Author Topic: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC  (Read 232509 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC
« Reply #200 on: May 9, 2019, 10:44:37 pm »
Not sure of the exact figure but something like 13 defeats in the league alone tells me this very winnable and fully expect us to do so

We lost dozens of games when we won it. Means nothing in a one off game.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: May 9, 2019, 10:53:54 pm »
https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/we-can-be-heroes-champions-league-final-01-06-2019.31579/page-9

Just perusing a spurs forum, some seem to think their name is on the trophy and you can't fault them for thinking that. They'll need  alot more than fate to win it though and our experience in recent European finals will surely count for something. The usual "dippers" references the bellends and one lad saying we are c*nts for having flags. No doubt said gobshite was cheering on England last summer.  :lmao

Shame we have to share such an occasion with morons like that
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: May 9, 2019, 10:58:33 pm »
Not sure of the exact figure but something like 13 defeats in the league alone tells me this very winnable and fully expect us to do so

Said the same to all the bedwetters I’ve spoke to today. If we play our best game then there is nothing to worry about.

Spurs are a lovely team and deserve respect, if we’re not on it they will cause issues. But surely everyone has full faith in this team after Tuesday if they didn’t already before?

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #203 on: May 9, 2019, 11:03:39 pm »
Said the same to all the bedwetters I’ve spoke to today. If we play our best game then there is nothing to worry about.

Spurs are a lovely team and deserve respect, if we’re not on it they will cause issues. But surely everyone has full faith in this team after Tuesday if they didn’t already before?

Is the term bedwetter another way of referring to someone who looks at the facts and makes a judgement about what's likely?

They beat City en route and a very good Ajax side. Klopp doesn't win finals. What makes you so confident? Personally I think you may as well toss a coin for it.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: May 9, 2019, 11:04:26 pm »
Klopp doesn't win finals.

Apart from the time that he has done so

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: May 9, 2019, 11:06:31 pm »
Yes, we were very unfortunate that Karius suffered from concussion during the game.

But to talk about our "lucky" own goal against Spurs at Anfield in the build-up to a CL final, when that's exactly how we lost the CL final last season (goalkeeping errors due to concussion). Take that goal away and it's only a draw. A draw doesn't lose us the final.

The goalkeeping position is one area where Spurs are weaker than us
and that's fine by me.

That, and defence, midfield and attack.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: May 9, 2019, 11:07:23 pm »
Apart from the time that he has done so

Poch dont reach finals

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: May 9, 2019, 11:07:40 pm »
Klopp doesn't win finals.

What the fuck is this shit?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: May 9, 2019, 11:12:49 pm »
            Allison
TAAMAtipVVDRobertson
HendersonFabinhoWijnaldum
     SalahFirminoMane

No?

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #209 on: May 9, 2019, 11:12:51 pm »
I have to admit. Nervous about this one.
Its irrational. Ajax are probably a more dangerous side.

I guess what I m nervous about is Spurs spawning their way 1-0 off an 89th min deflected goal or something after we ve had 30 blunt attempts on goal before. One of those games.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: May 9, 2019, 11:14:16 pm »
            Allison
TAAMAtipVVDRobertson
     SalahFirminoMane

No?

For sure, unless Milner worms himself into the midfield. Hope to see Milner - Hendo - Gini for the reaction  ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: May 9, 2019, 11:23:39 pm »
I can't envision Fabinho Hendo and Wijnaldum not starting injury permitting.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #212 on: May 9, 2019, 11:28:57 pm »
            Allison
TAAMAtipVVDRobertson
     SalahFirminoMane

No?

If Firmino is fit, that simply has to be the team. And Milner to come on and captain us for the final 10 minutes as we're 3-0 up.  ;D

Online kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #213 on: May 9, 2019, 11:31:16 pm »
I was feeling really comfortable and relaxed yesterday knowing we were in a European cup final and feeling all of the advantage of being sat pretty knowing we were there. But then i thought, the come back of all come backs may have somehow spurred (no pun intended) TH on, with that same never give up mentality.

Oh well, they are there and rightly so, Alli had a great second half and Moura made it look easy.

