Author Topic: Super Ultimate Last Ever * (Working Title) Movie Draft - Sign up and discussion  (Read 16293 times)

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Nice pick, Lobo. Though I prefer the definitive version Back to the Future III.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Aye me too, just annoying that I couldnt pick it again  >:(
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Is it my go?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
By my reckoning, aye.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wish I kept my fucking mouth shut now.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Sound, all done.

Sorry, I was torn between a few films but went for a sure fire vote winner.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2023, 01:38:37 pm by Hazell »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Good picks thus far

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The eternal question, do I knock off a solid black and white or foreign language film (my knowledge here is limited) or go for my favourite of all time films with the next picks..

I worked as a projectionist at Odeon for 5 years, pitty I can only pick 1 film from that era.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Who are we waiting on that will steal my new next pick?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Andy.  ;D

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I love the Bridge too Far! What an epic cast list.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Andy.  ;D

Who then didn't even bother sending me a message. Ho hum. Good start.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
His new mate, I'd let him off for now.  ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I know, only kidding Andy.

Just lucky my boss is on holiday this week and I am doing "research" on the internet a lot.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How does the draft order work, does it go up and down, or from last to first etc?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Snake order, you picked first in Round 1 so you'll pick last in Round 2  but first in Round 3. 

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Snake order, you picked first in Round 1 so you'll pick last in Round 2  but first in Round 3.

Ah ok thanks, I'll log off till tomorrow then :D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
For Crime can we have 'Mystery' - I think we were allowed that last time?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
Where are we at with this?
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Sheer Magnetism's up, assume Las has PM'd him.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
For Crime can we have 'Mystery' - I think we were allowed that last time?

I probably should have put that in at the beginning. To make it fair, I think we should add it at the end of this round. Unless those who have already picked don't mind adding it right now?

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
You can skip me, I'll pick in an hour or so.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Damn you RM, now that Alien was out of reach for me, I wanted to pick that. Saw it again recently and it's still brilliant.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Stupid can't pick a movie you've already picked *mumble mumble

Happy with Pans Labryinth though.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
All my big guns went early as I expected.

Would have been Pulp all day long for me if I got the chance.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Stupid can't pick a movie you've already picked *mumble mumble

Happy with Pans Labryinth though.

Do one.

I just love everything about that movie. Knew I wouldn't get it though obviously.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Do one.

I just love everything about that movie. Knew I wouldn't get it though obviously.

Yeah it's a fantastic movie.

All my big guns went early as I expected.

Would have been Pulp all day long for me if I got the chance.

I would have picked something different if I had the choice.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Boy, sci-fi sure is popular this round!
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
Boy, sci-fi sure is popular this round!

Aye. It's trending.

I will be strategic for my first pick. Looking at the categories, Family/Animation is by far my weak point. Only really one or two I can pick and I don't want to gift that away.  ;D
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
Ain't nobody taking the second pick either.  :wave

What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I'd like to thank Hazell for backing up what I said in the last draft about Godfather II being the superior film.

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
Damn you RM, now that Alien was out of reach for me, I wanted to pick that. Saw it again recently and it's still brilliant.

I like it a lot better than the first one, to be honest.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline telekon

• Legacy Fan
Anyone else finding this to be more of a difficult puzzle in terms of categories and decades than the pre-80's one? In that I could basically pick what I wanted and didn't have to bother about the rules, and the films were available. Here, intended picks get grabbed, it's a difficult puzzle ("wtf I need a horror from the 50's now"), and I'm cursing only one drama. One drama FFS. I need 5.  ;D

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
There’s one particular Drama I’m very surprised didn’t go on the first pass.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
If it's the one you're thinking of, I considered it but I wanted to grab what would have been my first two picks in the 80's and 2000's draft.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The speed of drafting has got middle aged! I'm off the lakes come Friday was expecting to be finished before then!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
edit , see that John P has posted, so Lastrador next

Offline telekon

• Legacy Fan
Is it a 2 hour interval to post?

Been over 3 for Lastrador now I believe?

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Sorry for the delay gents. Bit early on these lands. Will pick shortly.