is a season defining fixture, that's for sure. A point would suit us just fine obviously, but we'll go there to play our game and win.

Alisson
Milner
Lovren
VvD
Robertson
Gini
Henderson
Keita
Mane
Firmino
Salah
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2018, 09:32:54 pm »
Ultimately we’ll all view this in our own ways and there’s nothing wrong with that, but I hope people don’t put too much emphasis on the result and begin to panic if it doesn’t go our way as there’s no need. Just keep believing in what we’ve been seeing since the start of 2018.

oh yes, this I agree 100%

If we drop points it's not the end of the world - it's a blow, yes, but not the end of the world. We would still have the fate of the title in our hands, which means we have enough chances to solidify our claim.

I'm of the mind that we, as fans, can think as ahead as we can and fantasize as much as our imagination allows us about N°19 - as long as the team remains grounded. And I'm sure Klopp is dead-set on making the team keep that line of thinking: one game at a time.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2018, 09:33:09 pm »
Cheers for the great OP.

I think they'll try and blitz us early. Arsenal got at us a bit in the first 15 pressing high up the pitch, and City can definitely do that better. They'll look to grab a quick goal to get pressure off of them. The longer they go without scoring, the more they'll be forced to open up when they don't want to, playing in our hands. Keeping a cool head and not dropping to deep will be vital.

It is a season defining fixture, that's for sure. A point would suit us just fine obviously, but we'll go there to play our game and win.

Alisson
Milner
Lovren
VvD
Robertson
Gini
Henderson
Keita
Mane
Firmino
Salah

Trent has to play over Milner.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2018, 09:33:51 pm »
Cheers for the great OP.

Alisson
Milner
Lovren
VvD
Robertson
Gini
Henderson
Keita
Mane
Firmino
Salah

Milner at right back? Sanè would have him on toast.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2018, 09:34:48 pm »
Cannot wait. It will be fun.

Not sure it will be fun.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2018, 09:35:29 pm »
Got a good feeling. I've missed a few big games this year due to badly arranging date nights etc. (one leg each of City and Roma and more recently the 3-1 over the Mancs, in fact the one time I cancelled my plans was the CL final and look what happened).

So anyway, I'm meeting up with what I can only refer to as my 'long-distance friend with benefits' on Thursday and will therefore not be watching the game...
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2018, 09:35:57 pm »
The annoying thing is after this game it's an FA Cup tie. Meaning regardless of what happens in this tie we'll have to wait a week to go again in the league.
On the plus side members of the first team will be given a much-needed break.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2018, 09:37:25 pm »
We are better than them.  They are not going to change from the off form team of recent weeks that leaks goals.   Pep is rattled, their support is rattled.  I hope we don’t sit back too much and just look to exploit them on the counter.  Get the first goal, take control then pick them off.  2-0 win.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2018, 09:39:16 pm »
The annoying thing is after this game it's an FA Cup tie. Meaning regardless of what happens in this tie we'll have to wait a week to go again in the league.

I think that's a good thing really, win, lose or draw a little breather from it all will be nice. It's been a brutal start and even our CL group was more like what you'd expect in quarters and semis! Will be nice to play Wolves with hopefully some different players and without feeling like I'm about to die.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2018, 09:39:21 pm »
Just win draw.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2018, 09:39:22 pm »

Exactly, which is why we can put 100% into this.  12 day rests for the bulk of the first 11 until Brighton.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2018, 09:44:14 pm »
Dont lose lads.

Although obviously we all understand this... don't think I have that particular head on for this game. I think City will have that head on... but even if they lose, it won't be over for them... FAR rom that. It's not January after all. Teams at the top (and bottom) can drop 5 or 6 points in a two games running, and suddenly a narrative switches. I have my own narrative in my head which is based on the fact that City can bounce back, much like we can. If we win, this still goes deep into April/early May. But what a game to savour!

Offline GreenLaneRed27

• Kopite
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2018, 09:44:43 pm »
On a positive note, just heard that city have conceded in 10 consecutive games so can certainly see us scoring a goal or two...

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2018, 09:49:09 pm »
Will Milner, Henderson and Wijnaldum start in midfield here? And if not, why? The safest option, surely, and the one which took Napoli apart?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 09:53:04 pm by Bjornar »

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2018, 09:49:52 pm »
Will Milner, Henderson and Wijnaldum start here? And if so, why not? The safest option, surely?

Milner might not be fit

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2018, 09:52:47 pm »

Although obviously we all understand this... don't think I have that particular head on for this game. I think City will have that head on... but even if they lose, it won't be over for them... FAR rom that. It's not January after all. Teams at the top (and bottom) can drop 5 or 6 points in a two games running, and suddenly a narrative switches. I have my own narrative in my head which is based on the fact that City can bounce back, much like we can. If we win, this still goes deep into April/early May. But what a game to savour!