But we did it the hard way, 3-0 down from the first leg, no away goal, had to score 4 and without Salah and Firmino against a team who has a player who has just completed 600 goals in his career. We did it the hard way and i'm sure we will do it in Madrid, but lets see. Divock Origi has to play a part because he has scored some amazingly important goals for us.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #214 on: May 9, 2019, 11:32:21 pm »
Just win.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: May 9, 2019, 11:34:31 pm »
It’s not that it’s Spurs that makes me nervous, it’s the fact it’s another English team. We lost last year and I could avoid any mention of it, whoever loses this will have their noses rubbed in it because it’ll be all over the media. I hope to fucking god it’s our year this time.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #216 on: May 9, 2019, 11:37:42 pm »
It’s not that it’s Spurs that makes me nervous, it’s the fact it’s another English team. We lost last year and I could avoid any mention of it, whoever loses this will have their noses rubbed in it because it’ll be all over the media. I hope to fucking god it’s our year this time.

With great risk comes great reward. I get the whole Spurs thing if they win it because we'd never live it down, but I'd be equally gutted if we lost no matter the opponent. Two CL final losses in a row coupled with all our other final defeats over the last 6-7 years will just be too much, even if we were playing Qarabag.

Offline davealexred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #217 on: May 9, 2019, 11:45:49 pm »
It means we’ve enjoyed a hell of a season and can shake any negativity in the summer. It provides context and reminds us just how fucking good we are and we’ve been.

Nobody can take the highs of this season away, whether we end up lifting a big shiny thing round our city or not. You don’t need to wait for the end of the season to know whether you’re allowed to lay any significance on what has come before.

We didn’t get a prize for Tuesday night. Does that mean it meant fuck all?

I can’t believe anyone came away from Tuesday with it meaning nothing to them. Maybe it doesn’t mean anything physical, maybe it doesn’t give us anything tangible but it sure as hell means something!

If you’re going to rely on the tangible to define meaning or significance then you’re very rarely going to be happy because the greatest moments of meaning aren’t presented to you all silver and shiny, they’re experienced, lived.

We’ve had one of the greatest seasons in football history, and we’re being told we’ll be disappointments if it doesn’t culminate in silverware. I call bullshit. This team is something to be proud of, something to admire. If they don’t end up winning a trophy, I’ll be damn sure they’ve given everything for it.

How can that be disappointing?

We’ll go to Madrid and we will fight for every last minute of that game to come back with our Big Ears. But if we come up short, as can happen in this game we love, then I’ll still have nothing but love, pride and admiration for this wonderful side we have, because I’ll know they fought until the last for us.

I don’t doubt that trophies will come but nobody is entitled to them and I’m not waiting round for that day to heap adulation on to these players. Their greatness is unquestionable, with or without a medal round their necks.

Enjoy them now. They won’t be here forever. Don’t leave space to regret not appreciating what you had, because you were waiting round for a trophy to verify what you already know. This team of ours is greatness personified, so don’t be afraid to shout it from the rooftops.

If outsiders want to try and cut us down, then so be it, it’s a sign of respect and fear for what we are. Don’t let yourselves as supporters be fearful of enjoying them to your full extent for fear of ridicule if it doesn’t go according to plan, because that won’t change how incredible this side is. Their laughter comes from relief. Our happiness comes from pride.

For years we’ve yearned for the title, when in reality it’s not the title that brings you joy, it’s the steps taken to get there. Winning the trophy will bring its own joys but it won’t make up for not letting yourself enjoy the ride. And before you know it, it’ll be next season and it all starts again.

If football should teach you anything it’s the old adage that happiness is all about the journey and not the destination. Winning the league is a moment in time that will soon be brushed past and before you know it someone else will be lifting it again. It’s the emotion along the way that will define us.

From Istanbul we talk of Luis Garcia’s Chelsea goal, his Juve goal, the comeback against Olympiakos, Dudek’s mad save etc. We rarely talk about the trophy without thinking about those moments, because they’re what the trophy really means to us.

Whether we win the league or not. Whether we win the European Cup or not. I’ll still have Divvie’s Everton winner. His Newcastle winner. His Barca winner. I’ll still have Salah’s thunderbolt against Chelsea. His winner against Southampton! Mane’s wonder goal v Bayern. Etc. Etc.

We go the game to be part of something in that moment that is bigger than ourselves. We go the game to experience the moments, the brilliance and the connection with thousands of others. If it was all about the trophy why would we bother.

The record I posted reminds us of the brilliance we’ve witnessed. The brilliance we’re witnessing. It is to be lauded no matter what. Enjoy everything about these beautiful relentless bastards. Because they’re ours and they know it. Because they’ll fight for you until the last.

This is no time to be shy about dishing out the praise. We getting to see the greatest football team in the world fight for us, for our city. What a time to be alive!

Great post.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #218 on: May 9, 2019, 11:58:56 pm »

Is the term bedwetter another way of referring to someone who looks at the facts and makes a judgement about what's likely?

They beat City en route and a very good Ajax side. Klopp doesn't win finals. What makes you so confident? Personally I think you may as well toss a coin for it.

You’d rather toss a coin to decide the result of the European Cup Final, than leave it up to these boys?? And you really need to ask about the term bedwetter? Think you’ve covered it pal
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #219 on: May 10, 2019, 12:05:37 am »
Great post.

It is, and it deserves a lot more recognition.

:wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #220 on: May 10, 2019, 12:16:30 am »
We will smash Spurs ASS and get our 6th Champions league title, this team has ALL MY TRUST AND BEYOND.

YNWA ;D

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #221 on: May 10, 2019, 12:20:32 am »
Whether we win the league or not. Whether we win the European Cup or not. I’ll still have Divvie’s Everton winner. His Newcastle winner. His Barca winner. I’ll still have Salah’s thunderbolt against Chelsea. His winner against Southampton! Mane’s wonder goal v Bayern. Etc. Etc.

Spot on and a great post. I'd add Sturridge's last minute wonder goal and VVD's defensive genius against Spurs.

Be great to have a thread of collected moments from this epic season.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #222 on: May 10, 2019, 12:21:16 am »
Big Virgil will make sure that we are up for the game and that we win. Our players are all motivated and are a level above Spurs.
#JFT97

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #223 on: May 10, 2019, 12:21:43 am »
Thinking about this match all day every day now, cannot describe how much I would like to see our boys celebrating winning that beautiful trophy with our fans. YNWA!

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #224 on: May 10, 2019, 12:23:47 am »

you said it mate, it is just some SHIT ;D

I wouldn't even read such posts...meaningless to say the least.

WE ARE GOING TO WIN OUR 6TH CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SATURDAY THE FIRST OF JUNE 2019. And that's it. We fuc***g deserve it more than anybody else and no team in the world can stop us from lifting this trophy, a trophy that belongs to us.

WE WILL NEVER WALK ALONE BROTHERS AND SISTERS! COME ON MIGHTY REDS.

I'm still buzzing from Tuesday night... ;D 8) LOVE YOU LIVERPOOL!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeyHPAdxuy0

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: May 10, 2019, 12:43:23 am »
Klopp doesn't win finals. What makes you so confident?

Sad how a Liverpool fan can come out with a statement like this. Especially after Tuesday.

Type of nonsense you see from a troll on Twitter.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #226 on: May 10, 2019, 12:49:17 am »
https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/we-can-be-heroes-champions-league-final-01-06-2019.31579/page-9

Just perusing a spurs forum, some seem to think their name is on the trophy and you can't fault them for thinking that. They'll need  alot more than fate to win it though and our experience in recent European finals will surely count for something. The usual "dippers" references the bellends and one lad saying we are c*nts for having flags. No doubt said gobshite was cheering on England last summer.  :lmao
CHRIST ALIVE, what a bunch of c*nts. Here was my particular favourite:

"Going to be honest here, and some won't like it. Liverpool are my most hated team. Yes, even more than Woolwich, more than Chelsea, and even more than Brentford (that bit was a joke). I hate their stupid "walk alone song", I hate the fact most of their supporters have southern accents, and I get fed up with talking about Hiilsborough like it was the only crisis on earth. Having been to nearly every stadium in the UK, I can tell you it is amongst the quietest. Whilst beating them in the final would give me the utmost pleasure, losing against them will give me the utmost misery. Think I would have preferred Barca"
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #227 on: May 10, 2019, 12:52:19 am »
CHRIST ALIVE, what a bunch of c*nts. Here was my particular favourite:

"Going to be honest here, and some won't like it. Liverpool are my most hated team. Yes, even more than Woolwich, more than Chelsea, and even more than Brentford (that bit was a joke). I hate their stupid "walk alone song", I hate the fact most of their supporters have southern accents, and I get fed up with talking about Hiilsborough like it was the only crisis on earth. Having been to nearly every stadium in the UK, I can tell you it is amongst the quietest. Whilst beating them in the final would give me the utmost pleasure, losing against them will give me the utmost misery. Think I would have preferred Barca"
Although this was a reply by a fellow fan!

"You’re such a c*nt. Surely you should be playing golf (badly) on the first of June? You’re a nasty tout and our support will be diminished with you in attendance. You’re our version of the Wealdstone raider. A puckered up little loner who looks like he’s swallowed a lemon whole. You’re a c*nt and I hate you. Fucking little golfing bungalow shit goblin. Fuck off."