We lose and pressure on the team and for the fans will kick in big time. Things like for the past decade teams being top go on to win the league, except Liverpool (twice). The importance of the game can be overstated even with 17 games left to play.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2018, 09:53:37 pm »
We lose and pressure on the team and for the fans will kick in big time. Things like for the past decade teams being top go on to win the league, except Liverpool (twice). The importance of the game can be overstated even with 17 games left to play.

But if we lose then it’s how we react.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2018, 09:57:50 pm »

We'll still have a game and a draw cushion, with only Chelsea, Spurs, and Manu from the top 6 left to play.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2018, 09:58:32 pm »

We can't expect to win every game and you're right, it's how we react if we do lose.

Another eight wins on the bounce is the type of response that champions come up with.

Anyway I predict a draw.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2018, 10:05:35 pm »
Great OP Zlen - an interesting read.

When we consider where we were at the start of the month, its incredible to think we're in this position.

Although I'm confident we can go there and win, I think the most important thing is the 3 recent defeats will have shown other teams that City are vulnerable at the back. Their defence is nowhere near as good as their midfield or attack, and regardless of Thursday's result, I think City will drop more points as teams will be braver and take more risks, as they know they have weaknesses that can be exploited.

By contrast there is (so far) no template to beat us, no precedent that has been set, and no games for managers to re-watch and analyse the weaknesses.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2018, 10:13:08 pm »
This is a no lose game for us

Win and we're 10 points ahead
Draw and we're still 7 points ahead
Lose and we're 4 points ahead

Any of the above scenarios still mean that they have to go out and overhaul a deficit. Of course a win or draw would be infinitely preferable to losing, but we've got money in the bank here and no worries about spending it. I can say this as this squad is built of a helluva lot stronger mettle than past variations and show a confidence in their ability that we've not seen in decades.

Key for me is this however: I see absolutely NOTHING that we should fear from them. Nothing at all. That is not bravado, but fact. They're totally "get-atable" and do not like being pressured. We've shown that as have others. Us on the other hand have shown a side to us that we've (again) needed for decades when faced with adversity: Adaptability. we just figure out what's not working and change it. A plan B or even C. Substitutions have worked and worked well. When we're not firing on all cylinders, we've changed gameplan. In other words, Klopp and the coaching team has played a blinder thus far and in fact are showing signs of getting better.

Last thing that has me buoyant: We have their number.

We're their fly in the ointment. The sand in their sandwich. The itch they can't scratch. The pain in their arse.

Even if they beat us Thursday, they've not changed anything. Nothing at all. My perspective is that losing this game only means something if you want to go through the season unbeaten. As fantastic as that would be - and yes, of course it's possible - it's unrealistic to expect. And plain greedy. I'll settle for losing one or two games still, as it is certain that the others will drop more points than us.

That said, we've got a freedom to do whatever we want in Thursday's match that we've never had in the league. A total freebie. Losing means nothing, except to those wanting us to fail. Win or draw and it just strengthens our position even further.

To be fair though, I would love for us to do what we done to Arsenal and batter them completely of course. Totally steamroller them and show them up for the facade that they are. They have some great players, but we have a great squad. They may have some "on paper" better players, but we've got a togetherness that no-one else shows as having. They still rely on individuals to bail them out when the chips are down - we do it together.

Personally I see us not losing Thursday for the very reason I said above about having their number - they fear us... and we don't fear them.

After all: Why should we?
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2018, 10:13:46 pm »

Am sure you meant to type 'can't' be overstated and I agree. All we'll be thinking about for 4 days. Both teams have been thinking about this game for months.

All I'm saying is... it's January. We beat City then let's beat Brighton. Am not going to lose my shit either end of the scale.

Offline toe punt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2018, 10:16:04 pm »
Nervous already. It as close to a cup final the league gets even this early in the season.

The important thing is if we do lose we bounce back. Our fixtures over Jan/Feb look quite favourable compared to City's as they have Wolves, Arsenal and Chelsea to face. We have United in Feb and that's likely to be tricky now Golem Solskjaer has unleashed Pogba and Co and trying to stop us will be a cup final for them.

I'd take a dull 0-0 here. A win and I dare say it could be a procession let alone a title.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2018, 10:18:14 pm »
We have nothing to fear and that includes even the potential for a defeat. We will get a nice break after this game, will have already played Arsenal and City and will at the very worst have a 4 point lead. The players have answered every question posed of them and I very well doubt even a loss will dent belief.

In terms of the game though, they looked vulnerable, even today. We usually handle Fernandinho quite well and no doubt Klopp will ensure we have a plan for nullifying him.

I expect City to do something mad like how they set up against us in the 2nd leg of the CL, with some crazy formation and Ferdnandinho doing several jobs at once, with the intention of trying to get a goal or two and then playing conservatively.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2018, 10:18:33 pm »
Everything Man City do in the final third is focused on getting the ball out wide, to the byline, and then pulled back as they flood the box. Stop them doing that and you’re away.

I’m treating it as a free game anyway. Lost and it’s expected, we are still in the box seat. Win and...
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.