Christ, they make Evertonians sound calm and rational.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #228 on: May 10, 2019, 01:02:46 am »
Just watched the highlights from last years final, it is still very painful and our players were devastated. We need to bring that anger with us to Madrid and the determination that we are not going to watch as other teams lift that trophy, its coming back to Anfield this year!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: May 10, 2019, 01:58:44 am »
This is our 4th CL final in the last 15 years. Considering the ups and downs we've had in this time span, that's a hell of an achievement.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #230 on: May 10, 2019, 02:23:57 am »
Been saying this all year, in every game, regardless of opposition. Just win, any way, any how, push one last time, everything you have, grab the prize that you've been craving all year, use the anger and disappointment and get it done lads

Yep. Salah in particular

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: May 10, 2019, 02:36:12 am »
Yep. Salah in particular

Especially Mo.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: May 10, 2019, 05:51:45 am »
Not sure we could have had any more bad luck last year -

Buvac fell out with Klopp
Decimated bench
Salah Injury
Karius howlers
Worldie goal

We simply never got going.

Having Spurs in the final has put our feet in the ground although I seriously doubt Klopp underestimates anyone at this stage of the competition.

I just have a feeling Klopp will go out to dominate possession and smother Spurs giving them little to create with perhaps 1 goal in it.

No reason to be frightened of Spurs but Klopp won't allow open football or the Spurs midfield to just stroll through ours. I just see a tight turgid game and we've been good at those most of the season.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: May 10, 2019, 06:06:20 am »

No, a bedwetter is someone like you who is shitting himself because we're playing Spurs in the final inspite of facts.

Spurs beat Ajax. Granted they knocked out Madrid and Juventus, but they're still fucking Ajax. On the other hand, we knocked out Bayern Munich and Barcelona, who I'd say are more difficult opponents than Man City and Ajax.

In addition to the above, we are miles ahead of them in the league and have last year's disappointing loss to serve as a reminder to focus and not let the occasion intimidate us.

Klopp doesn't win finals? How many finals has Pochettino won? What's the comparison of number of trophies won by Klopp and Pochettino?

Quit shitting yourself. Believe in the team, believe in Jurgen. We're winning in Madrid.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #234 on: May 10, 2019, 06:08:00 am »
            Allison
TAAMAtipVVDRobertson
     SalahFirminoMane

No?

No space in between at all for Spurs to exploit. I like it.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #235 on: May 10, 2019, 06:08:43 am »
Not sure we could have had any more bad luck last year -

Buvac fell out with Klopp
Decimated bench
Salah Injury
Karius howlers
Worldie goal

We simply never got going.

fuck, that Bale goal... the chimp-looking bastard is never going to score another one like that. it's a beautiful goal, to be honest, but all of its beauty gets drained when you're the team it's scored against. The moment that shit went in I just... collapsed. It felt like needlessly cruel - the icing on a shit cake made of all those things you listed.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: May 10, 2019, 06:49:13 am »
fuck, that Bale goal... the chimp-looking bastard is never going to score another one like that. it's a beautiful goal, to be honest, but all of its beauty gets drained when you're the team it's scored against. The moment that shit went in I just... collapsed. It felt like needlessly cruel - the icing on a shit cake made of all those things you listed.

To be fair Bale regularly scores amazing goals.

As mental as it sounds with him being a Madrid ‘galactico’ i actually think he’s some how underrated, at least by Madrid fans. That’s at least 2 European Cup Finals that he’s won them for a start.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #237 on: May 10, 2019, 07:06:16 am »
Why is the final so late?
Or is it just my anticipation that makes it so?
Always thought it was 2 weeks after the last league game.

On a more sentimental note, first time I visited this site was in May 2005 when the anticipation of a final had me searching for a site I could spend time reading about Liverpool and the potential matchup whilst also easing my nerves. Glad I stumbled upon RAWK, the alternative was the old chat forum on the main website. ;D
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #238 on: May 10, 2019, 07:23:09 am »

He’s lost 5 out of his last 6 finals. That has some alarm bells ringing with me a little bit. Granted the last 3 had Moreno playing like a child against Seville in the second half, Mignolet letting City’s goal go through him in the Carling Cup final and we all know what happened last year with Karius when he decided to drop some LSD at half time.

Hopefully this year sees him get back on track with a win.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: May 10, 2019, 07:27:52 am »
not arrogant enough to think we can just turn up, even based on our form, then win number 6. the lads will of course bust every nut to bring it home this year. it is extremely difficult not to be very optimistic though  ;D
- all in my opinion of course -